• Published 31st Jul 2020
  • 488 Views, 54 Comments

Honey Bunny Sunny - Nosey Flame



With new students at the school, see how the new six deal with life, Adventure and romance problems.

  • ...
5
 54
 488

Chapter 10: Did it work?

With the rest of the new six, Garble, Gloria, Melody and Fern were walking through the Everfree forest towards the castle of the two sisters. They were chatting about how school was, the winter ball and how Melody was enjoying having friends for the first time.

Anytime Gloria would talk to Garble, he would try so hard not to blush in front of her but after she turned away, Garble would blush even redder than his scales.

Melody and Fern were talking about random stuff like what's your favorite food, your favorite color. Stuff like that.

They were in the middle of talking when they bumped into Gloria and Garble.

"Why did you stop?" Melody asked.

"You see for yourself." Garble said as he went to the side of the path for Melody and Fern to see.

"Why is there a fork in the road? Now which way are we supposed to go?" Melody complained.

"I don't know? I thought this road was to be straight forward." Garble said.

Just then, something emerged from the left side of fork. It had the outline of a pony and it looked like it was carrying something. The four creatures were scared to death. Gloria hid behind Garble to which Garble kinda took well to him protecting a 'damsel in distress', as ponies called them. Fern and Melody were holding each other, shaking, their teeth chattering in fear.

Garble decided to take one for the team and he stepped forward.

"BACK OFF, BEAST! I'M A FIRE BREATHING DRAGON AND I KNOW HOW TO USE MY FIRE VERY WELL!!" He too was shaking from fear but tried very hard to hide it but failed miserably.

"Oh hello." The 'beast' said in a calm voice. Just then, he came out of the shadows. It was a zebra. It kinda looked like Zecora but it was a male and had emerald green eyes.

"Huh?" The four creatures looked at each other, eyebrows raised in confusion.

"I said, hello." The zebra said as he waved to the creatures with a gleeful smile on his muzzle.

"My name is Zechariah. And as you can tell from the stripes, I am a zebra." Zechariah said as he looked at each and every one of them to see that they were not ponies but a griffon, a kirin, a dragon and of course, a pony.

"Such fascinating creatures you three are." He said pointing a hoof at Gloria, Garble and Fern Flare. "Tell me, what are your names?"

"I'm Garble." The dragon said, pointing a thumb to himself as he grinned pridefully.

"I'm Gloria." The griffon said smiling at the zebra.

"I'm Fern Flare." The kirin said as she rocked back and forth on her hooves with a smile on her face.

"And I'm Melody." The only pony in the group said with a smile that ended up showing all twenty eight of his teeth.

But as soon as Melody said his name, the four took notice that the only two creatures in their group who were dating were not there.

"Um guys, where are Gemluck and Honey Suckle?" Melody asked.

"Must have chickened out." Garble said snickering at how his best friend was a scaredy cat.

"Maybe but it's not like Honey to chicken out on an adventure." Gloria said a Fern nodded her head in agreement.

"Maybe they teleported?" Melody brought up the situation.

"That's it." Fern said. "They did teleport. I knew I felt a powerful burst of magic but I just thought it was the magic from the Everfree as the magic in here tends to go haywire."

"Huh." Garble muttered as he struck his chin. 'Maybe Gem isn't a chicken after all. Still gonna make fun of him though.' Garble thought while snickering.

"Hey Fern, do you think your magic is strong enough to cast a tracking spell?" Gloria suggested.

"Yeah it is. I can cast one to track Gem and Honey. G, your a genius!" Fern exclaimed before she cast the spell. Soon her horn started to glow a cyan colour as arrows of the same colour pointed to the right side of the fork.

"Follow the arrows." Gloria said as she started flying towards the right side, Garble following closely behind as Melody followed.

"Wanna come?" Fern asked Zechariah.

"Sure." Zechariah agreed as he followed the kirin behind.


"Are you sure this is gonna work?" Gemluck asked his mare friend.

"Are you questioning my knowledge?" Honey answered the question with a question while glaring at her coltfriend.

