• Published 11th Apr 2020
  • 2,233 Views, 10 Comments

Attack on Titan - Gojizilla54



When humanity is pushed to the brink of extinction, they live behind walls, protecting them. A group of friends join the military and go on adventures to take back on what was theirs.

  • ...
10
 10
 2,233

PreviousChapters Next
That Day: The Fall of Shiganshina, Part 2

They first appeared over a hundred years ago, giant humanoid creatures with a taste for our blood. They were more powerful than humans. Humanity was immediately shoved to the brink of extinction almost overnight. The survivors built three walls: Maria, Rose, and Sina withdrawing behind them and frightened huddles for what was to be a century of uneasy peace and then...



The streets of Shiganshina was in ruins. Severed hands and legs laid on the streets. Mice started to eat at the limbs. A crow lands next to a severed hand and starts to nibble on it.

“Till that time I had been a wretched soul, and wholly giv’n to greed! Now, as thou see’st, I’m punished for it here! What Avarice doth is here made manifest in this purgation of converted souls. Nor bath this Mount a penalty more bitter!” yelled the priest.

Many civilians were still running, as many Titan entered the gate. The priest continues to read from the book, as many citizens were getting grabbed and devoured alive. A woman ran in an alley into a dead end. She covers her mouth to keep quiet until a giant shadow appeared over her. She looks up to see a Titan looking at here. The Titan grabbed the woman by the head as she screams.

“LET ME GO!!!” she screamed. Her shoe then falls to the ground.

The priest continues to read off his book, as more civilians were running and more Titans continue to enter into Shiganshina.

“O Avarice! Thou hast to thyself so drawn my race, that ev’n for its own flesh it careth not! What more canst thou do with us?!” yelled the priest.

Then a shadow appeared next to the priest. He looks to see a Titan looking at him. The Titan grabs the priest.

“O Avarice! Thou hast to thyself…” said the priest, until a loud crunch was heard as his book falls into a small pool of blood.


On the other side, the evacuation continued and Hannes continued to carry Eren and Mikasa to the other side of town. Then, Eren snaps from his daze after watching event and punches Hannes in the back of the head.

“Dammit stop!” yelled Hannes.

“You son of a bitch! We could’ve save her, we almost had her out! Why did you come?!” cried Eren as he elbowed Hannes head.

“I told you to stop, goddammit!” yelled Hannes as he throws Eren to the ground.

“Eren!” called Mikasa as she wriggles out of Hannes arm and runs towards Eren.

Eren got up and looked back at Hannes with anger in him. Hannes walked towards Eren and Mikasa.

“Look, there’s nothing you could’ve done to save your mother, you’re a kid you lack in strength,” Hannes explained.

Eren’s face is filled in anger as he begins to tear up. He attempted to punch Hannes square in the face, but he catches the punch with his arm.

“And I’m worst, I couldn’t stand up to the Titan,” said Hannes as tears started to wielded up in his eyes.

“Your mother died cause I’m a goddamn coward!” he cried.

Eren’s hand stopped and tears started to stream down. Hannes then gets up and grabs both Eren and Mikasa’s hand.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered.

As the three started to walk towards the gate, Eren let out all his emotions and started to cry harder. Mikasa grabs her head as she remembered a man and woman, she then looks back.

“It’s happening again,” she thought.

Near the gate a civilian trips and a Titan behind him grabs him and devours him. The Titans continued to feast on the civilians as they were running towards the gate.

“Hurry! To the inner gate!” yelled Hugo. “Escape aboard the boats there! Hurry Before you get eaten!”

On the other side of the gate a bunch of civilians were on the dock waiting for the next boat. A boat then starts to sail off.


City districts like Shiganshina that stick out in vital spots along the wall, served to attract the Titans and streamline security costs and troop numbers. Performing true to its role as a Titan target. Shiganshina had but one inner gate through which it’s citizens could flee.


A bag was then thrown off the boat.

“Discard your belongings! Let as many people on as possible!” ordered a male Garrison.

