• Published 7th Jul 2020
  • 1,253 Views, 44 Comments

Digital Dustin (redone) - Prince Dustin Hogan

  • ...
9
 44
 1,253

Short 4: Rarity's 5th Symphony

“Talking”
YELLING
Thinking
Telepathic link
Songs
Flashback
"Transformation Index


Rarity’s 5th Symphony


As the sun shone down on the Canterlot High school grounds, Rarity was having no fun as she struggled to push a grand piano across the sidewalk, which had skid marks left all over from it. Rarity panted and grunted as she continued to shove the piano slowly towards the building. Her hair was all messy, and she was sweating madly as she continued to push.

"Come on Rarity!" she said to herself, stopping her effort for a moment, "You simply must get this piano to band practice!" She then went back to shoving, merely to find that she could only move the piano so far, only inches at a time. "What kind of person doesn't put a piano on wheels?!" she asked herself, falling down after she continued to struggle, "Oh… Just look at me," she moaned, dusting herself off, "I'm a mess…" She then began to look around, hoping to find some way to get the piano in the school, "What I need is bit more muscle!" she realized, noticing three large, dark gray-skinned boys just outside the school, digging around in the grass, apparently collecting colored rocks.



"Oh boys!" Rarity called out. The boys looked up from their digging to see Rarity fixing her hair as she leaned on the piano, giving off an alluring presence. They smiled widely, with the pupils in their eyes shining like diamonds.

"I simply cannot thank you enough," Rarity said as the boys: Rover, Fido, and Spot were carrying her upon the grand piano through the school hallways, struggling with its weight. "And while I am a bit repulsed by your musky smell," she began, "I can appreciate that you're all diamonds in the rough," she complimented, making the boys smile. They suddenly halted as a huge crowd of students lay in front of them, untimely gathered. The boys didn't care as they all charged through with Rarity on the piano, bashing, shoving, and hitting students out of the way. "Excuse me! Pardon me! Excuse me! Thank you!" Rarity said apologetically as students were sent flying while the boys kept on charging through.


Meanwhile


Dustin, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy were all in the band room.

"Ugh!" Rainbow moaned, turning around, "Where is Rarity?!" she asked in frustration.

“I’m sure she’s on her way, just be patient.” Dustin said to Rainbow Dash.

"That gal probably wants to make some sort of grand entrance…" Applejack replied with her elbows upon her bass guitar.

"Well… wanna see something cool?” Dustin asked the girls.

“Better than nothing I guess.” Rainbow shrugged as Dustin began to dial up his Digitrix before turning into what looks like a cybernetic Albert Einstein.

EINSTRIKE!” Dustin shouted in a cybernetic voice, complete with a German accent.


(Transformation Index)

Name: Einstrike

Species: Cerebroid

Bio: With an insanely high IQ and the ability to generate electrical bolts measuring up to 15,000 volts, face against Einstrike and you’re in for a shock, both literally and metaphorically. His IQ is measured up to 10^30, Einstrike can solve very difficult calculations mentally in roughly seconds and knows and can visualize equations and movement of objects as if they're actually there. He can even determine mechanical values and physical properties by simply looking at them.


“Wowee!” Pinkie said in amazement.

“What can this guy do?” Rainbow asked, but Dustin then brought out his MP3 player and a cord before plugging it into the device, then attached the other end to an outlet on his midsection. As soon as he his play, the Tesla coils on his back began to produce musical tones by modulating their spark output. And the song he chose to play was Megalovania from Undertale

When the girls saw this, they were amazed by what they were seeing.

“Singing Tesla coils. Quite a “shocking” revelation, eh.” Dustin said, chuckling at his own pun, but the others, aside from Pinkie, groaned at that.

“Shocking? Really?” Rainbow asked with a deadpan look.

“Aw, come on. That’s my best material!” Dustin said as he paused the MP3 player before unplugging it, turning it off and changing back to normal.

"So, ya’ll got a band yet?.” Applejack asked Dustin.

