• Published 21st Aug 2020
  • 939 Views, 19 Comments

Cyber Sam - Golden Flare



The parents of Samuel Southwest have gone missing and his only clues are a strange "D-Watch", some Merchant, and an entirely new world.

  • ...
3
 19
 939

Episode 3: The Big Battle Royale

12 Hours Remaining
Canterlot Boutique
Samuel's POV


We were all walking back into the boutique when Fluttershy spoke up, "I still can't believe we pulled that off."

"I can! We're awesome!" Rainbow added.

"Modesty much, Rainbow?" I asked.

"Enough chatter, everyone," Rarity interrupted, "we need to get ready, and we need to look fabulous!"


Unknown Area
Unknown Location
Godwin's POV


"Pitiful fools. They don't even realize the bigger picture here." I mockingly said.

"Lord Godwin."

Cerberumon appeared before me once again with a few Digimon hidden in the shadows.

"I see you've prepared as per my orders." I took notice.

"Yes, my lord."

"Hmm..." I look a moment to see who was in the shadows, then gasped lightly...and chuckled, "I see...so you're bringing...THEM."

"I recall you said you had a 'gift' for the boy, so I thought a sneak preview would be appropriate."

"Hah, fair enough." I turn back to my screens, "Go then, oversee the assault as temporary commander."

"Yes, master."

Cerberumon and the three other Digimon left the room as I continued to observe my prey.

"Kid...you have NO idea what you've gotten yourself into."

Another screen appeared out of nowhere with the silhouette of another Digimon, //Master.// a distorted voice spoke, masking its identity.

I scowl, "This had better be good."

//The "project" is nearly complete, but we've run out of Digimon data.//

"How far complete?"

//Best guess: 72%.//

"Excellent. Return to the Digital World. FIND more Digimon data."

//Understood.//

"Oh, and..." I stopped him before he hung up, "...keep our 'top scientists' in the dark about you-know-who. I don't want a rebellion on my hands."

//Again, understood, my lord.//

The screen blinked out as the boy and girls were headed for the school building.


Canterlot High School - Front Entrance
Samuel's POV


We exited the limo we rented for the dance and headed inside to enjoy ourselves at the Fall Formal, but Twilight stopped when Flash called her name and approached her. He proceeded to ask Twilight for at least one dance, and Twilight tried to explain that she wasn't trying to say no to Flash, but then said she'd love to dance with him. Flash allowed her in first as he followed.

The party was in full swing; the lights were flashing, everybody was enjoying themselves, and even Flash's band was performing on stage. But...something was missing.

"Anybody seen Sunset Shimmer?!" Twilight called over the loud music.

"Probably too embarrassed to show!" Rainbow answered, "She's GOTTA know you won by a landslide!"

"Maybe..."

I don't think so, I thought as I danced with the girls, I know her type; people like her don't give up that easily, especially without a fight.

The music died down as Principal Celestia took the stage and thanked everyone for their great work on repairing the gym, then proceeded to announce the newest Fall Formal Princess.

"...Twilight Sparkle!" she declared.

Everyone cheered as Twilight went on stage to receive her prize: the magic crown. She began to wave at the crowd, when suddenly...

"Twilight, heeeellp!"

"Spike?!" Twilight said.

I turned and saw the dunderhead duo lugging Spike out of the gym.

"That's it! You're dead, punks! Dead!" I shouted as Twilight and I ran after them with our friends following shortly after.

We all ran through the halls in this little game of cat and mouse, even passed Trixie as she stood at the vending machine, until we ended up outside with Fire Head holding up a sledgehammer near the statue.

"That's close enough!" she ordered, making us stop in our tracks.

"Twilight!" Spike reached out with a paw, but was held back by those idiots.

"Don't hurt him!" Twilight demanded.

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of it. I'm not a monster, Twilight." she glanced at her cronies, "Let him go."

Those morons were confused at first, but set him down as he ran back to Twilight.

"Emerald Blaze!"

Until a GIANT ASS BLACK DOG came out of nowhere and blocked his path with green fire?!

"What the hell?!" I shouted in surprise.

The dog turned to me, "Well, isn't this a surprise? The heir to the Southwest family AND the D-Watch to boot! Master will be very pleased!"

"Who or what are you?! And who's this 'master'?!"

"That would be me."

We all turned to the wall of green flames as they cooled down to reveal a man in a black coat walking towards us.

All of us went on the defensive upon seeing this "master" guy, and who could blame us?

"Who are you, creep-a-zoid?!" Rainbow angrily asked.

"I am Godwin. But personally, I greatly prefer to be called Lord Godwin, though I'm not picky." he answered.