On the boat, Armin was on the the port side of boat looking at the civilians. Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Twilight Sparkle sat next to Armin, while Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Starlight Glimmer, and Sunset Shimmer were looking at the civilians.

“Are we playing I spy?” asked Pinkie.

“Pinkie, in bad situations you make a weird time to play games,” said Applejack.

“A talent of mine,” smiled Pinkie.

Armin continued to look at the growing crowd of people on the dock.

“You should sit Armin,” said his grandfather.

“I know, just keeping an eye out for Eren and Mikasa,” answered Armin.

“I spy with my little eyes, Eren and Mikasa!” yelled Pinkie Pie.

Armin looked at the direction where Pinkie saw and saw a Eren and Mikasa boarding the boat.

“There they are,” said Armin.

Before Armin could signal them, he noticed a devastated look on Eren’s face.

“I wouldn’t try to call them, give them space, God only knows what they’ve just seen,” explained his grandfather.

“Ohhh, poor Eren,” moaned Pinkie. “Maybe he needs a party after this evacuation!”

Sunset, Starlight, Twilight, Applejack, and Rainbow rolled their eyes at Pinkie’s response.

On the other side, civilians continued to run towards the gate. Hugo starts to back up towards the gate.

What are you dawdling for?! Hurry the hell up!“ he demanded. “Get those cannons loaded!”

In the distance, a Titan appeared and started to walk towards the gate.

“Hurry! They’re closing in!” he yelled.

As civilians continued to run, several Garrisons and cannons start to move up. Hannes appeared in an alleyway, breathing heavily and runs off.

On the dock, the boat started to fill up quickly. Many civilians were on the boat terrified.

“This can’t be for real...Please, God...Please. God...Please God…” prayed a civilian on the boat.

Then the the Garrisons lifted the ramp. Many civilians were horrified and started trying to break through.

“Hey! What are you doing?!” asked a civilian.

“It’s at full capacity! It has to leave!” he yelled.

“No! Please! At least let our children on!” pleaded a woman.

“I’m sorry but we can’t!” he yelled. “Get going!”

The boat started to sail off. Many people ran through and made desperate leaps for the boat. A civilian grabs on the side, while another fell into the river.

On the other side, loud cannon fire was heard alerting all the civilians. A Titan started waking towards the gate as a cannonball missed it’s target.

“You idiot! Where are you aiming at?!” yelled Hugo.

“Sir, these aren’t accurate to aim with!” yelled a male Garrison.

“Don’t give me attitude!” Hugo yelled. “Reload the goddamn cannon!”

“There’s no point!” he yelled.

Then, the gate started to lower down. Hugo and the other looked back.

“The inner gate,” he muttered. “I’m not getting left behind!”

He started to run towards the gate and another followed him.

“Hey!” Hugo called.

Inside the gate, two Garrison turned a wheel to lower the gate.

“Wait, are you out of your mind?!” yelled Hannes.” There are still lots of people in there!”

“We can’t let any Titans through the inner gate,” explained the male Garrison. “Mankind will be forced to withdraw to the next wall.”

“Listen to yourself, we’re soldiers there no reason to leave these people to die!” yelled Hannes.

Then, two Garrison soldiers run towards the gate.

“WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!” he asked.

“THE TITANS ARE CLOSING IN!!” warned the other.

“THAT DOES IT BRING IT DOWN!!” the Garrison ordered.

The gate continues to be lowered more quickly.

“Stop!” yelled Hannes as he started waking towards the soldier.

The two Garrisons behind Hannes held him back.

“Let go of me!” he demanded.

Then, a loud sound was heard in the distance, forcing everyone to stop. The sound was loud that the other side could hear. Eren looked up, but to only listen in terror. Hugo heard the sound getting closer and closer.

Then, a fairly large and muscular Titan with white hair, white eyes and was covered in armored plates head to toe appeared. The Titan stood and looked straight at the gate. The soldiers in front of it backed up as they stared, to scared to move. The Titan took a step back and takes a stance. It lifted its feet and started to run, full speed at the gate.

“What the hell,” Hugo muttered as the Titan got closer.

“FIRE!!” yelled Hugo.

