• Published 27th Jul 2020
  • 736 Views, 17 Comments

The Experiments - SapphireRose87



My name is Experiment Henry and I'm from a place called Lab 14. Lab 14 wants me to go on some sort of adventure, why I don't know.

  • ...
16
 17
 736

23) Wedding Wreckers

{Henry}

Henry! I could hear Derek’s thoughts frantically inside my head.

I also heard myself saying the words ‘will you marry me’ outside of my head but it sounded faint in the distance while Derek’s thoughts were close and very loud.

Henry, wake up! Derek shouted inside my head.

“Okay, okay!” I said outside of my head. “I’m awake, for crying out loud!”

My eyes were still closed but I could hear Experiment Rose laughing in front of me.

Umm... Henry? Derek thought. You might want to take a look at where you’re at.

Why’s that?

I’m guessing that Experiment Rose is standing right in front of you? he thought.

How did you figure that out? I thought.

Experiment Sebastian is standing right in front of me. Derek thought. Oh, and you're probably tied to the ceiling.

Yeah, Lab 14 likes to do that a lot and I have no idea why! I thought.

I opened my eyes. Unsurprisingly, I was indeed tied to the ceiling. I looked in front of me as I heard Experiment Rose’s laughter and once again Derek was correct.

* * *

Experiment Rose stood in front of me, laughing like a psycho. It was the kind of laugh that matched Cora’s.

“Aww,” said Experiment Rose. “You just look so cute in your wedding attire!”

“Wedding… Attire?” I repeated. Experiment Rose put a mirror in front of me and I stared at it in horror.

When I saw what I was wearing, I wished that I was still knocked out. I was dressed in a black wedding tuxedo with a white button-up shirt, a black bow tie, and a red rose attached to the right side of the tuxedo jacket.

Uh...Derek? I thought. It looks like I'm going to a wedding. I hope it’s not mine! Because I don’t recall proposing to that creature. I was asleep a while ago.

Actually, you did! Derek thought.

What! I thought. Now it was my turn to start freaking out. How did I even do that? I was asleep!

Experiment Rose, somehow she made you do it while you were asleep! I think she used some sort of magic on you! I’m not sensing anything just yet. Derek thought.

How do you know that? I thought.

I can hear your thoughts, duh! Derek thought. And somehow I can hear what’s going outside of your head too!

Yeah, it looks like I can do it, too. I thought.

How do you… Derek thought.

He just asked if you were daydreaming about something? I thought. You might want to answer the question. Experiment Sebastian is giving you a creepy look! And Experiment Rose is giving me one too...

I gulped when I saw Experiment Rose in front of me with a look of joy on her face. I went from terrified to feeling queasy. I wanted to throw up and if I did, I would aim it at her.

“I’m almost afraid to ask this,” I said. “Why am I in a wedding tuxedo?”

“Because we’re getting married, silly!” Experiment Rose said joyfully. At the moment I hoped that I would throw up, just to change the look on her face from joy to disgust.

“I don’t recall proposing to you!” I said.

“Oh, you did!” she said with excitement.

“Huh?” I said. “I was asleep a while ago!”

Experiment Rose smiled at me wickedly. “I used the Blue- Capture pill and right before you woke up, I used my magic on top of that! I just love using the Tell-Me-You-Love Me spell. It’s more effective when you’re barely awake! But when it comes down to you I can’t do it for a long period of time. Not to mention you did wake yourself up right after I got you to propose to me! You look so handsome in your tuxedo!”

Derek? I thought. She did use her magic on me, along with the knock out drug!

The next thing I knew, I felt a surge of power go through me. I knew for a fact that wasn’t Experiment Rose’s Tell-Me-You-Love-Me spell. I remembered how it felt the first couple of times it happened.

Now, I know that’s not part of the Tell-Me-You-Love-Me spell! I thought. Or, as I call it, the Tell Me-You’re-My-Hostage spell!

And how does that work? Derek thought.

It shuts down your thinking abilities, I thought, and it makes you do whatever Experiment Rose wants you to do! I know, Cora made me go on one of those stupid ‘playdates’ with her! I don’t think tying me to a chair and doing that thing, that you explained to me what it was, counts as ‘playing,’ if you know what I mean!

