• Published 27th Jul 2020
  • 735 Views, 17 Comments

The Experiments - SapphireRose87



My name is Experiment Henry and I'm from a place called Lab 14. Lab 14 wants me to go on some sort of adventure, why I don't know.

  • ...
16
 17
 735

21) Taking Action

{Princess Luna}

Pacing back and forth in front of the computer screens, I watched the video of Experiment Henry chopping down a tree and someone named Derek drilling a hole into a tree stump.

It’s a good thing Discord isn’t here! I thought. Although, I wouldn’t put it past him to pop up for another visit!

Right on cue, I heard a loud pop. It was almost as if my thoughts had signaled him. Discord floated in the air in front of me. “What’s the matter, Nightmara? Scared of God Derek and God Henry coming?”

My ears flattened. I’d had just about enough of Discord popping up all the time, claiming that Experiment Henry and that person named Derek are gods now.

“I just came to comfort you, that's all I want to do this time!” Discord said with an evil smile. He floated on his stomach, propping up his chin with his lion paw and his eagle claw, looking at me as if he were a gossiping filly at a sleepover.

“And how do you plan on doing that?” I snarled.

“Oh?” Discord said. He floated on his back lazily, still giving me that evil smile. “God Henry and God Derek are going after Lab 14 first! So that gives you more time to live! You’ll never find the cure for death at this rate! And one more thing…”

“Yeah, I know!” I snapped. “The gods of the In Between have arrived!”

“Aww, the puppy dog wants to be an adult!” Discord said. He was having way too much teasing me at the moment and he knew it too. His evil smile was gone, replaced with a puppy look.

“That’s not funny, Discord!” I was seeing red at this point. My anger had hit the boiling point. “Taunt me again and I’m going to-"

“Kill me?” Discord interrupted. “Remember, you already tried that once before! And if I do recall correctly, it just tickled! I wanted to taunt you just so you get the point! I’m going to go taunt your sister next! This is going to be fun!”

Discord snapped his claw and laughed wickedly as he slowly faded away into the background.

* * *

{Discord}

Just like Princess Luna, I saw Princess Celestia was once again pacing back and forth looking at the video footage of Henry and Derek completing the God Challenge.

“What’s the matter, Daybreaka?” I was having so much fun taunting the heads of Lab 14, Star Labs, and Celestial Labs. Of course, I wasn’t going to be taunting God Henry anytime soon. I laughed as I taunted Princess Celestia.

When I saw the look on her face, I laughed so hard it made my stomach hurt. I could tell Princess Celestia really wanted to say the words ‘what do you want, Discord,’ and this time I actually wanted her to say it.

“What’s so funny Discord?” Princess Celestia snarled.

“The look on your face!” I laughed. “I just came to tell you a little bit of intel that I just found out.”

“And what might that be?” she growled.

“God Henry and God Derek have decided to go after Lab 14 first!” I exclaimed. “You’ll have a little bit longer to live!”

“There’s no way,” said Princess Celestia, “that I’m going to die by Henry’s or Derek’s hand! No way!”

“Seriously?” I asked. “You’re not a god like I am! Actually, I should correct myself, I’m a demigod. You’re not even at that status, not even close!”

“But I should be considered a god!” Princess Celestia scoffed. “I have more power than you. I have the power to raise the sun back in Equestria!”

“Back in Equestria! You idiot!” I growled. “If I recall correctly, you can’t have more than one limitation to be considered a god. You not only have to have the power but you can only have one limitation. Am I right? I have another question for you. Can you raise the sun here?”

“Well…” Princess Celestia said. She shifted her gaze.

“Well, can you?” I asked.

Princess Celestia hung her head. She knew the answer to that question. She just didn't want to say it out loud.

“I’m waiting!” I snapped. Princess Celestia is never going to live the answer to this question down, for sure. “I’d like to hear an answer sometime today. You’re just as bad as Nightmara!”

“Well…” Princess Celestia said, not looking at me still. “No, I can’t!”

“Exactly! And I was at the first God Con,” I said. “I didn’t see you there. Or did we miss each other somehow?”

“And you know about this God Con how?” she asked.

“Lord of Chaos, hello!” I replied.

“You’re not a Lord, Discord!” Princess Celestia snapped. “Last time I checked you’re a spirit!”

“By the way,” I said, “did you see that spectacular display of lightning the other day?”

“Yes I did,” said Princess Celestia with a small nod. “How could that possibly happen? There are no clouds here.”

“True,” I said, rolling my eyes. “But that came from God Henry! Apparently, he can summon lightning when he’s mad and I wouldn’t piss him off if I were you!”

“Let me guess,” laughed Princess Celestia, “you were the one that pissed him off?”

“Yes,” I said. “He looked scary when he did it!”

Princess Celestia was laughing so hard she was on her back. “The Lord of Chaos! Afraid of someone? Now, that’s funny!”

