• Published 21st Aug 2020
  • 938 Views, 19 Comments

Cyber Sam - Golden Flare



The parents of Samuel Southwest have gone missing and his only clues are a strange "D-Watch", some Merchant, and an entirely new world.

  • ...
3
 19
 938

Episode 1: A New Brand of DigiDestined

Samuel Southwest, age 16, occupation: high school student and potential computer coder, status: dimensionally misplaced.

Yeah, that's me, Samuel, or Sam to my friends, narrating my current lifestyle. I bet you're wondering how I ended up this way, right? Well, if you guys can just give me a few minutes of your time, I can totally explain how this happened. Let's rewind a bit, shall we?


2 Weeks Ago
Florida, USA, Earth


I had a great life; great friends, a loving family, an awesome education towards computer coding, happiness galore, I thought nothing could ruin this, this greatness I felt.

Boy, was I naïve.

My parents both went missing all of a sudden; I came home to find nobody home, at first I didn't think much on it, but I didn't find a note as to where they went, and as soon as the sun went down, I knew something was wrong. I called the police and they searched for my parents for an entire week before they called off the search, stating to the media that they couldn't devote all of their resources for the time being until other cases have been dealt with, needless to say, I was devastated. I slowly went into a depression, only doing the bare minimum of self-care, personal hygiene, and the like, I hardly showed up at school and when I did, everything I worked on felt half-hearted, even my coding skills, until eventually I heard that the police force were looking into finding my next of kin to figure what to do with me, since I'm a minor and can't be left to live by myself, that was the day that everything changed.


4 Days Later


My next of kin was eventually found and the court date was near, very near, I was wandering around my house when I spotted something out of place: a simple cardboard box with a note on top of it. I took the note and read it:

I know of your missing parents, and I know how much you miss them. I don't know, however, where they are or why they disappeared, but I also know that the device, or rather "Digivice", within this box is the key to finding your parents, as well as the reason for their disappearance. It is known quite aptly as a "D-Watch", and has a multitude of applications you can use, especially the "Digivolve" function. I understand that you have a million and one questions right now, but time is of the essence and I can't explain everything right this second. Put on the D-Watch and we'll meet for a Q&A session soon enough.

From the desk of the Merchant

I could only stare at the note, then the box, then the note, and then the box again. With some hesitation, I reach for the box and open it, and inside it was a very strange watch; the wristband was like an iron clamp while the face was a big, clunky upside-down triangle with a blank screen. Once I felt I stared at it long enough like an idiot, I started to put it on--

"Goburi Bomb!"

I swiftly turned to see a massive ball of fire flying towards me, I grabbed the watch and quickly jumped out of the way before running for my life from the flames now eating my house and whoever or whatever caused them.

"Come back, coward! Give us D-Watch!" the same voice that shouted before ordered.

I didn't comply, I simply ran into the city and didn't stop, I even increased my pace when I heard the city folk behind me screaming in terror. I finally stopped in an alleyway to catch my breath, away from any prying eyes, especially my pursuer. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding...

"Boulder Throw!"

SMASH!!

Only to see a gigantic boulder level the building I was hiding behind and then some, I slowly turned around in fear and wished I didn't; there was an army of green goblin-looking creatures, I didn't call them actual goblins because there was no goblin I knew in mythology that could make fireballs and conjure boulders.

"We got you now, human! Surrender D-Watch and die!" one of them ordered.

"YEAH!!" they all cheered.

"Who or what are you guys?! And don't you mean 'surrender OR die'?!"

"We are Goblimon! And Goblimon take no prisoners! Give us D-Watch!"

I weighed my options here; either put on the D-Watch and hope something saves my ass, or give it to these..."Goblimon" and die regardless of what I do.

It wasn't really a hard choice.

As fast as I could, I whipped the D-Watch onto my left arm, which make the Goblimon greatly anxious as well as agitated.

"He put D-Watch on! Kill human!"

Then they all raise a hand up and conjured a smaller fireball and shouted: "GOBLIN STRIKE!"

They all threw their fireballs at what seemed to be Mach speeds, I knew I wouldn't be able to dodge something that fast, so I raised my arms up hoping to block them, not noticing the bright glow on my watch as lit up the area. Once the light died down, I was nowhere around, even after the fireballs hit the wall behind where I once stood.

