• Published 12th Jul 2020
  • 5,517 Views, 97 Comments

Flurry Heart's Story: Cheesy as Pie - AleximusPrime



Flurry Heart and the Cake Twins help Cheese Sandwich get ready to propose to Pinkie Pie, but he starts to wonder if he can even do it right.

  • ...
7
 97
 5,517

Chapter 2

“Pinkie, I’m so happy you and Cheese are here!” Flurry squealed as she continued to hug the plump, pink pony.

“As soon as I heard you were coming to Ponyville, we had to visit!” Pinkie replied. “I couldn’t possibly miss a chance to hang out with my little Matching-Bow Mare!”

“Cheese! I haven’t seen you in a while!” Flurry said as she went over to hug Cheese.

“Haha! I know, right?! We’re only sorry we couldn’t have been here to see the battle the other night with that changeling! Must’ve been one heck of a fight!” Cheese replied, setting her down gently.

“Spike, did you know they were coming?” Flurry asked Spike.

“Sure did!” he replied. “I’ve been holding it in too long now, but here we all are!”

“Spiiiike! Long time no see!” Pinkie said as she leapt off the stage and tackled Spike to the ground.

“Pinkie, great to see…WHOA! AAAGH!!”

“C’mere big guy! I’m gonna getcha!”

Pinkie began tickling him as he flailed his legs around and laughed uncontrollably. She then jumped on top of his large belly, pressed against it with her lips and blew as hard as she could. Spike laughed even harder and tried pushing her off.

“NOOOO!! AHAHAHAHA!!”

Pound and Pumpkin rolled on the floor laughing at the sight until they finally recollected themselves. Cheese and a rather giggly Flurry jumped down from the stage and everyone joined up on the floor.

“Alright, alright, ya got me! Hehe…heh.” Spike said as he tried his best to stop laughing while standing back up.

“I’m so super happy we’re all here!” Pinkie exclaimed. “Twilight sent me and Cheese a letter saying Flurry was coming for the summer, and I absolutely HAD to make this trip! And it’s even better now to know you’re staying the whole summer! Why, I’m so excited, I haven’t been this excited before! Well I mean there was that one time when I first met Twilight: she was all like ‘Um…hello?’ and then I realized she was new and hadn’t made any friends yet, so then I was like HUUUUUUUUUUUUU…”

Pinkie threw her head back and took a long gasp to reenact the moment she met Twilight in Ponyville over a decade ago. She gasped so hard, her entire body began to lose its chubbiness and she slowly reverted back to her thinner physical appearance. She finally stopped gasping and quickly inflated like a balloon back into her plump self. Cheese giggled and rolled his eyes at his silly girlfriend as she continued blabbering on.

“And then I got everyone I knew in Ponyville to help make a welcome party for her! Oh my gosh, it was soooo weird seeing Twilight be all reclusive back then, but we made friends with her quickly after we beat Nightmare Moon! I know this is kinda off-topic, but hey, if it weren’t for that moment, we probably wouldn’t all be here like this now! SUCH MEMORIES!!”

Flurry, Pound, Pumpkin and Spike snickered at Pinkie’s antics and could not stop smiling.

“That’s our number-one babysitter, eh bro?” Pumpkin said, hugging Pinkie.

“You said it, sis!” Pound replied as he and everyone else joined in one big group-hug.



Later in the dining area of Sugarcube Corner, the six of them all joined each other for milkshakes at a large round table.
“Pinkie and I have done parties in several different cities in Equestria so far this year. We’ve already hit Las Pegasus, Fillydelphia and Manehattan. We’re trying to get up to Vanhoover at some point.” Cheese explained to the kids.

“Don’t forget our rock-fest we did for Maud’s birthday earlier just outside of my family’s rock farm, Cheesie!” Pinkie added.

“We had such a blast! Maud was so happy!”

“Are you guys gonna stick around in Ponyville for the whole summer this year?” Pound asked.

“Well we’ve definitely wanted to take a bit of a break and especially spend some time with Flurry.” Cheese continued as he put his arm around Pinkie. “I don’t know about you, sweetie pie, but I could really use some vacation time in the quaint little town I first met you in.”

“When you put it that way, I wanna do the same! Anything for my Cheesy Weezy!” she said to him as they both began rubbing their noses together and giggling flirtatiously.

Flurry smiled as she saw Pinkie and Cheese being sweet on each other. She felt so happy that they were in such a good relationship. Pumpkin giggled to herself as she watched them while Pound just smiled, smugly. Flurry noticed that Spike was looking at the clock and then seemed to signal to Mr. Cake who was peaking his head out of the kitchen door. Spike walked over quietly to speak with him. They were whispering so Flurry could not hear, but she wondered what they were talking about.

