• Published 11th Apr 2020
  • 2,256 Views, 10 Comments

Attack on Titan - Gojizilla54



When humanity is pushed to the brink of extinction, they live behind walls, protecting them. A group of friends join the military and go on adventures to take back on what was theirs.

  • ...
10
 10
 2,256

PreviousChapters Next
Wound: The Struggle for Trost, Part 8

In the year 845, two terrifying new breeds of Titan appeared, the Colossal and the Armored, barrelling trough the outer walls as it wholesale destruction was child's play. The territory couched within the circle of Wall Maria was abandoned. Twenty percent of the human race perished and one-third of our territory was lost. As the Titan onslaught advanced, our only choice was to withdraw behind Wall Rose. Five years later, the Colossal Titan reappeared in Trost and decimated yet another barrier between us and them. Once more, mankind retreated in panic before the advance of its greatest foe. Grave soul after brave soul perished. Eaten alive. Cadet Eren Jaeger was tragically consumed early on the battle, but later emerged miraculously from the fallen body of an Abnormal. Dot Pyxis, unconventional commander of the entire Southern Territory witnessed firsthand Eren's Titan form in action. Taking note of the boy's incredible strength, a plan worthy of the Commander's fabled eccentricity was hatched. And yet, despite Eren's ironclad resolve, he planned teetered on the brink of collapse even as it began.



The horde of Titans started growing and growing in numbers and the numbers of Garrisons that were on the side of wall were decreasing. Gustave and Anka were following Pyxis who was walking on top of the wall.

"We've managed to corral most of the Titans in the corner furthest from the breach," said Gustav. "Combat has been avoided as much as possible. But still, 20% of our forces are lost."

"Not lost," said Pyxis.

Anka and Gustave looked at Pyxis with confusion.

"They didn't die of losing their way. They were sent to their deaths. By me," stated Pyxis.

Pyxis stopped and looked at Trost.

"This is the threshold of our extinction, soldiers," he said. "If my actions ensures mankind's survival, history may call me "butcher" all it wants.


On the other side, Eren's Titan punched where Mikasa and the girls were standing. All of them dodged the punch. Mikasa slid on the roof and a piece of shard makes a small cut on Mikasa's cheek. She slid on the roof and crashed into a chimney. Rainbow Dash, Indigo Zap, Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, and Sugarcoat flew in the opposite direction getting up and looking at Eren's Titan in horror. Mikasa got up and saw the girls on the other side of the roof. Ian, Rico, Mitabi saw the Eren's Titan going rogue. Eren's Titan lifted his left fist up.

"Ackerman!" called Ian.

Eren's Titan punched where Mikasa was, but she got out of they way. Mikasa turned around and latched on to a tower behind Eren's Titan and went to his face.

"Hey! Ackerman! Stand down! Now!" yelled Ian. "Get away from him, that's an order!"

"Eren!" called Mikasa. "I know you're in there, goddammit. I know you recognize me!"

Eren's Titan's two green eyes looked at Mikasa.

"That's right! Come on! Snap the hell out of it!" yelled Mikasa. "We've got a breach to seal up!"

"We've failed," said Rico.

She picked up a red barrel and placed it on the pistol.

"It was foolish to pin our hopes on something we didn't fully understand," said Rico.

She lifted the pistol high in the air and fired a red smoke signal.

"Eren! Listen to me! You're a human!" shouted Mikasa.

Then, his right fist had regenerated and was formed into a fist.

"Mikasa!" called Rainbow Dash.

"Get out of there!" yelled Ian.

Mikasa looked down and saw the fist.

"Oh shit!" she yelled.

She jumped off of Eren who punch himself in the face enough to knock him out.

"The hell? You're telling me that kid was a regular Titan all along?" asked Mitabi.

"Eren!" called Mikasa.

"Captain!" shout a male Garrison. "We've got two Titans bearing down on us from the front! A 10-meter and a 6-meter!

"Heads up! There's a 12-meter closing in on us from the rear!" yelled another.

"Oh what the hell?!" shouted Indigo Zap.

Ian spotted the 12-meter Titan walking towards their direction.

