• Published 11th Apr 2020
  • 2,263 Views, 10 Comments

Attack on Titan - Gojizilla54



When humanity is pushed to the brink of extinction, they live behind walls, protecting them. A group of friends join the military and go on adventures to take back on what was theirs.

  • ...
10
 10
 2,263

PreviousChapters Next
Whereabouts of His Left Arm: The Struggle for Trost, Part 5

They first appeared over a hundred years ago. Giant, humanoid creatures with a taste for our blood. The brute strength of these aberrations was more than a human many times over. Humanity was shoved to the brink of extinction almost overnight. The survivors erected Walls: Maria, Rose, and Sina, withdrawing numbers behind them in relative safety for a hundred years. And then...



The Titan assault on Trost left us reeling. Military causalities were profound, owing at least in part to the Scout Regiment's absence at the time. Ironically, they'd embarked on a reconnaissance mission beyond the wall that very morning."


A few hours earlier

Before Colossal attack

"Heads up! The main unit of the Scout Regiment is back!" shouted a male civilian

Commander Erwin Smith was riding through the streets with a white horse.

"That's right, Commander Erwin! You give those ugly bastards a thrashing!" yelled another male civilian.

Eren and his friends watch as the Scouts leave.

"Look! It's Captain Levi!" yelled a third one.

"They say he's like an entire brigade unto himself," said a fourth one.

Levi was riding next a woman with light brown eyes, long dark brown hair, and wearing square rimmed glasses.

"Spare me please," said Levi quietly.

"That scowl will crush your fans," said the woman. "Not that it's any of my business, but from a public relations standpoint you might want to lighten up."

"Whatever Hange," said Levi rolling his eyes.

"The threshold of Titania! Can't you just envision the horrors in store for us, comrades?" Hanje asked. "If we bag an Abnormal, I'll burst with tears of joy!

"I think we've bagged an abnormal already," said Levi.

"Seriously? Where?" she asked looking around.

Levi placed his on top of Hange's head, grabbed her hair and directed to his face.

"Right here," said Levi.

"Move out!" yelled Erwin.

Then, all of the Scouts started to exit the Trost District.


The Scout Regiment's primary function is to conduct reconnaissance beyond the walls and to establish bases of expansion acting as a spearhead for human knowledge. Thanks to the ingenuity of its exemplary numbers, the regiment's survival rates have improved. They said, excursions into long relinquished territory still commonly result in a death toll exceeding 30%, a stark illustration of the disparity between our strength and that of the Titans.


A Titan was chewing on a male Scout soldier, half inside the Titan's mouth.

"One day, one day..." said the Scout. "You'll all just a bad memory. Mankind will destroy all of you! Mark my words. the last ones standing will be us!"

The Scout then stabbed the Titan's cheek. The Titan then bit down on the soldier, blood spurred everywhere, and the Scout screamed in pain.

"Gorge while you can, you bastard," muttered the Scout. "Just wait until Captain Levi arrives!"

Then, a wire flies across the Titan's nape and the hook latches on to a tower. Then, a figure slices the Titan's nape, Levi spun around and looked at the Titan as it fell to the ground, dead. Levi then looked in the distance.

"One on the right, two in the left," said Levi.

Then, a female Scout soldier with light amber eyes and light ginger hair landed next to Levi, along with two other Scouts.

"Captain! The reinforcements are here, sir!" she yelled.

"Good. Tend to our comrade below, Petra," said Levi. "You two, take the out Titan to your right. The pair on the left belongs to me."

"Captain!" called Petra.

Levi took off the started swinging right towards the pair of Titans. On the right, a Titan pounced on two Scouts. The two of them dodge it and the Titan crashed into a building. Then, Hange started swinging towards the Titan and landed on a roof behind it. The Titan looked behind.

"Don't be scared, big guy!" shouted Hange. "I won't hurt you. Cross my heart and hope to die!"