"Drat! Human get away! What now?!" one of the Goblimon asked.

Suddenly, the sound of police sirens rung out and slowly began to get louder.

"Grumble later, escape now! Boss will not be pleased."

In strips of computer code, all of the Goblimon vanished, the only signs that they were there was the carnage they left in their wake before the cops showed up.


Unknown Location


"Mmmmm...ugh...w-where am I...?" I groan as I slowly regain consciousness.

Once I had woken up, I suddenly remembered the predicament I was in, making my eyes snap open and I swiftly sat up, I looked myself over to make sure I wasn't burned or dead or anything in between, and thankfully I was not, I was very much alive and well. Though that begs the question: how did I survive that onslaught? With those fireball that quick, I should be cinders right now, yet I'm not.

"Curious, are you?" a voice spoke.

I whipped myself around to see a man hunched over with his arms behind his back, wearing a light grey garb that covers his head and face. Everything about this guy screamed "shady" and "sketchy".

He raised his hands in front of him, "Do not be alarmed, I am not your enemy. I am the one who brought you here before you became incinerated."

"Hmm...okay, but who are you?" I asked.

"Did the note not say? I am the Merchant."

I held back a gasp, "You??? YOU'RE the Merchant guy who sent me this watch?"

He nods, "Yes, but it is no ordinary watch, as you may have already heard, it is called a D-Watch, a digivice not known to many in the Digital World, and was created by your missing parents."

"Wait...mom and dad...MADE this thing?"

"Indeed, and I believe that was what made them disappear; the mere creation of that digivice simply painted a target on their backs for whoever either wanted the watch or wanted them to create one for their kidnappers...at least, that's what I think."

"And you're sure?"

"Mmm...not entirely. As I said, there's a lot of things I don't know about these circumstances, but I believe that D-Watch may be the key for the answers you seek."

I began to think for a moment; I was attacked by some weirdo goblin things all because of this D-Watch, and once I put it on, I vanished and end up somewhere else away from danger. Then, this Merchant, the same guy who sent me said watch, says that this device, or digivice as he calls it, may be the key for the answers I want AND to find my parents. But there's still one thing nagging at me...

"Merchant...where exactly did you take me?" I ask him.

He shook his head lightly, "I'm afraid it was too dangerous to simply leave you in your world, so I brought you to a new one to try and hide you until you properly learned how to use the D-Watch. I know it's only a matter of time before those who seek it find your current hiding place, but this was a security measure to buy us some time."

"Well, what is this world? And what do you mean 'learn to use the D-Watch'?"

"In order, this is a different version of Earth than what you are used to, trust me, you'll see soon enough, and the D-Watch is a VERY complex piece of technology; it has many functions, one of them allowing you to 'Digivolve' into Digimon that are above Rookie level."

"'Digivolve'?"

"The D-Watch latches to the user and binds their genetic structure with the fractal codes of Digimon collected into the digivice, making the user 'Digivolve' into whatever Digimon they choose...for a short while anyway."

"What are Digimon?" I ask, scratching my head in confusion.

"It's a shortened term for 'Digital Monsters', they originate from the Digital World."

"And those goblins I faced, they were Digimon too?"

"Yes, Goblimon to be exact. They are evil Digimon, who more than likely serve whoever kidnapped your parents and wants the D-Watch for themselves."

I was struck silent by this. How could anyone possibly respond to all this, especially if they were in my shoes?

"No more questions? Good. Now we must train you, to teach you how to properly use the D-Watch."

"Hey, one last thing: how many Digimon are in this watch?"

"Roughly? At least 10,000."

"10,000?!"

"Yes, but many of the fractal codes as well as the greater functions of the digivice have been locked, so you only have access to a certain number of Digimon."

I sigh deeply, "Great."

"It was a necessary protocol to prevent the digivice at full power from getting into the hands of pure evil."

"I guess I can understand that...doesn't make it a less bitter pill to swallow."

Just then, a feminine scream resounded from nearby at a large building.

"You think...?"

"No, they couldn't have found us that quickly."

"Either way, someone needs help!"

The Merchant and I ran towards the direction of the girly scream, not knowing what possible dangers lie in wait for us...


