• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 3,011 Views, 69 Comments

Supermarine "Spitfire" - Kitsune_Kenshi

  • ...
9
 69
 3,011

This is War

The creatures were working on defenses led by the British military; they built bunkers, dug trenches, lay mines, and setting up their Anti-Tank posts. Two Griffin soldiers were cleaning their Vickers, while the others were testing their Brens.

The royal guards and the ponies were still getting use to their new weapons.

Jacob, was guiding the student 6 on their weapons.

"After the last round is fired, you pull out the mag and insert another one, then you pull the bolt. Once you hear 'click' then you gun is loaded." Jacob explained as he helped Gallus with his Sten SMG.

"Huh, these things are sure complicated." Smolder groaned. She was having a hard time to clean her Bren LMG.

"Especially the bolt, make sure to clean it often so dust or small particles won't get jammed inside." Jacob said as he helped Smolder pulling out the bolt, and smoothly cleaned it with a tile.

Compare to the others, Ocellus mastered her Lee-Enfield faster than anyone else. She quickly put the parts together and fired a random shot into the distant to test it. It's no surprise; she's a quick learner.

Though Sandbar doesn't have claws or talons to fire a gun, he found himself good at dealing with grenades. "I'll do the explosive run." he said.

Same for Yona, but she attempted to be a combat medic.

Silverstream immediately fell in love with her Lewis gun, that unique way of reloading and its attractive sound when fired.

Not far from the trench, a truck came with a towed 6 pounders, the door opened and four unicorns stepped out. They ran to their towed gun and released it. Then they pushed the gun to their post and spread out the gears. Another unicorn came with two ammunition chests that contains AP and HE rounds.

One of them got out a binocular and began to scan the battlefield, looking for their targets.

Suddenly, a pegasus came flying in and yelled, "We got company! They're coming!"

"INTO POSITIONS!!! EVERY CREATURES, TO YOU GUNS!!!" the officer called.

Jacob and the student 6 was in the trench, their weapon and heads sticking out. Prepared to shot any enemy that emerges.

Jacob felt something was trembling, first he thought it was the tanks, but later he glanced at Ocellus and found her hooves were shaking hard. "Hey, Ocellus," he comforted the young changeling, "We're here with you alright, I know war's terrifying
but you have to get use to it. Because we'll do this a lot."

The battlefield was silence, deadly quiet. Even heartbeats were heard.

Jacob knew how brutal the battle would be, because this is the silence before the storm.

Then, without warning, a screaming shell hit the ground in front of the trenches, exploding and spreading scarps everywhere. Then more and more explosions.

"Shit! Artillery barrage!" Jacob screamed, "Heads down!!!!"

Another she'll landed next to the trench, the flying rocks and dirt covered them. Another round hit an anti-tank post. The ammunition was hit and detonated. All four unicorns were killed instantly, their body parts flying.

"FUCK! These 88s are tearing us apart!" a British soldier cursed. Just when he finished, a shard from an erupted round caught his neck and send his head flying. The headless soldier fell.

More and more explosions, ponies and creatures screaming. Some of them were missing their body parts.

The young six saw everything, Ocellus almost fainted when an arm landed in front of her. This is war, merciless and brutal.

The artillery barrage lasted for at least 15 minutes before stopping.

"Causalities report." Jacob said to a unicorn.

"We lost four anti-tank crews, 20 men/creatures, and we got over 50 wounded." the unicorn said sadly.

"Fuck." Jacob cursed under his breath, "The battle had just begun and we already lost some brothers."

Suddenly, the ground begin to shake, and up the hills across the battlefield, five email beasts emerged, behind them was the SS. All armed with 98ks, MP40s, StG-44s, MG-34s and 42s. Some even carried Panzerfausts. The tanks were the Pz.III and the Pz. 38s.

MG-42's demonic sound begin to rang, a general propose machine gun that shoots 1,300 rounds per minute is no joke.

The Pz.IIIs and the Pz.38s began to fire its guns, the turret machine guns swiped across the battlefield, putting down any creature that dared to attack it.

"AT crew! AT crew!" the Officer yelled, "Get rid of these damn tanks! Vickers and Brens start shooting! Bring em hell!"

A 6 pounder was pushed into a bunker, its barrel pointed out. "500 yards! Armor Piercing!" the commander cried. The loader picked up an AP round from the ammunition chest and loaded up into the barrel. "Fire!"

BOOM!

A 57mm Armor Piercing round was send though the battlefield, toward its target; a Pz.III Ausf E. The round impacted the frontal plate and easily ripped through its 30mm armor. Then it ignited the ammo rack.

The entire turret was blown off, the crews; well, cooked alive.

"WHOO!!!!" Jacob let out a battle cry. "YEAH!!! GET THOSE JERRIES A LESSON THEY'LL NEVER FORGET!!!"

The Vickers continued to spray at the Germans, cutting them down. The young Six, too, fired at their enemies. Ocellus sure is a sharp shooter, each time her rifle bursted, a man falls. Head shot.

Silverstream was having fun enjoying the recoils of her Lewis gun, while the others were just spraying. Gallus was the actual fighting type, he learned some techniques from Jacob and quickly put down a few Germans.

The enemy numbers were slowly going down, but are tanks rushed towards the battlefield.

With another blow of ammo rack, a Pz.38 was shredded into pieces. The last standing 6 pounder was doing its best to keep the panzers from advancing. Unfortunately, the anti-tank gun became the main target for the panzers.