Yeah, Derek thought. I still can’t believe Lab 14 would go that far just for children!

If you ask me, someone needs to reprogram Cora! I thought. But I’m not sure if that’s possible!

Oh, and that surge of power you felt earlier, that wasn’t Experiment Roses spell, Derek thought. It’s part of my magic! I call it the Doctor spell. I've been able to detect if any creature has been hurt. I don’t know how I developed that spell but it comes in handy. Especially in a situation like this! And yes, she did use her magic on you! I’m also sensing that she didn’t do anything else to you! I don’t know how I can do that now! But she didn’t do anything to you except make you propose to her! I don’t know why she was only able to do that but nothing else!

“Too bad I could only dress you in your wedding attire!” Experiment Rose growled. “We had a difficult time just doing that alone!”

“Why?” I asked.

“For some reason your skin got hot,” said Experiment Rose. “We couldn’t touch you directly, so thankfully Cora has tools for that. And it almost melted Cora’s tools, too!”

When I heard that, I snickered. I wondered why Cora was able to tie me to the ceiling if that happened.

“In case you’re wondering how Cora was able to tie you to the ceiling,” said Experiment Rose, “you’re tied with metal handcuffs instead of a rope! And it looks like they’re starting to melt!”

I laughed at her again because Experiment Rose had a frustrated look on her face.

“I’m tied to the ceiling,” I said, “so I can’t run away, at least for now.”

“For now?” Experiment Rose said. “I don’t think you could run away even if you wanted to. Now that you’re awake, we’re going to have to put you back to sleep again so you’ll be at the wedding for sure! And I'll be too busy to use my Tell-Me-You-Love Me spell on you. And Head Cora specifically asked me not to because it doesn’t count if you’re not aware of everything.”

“And using it while I’m asleep to make me propose counts because?” I said.

“Because it’s not against the rules!” Experiment Rose said. “Lab 14 and the other labs agreed to certain rules when they were first set up. And they can’t be changed because it’s set in stone but making you propose isn’t against the rules, thankfully. So for now, we’ll just have to use the Blue-Capture drug on you so you’ll take a nap so you’ll be at the wedding for sure!”

“Uh-huh,” I said. “Do you really think that's going to work?”

“I think it will,” said Experiment Rose. “The Blue-Capture drug worked like a charm on you. I think we can use it again.”

I wanted to snap at her and say it’s not going to work unless I allow it to. But I kept my mouth shut.

“Not to mention,” I said, “I don’t recall having a ring for you either! So this wedding shouldn’t happen, period!”

“Actually, you did have a ring for me!” Experiment Rose said. “See?”

Once again, I was terrified as Experiment Rose showed me a silver ring with a purple stone on it.

“I gave you that?” I asked.

Experiment Rose nodded. “I had it on standby for when you proposed to me. And you did propose to me.”

“Once again, making me propose to you when I’m asleep doesn’t count!” I snapped. “And when’s the wedding?”

“Oh, that’s later tonight,” said Experiment Rose, “and Experiment Derek will be your best man! And Experiment Sebastian will be your groomsman!”

“And what about your bridesmaids?” I asked in terror.

“Oh, I already took care of that!” she said. “Everything is already taken care of!”

Uh...Derek? I thought.

Yeah, I know, Derek thought. I heard that alright!

Is this some sort of nightmare? I thought. As soon as I thought that I felt like a bolt of lightning went through me.

No, that wasn’t the Knock-Out drug! Derek thought. That was me!

How did you… I thought.

Do that? Derek thought. It's part of my magic! Duh! Can you summon any lightning bolts yet? Because that would come in handy right about now!

I wish I could! I thought. But I think that only happens when I’m angry! And right now I’m not angry, I'm scared silly, and I still can’t believe Discord is afraid of me now!

I was going to need to think of something else that would take our minds off the impending doom that was about to happen.

Yeah, I don’t blame you! Derek thought. I wouldn’t want to marry that creature either! I still can’t believe it passes for a woman!

I couldn’t think of anything else when Experiment Rose put a hand under my chin and made me look at her.

“You just keep being adorable!” Experiment Rose smiled at me. “You look lost in thought too! I wonder what you’re daydreaming about? What will I look like going down the aisle for the wedding? Or are you daydreaming about the honeymoon? Too bad my powers don’t work for me to see what you’re thinking about!”