A Few Minutes Later
Large Unknown Building


Upon arriving, we noticed a teenage girl talking to a...well, talking dog; she had lavender skin, purple eyes, indigo blue hair with purple and pink streaks through it, wearing a button-up blouse, a red bowtie, a purple skirt with a starburst marked on it, and purple boots with plaid purple socks. The dog was next; he had lavender fur, green, almost reptilian eyes, deep green tuft of fur atop his head, sea green floppy ears, a bright green underbelly, white splotches near his backside, and wearing a spiked collar with a heart-marked dog tag. We overheard them talking about how "different" the girl looked, who we learned her name was "Twilight", then the Merchant whispered in my ear.

"That girl is a princess of another world full of magical, talking ponies, and her full name is Twilight Sparkle."

I just nodded, trying to be a quiet as I can so they don't notice us. Then we heard something about them searching the "castle", which happens to be the building in front of us.

"Go help her up, before she makes a fool of herself." the Merchant tells me.

"And you?" I ask.

"I'll be watching, from afar. VERY afar."

"Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence."

I decided to play along with the Merchant and make myself known to the mysterious duo.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask Twilight.

"Um, yes?" she answers, uncertainly.

I held out a hand, "Here, let's get you up."

With hesitance, she reached for my hand and I quickly pulled her up, not realizing how strong I was, or how light she was, and wound up with her in my arms.

"Uh, sorry, really need to gauge my power level." I try explain, blushing a bit.

She blushed a bit as well before getting off me, "Y-Yes..."

Things got a bit awkward until I decided to strike up a conversation, "So, are you new here? Because I'm new here myself, and I've been wanting to see what's inside that building."

"Huh? Oh, right, yes, let's go then."

The three of us walked up to the double doors of the large building and, like the gentleman mom raised me to be, held the door open for Twilight and her dog, who I learned to be Spike when they observed the trophies and such in a glass case, which they believed to be artifacts stolen by someone from some place called "Equestria". It was then that I got a good look at one of these trophies, and realized something immediately.

Is this place...a high school?

BRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNG!!!

The halls suddenly became filled to the brim with students of every color, and no, not THAT kind of color, I mean everybody was LITERALLY every color of the rainbow and then some, I kid you not! Twilight, Spike, and I quickly got separated and I stumbled through the hallways trying to find them, but eventually I found something else, and it wasn't pleasant.

"Oh, I'm really sorry," a timid voice spoke, "I just saw it right there, and thought I should give it to her. I didn't know you had dropped it."

"Well, I did," a harsh, commanding voice barked out, "and I was about to get it until you swooped in and ruined everything. You shouldn't pick up things that don't belong to you."

I looked to see a pink haired girl being harassed by a girl with fiery hair, the former mumbled something I couldn't hear, which made the latter slam her palms into the lockers on each side of the poor girl.

"Excuse me?!"

The scared girl tried to mumble an apology, but I wouldn't let that bloody sociopath have that satisfaction.

"Are you through...freak?" I insulted.

Everyone in the hall gasped in shock as Fire Head turned to face me, "What did you say?!"

"You heard me, freak. Are. You. Through?" I reiterated as she stalked up to me as I stood my ground.

We stared each other down for a few second until she smirked, "You must be new here. I can speak to anyone any way I want."

"Says the fire-headed sociopath."

She then glared at me, "I'd watch your tongue if I were you, kid."

"Give me an excuse as to why I should, otherwise get lost before I make you get lost."

She then made a puppy-dog face, "You wouldn't hit a poor, wittle girl like me, would you?"

I reached my hand forward and flicked the tip of her nose, startling her, "I just did."

She raised her hand to her nose and growled, "...Consider that a freebie, kid. 'Cause next time, you won't get a second chance."

"Ohh, I'm a-shaking in my boots." I wobbled my legs a bit before pointing to the adjacent hallway, "Now beat it."

She sneered before walking past--oh look, Twilight and Spike are here, I've been looking all over for them.

"I can't believe you did that." the pink haired girl said in awe.

"Sorry, but there's a lot of things I hate, and two of them is bullies and bullying." I said as Twilight and Spike approached.

"Well, it's just that no one ever stands up to Sunset Shimmer."

"Sunset Shimmer?!" Twilight uttered in shock.