"Ian, that's it," said Mitabi. "Juts look at him. We need to get out of here, the plan's a bust."

"Agreed," said Rico. "Full withdrawal. We have to leave him as he is."

Mikasa looked back at Rico with an angry glare in her face.


On top of the wall, Pyxis and a large group of Garrison soldiers saw the red smoke signal in the distance.

"Red smoke. That's not good," stated a Garrison with blond hair and mustache. "Sir, best I'm afraid it means the Elite Squad hit quite a snag."

Behind them, a cadet was crying.

"This was pointless," said the male cadet crying. "My friends died like animals."

Next to the group were the decoy group, who all saw the red smoke signal.

"Look over there!" yelled a male cadet.

"What's going on?" asked Sunset Shimmer.

"It doesn't look good,' said Starlight Glimmer.

"Maybe their playing a game of hide and seek or something," said Pinkie Pie.

She continued to name all the games she could think of, everyone around her looked at her, until she was silence by a slap on the back of the head.

"What was that for?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"Could you please shut your damn mouth," hissed Sunny Flare.

"I hope that Eren and the others are okay," said Fluttershy.

"There part of the Elite Squad they can find a way out," said Rarity

Armin came up standing next to Sunset Shimmer.

"It's over. They failed," said Marco.

"But how?" asked Armin.

Armin then placed his pack of gas cylinders and started running. Sunset Shimmer saw Armin running.

"Armin wait!" yelled Sunset Shimmer.

Then, Startlight Glimmer, Sour Sweet, Lemon Zest, Sunny Flare, and Pinkie Pie started following.

"Pinkie stay here with Fluttershy and Rarity," said Sunny Flare.

"Aww, I want some fun," moaned Pinkie Pie.

Marco saw Armin and the girls running,

"Whoa, guys!" yelled Marco. "Where are you going?"

"Commander, I recommend we revert back to defending the gate.

"Commander, I recommend we revert back to defending the gate,' suggested the Garrison. "Just give me the word, sir."

"Denied," stated Pyxis.

"Sir, shall I order a retreat?" asked Anka.

"Absolutely not," replied Pyxis. "Continue luring the enemy to the edge of town. The Elite Squad is skilled. They have leave to make their own decisions. We proceed as planned. This was an all-or-nothing proposition. I will allow those at the vanguard to determine if and when we deviate. we aren't in a position to deliver a verdict to defeat. But we are in a position to fight to the last breath. It's humanity's debt. It's what we determine we owe the fallen."


On the ground, Eren's Titan was still knocked out while Mitabi was talking to Ian.

"Ian! Snap out of it!" he yelled. "What are you waiting for? Give the damn order Conserve all the manpower we can. This was the right call. Hey, it's not like this is your fault! Come on! Look, this plan was doomed from the start! We get that. Was it worth a shot. Sure, whatever! We did the best with what we had! But all we've got left now id going back over the wall.

Mitabi started walking away. Mikasa started running at him before she was stopped by Ian.

"Stop!" he yelled. "Easy. Now's not the time. Team Rico, take out the 12-meter approaching from behind. Team Mitabi and I will handle the two front runners."

"Are you nuts?!" shouted Rico.

"In case you've forgotten, I'm the one in charge! Now, do as I ordered, soldier! We're not leaving Jaeger defenseless, period."

Rico looked at Ian with shock.

"Change of plan," Ian said. "Our job is to keep the others off of him until he can recover. Whether we like it or not, he's still our last best chance. We won't abandon him easily. We're expandable, he isn't. He can't just be replaced."

"He's a failure who caused countless soldiers to die," said Rico.

"Hey! No one talks about Eren like that!" yelled Rainbow Dash.

She was about to charge at Rico, before being stopped by Applejack.

"Hold on there Rainbow," said Applejack.

Rico then looked at Eren.

"Look at him, Ian! Are you saying you want more of us to die saving that?!" asked Rico.

"That's right," replied Ian. "Down to the last man! If that's what it takes, so be it!"

Rico and Mitabi looked at Ian with complete shock.


On the other side, Jean swung up and landed on top of the wall.

"What the hell's up with the red smoke?" asked Jean. "What happened to him?"