My first instinct was to go for my D-Watch, and that's what I did, which made this Godwin guy chuckle.

"Did you really just reach for your digivice? Foolish boy."

"Digivice?" Twilight wondered.

"Cerberumon!"

"Understood." the black dog said and readied another Emerald Blaze attack towards Spike, making us gasp.

"Hand over the D-Watch, or the mutt is burnt toast."

I growl at him.

Fire Head decided to add her two bits, "While we're on the subject of negotiations; give me the crown and you can go back to Equestria tonight. Or keep it, and never go home!" she readied the hammer at the portal, making Twilight gasp.

"This isn't up for debate." Godwin said, "Choose! The D-Watch, or your friend's little pet?"

I had no choice, I pressed the release toggle on the D-Watch, unlatching it from my arm and tossed it to the bastard.

"Good boy." Godwin waved Cerberumon away so Spike could return to us.

"Tick-tock, Twilight, we haven't got all night, the portal will be closing on its own in less than an hour." Fire Head made perfectly clear, "So. What's your answer?"

Twilight took the crown off her head, looking at it conflictedly, and made her decision.

"No!"

"What?!" Fire Head didn't take kindly to that response, "Equestria, your friends, lost to you forever! Don't you see what I'm about to do to the portal?!"

"Yes, but I've also been able to see what you can do here WITHOUT magic," Twilight began with passion, "Equestria will find a way to survive without my Element of Harmony, this place might not, if I allow it to fall into YOUR hands! So go ahead, destroy the portal! You are NOT getting this crown!"

Begrudgingly, Fire Head relented, "Fine. You win." she dropped the hammer behind her, nearly hitting those idiots in the process.

Twilight was surprised, but let out a sigh of relief.

"Don't pat yourselves on the back just yet."

The girls turned to Godwin, who had just finished attaching the D-Watch to his arm.

"Time to see what this can REALLY do." he pressed the on button, but the D-Watch sparked and fizzled sporadically before forcefully removing itself from his arm and into the Merchant's, who had somehow appeared from nowhere, "What?! HOW?!"

"It's quite simple, really," The Merchant began as he handed the D-Watch back to me, "The D-Watch has a special fail-safe built within it that records the DNA file of the first being who wears it, so anyone who doesn't match that DNA cannot properly use it."

"...Heh...Heheheheh..." his laughing confused us for a moment, "...So...that is how it's going to be..."

"That is how it MUST be."

"...Fine then." Godwin snapped his fingers, making Cerberumon charge at us.

"Portals of Darkness!"

Parts of the ground disappeared into black circles leading to some dark world, the girls managed to dodge them, but I wasn't so lucky and fell in as Cerberumon followed after me.


Twilight's POV


I don't what just happened; one minute, Sam was there, and now he's not! Sunset Shimmer, however, took advantage of my surprise and shock and knocked the crown off my head, she then pulled me away from it so she could grab it, but I held her back long enough for Spike to snatch the crown in his mouth and run away.

"Grab him, you fools!" Sunset ordered Snips and Snails.

They chase after Spike, who goes faster, but Sunset pushed them both out of her way for being too slow. Spike whimpered as he tried to open the main doors and Sunset caught up to him, ready to take the crown while sneering maliciously.

"Spike! SPIIIIKE!!" Rainbow called out, hands in the air.

Spike took the hint and whipped his head to side, tossing the crown to Rainbow, who caught it with ease, but Snips and Snails tried to take it from her.

"Fluttershy!" Rainbow threw it to her friend.

The crown bounced off of Fluttershy's hip when she flinched, but still caught it. Sunset, Snips, Snails, and the rest of us tried to run towards Fluttershy, which in turn made her freeze up in fear, Applejack thought fast and pulled out her lasso that she conveniently brought with her to the Fall Formal, and snatched up Fluttershy, but she dropped the crown and allowed Snips to catch it. Pinkie being Pinkie, she appeared behind him out of nowhere and grabbed the crown, tossing it back to us and engaging a game of "keep-away" until I caught it and threw it haphazardly. Unfortunately, Sunset Shimmer finally caught it.

"I'll take that!" Sunset declared before chuckling evilly, "At last!"

Spike growled at her, but I picked him up before he could charge at her. At that moment, those "Portals of Darkness" reopened and let out Cerberumon and...Sam?!


Samuel's POV


All I could see was black (no, not like THAT, friggin' racists), the area around me was pure darkness, but I didn't get to think on it any more as I felt claws digging into my skin.

"Let's see how you fight in my world: DARKNESS!" I heard Cerberumon say.

I reach for the D-Watch, turn it on, and dial in a random Digimon to help me, then slam the button down, feeling the fractal codes transform me, which knocked the dog monster off me.