“Well, so far, I got Allister and Sunset joining up.” Dustin said, shocking the girls.

“Wait. Why is Allister joining your band?” Rainbow asked.

“Oh trust me. He plays a mean set of drums. And as for Sunset, don’t get me started on her riffing skills.” Dustin said with a grin.

“Well, I’m actually glad you and Sunset have started getting along.” Fluttershy said with a sweet sile.

“Yeah, despite all she’s done, she clearly doesn’t deserve all the hate she’s getting.” Dustin said feeling sorry for Sunset.

“Ugh dude? Have you forgotten she sided with a mad scientist, turned into a she devil, and nearly tried to kill us?” Rainbow asked, but got elbowed in the side by Applejack.

“Yes, I haven’t forgotten about that, but she was in a dark place.” Dustin said defending Sunset.

Suddenly the doors to the room burst open, with Rarity upon the piano as Rover, Spot, and Fido had shoved it in.

"TA-DAAAAAHH!" she exclaimed with her arms outstretched, and with a big smile.

"Told ya," Applejack stated bluntly.

"Rarity," Rainbow began as she trotted over to her as she leapt off the piano, dusting herself off, "couldn't you have chosen a more portable instrument?" she asked.

"Heavens no," she replied, "The grand piano is the most refined and elegant of instruments," she argued, pushing down on a few keys, "With it, I will be to express my full musicality!" she said, readying her fingers.

“Me personally, I’d prefer a pipe organ than a piano.” Dustin said when suddenly, a loud ringing echoed the room, halting Rarity from playing the piano. She turned to see that it was a timer that Pinkie had, which she stopped and then stuffed into her hair.

"Well, our time's up," Rainbow said, "I guess we'll have to move our practice to the gym."

"Guess you're gonna express your 'full musicality' clear across campus," Applejack said bluntly with her arm around Rarity.

"Huh?! Aww…" she moaned, very upset.

"Or, you could play this!" Pinkie said, appearing out of nowhere to sit on the piano, holding a silver coated keytar in her hands, "It's part guitar, part keyboard!" she explained, "It's a guitar-key!"

"You mean, a 'keytar'…" Rainbow corrected.

"Po-tay-to, To-mah-to…" Pinkie quipped as Rarity took the keytar from her hands. She then began to play a few notes, becoming more and more fascinated with the instrument upon each note she played.

“I suppose it’s easier to tote around than a piano.” Dustin said with a nod.

"Ooh! Ooh! Oh my!" she exclaimed as she began to rock out, playing at a fever pace, getting everyone's attention as she continued her excellent playing. As she then hit the top note of the keytar, an aura enveloped her, growing out her ears, and creating a lovely, spiraling ponytail for her luscious hair.

"Cool!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"Well look at that…" Applejack said amazed as Rarity slid on top of the grand piano as she played across the entire keytar one last time, surprising the Diamond Dog boys.

"Wowee!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Oh my goodness!" Fluttershy said in surprise.

“New transformation added to playlist.” The Digitrix said with a beep.

“Why am I not surprised. Let’s see what we got this time.” Dustin said as he looked to the screen of the Digitrix that displayed the image of said new transformation.


“Well, I’d like to see too, darling.” Rarity said as she and the others wanted to see the new form. It looked somewhat like a cross between Rarity and Lusamine from Pokémon Sun and Moon.

“Oh my…How stunning!” Rarity said in admiration, “And my magic made such a beauty?”

“Although it is yet another female transformation.” Dustin said with a groan.

"Well then," Applejack began, "how 'bout you take that keytar and move your tail to our next rehearsal space?" she asked.

"Fine, fine," Rarity replied, "I don't suppose…?" she began to ask, but the Diamond Dog boys immediately understood, grinning and nodding eagerly. They then lifted up the piano, much to the perplexed looks of the other girls and carried Rarity out of the room as she played her new keytar one last time before she exited.

“You know I could use Prim-8 to carry that thing for ya, right?” Dustin asked Rarity with a raised eyebrow.