"I don't know, but Armin, Sunset, Starlight, Sour Sweet, Lemon Zest, and Sunny Flare are gone," replied Conny.

"But I... I think it'll be alright," said Marco.

"Yeah?" questioned Jean.

"Of course! I mean..." said Marco. "This is Eren we're talking about."

"Right," said Jean.

"I don't want to be that guy but this whole thing feels kind of pointless," said Conny.

"Hell, when's the last time a fight against the Titans didn't feel like that," said Jean.

"I don't like the idea of so many of us being dead for nothing," said Conny.

"We have to pick our battles. If we want to wage all-out war someday, we have to conserve all the manpower we can," said Jean. "This was the right call. Just be patient."

"Was it the right call, though?" asked Conny.

"Yes! Of course it was!" replied Jean.

"Live to fight another day, is that it?" asked Conny. "Right I'm in."


On the ground, Rico and Ian continued to argue.

"Ian, you can't be serious!" yelled Rico.

"What other hope against the Titans do we have?!" shouted Ian. "You know something I don't?! This is all we got and you damn well know it! I am making a judgment call here. If you have a better plan, speak up! How else are we going to get out from their feet?"

"If you're asking me how else we'll defeat the Titans, obviously I have no idea," Rico replied.

"See? That's why we can't afford to beat a retreat," said Ian. "Not just yet. We may not know what else is in there but there's hope. And as long as that's a case, we're going to fight to the bitter end. Look at us. Always scraping by. Always on the run. Don't you... Don't you want it to be over? Don't you want to make a stand? Well, this is how it's done!"

Mikasa, Rainbow Dash, Indigo Zap, Applejack, Sugarcoat, and Twilight Sparkle looked at Ian, while Mitabi and Rico took Ian's words into consideration.

"This is just... This is madness," said Rico.

Rico started waliing away from Ian.

"Hey!" Ian shouted.

"I'll follow your strategy," said Rico. "I think you're right. If we're to stand, this is the only way. Just this once, let's fight a fight. Right. My team will address the 12-meter coming from the rear."

Mitabi then started walking the other way.

"Well? What we got the two in front or don't we?" asked Mitabi.

"Right," said Ian.

"Thank you, Captain," thanked Mikasa. "That was brave."

"Yeah was a hell of a speech you gave there," complimented Twilight Sparkle.

"No, it wasn't," said Ian. "There's no thanks needed. Fact of the matter is I was petrified of the mess you were about to get into."

Ian pulled out his sword.

"But you're free now. So do your thing," said Ian. "Make good use of that inborn skill."

"Sir," replied Mikasa.

"Go protect your lover," said Ian.

"He's family..." said Mikasa, blushing.

"All of you provide backup for Mikasa," said Ian

"Sir!' all of them yelled.

Ian then started running of the roof and started swinging away. Mikasa and the rest looked at the Eren's Titan, which is still knocked out.

"Why? Why haven't his injuries repaired themselves?" Mikasa questioned. "Did the earlier damage compromise him? Eren, What is this doing to you?" Oh god, what if won't be able to change back? No. I've got to stop. i'm thinking about it too much, that's all. I need to focus on doing."


On top of the wall, Armin ran as fast as he could. Sunset Shimmer, Starlight Glimmer, Sunny Flare, Sour Sweet, and Lemon Zest were following Armin.

"Eren, Mikasa. What's going on?" Armin questioned.


On the ground, Eren's Titan was still knocked out. Inside the Titan's nape, an unconscious Eren was lying there with flesh covering his body. Eren's pupils started to grow.


"What's... Where am i? What... What am I doing?" Eren questioned. "Am I sitting? I can't see. What day is it?"

Eren then opened his eyes. He was back at his house. His mother and Mikasa were washing the dishes while his father was sitting on a chair.

"Wait," Eren thought. "Oh, that's right, of course."

Eren yawned and snuggled in his blanket.

"Werid," he thought


A grappled hook unlatched to a tower. Armin landed on top of a roof ,panting. Then, Sunset Shimmer, Starlight Glimmer, Sunny Flare, Lemon Zest, and Sour Sweet followed Armin. All them looked at Eren's Titan, which was still knocked out.