//Digivolution.//

After the cocoon of fractal codes dissipated, I called out the name of the Digimon I turned into.

"GREYMON!!"

"Hah! You may have transformed, but you're in MY WORLD!! You're finished!" Cerberumon gloated in the dark.

"Fire Wall!" I called out, creating a wall of flames and lighting up the area, "Found ya!" I charged towards Cerberumon with my horns at the ready, "Great Horns Attack!" I impaled the beast with one of my horns, making him roar in pain, and got ready to blast a way out of here, "Nova Blast!" I let loose a massive fireball and blew a hole in the darkness, reopening the portal back home.

I leapt out with Cerberumon falling off my horn upon entering the real world and saw him disappearing into fractal codes. A loud, slow clapping filled the air. I turned to see Godwin, who was the one who was slow-clapping.

"Bravo, young Samuel, Bra-vo."

"It's over, Godwin!" I say with Greymon's voice, "I just trashed Cerberumon, you've got nothing left!"

He just laughed before adding his words in the mix, "You know, it's cute that you think you've won. You really think this is over?"

"What are you saying?!"

"Sam!"

I turned to Twilight when she called me, and saw ol' Fire Head with the crown and a malicious smile.

"More power than I could ever imagine!" she said as she put the crown on her head.

Godwin began to count down, "3. 2. 1. And action."

Suddenly, Fire Head got surrounded by glowing green energy rings and a beam of what looks like dark energy erupted from her as she hovered into the air, slowly, but surely, her body began to change; her skin turned blood red, her outfit became fiery-looking, and she grew some sort of tail as she was covered in dark magic.

"How?! Twilight won the crown!" I asked in disbelief.

"Certainly." Godwin began, "But Miss Shimmer nabbed it as you were fighting Cerberumon. Not only that, but I have a few...reinforcements."

Just as he said that, three new Digimon appeared behind him in cocoons of fractal codes.

"Well, you seem busy. I'll leave you to it. Bye!" Godwin waved as he vanished in a cocoon of black fractal codes.

"Wait!" I said, but a demonic laugh stopped me as I turned around and see Fire Head becoming a literal demon woman.

Fire Head smiled deviously and blasted her cronies with some dual green beam from both her hands, turning them into demons as well.

"This is gonna be so cool!" Snips said as Snails let out a hiss with his new snake-like tongue...gross.

They began to advance on the girls and I tried to stop them, but the new fire Digimon stopped me with his flames. I turned around to face them, but the fire guy sucker punched me, "Pyro Punch!" he said.

"Thunder Fist!" the electric, bug-looking one said, punching the ground and sending electricity at me, shocking my body and making me scream in pain.

"Brute Strike!" the creepy one said, charging at me with his arm-swords and slicing through me.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" I could massive amounts of pain coursing through my body as I screeched in agony.

My transformation couldn't take any more abuse and, in a burst of code, reverted me back to normal as the three surrounded me.

I could barely hear Fire Head laughing, "Aw, so much for your little boy toy, Twilight."

I couldn't hear anything else as I passed out from the overload of pain...


Several Minutes Later...


I awoke with a start to see Twilight and the girls floating and glowing with magical power and my D-Watch reacting to it.

"The magic contained in my Element was able to unite with those that helped create it!" Twilight declared.

I turned on my digivice and slammed the button down on the first transformation that came into view.

//Digivolution.//

In a burst of blue code, I changed into a new form.

"Magiamon!!"

"Whoa," I say in a feminine voice, "This is unexpected."

Twilight and the girls transformed into pony-like version of themselves; tall ears, super long ponytails, and for Fluttershy and Rainbow, wings...surprisingly.

"Together with the crown, they create a power unlike you can imagine," Twilight declared as Fire Head struggled to retain control of her demonic powers, "But it is a power you don't have the ability to control! The crown may be upon your head, Sunset Shimmer, but you cannot wield it, for you do not possess the most powerful magic of all: The Magic of Friendship!"

The girls began charging up their power as I suddenly had an idea on how to beat the three new Digimon, "Sweet Seduction!" I struck a flirty pose, smiled at them, and winked, making them turn against one another with hearts in their eyes and kicking up a dust cloud in the process, "That should do it."

Just then, they let loose their friendship magic on Fire Head, who was surrounded by a rainbow tornado, "What...is...happening?!"

"Here, and in Equestria, it is the only magic that can truly unite us all!" Twilight declared as a separate beam of light shot at the students, whom of which had at some point been brainwashed, and returned them to normal just before catching the dunderhead duo and trapping them in rainbow twisters as well.

