• Published 30th Jun 2020
  • 1,229 Views, 41 Comments

The Ending of the Love - BrawnyBold



Lyra tries to avoid Bon Bon after the final battle with Cozy Glow, Chrysalis, and Tirek.

  • ...
9
 41
 1,229

How It All Started

Lyra trotted down the streets of Ponyville to while carrying some groceries. She notice some of the citizens were avoiding each other. It has been like this for the past few days. Most of the citizens don't talk to each other and began to stay in separate groups of just earth ponies, pegasai, or unicorns. There were even some occasions where ponies started to fight among themselves. Lyra was surprised to see this kind of phenomenon happening in Ponyville. Some monster attacks have occurred from time to time, but this felt different. Another weird thing that was happening was that Lyra kept getting denied of groceries from the earth pony vendors. She was able to get some produce thanks to a vendor who was a unicorn. Today was Princess Twilight's coronation into becoming the ruler of Equestria and Lyra wanted to make a special dinner for her and Bon Bon to celebrate. Lyra felt more happy than usual as she felt her new engagement ring on her horn. She finally proposed to Bon Bon and they were now making preparations for their wedding. Lyra thought that was one thing that made her cheer up. She finally reached her home and opened the door to find Bon Bon sitting at the dining table.

"Hey Bon Bon!" Lyra said as she placed the bags on the counter and began unpacking.

"Hello, Lyra." Bon Bon said in a serious tone. Lyra noticed this and turned to see Bon Bon with an angry look on her face.

"Is there something wrong, Bon Bon?" Lyra asked in concern.

"It's nothing, I'm just surprised that you were able to find some vegetables." Bon Bon replied.

"Yeah, it was strange." Lyra said confusingly. "Most of the sellers refused to sell me anything until one of them offered to sell me some vegetables."

"Was this vendor a unicorn?" Bon Bon asked calmly. Lyra was a bit surprised to hear this from her fiancé.

"Y-yeah," Lyra replied while still confused.

"Huh, figures." Bon Bon said rudely. "I guess you unicorns are able to grow plants on their own. But earth ponies can still grow better produce!"

"I don't understand. Why are you acting this way, Bon Bon?" Lyra asked as she grew more concerned.

"I don't know, probably because you and the rest of the unicorns in Ponyville are trying to ruin the earth ponies' gardens." Bon Bon said as she slammed her hooves on the table.

"W-what are you talking about?" Lyra asked she got scared from her fiancé's outburst.

"Don't pretend that I don't know!" Bon Bon barked. "I keep hearing stuff about how unicorns keep using their magic to ruin the crops and gardens all around town! I didn't want to believe it, but all of the rumors and damages actually made sense!"

"Bon Bon, please! I don't know what you mean!" Lyra pleaded.

"Stop lying to me, Lyra!" Bon Bon yelled. Bon Bon pulled off the engagement ring that Lyra gave to her from her hoof and threw it to the ground. Lyra was dead silent as she watched the ring bounced on the floor until it slowly stopped. "I thought getting married to you would be the best thing that could have ever happened to me, but I can't be married to some traitor!" Bon Bon then used her hooves to stomp on the ring until it broke into pieces. Lyra quickly ran out of the house while crying. She too removed her ring and threw it away. Lyra didn't know where to go as she was too upset to think. She then noticed a crowd of earth ponies were galloping towards her.

"Get out of town, you unicorn!" One of the earth ponies said as the crowd began to chase Lyra while throwing trash at her. Lyra had no idea what has gotten into everypony. Before the crowd was about to reach Lyra, she suddenly disappeared out of thin air.


Lyra slowly opened her eyes to see that she was on the outskirts of town.

"Lyra!" A voice said from behind. Lyra turned to see Minuette and some of the other unicorns who lived in Ponyville.

"Minuette?!" Lyra said in shock.

"Oh Lyra! Thank goodness you're safe!" Minuette said as she gave Lyra a hug. "All of the earth ponies in Ponyville began to run us out of town. I spotted you and we all used our magic to teleport away!" The other unicorns nodded in agreement.

"What is going on!?" Lyra demanded as confusion overwhelmed her so much that tears streamed down to her cheeks.

"We don't know either," Minuette replied. "we're going to Canterlot to seek refuge as the city is mostly made up of unicorns. We will combine all of our magic to teleport there." As all of the unicorns began to light up their horns, Lyra turned to the sight of Ponyville and thought about Bon Bon. Lyra had never seen Bon Bon act so angry before, especially towards unicorns. Lyra's only option was to go with the other unicorns in hopes of figuring out what was happening. She joined in with the other unicorns and they were all instantly teleported to one of the streets in Canterlot. Lyra saw that the streets were completely empty.

'This is getting out of hoof,' Lyra thought before she got startled when she heard an explosion. All of the unicorns turned to see a part of Canterlot Castle get destroyed by a massive beam of energy. Lyra shivered in fear as she thought there was another bad villain invading Equestria.

"We got to get out of here!" One of the unicorns yelled in panic. Lyra looked around until she spotted Princess Celestia's School of Gifted Unicorns was getting boarded up by other unicorns.

"Quickly! To the school!" Lyra yelled as she lead her unicorn friends towards the school.


It felt like a long time as Lyra and the other unicorns hid inside one of the classrooms. All of the windows were boarded up to prevent anything else from entering the school. Chancellor Neighsay was using a telescope to watch of the outside.

"There are several storm clouds appearing in the sky." Chancellor Neighsay informed.

"I bet those pegasai are the ones doing that." One unicorn said. "They're probably trying to cause a storm to mess with us." Some of the other unicorns agreed. Lyra didn't know what to say as a part of her was still worried about Bon Bon. Chancellor Neighsay looked outside again only to inform everypony that the Windigos have appeared.

"Fortify the shield around the school of magic!" One unicorn ordered. "We need to protect ourselves! It's all we can do!" Lyra and the other unicorns were about to leave to perform the spell until a small unicorn filly jumped on top of the front desk.

"Have we forgotten how the founders of Equestria defeated the Windigos?!" The filly yelled to get every unicorns' attention. When everpony was silent, the filly continued, "Earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasai becoming friends. We learned at Twilight's school that friendship is the most powerful magic there is!" All of the unicorns began to feel less scared as the unicorn filly continued with her speech.


When all three villains turned into stone, every creature cheered as they were victorious. Lyra hugged some of her unicorn friends in celebration.

"Lyra!" Lyra heard a familiar voice from the distance. She turned to see Bon Bon frantically looking around. "Lyra!" Bon Bon screamed once again in attempts to get Lyra's attention. Lyra felt relieved to see that Bon Bon was still safe and sound despite what had recently happened. Bon Bon spotted Lyra and hurried towards her. When Lyra saw Bon Bon's face, she suddenly remembered all of the harsh things that Bon Bon said before the earth ponies ran Lyra out of town. Lyra quickly used her horn to teleport away before Bon Bon reached the spot where the unicorn was. Bon Bon was completely confused as she just saw Lyra before she disappeared. Bon Bon ignored the cheers of victory from the other creatures as her only priority was finding Lyra.