All the cannons fired at the Titan. One of the cannonball hits the Titan in the right shoulder, but it didn’t bother it or left a mark on its armored body.

“What?!” yelled Hugo.

“No effect?!” questioned a Garrison next to Hugo.

The Titan continued to run passing a smaller Titan with speed.

“We’ve got to get the hell out of here!” yelled the Garrison as he ran towards the gate.

All of the Garrison turned around and started running towards the gate.

“RETREAT, RETREAT! SHUT THE GATE NOW!!!” yelled Hugo. “A TITAN IS COMING! HURRY SHUT THE GATE!”

The Titan started to increase its speed as it got closer to the gate, tearing through houses. Then, the Titan bum rushed the gate, destroying it and lifting many Garrisons into the air. The Titan planted its right foot and started to slide and stopping. Behind the Titan was a huge hole and a huge dust trail.

Two Garrison and Hannes saw the Titan in front of them. Hannes looked in horror at the huge hole.

“Oh... God,” he muttered.

The Titan lifted its head up and lowered its mouth plate, releasing a trail of steam. On the boat, everyone, including Eren witnessed in horror and shock in Wall Maria's fall.


Within hours of the fall of Shiganshina on the south side of Wall Maria, news of the incident had reached every city inside human territory.


Trost District

South Side of Wall Rose

Inside a building, several men converse about the news of Shiganshina.

“Is it true the Titans have overrun Shiganshina?! I can’t believe this?! The walls have held strong for a century! Why now?!” asked a man. “Whether we believe it or not. The fact is that refugees have fled here by boat!”

“Reports say there are five hundred on board,” said a bald man with a gray beard.

“The question is if Shiganshina is all that was affected...” said a man with blond hair and beard.

“But surely they couldn’t have gotten through the Wall Maria as well?” assured a man with brown hair and mustache.

Then, there was a long silence until the man with blond hair broke the silence.

“In any event, we must contact the central government and request instructions. This crisis is far too much for us to handle on our own,” explained the man with blond hair.

Then, a soldier barged in the room and panting heavily.

I’m sorry to interrupt! A courier horse has just arrived! Titans have breached Wall Maria and entered it’s interior!” yelled the soldier.

Everyone in the room was shocked and horrified to hear the news of Wall Maria.


Wall Maria

In Wall Maria, countless Titans starts to breach the wall. Hannes looked in horror at the Titans on the roof, as blood trailed the side of his head.

“This is the end,” he whispered.

On the boat, people including Eren watched in despair as Wall Maria had fallen to the Titans.

“The Titans are going to devour humanity again,” whispered a male civilian. “This is the end.”

As all the civilians prayed on the boat, Eren has a flashback of his last time with his family, witnessed the previous event.

”I’ll...never see that house...ever again…,” Eren though crying. “Why was I such a brat, why did I argued or no reason like that?! Why was that all I could do?! And now mom’s gone! She’s never coming back! Why…?!”

He then remembers what Hannes said to him earlier.

“There’s nothing you could’ve done for her you understand.”

“It’s because I’m weak, every human is a damn coward,” he though.

Eren looks at the bruised right palm as a tear drops from his face into its center. His eyes change and he clenches it into a fist. Stands up and walks to the side of the boat.

“I’m... going to...,” Eren said angrily.

“Eren?” called Mikasa.

Armin comes and grabs Eren by the shoulder.

“What’s wrong Eren?” Armin asked.

Eren shoves him off.

“Eren?” called Armin.

Pinkie came along and grabbed Eren’s arm.

“It’s okay Eren, we can a party after this,” said Pinkie.

Eren yanked his arm and shoved Pinkie out of his way, causing Pinkie to fall.

“What’s wrong with you?” she asked.

The rest of the girls followed Armin and looked at the angry Eren.

Eren slammed both of his hands on the port side of the boat.

“I’m going to put a stop to this, I’ll drive them out, I’ll drive them out... every last one,” he declared in tears.


The same year, the central government made the decision to withdraw all of humanity’s domain behind Wall Rose. An estimated 10,000 people were eaten by Titans during this time.