“Yeah,” I said, “either way, you’re not a god and he is! And yes I am a demigod like it or not, Daybreaka!”

“I’m getting tired of you calling me that, Discord!” Princess Celestia growled.

“Oh, I’m sorry!” I said. I made sure to roll my r’s as if speaking another language, just like I had with God Derek.

“What was that?” Princess Celestia sneered. She stomped her hoof, lit up her horn, and charged at me. As soon as she could even get close to me, I did a teleportation spell and disappeared, only to pop right back up again. Princess Celestia kept doing the same thing over and over. I laughed when she charged at me. It must’ve looked like we were playing a game of tag like back in school. I could do this with Princess Celestia all day. I wished I could keep going and do it at night! As Princess Celestia was finally running out of energy, I teleported behind her and tapped her on the shoulder.

“Tag!” I mocked her. “You're it! I only have one limitation and no, I’m not telling you what it is. You’ll just have to guess. And since I was at the first God Con and all of us saw a vision of the two gods that will rule In Between I do believe that qualifies me for the title of Lord, you know, with being a demigod. To add to that, I help the two gods that rule over Equestria’s universe. I know something you don’t know!”

Princess Celestia paused. “Wait! I thought Alicorns were the ones that ruled over Equestria’s universe!”

I pulled on my beard. “Universe,” I repeated. “Meaning more than one place and one planet. So, Alicorns are not gods. The only way to be considered a god is if you have one limitation, and one limitation only, as well as the amount of power you have. And you do not have enough power to be considered a god!”

I stuck out my tongue like a spoiled brat. “Did you receive your God Invitation for the first God Con?”

“No,” said Princess Celestia. “I have no idea what a God invitation is! But you could be lying about that. You’ve told so many lies, I don't know what's true and what’s not coming from you!”

I shrugged, giving her an evil smile. “Okay, you got me on that one! I wonder though, do you think I would make a convincing human?”

I snapped my claw and turned into God Henry. Princess Celestia’s jaw dropped.

“Now,” I said, clearing my throat, “let me imitate his deep voice!”

“What?” Princess Celestia gasped. “How do you know he has a deep voice? I thought his voice box was taken out!”

“Oh, it was,” I said. “Someone stole it from Lab 14’s vault and gave it back to him! Oh, and did you notice the signal on Moria’s collar?”

“What?” Princess Celestia demanded She gasped. Looking at the computer screen, she saw that there was nothing. “I didn’t realize I wasn’t getting any messages from her! And it’s been weeks!”

“Oh,” I said, “she’s not ignoring you. She threw her collar in a river somewhere. Where it is, I have no idea! So it’s safe to say, she’s not your assistant anymore! Now, can I do my human act, please?”

At this point, Princess Celestia was seething with rage.

I smirked. “Judging by that look on your face, that would be a no. Oh well, too bad you can’t summon lightning bolts when you’re mad!”

I snapped my claw and laughed as I slowly faded away into the background.

* * *

{Leader Felix}

Once God Henry and God Derek left to start their journey to destroy Lab 14, I could finally deal with Agents Snips and Snails for their stupidity. That was after I confirmed that it happened when Sarah and the others were around. The fact that Agents Snips and Snails didn’t send out a distress signal for that really ticked me off. I knew what Fear Shock could do to a person. Thankfully God Derek had been there to help with the true love kiss. If God Derek had not been there, there was a good possibility God Henry would’ve been in some real trouble before his powers fully developed.

It’s a good thing that the Resistance HQ has cells for Agents that commit such serious mistakes that they don’t deserve to be Agents anymore. After they answered for their mistake, or crime for that matter, they are sent to The Resistance Prison in a secure location, not in the In Between.

It was also a good thing I had a table inside my tent so I could break it just to make this point clear. I had broken many tables in my career as an Agent of The Resistance. Finally, the time came for me to deal with Agents Snips and Snails.

“Agents Snips and Snails!” I roared, as I came out of my tent. “Get your butts inside the main tent, right now!”

Agents Snips and Snails looked at each other in fear. Everyone working for the Resistance knew that if I roared like that, the Agent was in big trouble. Agents Snips and Snails entered the tent, cowering in fear.

“From the looks on your faces,” I said, “you’re scared. Good! You should be for what I’m going to say next!”

Agents Snips and Snails were trembling, so afraid that it looked like their knees were going to give out from under them.

“Do you two want to tell me why you didn’t send out a distress signal for an emergency situation?” I growled.

Agent Snips gulped. “Um... What are you talking about, Leader Felix?”

“Yeah!” Agent Snails stammered. “We don’t know what you’re talking about!”

I rubbed my temple. I wasn't about to break the table in front of them yet but I was coming close to it. “Tell me why you didn’t contact me when God Henry went into Fear Shock?”

Agents Snips and Snails gulped, realizing how angry I was.