"You know her?"

"Sort of..."

"Not really." I answer as well.

"I don't think I've seen you two around before. Did you two transfer to Canterlot High from another school?" the timid girl asked us.

"Um...yeah, that's it. I'm Samuel Southwest, but my friends call me Sam, and this is Twilight." I introduce us as Twilight waves.

"I'm...Fluttershy..." she mumbles out.

"Um, sorry, we couldn't hear you."

"It's Fluttershy!" she squeaks out again.

"Fluttershy? Well, that's a pretty cute nam--"

"Oh my goodness!" Fluttershy interrupts as she spots Spike and rushes past us, "Who's this sweet little guy?"

"That's Spike, my...dog." Twilight says, rather hesitantly.

"Oh, he's so cute!" Fluttershy digs out a doggie treat from her backpack, "Go on, eat up, little pup."

Spike nibbles it, then goes to full on eating as Fluttershy speaks again.

"Oh, wouldn't you give anything to know what they're really thinking?"

"He usually just tells me." Twilight said, offhandedly.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

I decided to step in before something slips out, "She means she's been teaching him her own version of sign language to understand what he saying, and he's plenty smart, right, Twilight?" I elbow her side and motion a hand signal to play along.

"Uh, right! Of course!" she then cleared her throat, "Anyway, Sunset Shimmer said you picked something up, something that belonged to her, it wasn't a crown, was it?"

A crown? I thought, then I remembered that Twilight's a princess from another world, Hmm...I better keep my eyes and ears open about things regarding that crown, it seems pretty important.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't notice Twilight and Fluttershy finishing up their chat.

"Principal Celestia?" Twilight asked, confused, "She's the ruler here?"

"You could say that. Well, technically, she and Vice Principal Luna do make the rules."

"Where is she now?"

"Probably in her office." Twilight and Spike both ran in separate directions, only to come back when they realized they don't know the layout here, "Third door on your right."

"Thank you!" Twilight said as she and Spike ran off, this time in the right way.

"Oh, wait!" Fluttershy stopped them, "You're not exactly allowed to have pets on school grounds. You might wanna tuck him into your backpack. That's what I do." just then, a bunch of little animals came out to play.

"Whoa..." I muttered, impressed by this girl's ability to befriend wild creatures.

BRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNG!!!

"Oh, no! I'm late for class!" Fluttershy said before swiftly gathering her animal buddies and running off to her classroom.

"We'd better get going too, before somebody thinks we're either trespassing or skipping classes." I say to Twilight.

"Right, let's go."

Twilight stashed Spike into her bag and we all headed for the principal's office to learn more about this crown she mentioned.


??? POV


An unknown figure was watching the two teenagers as they walked off to wherever they were going, deliberately ignoring his two brothers arguing.

"I'm getting him first!"

"Says you!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Uh-huh!"

"Shut it!" the unknown figure whisper-shouted at his brothers, "We don't want them to know we're here!"

"But why not report this to the boss?"

"Yeah!"

"Because, this is to earn brownie points," the unknown figure answered, "If we can beat that kid and get the D-Watch, we'll be promoted for sure! Are you guys with me or not?"

"We're the Mushroomon Brothers! Of course we're with you!"

"Yup!"

"Good!" the unknown figure, now known as the leading Mushroomon, said, "Better get ready, kid! You're in for it now!"

"YEAH!!" they all cheered.


Sam's POV
Principal Celestia's Office


A trio of knocks echoed in the office.

"Enter." a mature woman's voice said.

I tried to keep Twilight as normal as possible when we entered the principal's office, we at first began to talk about the crown that was given to her by Fluttershy, then the topic changed to the Fall Formal and Fall Formal Princess, Twilight then asked how she could run for the title after an almost embarrassing moment when she brought up some "Grand Galloping Gala", most likely from her world. After getting the intel we need, we left the office on our merry way when Spike stopped us, asking why we didn't tell her the truth and simply ask for the crown back.

"It's obvious, little man," I interjected, "I'm pretty sure that if you told the principal where you came from and why you needed the crown, she'd probably think Twilight was, for lack of better term, 'cuckoo in the coconut'." I twirled a finger next to my head as I said that last bit.

Spike sighed, "I guess you're right."