"Eren," said Armin.

"What happened to him?" asked Sunset Shimmer.

"Come on, what are you doing? Wake up!" shouted Armin.

"This isn't good," said Starlight Glimmer.


On the the ground, Jean, Conny, Annie, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and three male Garrisons were hiding behind buildings to avoid the Titans.

"Here's the plan: we don't let a single one of these ugly son of a bitches wander out of there corner," said the male Garrison. "Focus on luring them here and keeping them here. Understood? Do not, I repeat, do not engage them in combat unless you absolutely have to. I want you on the ground, three cadets per team. When you reach the wall, jump, is that clear? Die and you'll piss me off. If a Titan goes astray we'll put it down."

"What do you mean if?" asked Jean. "It's not like we can count on them to follow protocol."

"What is our situation gets risky?" asked Annie. "Are we free at our own discretion or what?"

"Whatever'll make it easier on you," said the male Garrison.

"Are we playing a game of tag?" Pinkie asked smiling.

Then, explosions of dust started to billow.

"Team Kirschtein, move out!" shouted the Garrison.

"Yes, sir!" shouted Jean


On the other side, a Titan had its nape sliced. Mitabi glided around making one of the Titans distracted. The Titan was about to grab Mitabi, but before it could grab him, Mikasa dove and sliced its nape and flew up. The Titan fell forward and dead on a roof. Mikasa and the other girls landed.

"Son of a bitch, it's behind us!" shouted Ian

"It's a 13-meter!" shouted a male Garrison on the roof. "And from the looks of it, he's about to pounce on Jaeger!"

"Heads up!" shouted another Garrison. "We've got four more coming through the gate!"

Mikasa and the other girls looked behind to see Titans coming.

'All of them look 10-meter at least!" yelled a third Garrison.

"Oh come on!" groaned Rainbow Dash.

"Right. Rear! Ackerman! Yours!" yelled Ian. "Dash, Sparkle, Sugarcoat, Zap, and Applejack provide backup!"

"Sir!" all six of them yelled.

Mikasa, Rainbow Dash, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, Applejack, and Twilight Sparkle started running at the Titan near Eren.

"Keep it away from him at all cost!" yelled Ian. "Hold the rest off here!"

"Will do," said Mitabi.

Mikasa and the others started towards the Titan.

"Elite or not, two teams can't take on four Titans at once," Mikasa thought.

Rainbow Dash, Indigo Zap, and Mikasa jumped. The Titan got close to Eren. Rainbow Dash and Indigo Zap took out its legs, Applejack and Sugarcoat took out it's eyes. Mikasa then latched on to the Titan's nape and sliced it. Mikasa stood on top of the slain Titan's head while the others stood next to it. Mikasa looked at a group of Titans in the distance walking towards Eren.

"What's going on? Where are they coming from all of a sudden?" she questioned. "There aren't enough of us to attract this many. Unless they're coming for Eren!"

"Mikasa!" called Armin on top of Eren's Titan's nape. "Why did the plane go belly-up?"

"Armin what are you doing?!" shouted Twilight Sparkle.

"Why on earth is he slumped here like this?" asked Armin.

"Get away! It's too dangerous!" yelled Mikasa. "Something went wrong. He lost control and wound up like that!"

"How?!" asked Sunny Flare. "He should have full control of the thing! Did you try anything that worked?!"

"I tried to snap him out of it but I couldn't get him to respond," explained Mikasa. "He's been out like this for the past few minutes."

"But the plan?!" shouted Armin.

"We've had to shift tack," said Mikasa. "Right now all we can do is protect him. He defenseless. And there... There are just so many. I don't know how much longer we can keep this up!"

Armin looked at the nape and was thinking of the time where Eren emerged from his Titan's nape.

"From the back of the head to the nape of the neck," said Armin. "One meter high and 10 centimeters across."

Armin took out his sword.

"Armin!" called Mikasa.

"Tell me he's not doing what I think he's doing," whispered Starlight Glimmer.

"I'm pulling him out of here!" shouted Armin. "all of you just hold off other Titans as long as you can!"

"But..." whispered Mikasa.