“You make me sick!” I said. “If you must know, I was daydreaming about throwing up on you!”

“You’re not being very nice, you know!” Experiment Rose said.

“I care about being nice to you because?” I asked.

“Oh well..” Experiment Rose said. “It’s time for you to take a nap!”

I felt a needle prick on my hand but it didn’t hurt.

Seriously? I thought. This crap again!

I would help you but my hands are tied! Derek thought.

Yeah, I have the same issue! Let me guess, Experiment Sebastian used the Knock-Out drug didn’t he? I thought.

Yup! So what’s the plan, genius? Derek thought.

I think we’re going to have to take a nap! I thought.

Again!

Yup, I thought. There's a good chance Cora will be at the wedding and we can kill her then and this time we’re gonna have to wake ourselves up!

Yeah, I got you beat on that one! Derek thought. You might want to figure out how to do that!

I’ll figure something out! I thought. Once again, goodnight!

* * *

After a while, I decided it was time to wake myself up. I had perfect timing when I did it. I saw Cora standing over me grinning.

“Let me guess,” I said with a small groan. “I’m tied up to something, aren’t I?”

“You know me so well,” Cora said. “Yeah, you’re tied up to something! I am your mother after all! It’s funny though, we didn’t even have to wake up this time! And you have perfect timing too!”

“What exactly am I tied to this time?” I asked.

“One of my torture chairs!” Cora said.

“And I’m going to stay put, why?” I said. “I’m already back at Lab 14, just let me kill you already!”

Cora laughed the way she usually laughs. “Oh, that was a bluff, and I’m not calling you God Henry either! Oh, and Experiment Derek is right next to you! He woke up in record time too! It’s time for your wedding!”

“Hurray!” I said sarcastically. Cora laughed again and had an evil smile on her face.

“I wonder why Experiment Sebastian is knocked out. I didn’t use the Blue-Capture drug on him.” Cora said.

I rolled my eyes. “Maybe you should ask him?”

You just can’t help yourself! But when it comes down to Serpenta, I don’t blame you! I just waited for you to wake up so you could taunt her instead of me! Derek thought. I win by the way! I woke myself up long before this stupid wedding is supposed to take place! I just pretended I was asleep after I knocked Experiment Sebastian out!

And you didn’t think to escape because? I thought.

There’s no way I’m letting you marry a creature like Experiment Rose! Derek thought.

You do care! I thought with sarcasm. My hero!

At least Experiment Rose didn’t do anything to you! Derek thought.

How do you know that? I thought.

Remember what happened earlier? Or did you hit your head on something? Derek thought. I used my magic again! You’re welcome!

Well, at least I got some sleep this time! I thought.

Ha, ha, Derek thought. Very funny!

As Derek and I were having this conversation, we didn’t realize that Experiment Rose had walked down the aisle. I heard Experiment Sebastian snarl into Derek’s ear. “Too bad I can’t touch you! You’re too hot to handle, literally, and Experiment Rose had the same problem with Experiment Henry!”

When I heard this I tried so hard not to laugh. Derek, on the other hand, got a real kick out of it.

“Don’t worry, Experiment Derek,” said Experiment Sebastian. “We’ll have our honeymoon tonight, just like Experiment Rose and Experiment Henry will!”

Derek and I were laughing in each other’s head and I was hoping that I wasn’t laughing outside my head when we heard Cora clear her throat. “Now, can we begin the wedding already? I can’t make you say yes when you’re lost in thought, now pay attention!”

I bit my tongue as hard as I could, thinking this is going to be loads of fun!

That’s not funny, Henry! Derek thought.

Yeah… I’m not laughing! I thought.

I think Cora thinks she’s acting in a play or something, Derek thought. Her speech is comical! It’s about love and marriage as a sign of respect when two experiments marry they are married to Lab 14. Blah, blah…

I was half-listening to what Derek was thinking to me and the wedding speech that Cora had prepared. Actually, I wasn’t really listening at all. Cora's voice just sounded like background noise off in the distance. I didn't care what that witch was saying. It was a bunch of nonsense to me anyway. I heard Cora clear her throat to get my attention again.