“But we solved the situation, sir!” Agent Snips said.

“Yeah,” said Agents Snails. “We let Derek give Henry the kiss of tru-”

“It’s God Derek and God Henry to you!” I snarled. “Did I hear you correctly? You let God Derek give God Henry the true love kiss? You didn’t tell him it was a cure to cancel it out?”

“But we didn't know-" Agent Snips said. He clearly didn't want to look at me and I couldn’t blame him with how pissed I was at the moment.

“You didn’t know about that? Seriously!” I scolded. “Now, I know you’re not that stupid! I mean, you two do stupid things sometimes, but really! You two can inform me that God Henry chopped down a tree here and God Derek drilled a hole in the tree stump but you can’t contact me when something as serious as Fear Shock happens?”

“But, sir, we…” Agent Snips said. That's when I decided to punch the table in front of him so hard that it broke in two.

Agents Snips and Agents Snails ears dropped. “Oh boy…”

“‘Oh boy’ is right!” I roared. “You two really screwed up big time. No Agent gets special treatment because they’re escorting a celebrity. As a matter of fact, God Henry was already famous before he chopped down the tree!”

“Huh?” Agents Snips and Snails said.

“Really!” I snarled. “God Henry was the first experiment ever created by Lab 14! Everyone knows that except for you two idiots! Have you two been hiding under a rock? Do you want to know why I punch tables in front of an Agent? It’s because they’ve made a serious mistake or committed a crime on their mission! You want to know what’s funny?”

Agents Snips and Snails gulped and they looked away.

“I was also informed that you two used the Figure-it-Out spell?” I asked.

“But Henry-” Agent Snails said.

I rolled my eyes. “How many times am I going to have to tell you, it’s God Henry! He’s a god now, and you two need to give him that respect, got it?”

Agents Snips and Snails nodded, looking back at the ground because they were too afraid to look me in the eye.

“Tell me,” I said, “why did you feel the need to do the Figure-it-Out spell?”

“God Henry wasn’t talking or making any noise!” Agent Snips said. “I just wanted to see if there was something wrong with him…”

“Actually, Snips,” said Agent Snails, “God Derek already told you that he knew what was wrong with him! And I told you that you should’ve asked him what was wrong!”

“Way to sell a fellow agent out, Snails!” Agent Snips snapped.

“The fact that God Henry wasn’t making any noise and you were concerned about it was reason alone to send me a distress signal,” I told them. “You know something? God Derek’s mission was a success and not because he’s a god now! You want to know why?”

Agent Snips gulped again and squeaked, “Why… Sir?”

“Because God Derek’s mission was to escort God Henry and the others safely to you. And he was also supposed to get the tracking device out of them. And that’s exactly what he did!” I said. “He was even given special tools to get the tracking devices out if the barrier and other tools set by him specifically, didn’t work to get them out. The funny thing is, he didn’t even need help from his dad, Agent Earnest, to do that.”

"Now, since you two have failed on your assignment with this big mistake, you no longer deserve to be Agents for The Resistance. Hand over your badges and you two will be put in the prisoners’ tent until we get back to HQ.”

Agents Snips and Snails hung their heads as they handed me their badges. I then took out of my pocket a small red box that had a black button on top of it. As soon as I pressed the button, two Agents came into the tent.

“Agent Simon and Agent Sally!” I said.

“Yes, sir?” Agent Simon said.

“Take Agents Snips and Agent Snails to the prisoners’ tent and put the sealing handcuffs on them!” I said. “I’m done looking at these two failures!”

At that, Agents Snips and Snails were taken away.

* * *

{Henry}

As soon as Derek and I got to the main location for Lab 14, I was eager to get inside so I could kill that witch Cora.

“So, how are we going to get in?” I asked.

Derek smiled. “I don’t think it’s necessary to find the front door.”

I looked over at what seemed to be an entrance to Lab 14 and saw three people standing around. I knew they were waiting for us. Derek rolled his eyes and looked at me as if to say ‘it was your bright idea, genius!’

“Welp,” said Derek. “You said it might be a trap and you got your trap. Nice going, genius! I still can’t believe they sent that guy after us.”

Derek pointed at the guy that was standing by Cora, waiting for us to appear. I could only assume that he was Experiment Sebastian. I recognized the creature passing for a woman as Experiment Rose. She still creeped me out and was one of the many female experiments Cora forced me to have a ‘playdate’ with! Of course, the person I wanted to kill the most was standing right in between those two was Cora or, as Discord called her, Serpenta. I totally agree with Discord on that one!

“Well, then,” said Derek. “Do we go greet our victims?”

I had an evil smile on my face because I couldn’t be happier to see Serpenta this time and give her the death sentence she deserved!

“You know what, Derek?” I said. “I say we go greet them! It looks like Serpenta and the other two creatures are eagerly awaiting our arrival!”