"Wait," Twilight began, "how do you know where we came from?"

"I'll answer your questions AFTER we get some time to breathe." I say, buying myself some time.

"Fine." she relented, "Then it looks like I have no choice but to become Princess of the Canterlot High Fall Formal. And that's just what I'm gonna do!" she declared with her arms in the air.

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that?" Spike interrupted the moment.

"I have no idea!" Twilight declared again.

I sigh, "Look, let's just head for lunch, I think I have an idea of how we can do what we need to."

"Okay, let's go."

Twilight walked away with Spike tucking himself back into her backpack, while I stayed behind for a moment, once I knew she was out of earshot, I took a deep breath.

"Welp. We're boned."

I began my own trek to the cafeteria, not knowing that the Merchant was watching this whole time.

"Poor lad. The depression still has a firm grip on you, doesn't it?"


Lunch Period
Canterlot High Cafeteria


After joining up with Twilight and Spike again, I explained to them that we needed to talk to our only ally in this school for intel: Fluttershy. Unfortunately, we got split up due to the lunch line separating us and I got my lunch sooner than the two girls. Stuck without a table to sit at, I chose an empty table near the back of the cafeteria, and ate my lunch in silence...that is, until three female preteenagers sat at my lonely table with me.

"Hey there, mister! Ma name's Apple Bloom! That there is Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo!"

"Hey there!" Sweetie greeted.

"Yo." Scootaloo simply said.

"Hey there to you as well, I'm Samuel Southwest, Sam to my friends." I began, "So, just out of curiosity, why did you girls wanna sit with me? I'm not exactly a chick magnet."

"Well," Sweetie began, "you seemed kinda lonely over here, so we thought you'd want some company."

I chuckled a bit, "Well, you guessed right."

"So, what's with the funny-looking watch?" Scootaloo asked, bluntly.

"Scootaloo!" Apple Bloom scolded.

"What? It's a legitimate question."

"And rude too!" Sweetie added.

"It's okay," I began to explain, "I can't go into full detail, but...I was told that this watch was the key to finding my parents. You see, they went missing over a week ago, and I'm trying to find them. I think they got into something they couldn't get themselves out of on their own."

"Really?" Scootaloo asked, wondering if I was some kind of super-secret spy.

"Wow..." Apple Bloom seemed saddened, "Ah, uh...Ah hope ya find 'em…"

"Yeah!" Sweetie began, "Who would do such a thing, making people's parents disappear?!"

I sigh, "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"So you know who did it?" Scootaloo asked.

"In a way, yes, but they have ways of covering their tracks."

Apple Bloom grumbled, "Slippery, little varmints…"

"You don't know the half of it."

BRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNG!!!

I finished off the last of my food and tried to meet up with Twilight and Spike, who told me that to apply for the Fall Formal Crown, she needed to consult the head of the party planning committee, whom of which should be in the gym preparing the room for the dance, so that's our next move.


10 Minutes Later
Canterlot High Gymnasium


The doors to the gym opened as we headed inside, "Fluttershy said she'd probably be in here." Twilight said.

"I hope so, I don't even want to think about what'll happen if Fire Head gets her grimy, little mitts on that crown." I agreed.

"Incoming!!!" a child-like voice chimed as a rainstorm of streamers covered us from head to toe.

I was able to get a good look at her once I got out of my little streamer cocoon prison; her skin was light pink, her poofy hair was a type of dark pink, and her eyes were a baby blue, wearing a blue jacket over a white shirt with a heart marked on it, a pink skirt marked with three balloons, and wearing baby blue boots with pink bowties on them. This girl seems to like too much pink and has had a few sweets too many.

She was blowing up a balloon when Twilight freed herself and walked up to her, "Hello, my name's Twilight Sparkle and--" when she got a good look at the girl herself, she seemed to immediately know who it is, "Pinkie Pie?"

The aforementioned Pinkie Pie partially let the balloon go and the air hissed out in her face as she gripped Twilight tightly, "Are you psychic?!"

"Uh, no I don't think so. Unless, of course, that's something you can do here." Twilight answered, sheepishly.

Pinkie sighed as she let Twilight go, "Not usually." she then skipped along to blow up a new balloon.

Twilight dusted herself off as she got up, "Fluttershy told this was where I could find the head of the Fall Formal Planning Committee."