"300 yards! Armor Piercing!" the commander yelled. Another round was loaded into the gun and fired. That was a direct hit, another dead Pz.III.

Suddenly, more than ten High-Explosive rounds impacted the post. When the smoke is cleared, the anti-tank gun was nothing but scraps, the crew were gone, leaving a pile of body parts.

The last anti-tank gun is gone.

"Fuck!" Jacob saw it coming and crouched under the trench to avoid an incoming round.

"Hey you! Call for air support!" he saw a radio operator and shouts at him. But before he could respond, a bullet came in and silenced him forever.

"Shit!" Jacob cussed and crawl through the mud to get to the radio.

"This is Jacob Willson of the RAF, we requested an immediate artillery strike on the Jerries." Jacob spook through the radio, first he locates the targets, then he asked for request, "The coordinates are 2, 5, 10, and 20. Over!"

He then crouched down towards the six creatures, "Alright, I called an artillery strike on the Jerries. Just wait for a minute. How many rounds have you left?"

"I'm out." Gallus said.

"Still got 5 more shots." Ocellus said.

"Still have some," Sillverstream said as she sprayed another pile of Germans, her gun went silence, "Never mind."

"We're all out." Smolder shrugged.

"The Germans are advancing behind their tanks!" someone yelled.

"God damn, we got no more 6 pounders. This is it... sorry guys..." Jacob apologized to the six students for bring them into this chaos.

"No! It's not too late!" Gallus yelled, "As long as we're still standing, the Nazis ain't gonna cross over!" he then pulled out a bayonet, attached to a rifle he grabbed from another dead soldier.

The Germans were quickly but carefully advancing behind their steel beasts.

However, the Equestrians and everybody else isn't planning to give up. Jacob pulled out his revolver and loaded a couple rounds in. The others pulled out blades and bayonets, preparing to give the Jerries some final hits.

Suddenly, Jacob heard artillery rounds screaming.

Is it the Germans? He thought, No, their troops are advancing, I'll be damned if it were the Jerries. Hold on, this sound isn't the 88s....

The British artillery rounds landed in the middle of the SS and their tanks, sending people flying and turning tanks into fire balls.

Spitfires soar through the sky, spraying bullets at the Germans from above.

"Its our boys!" a British soldier cried in joy, "They're here!"

More and more artillery rounds landed in the German crowds, shredding everybody into pieces. The once crowded SS were left with only a few damaged tanks and 200 people. They call in for retreat. The Nazi scrambled back like frightened rats.

Jacob couldn't just sit there and watch, he got onto a Vickers and started to fire at the retreating Germans, "DIE NAZI DOGS!" He yelled, "WELCOME TO HELL!!!!"

(~)

The battle is over, and the British were starting to clean up the scattered battlefield.

Jacob was picking up dog tags, and tried his best to respect the dead by not stepping into them.

The young six were shocked by the hell-like sight o the battlefield, they haven't experienced war for a thousand years, it's no surprise for anyone to have PTSD. Broken bodies of creatures and humans, scattered organs and parts, and bodies that did not closed their eyes even after death. The soldiers would close it for them, as a sign of respect.

"Is....is it over? The war?" Gallus asked Jacob, but he just frowned.

"No, no, my friend." he sighed, "This is just the beginning. The Jerries are warming up. I'v been through Dunkirk; it was worst then this... it's a genocide..."

"Dunkirk?"

"Yeah, Dunkirk. It started 2 months ago. The Jerries were pushing us from France, we're outnumbered. The Royal Navy was planning a evacuation for our troops in Dunkirk, the beach. I was part of this operation. My flight squadron was sent to Dunkirk to cover for our boys. Man I should've known it'd be hell. The Stukas were shooting at the defenseless soldiers on the beach; it was a massacre. Me and my boys have to lock our eyes on the beach to prevent another slaughtering...
God, that was real hell..." Jacob said, both sadness and anger in his tone.

"Wait, what are 'Stukas'?" Gallus asked.

"Junkers 87s, German dive-bombers, devils from the sky. You hear them scream, you're dead within a second." Jacob explained.

"I'm sorry..." Gallus said, "I...I've never been through so much..."

"There's many things in the world you just....couldn't understand..." Jacob sighed.

"I wish the war would be over soon..." Gallus said, looking at the sunset.

"Yeah, me too." Jacob replied, he's also looking at the horizon. "Tomorrow, the Jerries' gonna put in their whole force to take Canterlot... I guess. But it isn't accurate. I just hope they aren't planning to take Canterlot... If they do..." he sighed and took a deep breath, "The city will burn, many innocents will die... Just like what they did to London. Your city's gonna get bombard..."

Gallus shivered, this battle is already too insane for him, but imagine the entire city getting bombed, hell.

"Alright, I gotta go," Jacob said as he checked his watch, "I'm gonna help setting up air defense systems for the battle tomorrow. Gallus, go to your friends... they need you." Then the pilot walked off.

Gallus was left all alone.

He took a last glance at the sunset, it may be my last... he thought before walking off.

Author's Note:

And there goes chapter 4! By the way, I won't be able to update it for a while, because I got online classes. But I'll be sure to update it whenever I got time.

Here's the timeline of Dunkirk Evacuation, incase some of you guys get confused.

May 27, 1940 – Jun 4, 1940