• Published 28th May 2020
  • 915 Views, 17 Comments

Dōjutsu - Northguard



It's going to be a nice normal week at camp, right? Wrong. Something is happening to Twilight.

  • ...
6
 17
 915

Going to camp

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, CLICK

Twilight grunted as she rolled out of her bed and sat up on the floor. She reached for her glasses and put them on, but then everything became blurry. She took of her glasses again. Everything was clear and visible. She realized that whatever happened to her eyes it had fixed her vision as she no longer needed glasses, but when she looked at herself in a mirror she saw that her eyes had not returned to normal and probably never would. She put on the camping clothes and went to the bathroom. She brushed her hair in a way so that she could have hair cover her eyes while still being able to see through. Kinda like a one way mirror. While also being able to tie it in a ponytail.
She went downstairs and got herself some breakfast before leaving for school.

"Hey! Girls!" Twilight shouted as she came closer to the school.

"Hey Twilight!" all six of her friends shouted in unison.

When she came up to them they noticed that her hair was covering her eyes.

"Um...Twilight? Why are you covering your eyes like that?" Sunset asked as Twilight put down her luggage.

"I don't want to talk about it." Twilight said crossing her arms nervously.

"Oh. Darling your eyes isn't something you should cover up." Rarity said as she walked up to Twilight and started to reach towards Twilight's face to move the hair, but Twilight gently pushed it away.

"Don't." Twilight said as she turned to board the bus.

"That was weird." Rainbow Dash said.

"She has some sort of energy around her. This energy around her is powerful, but it's not equestrian magic." said a voice behind them.

The six girls looked behind them and saw a face they hadn't seen in a while.

"Adagio." Sunset groaned.

"What? I just wanted to make a point." Adagio said crossing her arms.

The two other former sirens joined Adagio as all the students boarded the bus. Sonata and Aria sat down at the row on the opposite side of Twilight while Adagio sat down next to Twilight. The main six sat on the row behind Twilight and The Dazzlings and they weren't happy, but before they could begin an argument or something Adagio spoke to Twilight.

"So Twilight, what caused you to want to cover your eyes?" Adagio asked, but Twilight didn't answer.

"Okay, maybe an introduction would be a better start. I'm Adagio Dazzle. Those two there are Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk." Adagio said gesturing towards her sisters. "Now we're going to say one thing we like and one thing we don't like and then you do the same. Think you can do that?" Adagio said.

Twilight took some time, but eventually nodded slowly.

"Good. I like singing, but I don't like to be ignored." Adagio said.

"I like action movies, but I don't like Sonata's babbling." Aria said

"I like Tacos, but I don't like Aria being a meanie." Sonata said.

Twilight sat silent for a little while and just before Sunset was about step in Twilight began to speak.

"I like books, but I don't like experiments going wrong." Twilight said.

"Was it a failed experiment that caused you to cover your eyes?" Adagio asked.

After a moment of silence Twilight nodded.

The main six's jaws dropped.

"Can you show me one of your eyes? The right one?" Adagio asked.

Twilight sat still for a minute, but eventually reached up to her hair. She pulled it slightly back so that Adagio could see it. Adagio's eyes widened slightly, but not much. After a few seconds Twilight let her hair fall back in front of her eye again.

"Oh my. That is a good reason to cover your eyes." Adagio said with a thoughtful look.

"Can you keep it secret?" Twilight half pleaded.

"I won't even tell it to my sisters. My lips are sealed." Adagio promised.

"Oh come on! You show it to one of the Dazzlings, but not to one of us?" Rainbow Dash said angrily.

"Sorry girls, but Adagio was just very persuasive." Twilight said with regret in her voice.

"It's okay Twilight. I think even I would have been persuaded by that." Sunset said giving a forgiving look.

"Thank you Sunset." Twilight said.

For the rest of the bus ride Twilight stayed silent. Only answering with body language.