• Published 6th Apr 2020
  • 5,180 Views, 37 Comments

A New Chance of Forgiveness - Twilight Star



Thanks to her change of heart inside the statue, Chrysalis was released from her statue prison. But Chrysalis feels doubtful if she will be forgiven by others after everything she has done to Equestria.

  • ...
10
 37
 5,180

Nuisances of the past

It was already dark, and Chrysalis couldn’t help noticing that the castle’s colors and decorations were quite different than the last time she invaded Canterlot with her ex-subjects. She wondered if it was Twilight who changed, or whether it was the princesses or one of Twilight’s friends. She left the castle and went to the garden. Even though she was happy living with Twilight in the castle, she wondered what she was going to do when Twilight was busy. Should she stay with Twilight in the throne room or should she stay somewhere in the castle or maybe in the garden? She really didn’t know.

She saw the statue of Cozy Glow and Tirek and approached it. She sat on her hips and watched them both. She felt sorry for them. Since they, with the exception of Chrysalis, remained statues. She wondered if they would ever show signs of forgiveness and be released from the prison of a statue like her.

She started to remember when the powers they absorbed with the bell had been taken away from them. Celestia and Luna didn’t know what they were going to do with her and the two, since the three caused the separation of the ponies and creature, resulting in Windigos even appearing due to the hatred that occurred between the races. But later, the ponies and creatures did made up and came together to defeat the Legion of Doom. Discord had suggested that the three be petrified, the two agreed and together with Discord, they used a petrification spell. The trio struggled not to be petrified, but their efforts were in vain and were petrified in different positions.

Chrysalis began to remember when Starlight had offered her hoof in friendship. And did she accept? No. Because she was blind with hate. Her ears went down as she looked to the side. She felt guilty for having felt hatred. If she had accepted Starlight’ friendship, she wouldn’t have been petrified for twenty years. She was about to close her eyes, but a voice stopped her.

“Chrysalis!”

Chrysalis’ ears perked up. She looked back and saw Gallus. “Come, Chrysalis. The dinner is ready.”

“I’m already going.” said Chrysalis.

When Gallus left, she looked at the petrified pair one last time before leaving the statuary garden.


Twilight and Spike were sitting at the dinner table, eating soup. She looked at the door as she wondered where Chrysalis was. Did Chrysalis decide to read in the library after they met in the throne room? She only hoped that Chrysalis was’t lost in the castle, since the castle was’t the same as before. Just imagining Chrysalis lost in the castle made her worried.

Twilight heard the sound of a door opening and saw Chrysalis at the door, looking at her. She smiled. “Chrysalis! You managed to find the dining room! Did you get lost? ”

“To tell you the truth, I did get lost. I was unable to find the dining room,” replied Chrysalis. “But Gallus came to me and asked if I was lost. I said yes and asked if he could guide me here. He did it with great pleasure. ”

Twilight Sparkle’s smile fell as she was confused. “But I’m not seeing Gallus with you.”

“It’s because he left as soon as we got very close to the door, Twilight.” explained Chrysalis with a smile.

Twilight returned to smile. “Makes sense.”

Chrysalis approached the table and sat next to Twilight. Although Chrysalis is happy with Twilight and is no longer petrified, she still felt guilty and wondered if her ponies and ex-subjects would forgive her.

Twilight noticed that Chrysalis didn’t even start eating the soup. She was worried. “Chrysalis? It’s all right?”

Chrysalis looked at Twilight Sparkle, still sad. “No. It is not alright.”

“What happened?” asked Twilight Sparkle as she was worried.

Chrysalis looked away, now uncertain. Should she tell?

Twilight, noting Chrysalis’ uncertainty, said, “Come on, Chrysalis. You don’t have to hide your feelings from me. I know something is bothering you.”

Chrysalis managed to smile a little and gain a little confidence with the comforting words of Twilight. “I’m feeling guilty about everything bad I did because of my hatred, Twilight.”

Twilight hugged Chrysalis with a wing. Twilight’s wing was very soft. “Is there anything else that bothers you?”

“Yes. I feel guilty for not accepting Starlight’s friendship offer,” replied Chrysalis. “If I had accepted, I wouldn’t have been petrified for twenty years.”

Twilight felt sorry for Chrysalis. Chrysalis continued. “If I hadn’t been so blinded by hate, none of this would have happened. I wouldn’t have come to you, Starlight and your friends in order to disguise myself as a photographer in order to take a picture of you and your friends and get a mane of hair in the interior In order to make evil clones of you and your friends to avenge me, I wouldn’t have joined ‘Grogar’ and wouldn’t try to dominate Equestria with Discord’s powers.”

Twilight Sparkle was confused by the second sentence. Chrysalis said clones of evil? “Wait. Did you disguise yourself as a photographer, take pictures of us and take a strand of mane from each of us to make clones of evil?”

“Yes. I said,” replied Chrysalis, now confused. “Didn’t you notice from the beginning that they were clones of evil?”

“No. I thought it was my true friends, but only with opposite behaviors and darker colors,” replied Twilight Sparkle. “I never imagined that you were planning your revenge when my friends and I were planning to make a camp near the Tree of Harmony.”

Chrysalis was unsure. “So you mean you’re mad at me and I won’t be able to stay at the castle anymore?”

Twilight Sparkle was surprised by the question. “What? No. I’m not mad at you. Just a little surprised.”

Chrysalis was relieved. But something came to her mind. “Where am I going to sleep?”

“You could sleep in the room with me,” replied Twilight Sparkle.

Chrysalis didn’t know why, but it made her blush. “I-in the room with you? But is the bed big enough for both of us?”

“Yes, Chrysalis. After we eat I will show you.” Twilight Sparkle returned to eating. Although Chrysalis still looks a little guilty for what she had done in the past, she started to eat.


Spike, Twilight and Chrysalis left the dining room. Spike intended to go to his room to sleep. Twilight intended to go to her room to show the bed to Chrysalis. Chrysalis wondered what the Twilight room would be like. What color would the bed be? The furniture? From the wall? And the floor?

Twilight opened a purple door with a pink doorknob with a six-pointed star design. Chrysalis couldn’t help but notice that the handle design reminded her of the Twilight Cutie Mark.

Twilight came in first, then it was Chrysalis. When Chrysalis entered, her mouth fell open as was the room. The bed was large, with a lilac blanket and pillow. It had a pink closet, a balcony, a purple side table with a purple lamp with a crescent moon design and the floor was lavender.

“Did you like the room, Chrysalis?” Twilight Sparkle asked as she approached Chrysalis. Chrysalis looked at Twilight with a smile.

“Yes, Twilight. I liked. It suits you a lot,” replied Chrysalis.

Twilight Sparkle blushed with praise. “Thank you, Chrysalis. Rarity helped me with the new decoration of the castle, especially in the bedrooms.”

“What are you going to do now, Twilight?” asked Chrysalis as she was curious.

“We can spend time together before going to sleep.” suggested Twilight Sparkle.

Chrysalis smiled. “It’s a good idea. But what are we going to do?”

“We can watch the stars for a few minutes.” Twilight approached the balcony and sat down. Chrysalis did the same.

Chrysalis, suddenly, felt being hugged by something. She looked down and saw Twilight’s huge wing hugging her. She didn’t know why, but she liked that wing hug.