• Published 7th Jul 2020
  • 1,253 Views, 44 Comments

Digital Dustin (redone) - Prince Dustin Hogan

  • ...
9
 44
 1,253

Short 5: Deal or no deal

“Talking”
YELLING
Thinking
Telepathic link
Songs
Flashback
"Transformation Index


Deal or no Deal


Out in front of Applejack's barn-like house, there was a garage sale taking place with a few people looking at different items for sale, with Granny Smith sitting at a table with an open cash box. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity, along with Dustin and Pixel were all gathered around her, with stern looks on their faces.

"Okay Granny, one more time," Applejack began as she shut the cash box after someone had paid for something, "When you accidentally sold my bass at the garage sale, who did ya sell it to?" she asked as Granny Smith tried to recollect what had happened, stammering a little.

"I sold it to the owners of that new pawn shop!" she answered after realizing, "Uh, Flibbity-Flabbity, somethin' like that," she added.

“Then we better help AJ get her bass back before it gets pawned off to someone else." Dustin said, making the others nod.

"C'mon y'all!" she shouted as she raced out onto the sidewalk. The others followed quickly in pursuit, eager as Applejack was to get the bass back.

Later

The group found themselves entering the new pawnshop with a ringing of a bell after they entered. They all looked around to see multiple items up on shelves, in display cases, or just lying around on the floor.

"Welcome to the grand opening of the Flim-Flam Brothers' Everything-Under-the-Sun Emporium!" a voice exclaimed as the whole group turned to see two men wearing blue and white striped shirts with black bowties, white pants, white and blue shoes, and similar hairstyles of shiny red hair. One of them had a moustache and a pin on his shirt shaped like an apple slice, while the other had a pin that resembled an apple missing a slice.

"If you want it-" Flam began.

"-we've got it!" they said together as Flam caught Flim in his arms as he jumped into them.

"Need a pogo stick?" Flim said, bouncing on one.

"A bowling ball?" Flam said, holding one.

"A stuffed clown?" Flim asked, holding a clown doll.

"Whatever this is?" Flam asked, holding a strange-looking object like a dish bowl with lights all over it, attached to a microscope.

"Ah'd like that bass," Applejack said, gesturing over to the bass that was on a stand in the corner, with the glow of a disco ball shining upon it. The bass had a bright brown outer edge, and a darker body with the long, black neck.

"I can give you this base for a non-negotiable price of one thousand dollars," Flim said as he brought the bass over, holding it in his hands.

“Highway robbery!” Dustin said with a fake cough.

"Why you only paid Granny Smith two dollars for it!" Rarity argued with two fingers up, while Applejack had a fearful look on her face.

"Yes, well," Flim began as he handed the bass off to his brother, "we have to cover our overhead and transportation costs."

"Seriously?" Pixel said as she crossed her arms impatiently.

"Look," Applejack began, "Granny should've never sold my bass," she said, "Ah'll give ya the two dollars back and we'll call it even," she said, holding two dollars in her hand as the other girls agreed.

"Likely story!" they both argued.

"It is!" Applejack replied, with her friends glaring angrily at the brothers, "That's my bass!"

"And can you prove that this is, in fact, your bass?" Flim asked as he took the bass back from Flam.

"Her damn initials are on the strap!" Dustin noted with little patience on the strap, as the brothers both looked at the strap to see the letters A.J. stitched upon the leather.

"That could mean anything!" Flam stammered, "It could stand for…"

"…Aardvark Junior!" Flim finished.

"Anvil Jokers!" Flam added.

"Or Animal Jane," Flim added.

"Why, I bet you don't even play the bass, Applejack!" Flam continued, "If that is your real name…" he said, close to her face.

“You mother…that’s it! RD, hold my jacket cause I’m fixin’ ta start knockin’ heads!” Dustin growled in anger as he handed Rainbow his jacket, but Pixel held him back.

“Whoa! Hold up, tiger!” Pixel said, trying to calm Dustin down.

"Well, for the record, she DOES play the bass!" Pinkie screamed while rocking wildly on a rocking horse in the corner of the store.