“Well those were some tasty shakes, Pinkie!” Pumpkin said after she slurped up the last of her milkshake.

“So what’s on the agenda for the rest of the day?” Pound asked.

“Well, Pinkie and Spike were going to go meet Maud in town for a little rock fair they’ve got going on down there.” said Cheese. “I was thinking you kids and I could stay here to catch up and also help me brainstorm for my next performance…if that’s all right with you, Pinkie?”

“Aw, no probsy, Cheesie!” Pinkie replied. “The fair’s going on throughout the week, so you guys can come by later if you want. I really need to catch up with Maud. It’s been so long since we last talked. Oh and when we’re done, I’ll bring her over here and she can join in the fun and we can all make some rock candy necklaces and play some games and stuff!”

“WOOOO! Yay for Maud! We gotta see her again!” Pumpkin said, hopping around on the floor.

“Hey, Pinkie, you ready to go to the fair now?” Spike said, walking over to her.

“Sure am, Spike! Cheese, you gonna be good over here with Flurry and the Cakes?”

“Sure as sugar am!” Cheese said, hugging her one last time before she took off.

“Okey dokey lokey! Let’s bounce, Spike!”

Spike held the front door open for her and she hopped out while humming. He looked at Pinkie and then back at Cheese. He smiled nervously and gave thumbs up to him as Cheese nodded his head up and down.

“Give us about three hours, got it?” Cheese whispered.

“Got it.” Spike whispered back.

Spike closed the door and Cheese crept over to the window to watch them both leave. Flurry, Pound and Pumpkin looked curiously at him, wondering what was wrong.

“Cheese, you okay?” asked Pound.

“Oh I’m fine, just…really nervous.” Cheese replied with some tension in his voice.

“What’s the matter?” Flurry asked as the three of them gathered around him.

“Well, there’s a reason I really needed Pinkie out of the house for the next few hours.”

Cheese motioned for them to move in closer and he began to whisper in their ear.

“I’m…I’m actually gonna try and propose to her later tonight.”

Flurry, Pound, and Pumpkin all gasped loudly and froze for a second. Pound covered his mouth with both hooves as Pumpkin screamed in delight and zoomed around in circles at blinding speeds. Flurry just stood there with her eyes huge and her smile reaching from ear to ear.

“OH MY GOSH!” Flurry cried. “CHEESE, I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!!”

“AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH!!! HE’S GONNA PROPOSE! CHEESE IS GONNA PROPOSE TO PINKIE!!”

“SSSHHHH!! Pump, let’s not give him away!” Pound said, stopping his sister in her tracks by placing his hoof firmly into her mouth.

“Don’t worry. Your parents both know.” Cheese replied. “I just wanna keep it as secret as possible. I was wondering if you kids wanted to help me figure out how I’m gonna do it. Pinkie and I brought along our stage and a bunch of other fun equipment to do that surprise for you, Flurry, but I also brought it cuz I wanted to try making some big presentation right as I propose to her.”

“Aw! We’d love to help you out with that, Cheese!” Flurry said, delightfully.

“YES YES YES!!! Count us all in!” Pumpkin said as she jumped in right next to Flurry. She then stretched her arm out to pull Pound in right next to her and used her other arm to pull Flurry in closer.

“And we’ll do what we can to help out as well, Cheese.” said Mrs. Cake as she came in with her husband. “Believe me, we’re just as happy to hear our favorite employee is going to finally be married!”

“Glad you’ve all got my back.” Cheese said, gratefully. “I just hope Spike can keep her distracted long enough out there. I’d hate for her to come back when I’m not ready yet.”

Just then, the door burst open and Pinkie appeared. Cheese jumped in the air and his mane and tail stood on end for a brief moment as he looked horrified.

“Oopsie doopsie loopsie! Forgot my shake!” Pinkie said as she hopped back in to pick up her milkshake from the table.

Everyone stood frozen in place with shocked looks on their faces. Spike was in the doorway looking really nervous, but thankfully Pinkie didn’t appear to know what was going on. She grabbed the milkshake with her prehensile bangs, and kissed Cheese on her way out. Cheese blushed and watched nervously as she exited. Spike exhaled deeply and wiped the sweat from his forehead.

“Don’t worry, I'll keep her distracted.” he quietly told Cheese as he finally left them all to their business.

Everyone walked over to the window to watch Spike and Pinkie until they finally disappeared behind a building in the distance. Cheese slid down the wall and exhaled in relief.

“Phew! That was close.” he said.