As the light became too strong to see through, I could hear the three Digimon shout in unbridled agony as they were engulfed by it, making them dissipate into fractal codes. Once the light faded, I could see that I was changed back to my human form and the D-Watch gained a few new transformations.

(stop music)

The girls were knocked out and began to wake up with Spike jumping into Twilight's arms, but their victory was brief as we all saw the crater the magic left behind. Boy, I do NOT envy whoever has to clean this up. Twilight stood up and walked over to the hole in the ground as did the rest of us and the students, and what I saw shocked me: Fire Head, crying her eyes out.

"You'll never rule in Equestria!" Twilight said, "Any power you may've had in this world is gone! Tonight, you've shown everyone who you really are...you've shown them what is in your heart!"

"I...I'm sorry. I'm so sorry! I didn't know there was another way!" Fire-ahem, Sunset Shimmer said, tearfully.

"The Magic of Friendship doesn't JUST exist in Equestria...it's everywhere." Twilight turned to see her friends hugging and smiling, "You can seek it out, or you can forever be alone. The choice is yours."

Sunset struggled to climb out of the crater, but succeeded, "But...But all I've done since being here is driving everyone apart. I don't know the first thing about friendship."

Twilight and I grabbed her hands and pulled her to her feet, "I bet we could teach you." I offered.

"Those are my girls! ...And Sam. Uh, whoo-hoo!" Spike said.

"Did that dog just talk? Whoa, weird." one of the students said.

Spike look incredulous and said, "Seriously? A talking dog is the weird thing about all this?"

"No kidding." I comment.

"I, for one, think you're adorable." Rarity said, picking Spike up and petting him.

"Oh yeah..." Spike uttered.

Principal Celestia approached Twilight with the crown in her hands, "I believe this...belongs to you." Twilight knelt down in front of her, "A true princess in any world leads, not by forcing others to bow before her, but by inspiring others to stand with her. We've all seen you're capable of doing just that, I hope you do too...Princess Twilight."

Twilight smiled, "I do."

Everyone cheered for the girls and I as Twilight stood back up.

"Would now be a completely awkward time to ask you for that dance?" Flash asked her with a hopeful smile.

Twilight nervously accepted and we all went back to the Fall Formal and celebrated; Rainbow flew around with an orange skinned, purple haired Freshman as Twilight was dancing like she had four legs...no, really, she was. Flash decided to join her and they looked like they had a lot of fun. Just then, a girl wearing shades held up a camera to take our picture and we met back up for it. Once our picture was taken, it was time for Twilight and Spike to return home with the rest of us wishing her well.

"You'll look out for her, won't you?" Twilight asked us, talking about Sunset.

"Of course we will," Rarity said, then added, "though I expect some sort of apology for last spring's debacle."

"I have a feeling she'll be handing out a lot of apologies." Twilight answered as Sunset was handed a brick spatula as her (former) cronies pushed a wheelbarrow full of bricks.

"We'd better get going." Spike suggested.

Twilight nodded, "I know we've only met for a short time, but I'm gonna miss you all so much."

I decided to say something, "When the portal opens again, don't forget to look us up, okay?"

"I will. Thank you for all your help, Sam."

I smile, "Anytime."

Twilight takes a breath and walks back to the base of the statue with Spike following her.

"That crown really does suit you, Princess Twilight." Spike said as he winked.

"You know what, Spike? I am feeling a bit more comfortable wearing it."

"And the wings?"

"I've been walking around on two legs and picking things up with THESE!" Twilight raises her hands, "Wings? I'm THRILLED that's all I'll be dealing with back in Equestria!"

The two walked through the portal just as the moon reached its peak in the sky, reverting the other girls back to their normal selves. Pinkie rushed to the portal intent to go after Twilight, but face-planted into the surface and landed on her ass.

"Ohh, bummer!" she moaned.

I couldn't help but chuckle at Pinkie's antics, but then I frowned in thought. I know this was supposed to be a victory, but Godwin was still out there, and knew that things from here on out were going to be tough.


Unknown Location
Godwin's POV


I watched as those simpletons celebrated their little "victory", tonight wasn't my best moment, but I certainly learned a lot more than I originally thought.

"Boss."

I turned to see a figure in the shadows, "This had better be good."

"...He's ready."

I smirk under my hood, "Excellent. Go. Oversee preparations."

"Yes, my lord."

The figure left me with my thoughts as I continued to view everything from my monitors.

"Out of all the things I've learned today, this lesson is by far my favorite."

I smile sinisterly.

"That every dog will have his day. And mine is coming damn soon."

Author's Note:

New Digivolves Unlocked!
Cerberumon
Magiamon
Agunimon
Beetlemon
Duskmon


P.S. Props for anyone who can guess the multiple references I made on this chapter :twilightsmile: