• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 3,011 Views, 69 Comments

Supermarine "Spitfire" - Kitsune_Kenshi

  • ...
9
 69
 3,011

Battle of Canterlot pt.3: Victory is Ours!

Theme for this chapter. (Hecksaw Ridge OST)

EQUESTRIAN ARMY, TRENCHES

"GET THOSE 6 POUNDERS AND GIVE' EM HELL!!!" Gallus shouted and a three-stallion anti-tank crew rolled up a 6 pounder, positioning the gun's angle.

Not far from their trenches, the Germans launched their assaults again, Pz.IIIs and 38ts were all over the place, followed by armor trucks and infantries. Though the Vickers have been spitting bullets at the incoming enemies, they're blocked by the tanks. The Germans formed a formation where tanks formed a metal wall that shields the infantries from MGs. The 6 pounders are working their best, but they're simply outnumbered.

"300 YARDS! Load Armor Piercing!" The Gun Commander shouted, the loader quickly levered an AP round using his magic and staffed it into the gun breach, then he locked it tight. "Target Acquired!" The gunner locked his sight onto a Pz.III, which his surpassing most of their fire.

"FIRE!"

The gunner pressed the trigger, which fired off the round. The AP round reached its target in less than 2 seconds, it ripped through the thin sheet of armor and ignited the ammo rack. BOOM!!! The turret was thrown across the battlefield and landed on three unlucky enemy soldiers, killing them instantly.

Unfortunately, that 6 pounder later was shot by a 37mm gun and cooked off.

"UGH! SHIT!" A soldier cried, "OUR GUNS ARE GETTING F**KED UP!"

The 6 pounders were getting pounded overtime they fires, finally, the last gun is blown off. That left Gallus and his men/stallions, helpless against these metal beasts. Gallus watched hopelessly as a Pz.III pointed its gun at him, the Griffon shut his eyes, waiting for the death to come.

BOOM!!!

Gallus flinched, but he could still feel his body. Still alive, in one piece, then what's that explosion? He turned and saw another tank; a Cruiser IV was advancing from behind, followed by platoons. Their armor support arrived just in time! The leading Cruiser Iv's hatch opened, revealing a familiar orange mare with a cowboy (Cowmare) hat on. "Howdy folks!" she said, "Need some hooves?"

(~)

Meanwhile, up in the sky, Jacob returned to his squadron with Spitfire and Soarin. Suddenly, they spotted more than 30 planes flying in 12 o'clock fast! The bright yellow nose already told them their ID: Messerschmitt Bf-109 E4.

"Got visual on the enemies." Soarin said, "Permission to engage?"

"Negative, our order's to stay with the bombers." Jacob replied. (By the way this part is inspired by Red Tails.)

"Damn it I hate this war." Soarin mumbled.

The leading Bf-109 is piloted by an elite pilot name Hans, he shot down over 100 Spitfires and Hurricanes over Great Britain, he's one of the most deadliest predators of the Luftwaffe. And this time, he'll get more kills. Hans was scoffing the entire time, Spitfires piloted by ponies? LOL! Not even a single chance! Yup, Hans is just too proud.

"Geschwader 1, lass die Kämpfer ablenken, der Rest von dir bleibt bei mir. (Squadron 1, go distract the fighters, the rest of you stay with me.)" Hans spoke through the radio, his tactics is to distract the fighters while the main squadron go in and kills off the bombers. (Sounds familiar eh.)

Immediately, five fighters went down towards the Spitfires and the bombers. But their orders were distracting, not attacking.

"We've got boogies coming in hot!" a stallion reported from a Spitfire, "Should we engage?"

"Negative, they're not attacking, let' em go. Stay with the bombers." Jacob responded.

Seeing their tactics did not work, Hans is both surprised and angered by these pilots. He had an evil smirk on his face, "Dann müssen wir es auf die harte Tour machen, Pause! (We'll have to do it the hard way then, break!)"

The Bf-109 immediately turned and lunged at the bombers, their machine guns opened fire.

"Here we go!" Jacob said as the ordered his men/mare/stallions to attack. The Spitfires and the Messerschmitts charged at each other; it was chaos unleashed.

"Spitfire! There's a jerry on my tail!" Soarin cried as the 7.92mm bullets ripped through his Spitfire. "On my way Soarin! Hang on!" Spitfire replied as she turned towards the Bf-109 chasing Soarin. She locked on and pressed the trigger. DA DA DA....
The brownings opened fire, ripping the Bf-109 into shreds. But before Spitfire can even say something, she found herself dogfighting another Messerschmitt behind her plane. This Bf-109 is indeed a skilled one, it kept on her tail and no matter how Spitfire tried to shake him off, the Bf-109 follows.