Serpenta’s getting to be really annoying! I thought.

Yeah, I totally agree! Derek thought.

“Experiment Henry!” Cora snapped.

“Huh?” I said, snapping back to reality.

“It’s time to exchange your vows and you’d better say yes if you know what’s good for you!” Cora said.

I turned my head away from her because I didn't care if Experiment Rose said yes to me being her husband.

“Experiment Henry!” Cora snapped at me again. “Do you take Experiment Rose to be your wife?”

You do realize you can say no right? Derek thought. But you look scared silly right now! I guess I’ll have to snap you out of it!

I didn't say a word. I didn't think a word. I just stared off into the distance. I didn’t realize that Derek had decided to act for me when he took everybody except me by surprise. His decision snapped me back into reality. Cora had cleared her throat again. I didn’t answer her.

“Experiment…” Cora said.

“Noooooooo!” Derek roared as if he were a lion that someone had woken up so rudely from its nap.

Derek broke the chair that he was in when he stood up. The chair practically shattered into a million pieces when he stood up. “If anyone should be tied to a chair and be forced to go on a stupid ‘playdate’ on a regular basis it should be you!”

“Experiment Sebastian!” Cora snapped. “You might want to calm your boyfriend down!”

“I’m not his boyfriend,” Derek roared, “and I’m not an experiment! In case you didn’t know, Henry chopped down a tree and I drilled a hole into a tree stump! Henry and I were the ones that completed The God Challenge and not you! And, it’s God Henry and God Derek to you!”

Derek looked extremely annoyed when Experiment Sebastian had his rope around Derek’s arms tying him, or so Experiment Sebastian thought.

“Do you really think that’s going to work on me?” Derek asked.

Experiment Sebastian gave an evil smile. “I didn’t just tie a rope around you, I used the Blue -Capture drug on you with the same rope!”

“That’s not going to work this time, you idiot!” Derek screamed.

“It did before!” Experiment Sebastian said.

“That’s because I allowed it to!” Derek said. “Only reason I went to sleep was to get into Lab 14 so I can kill the witch here!”

Before I could even begin to get out of the rope, the vein where the needle went into puffed up. The medicine drained out of the vein and really creeped me out. Derek proceeded to kick the podium that Cora was standing by and it shattered in the same fashion that the chair did. For some reason Derek decided not to kill Cora first; he really wanted to go after Experiment Rose first. I don’t blame him! Cora pulled on a lever that was by the nearby railing and a trap door opened up behind her.

“Well, Experiment Rose and Experiment Sebastian,” said Cora. “I’m taking my leave now! Maybe I’ll see you later, maybe I won’t! Goodbye!”

She jumped down into the trap door and it closed behind her.

Experiment Sebastian smirked at us. “Experiment Rose, it's time we take those two and make sure they stay here!”

Experiment Rose then went over to the nearby railing and pressed a button. A barrier popped up in front of the stage to shield us from what was going to happen to the audience.

“Good idea!” Experiment Sebastian said. “You called in the firing squad. I totally agree on getting rid of the witnesses first.”

What happened next almost made me confirm that I was having a nightmare and was waiting to wake up from it. Almost, but I knew this wasn't a dream and I wished it was.

Men dressed in green and black clothing marched down the aisle while they opened fire on the audience killing everyone. Even more disturbing, the men that killed the audience turned their guns on themselves! I snapped out of my terror and could feel myself starting to get angry.

Are you angry enough to summon a lightning bolt? Or get out of that chair yet? Derek thought.

I hadn’t realized that I was still tied up to the chair until then. I stood up and the chair broke in the same way that Derek’s hadd when he got up. It was as if I had been turned into some superhero and suddenly gained a lot of power. I guess that’s the perks of being a god now.

“Wow, you’re strong!” Experiment Rose gawked at me.

“I’m getting really tired of you gawking at me like I’m your new toy!” I said. “As a matter of fact, why don’t you go play with an actual toy!”

“And you’re pretty strong too, Experiment Derek!” Experiment Sebastian said, gawking at Derek.

“I’m not an experiment!” Derek gave his lion roar again.

What Derek did next didn’t really disturb me that much but it actually amazed me. Derek’s eyes went from being normal to turning to blood red.

