• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 1,487 Views, 62 Comments

Trixie's Tips - KingofBronies



Ever wanted to learn to do something? Well now your favorite show mare will try to show you how!

  • ...
0
 62
 1,487

Making a Sandwich

We join our beloved star in the center of a large set being broadcasted live in front of an audience. Our favorite show mare has fallen under some hard times thankfully a producer found her after she ran away from Ponyville and decided to make a show about her talents so that she could show everypony how to be as 'Great and Powerful' as her. Lights flashed upon the stage revealing her behind a counter in what looked to be a very standard kitchen set. Oven, pots pans and a fridge. It was nothing special. She was in front of a large studio audience. She was wearing her hat and cape as she usually did though she looked confused at her current location. An announcers voice was heard.

"Hello fillies and Gentlecolts! Welcome to Trixie's Tips! Here's your hostess, the Great and Powerful one herself! Trixie!" The audience stomped upon the end of her introduction.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie requires a stage of only the finest! What are you expecting me to do in this two bit kitchen?" The show mare demanded answers for the odd setting.

A voice echoed from a mic near over the stage. It was the boss! “Umm..Trixie, we were hoping that you would show our viewers how to make a sandwich.”

The Great and Powerful one was almost insulted by this command. “You expect me, a Great and Powerful master of the mystic arts to show these ponies how to make a sandwich? What kind of simpleton does not know how to craft such a thing?! This is a waste of m-”

Screen turns to black and fades out to a picture of Spike eating ice cream that says 'We'll be Right Back.' After a few moments we return back to viewing Trixie's show.

“Trixie already said, you called her for talents and Trixie is a skill magician and show mare! Why do you refuse to use her talents!?” the show mare whined.

“Sorry, Trixie, but we need you to make us a sandwich this episode, or I can't pay you.” The voice responded.

She knew better than to argue with the boss, no matter how much she wanted to, she just went with it because she needed the job. She would hold back for now. Though she did not try to hide her distaste for it in the slightest.

“Fine! I shall create this..food, but I shall create it with only an elegance that Trixie can add.” Trixie scoffed.

She trotted around the set looking for anything that she could use. Even in the fridge there was nothing except a piece of paper that read: IOU one stocked inventory of food- Boss. This aggravated her.

“Trixie cannot make a sandwich without the proper ingredients! There is nothing for me to use on this stage! Where did you put all of the food that was in the fridge!?” She yelled into the crowd.

“Oh wellll we had a party and it was short notice..We needed all of the food to make sandwiches plus we need more because Starshine forgot her lunch. Besides didn't you bring some ingredients from home?” the boss asked.

“No! Trixie was not informed that she would be creating a sandwich for the audience! She was told her talents were going to be used!” The unicorn yelled growing angrier by the second.

There was a short pause..Everyone was waiting the response of the boss. The audience was starting to wonder what the hay was going on.

“Well..Some would say sandwich making is a tal-”

“Silence, Trixie will not hear more of this nonsense! I am the Great and Powerful Trixie! Not the Grains and Oats Trixie! Do you expect the Trixie to carry around a saddlebag filled with bread, daisies and lettuce!?” It was day one and the show mare was already mad at her boss.

“Actually I thought you might carry it in your hat..”

The silver maned unicorn just face hoofed hard enough to kill a couple brain cells. She thought to herself, this was her boss..Ooooh Celestia what the hay did the show mare do to be put on this show..

“No, Trixie has no ingredients!” Her eye began to twitch in a fit of her growing rage. “If you do not wish to be part of the sandwich Trixie is making, Trixie suggest you go to the store and get her some bread and lettuce!” The actress commanded making jesters to get going.

“Ok...”

The boss complied sending his employes to fetch Trixie the materials needed for the art of sandwich craft. They were laid on the counter in front of her with magic as nopony wanted to get near the mare in her fit of rage, in fear of having their organs used as squeaky toys.

“Finally!” She sighed her mane was becoming a mess from all of this unnecessary frustration to create one of the simplest things.

She took out two slices of bread and a piece of lettuce. She levitated the piece of lettuce onto the slice and then placed the other on top of it. She stood on her hind legs making a very forced looking celebratory expression. She was too annoyed to add anymore pizazz.

“There, Trixie has finished this simple task with minimal effort. May Trixie go?” The relieved unicorn asked.

“Well you didn't explain the steps. You really should explain the steps.”

She blinked twice in rapid succession. “What?” She said with venom.

“The steps to make a sandwich, you just kind of made it you didn't really explain.”

Something cracked in the pony's head that second. “What kind of pony cannot follow the visual steps of making a sandwich?! Nopony is brain dead enough to require added assistance into making such a simple thing!” The looked of a very powerful anger lit her apparel on fire as well as her sandwich. She threw the charred sandwich at one of the cameras breaking it. She trotted off the stage mumbling curses to herself before yelling.

“Trixie expects her paycheck in full by the end of the week! She made the sandwich!” She slammed the exit door.

“Umm...Ok..That actually went better then expected..I think..”

“And that’s a wrap up everypony! Hope you learned a valuable lesson! Tune in next time for the next exciting Trixie's Tips!” The announcer ended.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, this is a new thing I'm trying. So I would really appreciate comments on how everypony thinks about it. Thanks in advance! Don't think this will replace any current works its just something fun I put together out of nowhere. Oh also suggestions on what Trixie should do next would be great!