The Titan attempted to grab Hange, but she quickly got out of the way. Hange then wrapped around the Titan.

"Points for try, but you're a little slow on the uptake," said Hange.

Hange then reeled towards the Titan's nape and sliced it, killing it. She landed and and had blood on her cape. The blood then evaporated.

"See? Bet you barely felt a thing," said Hange.

Levi got close to the pair as he swung from building to building.

"I know you probably can't help being hideous," said Levi as he landed on a roof walking towards the pair.

One the pair saw Levi and attempted to grab him. Levi hopped of the roof and latched onto a nearby tower, wrapping around the Titan. Levi then sliced the Titan's nape, landing on top of the tower and immediately hopped off to the second one. Levi threw his blades into the Titan's eyes. The Titan roared in pain as Levi landed on top of its head.

"Easy, big stuff," said Levi. "Otherwise slicing your flesh could be very messy.

Levi took out a pair of blades. He then jumped from the Titan's head and started spinning, and sliced its nape. Levi then got up to a roof and looked at his handle and hand, which was covered in blood.

"Shit, it's disgusting," said Levi in disgust.

He then started cleaning the handle and his hand.


On the ground, Petra was tending to the fatally wounded Scout solider. Levi walked towards them and looked down at both of them.

"Captain," said Petra. "I can't stop the bleeding."

The Scout lied on the ground with blood coming from his mouth. Petra cover a cloth over the wound of the Scout.

"Captain... Levi..." muttered the Scout.

Levi squatted next to the dying the Scout.

"I'm here," said Levi.

"Did this make a difference? Was I helpful?" the Scout asked. "Please, sir. I don't want to die without helping mankind.

Levi grabbed his bloody hand as the Scout started to slowly die.

"You did a great job today, solider," replied Levi. "And you will keep doing it. Your strength won't die with you. The torch will be carried on by me This I swear on my very life. The Titans will be eradicated!

The Scout lets out his last dying breath and closed his eyes as he died.

"Captain," said Petra. "He's already... dead."

"Did the man hear what I had to say?" asked Levi.

Petra looked at the dead Scout soldier.

"Yes, he did," she replied. "I think he heard all of it. Look at him. That's a face at peace."

"We can hope," said Levi getting up.

Then, Levi heard someone coming behind him. He turned around and saw Commander Erwin coming in his direction.

"Levi!" called Erwin. "We're pulling out."

Petra got up in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Levi asked. "You damn well know that we can push further! My men didn't die to pave our retreat!"

"There's a swarm of Titans moving north bearing down on the city," Erwin replied.

Petra gasped in horror as Levi had a scowl on his face.

"It's just like five year ago. Something's happening to the city," said Erwin. "The wall may have already been reduced to rubble."


"Damn you," said Eren. "Damn you."

Eren's left hand was then bitten off. He then woke up and looked around. He and wondered where he was, it only had the color red. Eren looked to see all the lifeless soldiers floating around. Eren gasped in horror at the sight of heads, arms, legs, and torsos floating around. Eren screamed in horror has he backed up.

"This... This isn't real!" whimpered Eren. "We were ready. We were different from five years ago. We trained hard. We hit the books and learned. So we knew how to beat them. And know hot to survive."

"Help me. It's so hot," whispered a dying soldier.

Eren looked back to see a his mother's head floating around. He then remembers all the good times he had with his mother before it was taken away.

"Mom... Mom..." muttered Eren.

"Help me," whimpered the dying soldier.

Then the head started to sink down.

"How has it come to this?" wondered Eren. "Why has everything been taken from us? Our lives. Our dreams. Everything."

Tears started wield up in Eren's eyes and started to stream down Eren's face.

"Damn you. Damn you all to hell!" cried Eren as he reaches towards the Titan's throat with his missing left arm.

"I refuse to die like this!" declared Eren. "I'll drive them all out! Kill them with my bare hands! Do you hear me? WITH MY BARE HANDS!!!"