In a forest, a courier was running really fast. Grisha Jaeger was riding it the forest fast as he could.

“Eren... Carla... Mikasa, please be alive,” he said as tears started to stream down.


On a pitch black night, a flame was the only thing that was bright.

“Eren! Eren! Eren! Eren!” called his father.

“Dad! Stop, Dad!” yelled Eren.

On Grisha’s hand was a syringe.

“What are you trying to do?!” Eren asked.

“Just give me your arm!” he demanded.

“No! You’re insane! Mom’s death has made you go crazy!“ Eren yelled

Then, a key is shown spinning in the darkness

“Shut up!” he yelled. “This is for your own sake!”

Grisha then injected Eren with the syringe.

“What are you talking about?!” Eren screamed and grabbing the dirt.

“Listen! Don’t forget the key! You must reach it! Until… you learn… the truth someday…!” he yelled.

Then, a key is dropped and Eren wakes up from his nightmare to the sound of bells, in the warehouse of a building.

“It’s okay, you were just dreaming,” assured Mikasa.

“I feel like I just saw Dad,” he said grabbing his head.

“Nightmare, shake it off,” said Mikasa.

“Yeah,” Eren agreed.

He takes his hand from his head and realizes he’s wearing a necklace with a key around his neck.

“Let’s go,” said Mikasa standing up. “They’re handing out food rations

Eren tucks the key inside his shirt, gets up and begins to walk outside of the building.

“Apparently this was their food storehouse,” explained Mikasa. “Now, they gathered all the boat refugees here.”

Eren creates a visor with his hand and is surprised at the amount of civilians present. A long line was at the stand as a male Garrison handed out bread to a young girl with blonde hair.

“Hey! Get in line, will ya?!” yelled a male civilian.

“Shut Up! I ain’t eaten anything since last night!” yelled another male civilians.

Both of them start to fight as many looked.

“We can’t say we’ve survived just yet,” said Mikasa.

“Eren! Mikasa!” called Armin running towards them with bread in his hands.

“Armin,” called Eren. “Where are the other girls?”

“Right behind,” said Sunset Shimmer.

“Here! My grandpa got us some by saying it was for children,” said Armin offering Eren and Mikasa bread.

“That was nice of him,” said Mikasa.

Eren looked and saw a Garrison behind Armin and the girls in disgust.

“What the hell is his problem?” asked Eren angrily.

“You can’t blame him. There are just too many refugees. There was already a food shortage going on, plus the people here aren’t treated as well as citizens on the outer wall,” explained Armin.

That would explain the amount of people fighting one piece of bread,” said Rainbow Dash pointing.

A group of civilians were fighting over a piece of bread while two male Garrisons watch.

“Why should we have to give our food to some animals?” asked the Garrison. If they Titans got through the wall, they could’ve at least eaten some more people, if you ask me!”

Eren started walking towards them in anger.

“Eren!” called Armin.

“This is just gonna make the good shortage even worse,” said the Garrison.

Eren went up to the Garrison and kicked him in the shin.

The Garrison hissed in pain and looked at Eren.

“You picked the wrong man asshole!” yelled the Garrison as he punches Eren.

The other Garrison kicks Eren to the ground.

“You don’t know what it’s like! cried Eren. “You’ve never seen it! You’ve never seen what the Titans do to people!”

“Shut up!” yelled the Garrison walking towards Eren.

Armin then steps between the Garrison and Eren, while the girls check on Eren.

“I apologize! He’s just hungry and irritable! That’s why he so rudely lashed out at an adult, I’m very sorry!” assured Armin.

The Garrison realized that he is now the center of the attention.

“Man... It’s ‘cause of us that you guys aren’t starving to death. You know!” he yelled walking away. “Even you kids oughta be thankful to us!”

“Of course,” Armin said.

“Damn...I refuse to let them take care of me,” declared Eren.

All of them sit on the side of building.

“I’m going back to Wall Maria! I’m going to destroy every last Titan,” said Eren.

“Tell me you’re joking ,” said Starlight.

Eren looked at Starlight with a straight face, answering her question.

