• Published 26th May 2020
  • 249 Views, 2 Comments

Side effects of a good idea - BeautifulHorse



Short little snippets of ideas which never quite grew enough to be on their own.

  • ...
 2
 249

Move to Music

[Slice of Life] - [Sweetie Belle]

Sweetie Belle looked at her headphones, and then looked up. She was alone in the boutique, no one would hear her or see her. She slipped the headphones on and pressed 'play' on her MP3 player. The catchy music which she loved so much began playing, and Sweetie slipped the player into a small satchel at her side.

She stepped out into the middle of the mostly empty room in time with the music, bobbing her head. She began singing along with the music, making up all sorts of improvised dance moves and just acting out the emotions that the music inspired in her.

At one point, the emotions just swept her away and she crossed her forehooves over her chest, spinning on a rear hoof as she sang. Occasionally, a word or two would inspire a small tear. Several songs passed as Sweetie just let emotion be her guide, imagining that the world was perfect and all she had to do was follow her heart, sing and dance.

The music paused at a gap between songs, and Sweetie heard the door click. Rarity was home! Sweetie quickly scuttled over to where she had left a book yesterday. She flopped onto the floor, opening the book and pretending to read while she nodded her head on to the tunes that made her emotions soar.