I suddenly felt quite a bit of tension from Pinkie when she spoke again, "Fluttershy, huh?" she tied off the balloon she had, "Don't let the whole shy thing fool you, she can be a real meanie."

"You two aren't friends...?" Twilight uttered in shock.

"Hmm...something doesn't seem right about what Pinkie just said..." I whispered to myself.

Pinkie smiled again as if Fluttershy was a mere afterthought, "Waited a bit to get your name on the ballot, huh? The dance is the day after tomorrow."

"I'm brand new here." Twilight said.

"What am I, a plate of grits?" I called.

"Ooh! TWO new faces!" Pinkie cheered, then looked serious, "I thought you two didn't look familiar." she got up close and inspected the two of us, "Though, now that I'm really looking at you guys..."

"Uh, personal space, please?" I say softly, not liking the sudden invasion.

Pinkie backed off, then spoke, "Do you have a twin sister who lives in the city, has a pet dog named Spike that looks JUST like that one?"

Spike was playing with a balloon when Twilight answered, "Uhh...maybe?"

Pinkie shrugged, "Thought so." she then dug out a clipboard and a pen from her poofy hair, "Anyhoo, just gotta sign here, and you're officially up for the coveted Princess of the Fall Formal crown!"

...I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!! I screamed in my head when I saw Pinkie pull things out of her hair, which more than likely defies the laws of physics and even nature.

Twilight hesitated, then grabbed the pen in her mouth, but chose to put it in her hand, and scribble her name, which is rather crappy-looking I might add.

"Wow! You have really bad handwriting!" Pinkie said, "It's like you've never held a pen before."

Twilight chuckled nervously, "Is it?"

A doors to the gym opened and a voice called out, "Did someone order a dozen case o' fizzy apple cider?"

Pinkie then charged at the person lugging a huge stack of crates carrying the aforementioned items with childish glee as I got a better look at her once she sat them down; she had tan skin, green eyes, and straw blonde hair, wearing a green and white shirt, denim skirt, a Stetson hat, and brown cowgirl boots with apples marked on them. This girl's appearance screamed "hard worker", not just "farmer".

"Could ya bring in th' rest?" she said to someone lugging another stack of crates.

"Eeyup." came a male voice as the cowgirl hefted one of his crates.

He had tan skin as well, deep green eyes, and orange-red hair, wearing a red jacket over a white shirt, denim pants, and brown cowboy boots. I think this guy has enough strength to snap me in two...I better stay on his good side.

The cowgirl walked towards Twilight and I and immediately recognized us, "Hey, Ah know you two."

"You do?" Twilight asked.

"Sure, you're the new guy and gal who gave Sunset Shimmer the what-for today!" she popped the cap off of a bottle of cider with her teeth and proceeded to drink it.

"Heh, guess we got a rep now, huh?" I say, not really wanting to be the center of attention.

"Twilight Sparkle's gonna be running against Sunset Shimmer for Princess of the Fall Formal." Pinkie added, making the cowgirl do a spit take.

"Ah'd think twice 'bout that. Oh sure, she'll approach ya, all friendly-like..." the cowgirl then drew on a couple of balloons, resembling Fire Head and Twilight, "'I sure am looking forward for some friendly competition!' 'That's so good to hear!'" she then spun Fire Head's around to reveal a taped-on needle, "But then, here comes th' backstabbin'." and she popped Twilight's balloon for good emphasis, "About the least the person ya can trust less than Sunset Shimmer is Rainbow Dash."

"Uh, Rainbow who-now?" I ask, stupidly.

"She's, like, the Captain of every team at Canterlot High." Pinkie answered, bouncing on another balloon, before popping it.

Again, SO MANY QUESTIONS!! I scream in my head once again.

"She's also th' captain of sayin' she's gunna do somethin' fer ya, then turning around and even botherin' ta show up!" the cowgirl accused.

First Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, now the cowgirl and this Rainbow Dash? Something stinks around here, and I bet it's coming from ol' Fire Head. I theorize mentally.

"Thanks for the advice, Applejack, but this is something I really have to do." Twilight interjected.

Huh? Time out, what? How'd she know her name?