"Yeah, actually." Gem answered fearlessly. He clearly didn't see the death glare that Honey was giving him. That lasted until Honey started laughing which became contagious as Gemluck started to laugh as well. They didn't know why they were laughing but as long as both of them were together, they would be happy. They hoped to bring the same kind of happiness to their best friends.

"So when do you think they'll get here?" Gemluck asked as the laughter died down.

"To my calculations, I assume that they just realized that we were missing and got Fern to cast a tracking spell." Honey answered.

"That's my Honey, smart as always." Gemluck said as he moved close to Honey's face and gave her a peck on the lips which of course took Honey by surprise.

"Heh heh." Honey giggled nervously as a deep pink blush spread across her face which made Gemluck chuckle.

"Awwwww, is my Honey-bun flustered?" Gemluck taunted and teased.

"Don't push it." Honey warned.

"Okay okay. But it's funny." Gemluck whined. But before Gemluck could say anything else, Honey planted a big wet kiss on him which made him freeze in his position not moving a muscle but as a deep red blush covered his whole face.

"Not so funny when you get flustered, is it?" Honey giggled as she stuck her tongue out at her coltfriend.

"Ah bab ba wa bab." That was all Gemluck managed to voice out.

Honey's giggles then turned to thunderous laughs as she rolled on the ground of the Crystal treehouse.

Gemluck noticed this and decided to get revenge. A mischievous smirk formed on his face as he crept up to Honey and started tickling her.

"AHAHAHA... PLEASE STOP! AHAHAHAHAHAHA... PLEASE GEMMY!!... STOP...STOP!!" Honey tried to reason with him but unfortunately he wouldn't stop.

After a while of thunderous laughing, they heard hoofbeets as if somepony or creature was galloping. As Gem stood up to go check who it is, Honey tried but her aching sides wouldn't let her. Being the good coltfriend he was, he helped Honey onto his back. Gem then started trotting headed for the door, the unicorn mare friend on his back.


"There're the castle ruins!" Gloria shouted to the others who were behind. Her pace increased until she reached a rope bridge. She suddenly stopped as the others also stopped but in confusion.

"What is with all the stopping!" Melody complained.

"Um, there's a rope bridge." Gloria simply answered.

"So, is it unstable or something?" Garble asked.

"That's what I wanna test out." Gloria added as she picked up a pebble and threw it on the bridge. The bridge seemed to sway a little from the added weight but was otherwise stable.

"It's stable, just don't put a lot of weight. Meaning that Garble and I will go on ahead with some creature we are carrying. I'll take Fern." Gloria stated as she picked up the kirin.

"I'll take Mel." Garble said.

"Zechariah, will you be okay with walking on the bridge?" Gloria asked the zebra in question.

"Um, sure." Zechariah said hesitantly.

"Good. Meet you at the other side." Garble said as he started flying with Melody in his grip.

Zechariah was unsure but otherwise took the first step. After a few steps, he was confident enough to walk across the bridge without shaking.

The four creatures were waiting for the zebra with batted breath as something appeared in the fog surrounding the bridge.

"AAAAHHHH!" The four screamed hugging each other with their dear lives.

"Hang on. It's just me." Zechariah voiced out.

"You have a habit of lurking in the shadows. And it is creepy." Garble said while shivering.

"Sorry for scaring you." Zechariah apologized. The four willing forgave him.

"Okay from here, it's pretty straight forward." Garble said. "All we have to do is go down those creepy stairs."

All of them shivered at how creepy the stairs were but still went.


"There almost here." Gemluck told Honey.

"Okay. Hope this plan works for Gloria and Garble." Honey whispered to herself.


"There's the treehouse." Garble pointed at the Crystal tree with pink leaves. It was a majestic treehouse.

It had stairs on the side which led inside. At the top of the tree, there was an observatory.

The five of the creatures present looked at the tree in awe.

"Wow. It's beautiful." Fern said.

"Uh huh." Melody voiced out in agreement as he nodded.

"I guess we should just go in." Garble said as he took a step forward towards the tree. When he got close enough, he placed his claws on the door and gently pushed it open.

"Wow." All of them said in awe as they looked at it.

Author's Note:

Yay! Finally, this chapter is over. Also this is a milestone. Double digits.

Hope you like the chapter.
Also, Happy New Year (even though it's already February.)