• Published 26th May 2020
  • 252 Views, 2 Comments

Side effects of a good idea - BeautifulHorse



Short little snippets of ideas which never quite grew enough to be on their own.

  • ...
 2
 252

The Unexpected and Oddly Adventurous Rarity

[Drama] [Slice of Life] - [Rarity]

Rarity had creative block.

No matter how much she tried, she simply couldn't think of anything new for her designs! And there was only so much that looking through her previous successes could do. Trotting to her kitchen and getting the kettle going, she picked up a teacup with her magic and got out a teabag and 7 sugar lumps. Perhaps tea would cheer her.

One extremely sugary tea and seemingly endless fretting/boredom/frustration later, Rarity concluded she would go to Twilight on the matter. The purple alicorn was extremely well-read and was sure to know some sort of cure to this debilitating creativity blocking condition.


Princess Twilight was talking to her friends Rainbow Dash and A.K. Yearling when Rarity burst in and cried "Twilight! I am in DESPERATE need of your help!" And seemingly fainted on a conveniently placed, elegant looking lounge.

Twilight ran up to her friend's side and checked for a pulse. Having found one, she placed a hoof on Rarity's forehead and then looked her over for any injuries before realizing that this must simply be a dramatic outburst for a non-life-threatening problem.

As Rarity's eyes fluttered open in a graceful way (typical of a well-practiced fainting fashionista) Twilight spoke up.

"What in the wide realm of Equestria is wrong enough for you to come in and collapse over?"

"I am suffering from a complete block of all inspiration. Help me Twilight, if I don't come up with something for the spring line before the winter I will simply never be ready in time! What is causing this dreadful affliction?"

A.K. chuckled from where she and Rainbow Dash were watching on, and then cleared her throat. "I believe you would be suffering from creative block. A condition not unlike writer's block. One could even call the two the same thing, but I never will."

Rarity gave an exaggerated moan.

"How can I be freed of such a dreadful malady?"

A.K. thought for a moment. "Well, an adventure always clears out the cobwebs whenever I am having a bad writing day-"

"THAT'S IT!" Rarity declared. "I shall have an adventure. Adventure it shall be! I shall be cured of this malaise!"