• Published 28th May 2020
  • 915 Views, 17 Comments

Dōjutsu - Northguard



It's going to be a nice normal week at camp, right? Wrong. Something is happening to Twilight.

  • ...
6
 17
 915

Prologue: Mishap (Rewritten)

"Twilight? Are you sure this is a good idea?" Spike asked his owner as she was stood over a table of different chemicals and some blood samples.

"Of course I am Spike. If I wasn't sure it was safe I wouldn't be doing this." Twilight said as she flipped through a book.

A few days ago she noticed something weird about her family tree. Her great-great-great-great-grandfather was apparently of japanese descent, but she had found no record of him anywhere. This led to her trying out this DNA experiment.

“Do you really need to do such an experiment? I get it, your ancestor is shrouded in mystery, but he died long before your grandparents were born.” Spike argued as he didn’t trust the very sophisticated experiment.

“Yes, Spike. I want to know if I have actual Japanese descent or not. Now can you be silent for a second please? This part is very tedious. I need to have focus, so that I don’t make a mistake." Twilight answered, but when she was going to continue a loud knock came from her door, startling her and causing her to drop the vial she was holding.

"Twilight? It's time to go to bed or you're going to oversleep!" her father said on the other side of the door.

"Alright! I'll be out in a minute!" Twilight said and turned back to her experiment.

The second she did the whole room was engulfed in an orange flash as the whole experiment exploded. Twilight was thrown against the wall with heavy force and landed on the ground with a loud thud.

"TWILIGHT!" Spike shouted as he ran over to her.

"Ouch!" she groaned before her eyes landed on her dog, "Spike! Are you unharmed!?" Twilight shouted in worry, grabbing the dog and lifting him onto her lap.

"I'm okay Twilight, but I'm more concerned about you." Spike said as Twilight released him from an embrace.

"What? What happened?" Twilight asked curiously.

Spike ran out of the room and came back with a hand mirror a few minutes later. He gave it to Twilight who took a look at her reflection. Her face was covered with soot and her hair was smoking and some of it was singed because of the explosion, but what caught her attention was her eyes.

When she got a good look at them she blinked multiple times to check if her eyesight had been affected by the explosion, but when her eyes didn’t return to normal she let loose a scream that the neighbours would likely hear loud and clear, but that was the farthest thing from Twilight’s mind.

Shortly after the scream faded both of her parents and her brother came bursting through the door to see Twilight huddled up in a corner.

“Twily!” Shining Armour shouted in worry as he came up to his sister.

Twilight didn’t answer verbally, but her shaking and her eyes were enough of an answer for her older brother.

He bent down and embraced his sister while whispering reassuring words. Her parents watched, shaking with worry and fear. When Shining had gotten Twilight to calm down, he helped her up on her feet and not even seconds later Twilight had locked herself in a tight embrace with her mother who returned the embrace.

Twilight looked into her mother’s eyes with her own eyes purple with a ripple pattern of rings on them.

“I’m scared…” was all the girl said before she let loose an ocean of tears.