Then, suddenly, an enormous hand exploded out the Titan's mouth, causing it to stumble, before falling face first. As the Titan lied on the ground, Eren emerges in Titan form, causing the back of the Titan to burst. Blood splattered across a nearby wall. Eren's Titan lets out a loud roar. Eren's Titan decapitates the Titan that ate him. Then, a smaller Titan started walking towards him. He then started walking towards the smaller Titan.

"I'll drive you out," said Eren. "This isn't your world."

The smaller Titan then jumps at Eren. He punched the smaller Titan's mouth, damaging its head enough to kill it.

"I'll kill every last one of you," said Eren.

The smaller Titan fell to the ground as it lied their motionless. He starts stomps on the deceased Titan's head repeatedly.

"More. More. I'll kill more of them," said Eren. "More. A whole lot more of them."


"I'll kill them all," whispered Eren smiling.

Armin sits next to Eren with horror in his face.

"Eren," called Armin.

Eren looked up and was shocked to see the amount of Garrisons surrounding all three of them.

"Eren?" called Mikasa.

"You alright? Can you move?" asked Armin. "Look at me, Eren. Listen, you've got to tell them everything! They'll understand!"

"Armin," called Eren.

"Did you catch that?" asked a male Garrison.

"He said he'll kill us all," replied another male Garrison.

"There's not much else you can make of that," said a third one. "Son of a bitch wants to eat us. You watch!"

Eren looked around in utter confusion.

"What the hell are they talking about?" questioned Eren. "What is this ? Why are all their blades pointed at us? Those are meant for taking down Titans. What's going on? And what's with that look?"

Kitz Woermann stood behind the Garrison in fear.

"Are they terrified of me?" he wondered.


Inside Wall Rose

The rest of the cadets were resting on benches, relaxing and were trying to take their mind off of the first battle.

"I want all you cadets on standby!" yelled a male Garrison. "Look sharp!"

"I tell you. If we hadn't found the gas, we have never gotten out of Trost," said Conny.

"That shit was scary, considering the fact we almost died," said Indigo Zap.

"That sounds terrible," said Christa.

"Well, have you been listening to the story?" groaned Sour Sweet.

Christa looked at Sour Sweet, who then smiled at Christa.

"Oh, sorry I didn't mean to offend you," said Sour Sweet in a kind voice.

Before Christa could say anything, Sugarcoat broke in.

"Excuse her Christa, she tends to change moods often,' said Sugarcoat.

Christa nodded and turned around to Conny.

"We volunteered to run supplies out to everyone, but the situation was so bad," said Christa.

"Well, at least we're all alive for I care about," said Sunny Flare.

"We'd even found some gas we were going to dole out to you guys but..." said Ymir.

Then, Christa broke in.

"So, you're saying everyone who isn't here now didn't survive," said Christa

"Yeah," replied Conny.

"What about Mikasa?" asked Ymir.

"She's good," replied Conny. "I thought she made it in after us with the group Jean led."

'Hey, Jean!" called Ymir. "Mikasa got hurt or something?"

Jean gave no response to Ymir, he just sat on the bench with Reiner, Bertholdt, and Annie.

"Hey, talk to us," said Conny.

Jean drank some water and started talking.

"I'd tell you if I could. They slapped us with a gag order," said Jean.

"A gag order?" asked Conny.

"What the... that's nuts," said Ymir.

"They're nuts if they think people aren't going to talk," said Jean. "Word will get out and it's for everyone to know... Well, that's it, if we survive."

"Hey, where are the other girls?" asked Christa.

"They're over there," replied Conny pointing to Sunset Shimmer and the rest.


On top of the wall, Hannes looked down at the mass horde of Titan below.

"You've got to hand it to the Engineering Corps of putting the heap of rancid Titan corpses to goo use," said Hannes. "Still just a barricade, though. We can't get too comfortable. Stay on your toes. Whatever happens next, it's bound to happen here. This is the proverbial line in the sand."