“You’re not being serious are you?” asked Armin.

“I’m serious!” yelled Eren with confidence and anger. “I’m not like those guys who do nothing but act tough inside the walls.”

“I don’t need this crap!” yelled Eren tossing the bread to Armin. He desperately juggles the bread to catch it.

“Eren! You’ll starve to death!” yelled Armin.

“When are you going to get sick of their charity too much is handed to us we have to stand up on our own two feet!” yelled Eren.

“To do what? Get eaten by a Titan?!” asked Armin. “I know that our future was beyond the walls, but it’s what you said to that man, I never seen what they could do to us!”

“So, that’s it?! This is the way life is, runaway and take what we were given!” he yelled.

“Look at us! What choice do we have here?!” yelled Armin.

“We can well damn leave!” Eren yelled. “If you want to scrape by on the charity of powers that’s your thing, but I’m not a parasite!”

Then, Mikasa jabs Eren right in the jaw and he falls to the ground. The girls got up and looked at Eren on the ground. Mikasa lowers her fist and Armin looked at Eren.

“Have you looked in the mirror lately, all of us are parasites, we couldn’t run from certain death without help, tell me differently don’t take your shortcomings out on him,” said Mikasa as Eren’s got up.

“For God’s sake we can’t even find food in our own, we’re parasites or cowards, Titans are the top of the food chain ,period. Staying alive is what matters most. Just like your mother said,” Mikasa said.

Mikasa started to walk towards Eren, grabbing the bread from Armin, and stuffs it into Eren’s mouth.

“Mikasa!” called Armin.

“You have to eat and stay alive. I won’t let her down!” she yelled.

Eren eats in shame, with tears in his eyes, and started to cry.


Several days later, the throngs of refugees were tasked with cultivating the wastelands to secure food. However food shortage was unavoidable. So, in the following year of 846, the central government sent a multitude of refugees on a mission in the name of retaking Wall Maria.

Armin’s grandfather took off his hat and planted the hat on top of Armin’s head.

Of the 250,000 sent, nearly 20% f the population, not even 200 survived. Although it wasn’t much, their sacrifices did improve the food shortage situation for the rest of the population.


Armin sat near a wall holding his grandfather’s hat, and began to cry bringing it closer to his face. Eren, Mikasa, Sunset Shimmer, Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Starlight Glimmer were by his side.

“It’s all the Titan’s fault. If we could just subdue them. Our place in the world could be ours again,” said Eren sitting next to Armin. “Next year, I’ll be applying to join the Cadets, to become stronger to fight back.”

“I’m with you,” said Armin.

“You don’t have to go,” assured Eren.

“I do!” yelled Armin.

“I’ll join too,” said Mikasa. “What you girls?”

“We’re all joining,” said Applejack.

“Can’t wait to kick some Titan butt,” said Rainbow Dash.

“We have nothing else to do,” said Twilight.

“I want to join!” yelled Pinkie.

“Yay,” said Fluttershy.

“You all don’t have to join! You said yourself staying alive is what’s more important,” said Eren.

“Yes. That’s why I'm doing it; so you won’t die,” replied Mikasa.

Eren stood up.

“I’ll right together, then,” said Eren.


847

“Straighten those spines pissheads. The 104th Cadet Corps Class has started!” yelled a man with a thin beard on his jaw. “Allow me to introduce myself, I’m drill sergeant, Keith Sadies and you will grow to hate me! Training is going to a white knuckle ride through hell, if I done my job you’ll be waking up in cold sweat from memories of this place every night for the rest of your miserable lives! In your current state, you’d be nothing but food for the Titans! You’re mere livestock! You’re less than livestock! Over the next three years, we’re going to train you worthless nothings and teach you how to fight Titans! Three years from now, when you come face-to-face with the Titans, will you still be fodder for them?! Will you serve as an honorable barrier that protects the king?! Or will you be a glorious soldier for humanity that drives the Titans out?! It’s up to you to decide!” yelled Keith.

“Oh, I’m a fighter alright, and before I’m done with them, the Titans will grown to hate me,” Eren thought to himself.

PreviousChapters Next