• Published 30th Jun 2020
  • 1,230 Views, 41 Comments

The Ending of the Love - BrawnyBold



Lyra tries to avoid Bon Bon after the final battle with Cozy Glow, Chrysalis, and Tirek.

  • ...
9
 41
 1,230

What Happens Now

Minuette arrived to her home in Canterlot after that huge battle against the three villains. She never thought she would be a part of the action as she would normally be on the sidelines when something major happens in Equestria. A part of her felt really proud as everything turned out alright. Minuette was about to make some dinner when she heard knocking from her door. She opened it and she was surprised to see Lyra standing in front of her.

"Lyra!" Minuette responded.

"Hey Minuette," Lyra spoke in a sad tone. "Is it alright that I come in?" Minuette nodded as she allowed Lyra to trot inside. Lyra took a seat on the large couch in the living room. Minuette took a seat across from Lyra and both of them just stayed silent for short while.

"So what brings you here, Lyra? I thought you would go back to Ponyville." Minuette noticed Lyra's eyes began to flood with tears. Lyra bawled out while covering her face with her hooves. Minuette hurried next to Lyra and held her to calm her down.

"It's okay, Lyra." Minuette assured as she patted Lyra's back. "Just take your time." Minuette used her magic to retrieve a box of tissues and offered them to Lyra. Lyra took some tissues and blew her muzzle.

"S-sorry," Lyra said. She took some deep breaths before she was ready to speak. "I'm not sure if I should head back to Ponyville."

"Why?" Minuette asked in confusion. "I thought you and Bon Bon were planning your wedding?" Lyra blew her muzzle again.

"Bon Bon broke off our engagement." Lyra whimpered.

"What?!" Minuette yelled in shock.

"It happened when all of the earth ponies, pegasai, unicorns were believing those false rumors and remained separated. Bon Bon thought I was betraying her and she said that she didn't want marry to me. Next thing I knew, she smashed her engagement ring right in front of me!" Lyra cried once again as it felt too painful to mention that awful moment. Minuette gave Lyra a tight hug to let her know that everything was alright. Minuette remembered how all of the earth ponies in Ponyville treated the unicorns and pegasai like nasty rodents. She also thought it made sense that the temporary division affected Lyra and Bon Bon's relationship as they were different pony races. Lyra spoke again, "After those three villains were defeated, Bon Bon ran towards me and I quickly teleported away. I started to remember that harsh moment and I really didn't want to see Bon Bon again." Minuette tried to think of a good solution for Lyra.

"I think the best thing for you to do is spend some time away from Bon Bon. This can help you calm your nerves and figure out what to do next." Minuette suggested. Lyra took a moment to think about her friend's suggestion.

"Alright, I think that's a good idea." Lyra smiled and returned a hug to her friend. "Thanks for hearing me out."

"It's what friends are for." Minuette said embrassingly while rubbing her neck.

"Is it alright if I stay here for the night?" Lyra asked. "It's already late and I don't want to disturb my parents if they're asleep."

"No problem," Minuette assured. "I'll prepare the guest bedroom for you." Minuette trotted down her hallway.

"Thank you!" Lyra said as she continued to sit on the couch. She felt a bit worried as she left Bon Bon without saying a single word. Lyra thought of something as she used her magic to retrieve a piece of paper and a quill.


Bon Bon trotted frantically across Ponyville's streets as she was looking for Lyra. Bon Bon looked in every part of town and asked several of the local ponies if they have seen Lyra. Unfortunately, all of them had no idea where Lyra was. Bon Bon continued to trot down the streets until she spotted Amethyst Star.

"Amethyst!" Bon Bon hollered to get the unicorn's attention.

"Hey Bon Bon, is everything alright?" Amethyst asked.

"Have...you...seen....Lyra?" Bon Bon asked while panting.

"Hmm..." Amethyst said while thinking. "I haven't seen her since that big battle again the villains. Maybe she went home to look for you." Bon Bon slapped her hooves on her forehead as she felt stupid for not checking their house first.

"Thanks Amethyst!" Bon Bon yelled as she hurried to the house she and Lyra were sharing. Bon Bon opened the door to see that Lyra wasn't in the kitchen. "Lyra!" Bon Bon called out in the house. She didn't get any response and ended up trotting to every part of the house, only to find no traces of Lyra. Bon Bon heart beat faster as she grew more worried about Lyra. Bon Bon hurried to the kitchen to exit the house. She stopped when she noticed something on the floor. It was her engagement ring that she completely destroyed. It triggered Bon Bon's memories of that moment when she falsely accused Lyra for siding with the unicorns. Bon Bon felt heavy guilt as she saw how upset Lyra was and how she ran off to be chased by the earth ponies. Bon Bon heard some knocks from the kitchen door and hurried to open it.

"Lyra!?" Bon Bon said and hoped that it was her fiancé. Unfortunately, it was just Derpy while wearing her mailpony uniform.

"Mail delivery for you, Bon Bon!" Derpy said as she gave an envelope to Bon Bon.

"Thanks Derpy," Bon Bon said while she sighed in disappointment.

"You're welcome!" Derpy said as she flew off to deliver more mail. Bon Bon looked at the envelop to only see her name and address. There wasn't a return address on it. Bon Bon hoped that this mail was from Lyra and opened the envelop to find a letter. Bon Bon could immediately tell that the letter was from Lyra as Bon Bon could recognize her fiancé's horn writing.

Dear Bon Bon,

I'm writing to let you know that I'm staying away from Ponyville for a while. I couldn't bare to see you again after what you said. What made matters worse, you destroyed the very ring that was a sign of my affection towards you and I was willing to spend the rest of my life with you! If you wanted to marry me, then why did you and the other earth ponies act so rudely towards me and the other unicorns? I'm beginning to also reconsider our engagement. For now, I just want to be away from you. I'm not sure if I'll return to Ponyville. If I choose not to return, you can just throw out my belongings as those were the possessions of a 'unicorn'.

From your EX-fiancé,
Lyra Heartstrings

After Bon Bon finished reading the letter, she collapsed to the ground and cried her eyes out. Bon Bon felt like her heart was in so much pain as she drove away the love of her life.