Then, Hannes looked at a male Garrison next to him.

"Something wrong?" he asked.

"No, sir," replied the male Garrison. "My apologies. I completely agree. I'm just a little preoccupied about my friends in the vanguard. There was a messenger on the way to HQ with this look in his face."

"I know," said Hannes. "Difficult as it may be, you've got to stay focused on what's here in front of us."

"It it true what they say about you saving those kids five years ago, sir?" asked the male Garrison. "They're cadets now, right? Won't they be at the vanguard, too?"

"That's right," replied Hannes.

"I'm really sorry, sir," apologized the male Garrison. "Don't know why I felt the need to bring it up."

"They're good," said Hannes. "Some tough little bastards. Believe me, they know what it takes to stay alive. Two of them is just about the best fighter I've ever seen. Two of them possesses loads of inner strength. The other two is a certifiable genius. One of them is extremely shy. One is has a crave for fashion. Two of them possess strong leadership. And one of them has excitement everywhere. They'll all be fine."


On the other side, Mikasa, Eren, and Armin have not moved from their spot as multiple Garrisons surrounded them.

"Cadets Eren Jaeger, Mikasa Ackerman, and Amin Arlelt!" shouted Woermann. "The three of you have jointly committed an act of high treason! Whether nor not a swift execution is the result depends on you!"

Eren looked at Woermann with confusion.

"Any attempt to move from where you stand anything I deem the least bit suspicious, will be met with cannon fire," warned Woermann. "Do not test me!"

"What," mumbled Eren.

"Answer carefully, Eren Jeager. What exactly are you?!" asked Woermann. "Human?! Or Titan?!"

"Wh... What is that that suppose to mean?" Eren questioned. "Why are they glaring at me like that? It's like they're looking at a monster. Oh god, is that what they think?"

The Garrison watched in fear at Eren.

"I'm sorry, sir!" apologized Eren. "I don't understand!"

"Son of a bitch is playing innocent," said Woermann. "Answer me, you monster! Don't try to stall with pretend ignorance! You won't stand a chance! You'll be blown to hell before you can assume your true form!"

"What true form?" asked Eren.

"Please! Scores of us saw it happen! You emerged from the carcass of a fallen Titan in full view of your comrades!" shouted Woermann. "We've let a strange creature like you slip through and infiltrate Wall Rose. Under the circumstances, even though your a sanctioned soldier by His Majesty you all risk I am well within my rights to eliminate! I will not let the situation stand! Every moment I squander mulling over your supposed innocence puts you all in further jeopardy from attack by the Armored Titan! Do you understand?! I can't waste any more time or manpower on you! My conscience will not falter to watch you die!"

"As soldiers, they all know the price of their positions," said a female Garrison with platinum blond hair, sliver eyes, and wearing glasses. "If they're this committed to defiance under threat of dead, so be it. They won't wont be persuaded. And as you say, it's just a waste of time."

"Sir, please! This may be our best chance!" shouted a male Garrison. "We'll expand far less artillery if he's in human for!'

Mikasa then walked forward with an angry glare on her face and taking out two swords.

"Excuse me!" she shouted. "I wouldn't. Not while I'm standing here. Unless anyone's feeling up to the task, in which case, well, I'm happy to demonstrate my techniques on you. And every last inch of your traitorous flesh."

"Sir, Mikasa Ackerman was assigned to the elites fresh out of training," said Ian. "Equal to a hundred soldiers, easily. If we lose her, it'd be quite the tragedy."

"Guys, can somebody talk to me now. what the hell is going on?" asked Eren.

"Mikasa! You can't fight against humans!" warned Armin. "Inside the Walls, there's nowhere left for you to run!"

"Whoever comes at Eren deals with me," said Mikasa. "i'll take on the entire regiment if I have to. This isn't the only way!"

"We need to just talk it out," said Armin. "They don't understand what's happening! They're all just scared."

While in the back, Eren was trying to process what Woermann asked him.