"Eh, suit yourself." it was at that point that what "Applejack" heard finally caught up with her, "Say, how'd ya know ma name was Applejack?"

Twilight suddenly got really anxious and tried to make up an excuse, "Didn't you say...?"

"Eenope." the cowboy said as Pinkie drank a bottle of cider.

Twilight hastily said her good-byes and made a run for it with Spike, but I stayed behind, hoping she didn't notice.

I pray to God that she didn't arouse TOO much suspicion... I think, gauging Pinkie and Applejack's reactions.

"That one's trying to hide a secret, but I am TOTALLY onto her!" Pinkie declared to Applejack.

Top tier work there, Twilight.

"She's psychic!" Pinkie whispered loudly.

"Eh, if you say so..." Applejack agreed, uncertainly.

Uh, never mind...

SLAM!!

"This. Looks. Terrible!"

Oh goodie, Fire Head's here. I groan in my head.

"There should be more streamers by the stage and fewer balloons." she ordered, popping a couple in one go.

"Yeah! Streamers!" a short, pudgy underclassman barked, ripping a streamer in half.

"And fewer balloons!" a tall, scrawny underclassman agreed, trying to squeeze a balloon, only to fail miserably.

Yeesh, we got a whole gaggle of idiots here. What's next? A vine-swinging ape man?

"Fizzy apple cider?! Ugh! This is my coronation, not a hoedown!"

Applejack immediately took offense to that, "Well, now, it ain't necessarily gunna be YOUR coronation this time around!"

Fire Head quickly got in her face, "Oh? Is that so?" she then proceeded to put Applejack's head over her face, "You country folk really AREN'T that bright. It's no wonder that people say such awful things about you. Of course it's going to be my coronation. I'm running unopposed."

"Wipe that crap outta your eyes, dick-stain!" I call out.

"Who said tha--oh. It's you."

"Surprised?" I asked, "I guess I'm the only one in this whole school who's got a pair of man-sized balls."

"Ew...!" the dunderhead duo groaned.

"Shut it, turd-monkeys, the adult and the childish cunt are talking."

Fire Head was seething by this point, "Call me another name one more time..."

"Or what? You'll hit me? Go ahead, do it. It will be YOU who is found guilty, once the principals hear about it."

Pinkie got in between us to stop an upcoming battle and said, "On an unrelated note, the new girl just signed up!"

Sunset snatched the clipboard out of Pinkie's hand to look at it, "What?!"

"I know! Her handwriting IS really bad!" Pinkie added in a cheerful voice...for some reason.

Sunset lowered the document to reveal a rather pissed expression, "Where is this 'Twilight Sparkle'?"

With that, I decided to make myself scarce before she let loose her anger on me and head outside to blow off some steam.


A Few Minutes Later
Canterlot High Soccer Field


The moment I stepped onto the field next to the school, I sat down on the bleachers and began tinkering with the D-Watch, trying to figure out its many features. But before I could find out anything, I heard a voice yell out:

"Mushroom Mash!"

Then there was an explosion, and the next thing I knew, I was on the ground in absolute pain. I looked up to see who threw that bomb, and saw three mushroom-looking creatures.

"Ha-ha! I knew this human kid was weak, but I didn't think it'd be THIS easy!" one of them said.

The two other ones laughed in triumph at their leader's words, but they wouldn't be laughing for long; slowly, despite being in pain, I reached for my D-Watch and activated the "Digivolution" function, scrolling the touch screen to any random Digimon.

"Hey! What's he doing?!"

One of the lackey's noticed what I was trying to do, and with no more time left, I tapped the first form that came into view on the screen.

//Digivolution.// a computerized voice echoed from the digivice before I was consumed with fractal codes.

The mushroom monsters wisely took a few steps back, even more so when the Digivolving process had finished, I was slightly taller than I was before, my skin had turned red, I had claws on my hands, arms, and feet, a tail, and even a pair of horns, I also could almost FEEL the fire in my breath now, then all of a sudden, I called out the name of the Digimon I became:

"Growlmon!!"

The two lackeys trembled at me while their leader tried to stand strong, "C-C'mon, Mushroomon! We can't let this kid get the best of us! All together!"

With the other two rallied, the three now-named Mushroomon came together and launched all of their mushroom bombs at once.

"Fungus Cruncher!"