Hans is outraged by the outcome, his men, elite pilots of the third reich, is getting killed by... PONIES?! This is simply a shame!!! He locked onto a Spitfire and bursted his rounds into his enemy's. he didn't know that this plane his attacking is piloted by no other than Spitfire herself.

"Stirb du folish Pony!" he shouted. (I don't need to translate this part cuz ya'll know what did he said.)

Hans is so focused on Spitfire he ignored his tail. Jacob saw this and came over after blowing a Bf-109 into shreds. He locked onto Hans's Messerschmitt and calculated the bullets's LZ. After that, he squeezed the trigger. To fire at an enemy behind a friendly is dangerous, one mistake can take the friendly's life instead of the enemy's.

The goddess of luck is still by Jacob's side.

Hans felt his plane shaking, he's about to turned but couldn't feel his hands anymore. He looked down and was shocked to find that his chest is bleeding; more than five bullet holes were on him. Hans's vision went black as he lost consciousness. After a few burst of rounds, Hans's Messerschmitts erupted into a fireball.

"Oh Thanks celestia Jacob." Spitfire sighed in relief.

"No problem ma'am." Jacob said as he went back to dogfighting.

Finally, after 15 minuets of intense dogfighting, the 30 Bf-109 was only left with 5, they scrambled away, but Jacob and his allies ain't letting them go that easily. They caught up and finished the Messerschmitts off.

After gaining the air supremacy, Jacob and his squadron were ready to give air support for their friends on the ground.

(~)

Applejack's tank platoon is pushing forward, the 40mm gun is firing none-stop, the Pz.IIIs and the 38ts were slowly getting beat down one by one. Finally, the last Pz.III took a hit from Applejack's Cruiser IV and was blown inside-out. Suddenly, familiar screaming were heard coming from the sky. Stukas? Gallus thought, no, Jacob got them all, wait a second...

KA-BOOM!!!

"ARTILLERY BARRAGE!!! TAKE COVER!!!" Gallus shouted as he pushed his fellow solders into the trenches.

Too late. The soldiers can get into the trenches, but not tanks. A Cruiser IV was hit from the top by a screaming round. The deadly round ripped through the thin sheet of armor which blew the turret into bits, but this isn't over yet. The round continued to pierce until it ignited the fuel tank. The second explosion came in and completely tore the tank into scarps flying in every direction.

"F**K 88s! Fall back!" Applejack shouted as her tank begin to reverse, same for the others. A round came in and landed right next to her tank. BOOOOM!!! The last thing Applejack saw is her flying in the air and landed hard onto ground, her tank's turret is gone, so are the crew. She passed out.

The artilleries were raining hard, more and more tanks were getting busted, some even landed in the trenches, bodies and parts scattered everywhere.

"Silverstream?" Gallus suddenly realized his special somegriff isn't in the trench, he looked over the trench and saw her lying few yards from the trench, unconscious.

"SHIT!!!! I'M GOING FOR HER!" he leaped out of the trench and ran towards the hippogriff while bending his back, avoiding the shards. Luckily, Silverstream has no wounds, probably hit by the shockwave and passed out. He was about to pull toward the trench before he spotted a certain unconscious orange mare. He lunged towards Applejack, pulling both unconscious pony and hippogriff towards the trench. It's a challenge, because due to the flying shards and rounds coming in, you have to stay low while running, not to mention you're carrying two pony/hippogriff on your back.

Fortunately, they made it back safety.

Yona immediately started her work as a combat medic, bandaging Applejack. She took a hit by a shard in her back hoof, but everything else is fine. No critical wounds.

After what had been like years of raining rounds, the barrage is finally over. UK bombers flew overhead, later, bomb screams and distant explosions were heard. Gallus let out a sigh of relief.

Four hours later, an exciting news came in: "After a series of bombing raids on the German sites, we destroyed half of the German military vehicles and men. The main unit stormed their camps and captured more than 12,000 POWs, the rest were executed. We managed to captured the high rank officers and cornered them. After an hour of fighting back, they ran out of ammunition and surrendered. We continued to advance until we captured and defeated the rest of their army. They too, surrendered. The victory... IS OURS!"

Finally, this battle between humans and ponies were over, completely.