Yeah, I’m dreaming! I thought. I don’t think I’ll be getting away from Lab 14 that easily!

Yeah, you will! Derek thought. Hello! You were sent a protector for a reason! And this is definitely going to be fun!

Experiment Rose and Experiment Sebastian went back to gawking at us and it was getting really old. I was starting to get angry but unfortunately, not enough to summon a lightning bolt yet. What I saw next kind of terrified me. Experiment Rose’s eyes went from all white to all purple.

“Now, Experiment Derek,” Experiment Rose said, “Tell Me You Love Me!”

“No!” Derek snarled at her. “Tell Me You Hate Me, you witch!”

Derek’s attack canceled Experiment Rose’s with no problem at all. His attack was even scarier. His attack latched onto Experiment Rose as he stared her down like a rampaging bull that was getting ready to charge at her. He didn’t even have to charge at her. He stayed right where he was and gripped her in his magic as if he were a unicorn, bringing Experiment Rose within arms reach.

“I just want you to know something, Experiment Rose,” Derek hissed at her, “touch Henry again and you’re dead! I’ve changed my mind! I know, that was so quick, wasn’t it? You’re dead, have fun in the After!”

He used his magic to throw Experiment Rose over the railing as if she were a rag doll. I didn’t hear her scream but instead, I heard a loud satisfying thud as she hit the ground. I looked over to see Experiment Sebastian watching Derek in horror. I grabbed him and there was a bit of a scuffle and I managed to start pushing him over a nearby railing.

“Let me go, Experiment Henry!” Experiment Sebastian said.

“I thought God Derek said that it’s God Henry now!” I snarled.

“You'll never be acknowledged as a god, Experiment Henry!” Experiment Sebastian snapped.

“Coming from you, yeah, you got me on that one!” I said. “As my sister, Sarah, would probably say in a time like this, ‘it’s your funeral.’ Have fun dying!”

I flew up ten feet in the air and threw Experiment Sebastian underneath me and I heard a thud as he hit the ground. A pool of blood surrounded him and I knew for sure that this time he was dead. I brushed my hands together as if I were dusting some sand off them. I laughed when I saw Derek having a lot of fun tossing Experiment Roses bridesmaids over the railing one by one. I looked down. Experiment Rose and her bridesmaids were definitely dead.

Yeah, even though your display of power just now was awesome, I thought. I don’t want to be on the receiving end of that attack!

Oh no, Henry, Derek thought, I’d never do this attack on you!

Okay, I thought, I’ll take your word for it! Now let’s get out of these stupid wedding tuxedos! I don’t think I’ll wear another one, even for my wedding!

You sure about that? Derek thought. But then again, after today, I agree with you on that one!

* * *

Once Derek and I changed back into our original clothing, we stood where the almost wedding took place.

“Are you ready for this?” Derek asked.

“Oh, yeah!” I said. “One less bad memory coming right up!”

I used my magic to summon my shield and started to cut the building in two, starting at the corner to my right. I pushed my shield to the other side and used it to cut the building in half as if I were cutting it with a can opener. Once that was done, we were somehow able to punch a hole in the roof. We were out of the building in ten seconds flat! We found ourselves hovering fifty feet above the building.

“Looks like we both can fly now!” I said.

"Huh, interesting,” Derek said.

Just like after I chopped down that tree, both of Derek’s hands began to glow.

“Huh,” I said. “Both hands this time?”

Out of Derek’s hands came a small beam of light. The light filled the hole that we had just punched in the roof to escape the building. The building exploded and it looked like a huge campfire had been set up in front of us.

“It’s a shame Moria’s not here!” I laughed.

“Why’s that?” Derek said even though he already knew the answer.

“We could’ve had BBQ for dinner!” I said. “I don’t know, though, Pestcord might make a more satisfying meal!”

Derek and I stop ourselves from laughing at the thought. It was still funny to us that Discord was afraid of someone and that someone was me!

“Well,” said Derek, “although this campfire is nice to watch, we should get out of here!”

We flew about ten feet away from the building when I suddenly stopped flying, feeling like I couldn’t go any farther. The next thing I knew, it felt like I had been yanked out of the air. I had the wind knocked out of me as I crashed from fifty feet in the air. The last thing I heard was Derek screaming as I passed out.