When they made contact and exploded, I barely felt a tingle from the attack now that I Digivolved, and the fear the Mushroomon felt before returned with a vengeance when the dust cleared and saw that I was in one piece.

"What?!"

"My turn." I said, my voice being quite different, "Exhaust Flame!"

With a roar, I let loose a powerful blaze of fire at the Mushroomon, making them scream in agony. When the flames died down, I noticed that they were now barely hanging on to whatever life they had left.

"Rggggh!! Mushroomon, group up!!"

The three Mushroomon jumped on top of each other into a tower and shouted: "SLIDE EVOLUTION!!!"

A stream of fractal codes enveloped them and quickly turning them into a rather large, dead-looking tree with eyes.

"WOODMON!!!"

Woodmon? That's...kinda unoriginal. And now he's charging at me!

"BRANCH BASH!!" he roared as he tried to stab me with the points of his arms.

I thought on my feet and clashed against him with my claws, unleashing another move, "Dragon Slash!" the claws on my arms lit up with plasma energy and I sliced through one of his larger branch arms, leaving him with only one left aside from his little ones.

"YOU LITTLE!! LEAF SLIDER!!!"

Several sharp-looking leaves flew at me at ridiculous speeds, but I had another idea for my plasma-enhanced arm claws, "Raiden Blade!" I reared one of my arms back and swung, unleashing a wave of plasma energy at the leaves, which burned them to cinders, and flew all the way to Woodmon, who now looked very afraid that the tables have greatly turned.

"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

The moment the attack made contact, Woodmon reverted back into the three Mushroomon from before, who were starting to vanish as their fractal codes were being erased.

The leader groaned and glared up at me, "You...really think this is over? There are others...others far stronger than us Mushroomon, or even Woodmon...unless you...utilize the full power of the D-Watch...you...are...finishhhhhed..."

(stop music)

And just like that, the Mushroomon were no more, as if they were never here. The fractal codes surrounded me again and I was morphed back into my old human self. I began to ponder what the leading Mushroomon said; yes, I know all too well this was far from over, but the fact that there are others that are stronger? And that I need to utilize the full power of the D-Watch? I figured the Merchant might have some answers, so I decided to stop dillydallying and try to find him again, not noticing the D-Watch chimed with a new power.


Mere Seconds Ago
Snips' POV


After he walked off Snails and I were still in shock; this kid, this rebellious nobody, had some kind of special power that makes him transform into weird creatures! I knew that Twilight girl was weird when she acted like she had no idea what a computer was, but this DEFINITELY takes the cake! I looked the Snails and he and I nodded, knowing what we had to do now.

We had to tell Sunset Shimmer.


Canterlot High Library
Samuel's POV


For a good while now, I couldn't find hide nor hair of the Merchant, so now I chose to head to the library to brush up on this world's knowledge as well as relieve some stress, even before I was forced to leave home, the library always had a comfortable place in my heart. Soon enough, I ran into Twilight and Spike again and helped them with some of their research about this new world.

"Attention students, the library will be closing in five minutes." the library intercom spoke.

It was then that Twilight realized something, "I haven't even thought about where we're going to sleep yet."

Shoot! That thought never crossed my mind either! What am I gonna do?!

Before I could properly panic, Spike started to wander off, "Way ahead of ya."

Twilight and I looked at each other in confusion before following the talking dog...man, that sounded weird. Eventually, we now found ourselves in the very back of the ocean of bookshelves to a rather dusty, hastily put together...bed made out of books? What?

"It's a little...dusty, but nobody comes back here, so..." Spike reasoned.

"It's perfect, Spike." Twilight says.

"It's certainly better than nothing, that's for sure." I agree.

Twilight and Spike got into reading a yearbook and found all of the girls, even that Rainbow Dash girl, they seemed to be friends once upon a time, but something changed, and Twilight and I both had the same thought: Sunset Shimmer. Spike tried to explain to Twilight that the girls had to take a backseat for their current mission of getting Twilight's crown back and she tiredly agreed. But still...the situation with those former friends...it has to be dealt with sooner rather than later, and I'm gonna explain that to these two very firmly.

We're fixing the mess Sunset Shimmer created tomorrow.

Author's Note:

New Digivolve Unlocked!
Woodmon