"Am I the only one here who doesn't think I'm a Titan?" questioned Eren. "Dammit! Why can't I remember how I got here? I'm too weak to stand up. And if I'm say the wrong thing... Is this it for me? Killed by people? What was that he said about me coming out of a Titan carcass in front of everyone? Is he insane? Why is on one making any sense? That was all just a dream. Or... If not... My sleeve. Does it mean my arm grew back?"

Eren looked at his arm and wondered.

"Am I really one of them?" he questioned. That's not possible. What happened to me? Why?"

"ONE MORE TIME!!!" yelled Woermann. "Are you a human being or a Titan?!"

Both Mikasa and Armin looked at Eren. Eren then remembers the childhood memories had had with Armin, Mikasa, Sunset Shimmer, Starlight Glimmer, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, and Rarity.

"I don't know what to say," he thought. "My life's not the only one at stake. I am..." No, I've always been one of you.

"I'M HUMAN," shouted Eren at the top of his lungs.

Everything fell to silence at Eren's response.

"So you say," said Woermann. "Forgive me."

He then started to lifted his arm, alerting everyone including Ian, Armin, Mikasa, and Eren.

"I'm left with no choice. When push comes to shove, all of us are monsters," said Woermann.

Woermann raised his arm and on top of the wall two Garrisons placed the firing pen in the cannon. Mikasa turned to Armin and Eren.

"Eren! Armin!" she called. "Head for the wall!"

"Wait! No!' yelled Eren.

Mikasa garbs Eren and started to run away. Then the necklace that contained the key appeared in front of Eren. Then, Eren remembers something.

"Eren. Behave while I'm gone and I'll let you in on what I've been doing in the cellar," said his father.

Eren then recalls another memeory.

"Listen to me. It's vital that you keep this key on you all times," said his father. "Whenever you look at it, let this thought flood over you. "I must return to the cellar."

Eren then remembers his father giving the injection.

"i'm going to give you a little something to make you forget for the time being," said his father in tears. "I'm sorry. You won't remember any of my explanation. When the time comes, know that you must reclaim Wall Maria and head for the cellar. I know what I'm doing is for the best. When the ability confuses you, let their memories ac as your guide. EREN!!!"

Eren then wrestles with Mikasa causing her to let Eren go.

"One day, the truth will come out. I swear to you!"

Eren started running towards Armin and Mikasa started to run after him.

"The journey will be a painful one. But it is yours to make!"

Woermann lowered his hand and the cannon fired.

"Mikasa's life. Armin's life. Everyone's life hinges on your being to control this power!"

Eren grabbed both Mikasa and Armin next to him. The cannon ball got closer to them and was about to hit them. Eren, placed his left hand in his mouth and clamped on his mouth. Eren bit down on his hand hard enough for the skin to break and blood to spurt out of his hand. Then, a large burst of light and lightning strikes erupted where Eren and his friends were stood. The the light forced the Garrison to shield their eyes. A giant rib cage formed around Mikasa and Armin. Then a giant hand made out of muscle formed at the direction of the cannonball. The cannonball struck the giant hand, blowing it up.


The blast was loud enough for Hannes to turn around, who was on the side and saw the smoke trail from the other side.


A huge trail of smoke was close to the stationed cadets. Jean and the rest of the girls looked at the smoke billowing up where Eren and the others were.

"What in tarnation was that?" asked Applejack.

"I hope Eren and the other are okay," said Fluttershy.


Woermann, Ian, and the other Garrisons were shielding their faces and looked at the smoke.

"I we get him?" asked Woermann.

Mikasa and Armin were huddled safety inside the rib cage. As the smoke started to clear everyone gasped in horror at the sight.

"Dear god," muttered Woermann.

Then, Eren had partially transformed into half a Titan, the left side was more constructed with muscles formed, a neck, an eye, as well as the arm, which was blown off from the elbow. The Garrisons gasped and screamed in horror at the sight.

PreviousChapters Next