Suddenly, Applejack grabbed the bass out of Flim's hands, putting the strap around her as she began to strum on the bass, moving her fingers along the neck up against the guitar strings. The girls watched excitedly as Flim and Flam were very surprised by Applejack's skillful playing. With one final riff, a burst of energy enveloped Applejack as it blew by the brothers, messing up their hairdos as the energy vanished to reveal that she had transformed, with her ears growing out, and her hair also growing a ponytail as well. Her bass had changed too, with the design on the body becoming an apple beside musical notes, and the neck had apples evenly aligned upon it. The girls all cheered as the ringing of the doorbell ceased from the energy wave.

"Perhaps this really is her bass…" Flim admitted as Applejack showed them the two dollars she had offered earlier. "But there's still the transportation costs and overhead!" he said as he and his brother fixed their hairdos.

"Don't forget the stocking fees!" Flam added.

"Wouldn't dream of it brother!" Flim replied, putting his arm around him. Applejack sighed as there was no easy way to convince the two.

Dustin then had a grin on his face. “I think I have something to cover all of that. I’ll be right back.”

“I better go with him.” Pixel said before she ran out, and she saw Dustin fiddle with the Digitrix.

“What are you doing?” Pixel asked.

“Just watch.” Dustin said before tapping the screen, enveloping him in a blue flash of light. What Dustin transformed into was a crystalline humanoid.

RAINBOW ROCKS!” Dustin called out in a deep voice with a metallic echo in it.


(Transformation Index)

Name: Rainbow Rocks

Species: Crystallosian

Rainbow Rocks may seem pretty to look at, but he is no diamond in the rough. Capable of both absorbing and redirecting energy, as well as control and generate crystals, possessing near indestructibility, this walking crystal can both kick ass and bedazzle the crowd. What’s most known about this crystalline brawler is he possesses a whole flock of alternate forms he can change into depending on the energy her absorbs.


“How is this going to help AJ get her bass back?” Pixel asked, but Dustin knelt, grabbed some dirt in his hand before squeezing it, his hand glowed a faint rainbow color for a brief moment before fading. He then opened his hand to reveal a pure diamond.

“Whoa.” Pixel said in total amazement.

“Cool right?” Dustin said before turning back to normal.

“And now hopefully this plan works.” Dustin said before he and Pixel walked back in.

“That was quick.” Applejack said when she noticed the diamond in Dustin’s hand. “Where the hay did ya get that?!”

“Something I had for a while.” Dustin said before displaying the gemstone to the two. “If there is no negotiable price, then perhaps we could settle for a trade? This glimmering beauty for AJ’s bass.” Dustin said, Flim grabbed it and examined it.

“No way that’s a real diamond.” Flam said in shock, but what Flim was about to say shocked him even more.

“Actually, it’s authentic.” Flim said, shocking everyone, minus Dustin even further.

“With a beauty like that, I’m certain you’ll make about millions, assuming if we have a deal that is.” Dustin said with a raised brow.

“Deal!” Both men said in unison, handing AJ the bass.

“Pleasure doing business with you, gentlemen.” Dustin said as he and the others walked out.

“Dude. Seriously, where did you even get that?” Rainbow Dash asked, making Dustin smile.

“I’ll show ya.” Dustin said before turning back into Rainbow rocks, shocking the girls. “Meet Rainbow Rocks.”

“Oooh. Pretty.” Pinkie said in amazement.

“As for where that diamond came from…” Dustin said before he grabbed some dirt, tightened his grip, making his hand glow the same rainbow glow for a moment before unfolding his hand, revealing another diamond-shaped diamond in his hands.

“No way!” Applejack said in both shock and amazement.

“Is there nothing you can’t do?” Rainbow asked with amazement as Dustin changed back to normal. The Digitrix beeped again.

“New transformation added to playlist.” The Digitrix said, making Dustin groan a bit.

“Seriously? Hopefully this doesn’t become a new thing. Well, let’s see what it is, this time.” Dustin said as he and the others looked to the Digitrix screen, revealing the Transformation looked almost like Applejack.

When Dustin saw this, his face was as red as a tomato. “What the…why the hell…” Dustin stammered with eyes wide as dinner plates.

“Uh…I have no words.” Pixel said, as shocked as the others. Pinkie and Rainbow however, were laughing at this reveal.

"Bwahahaha! Oh dear God!" Rainbow Dash said while laughing.

"I can imagine how many guys are gonna eye hump you as that one!" Pinkie laughed like a hyena, making Dustin blush even redder.