"When Eren emerged from this form, it was from the weak spot," said Armin.

Armin pulled the top trigger of his controller grip and two anchors latched on to the side of the nape.

"I don't know. But something tell me that's a big part of the picture," said Armin. "How these damn things work. It's be all right. As long as I don't hit the center... This won't kill him. But, well, it is going to hurt.

Armin then lifted his sword. He then drove the sword down into the nape.

"ARMIN!!!" shouted Mikasa.

"He's actually going to do it," said Starlight Glimmer.

The blade pierced through the nape and stabbed Eren's arm. Inside, Eren felt the blade stabbing his arm and his Titan woke up and started roaring in pain. Armin held on for dear life, holding on the handle tightly.

"Armin this is crazy!" yelled Starlight Glimmer.

"Stop it! You'll get yourself killed!" shouted Mikasa.

"I'm fine!" assured Armin. "Just do what you can do to keep the rest at bay! Trust me, there are tons of other people you should be worried about! Now, Leave Eren to me and go what you do best!"

Mikasa jumped off the slain Titan's head and started running, followed by her team.

"All of you defend any Titans that are close to us!" yelled Armin to Sunset and the others.

"What about you?!" yelled Sunset Shimmer.

"Just leave me and Eren!" shouted Armin.

"Come on girls, let's go!" shouted Sunset Shimmer.

All of them started running off towards the swarm of Titans in front of them. With that it just left Armin and Eren's Titan alone.

"Eren! Can you hear me?" asked Armin.

Inside the nape of Eren's Titan, the unconscious Eren heard Armin's voice, but didn't move.

"You've got to pull it together! If you stay like this, we're all going to die! " echoed Armin. "Whatever this body is doing to you, fight it! You're Eren Jaeger, goddammit! What's the steaming lump of flesh have on you?

"What is he talking about?" Eren questioned. "Fight it? What? I'm tired."

"Come on, goddammit! Wake up!" yelled Armin. "Get out of there! We need you to wake up! Eren!"

Armin started banging the nape of Eren's Titan.

"Your mom, remember?" asked Armin. "Remember what they did to her? You were bent on avenging her death! You swore to massacre the Titans!


Inside Eren's dream, he saw Armin banging on the window.

"You're not making any sense, Armin," said Eren. "Open you eyes. Mom's not dead."


Back in reality, Armin continued yelling.

"Eren! Eren, please!" yelled Armin. "You have to push through it! I know you're in there! Listen to me! If you don't move a on, the Titans are going to kill us. It'll all end right here!


In the dream, Eren looked at Armin in confusion.

"Armin. Seriously, what the hell's gotten into you?" asked Eren.

Eren looked at the regular life of his family.

"What's this "get a move on" crap? I don't want to move anything," said Eren. "This right here's good enough for me."

Then, Eren remembered something.

"It;s not like I want to be a Scout," Eren realized.

His mother looked back at him.


Back in reality, Jean, Annie, and Conny were running on the ground. They saw their group leader getting devoured by a Titan.

"Fantastic," said Annie sarcastically. "Well, like it or not we're on our own."

On the rooftops, Mikasa saw a Titan grabbing a cadet. Then, Ian wrapped around the Titan.

"Die!" yelled Ian.

He then sliced the Titan's nape off saving the cadet. The cadet backed off in fear at the dead Titan.

"Yeah! That's what I thought, you bastard!" yelled Mitabi.

Then, a Titan appeared and attempted to squish them. All of them get away, Ian slid on the roof.

"Get some distance!" yelled Ian.

"I've got this, captain!" yelled Mikasa. "i'll help Team Mitabi!"


On the ground, a Titan was chasing Conny. He attempted to latch on the side of a building, but the hooks didn't latch on.

"What the hell?!" yelled Conny.

The Titan attempted to grab Conny, but was pierced by a hook. The Titan looked back and saw Jean behind.

"Jean!" yelled Conny.

"Get on top of the wall!" yelled Jean.

Jean started running and the Titan the started to chase after Jean.

"I'm sick and tired of people dying because of me!" Jean thought.

Jean then ran into a small ally way. He looked back to find the Titan was too big to fit inside. Jean smiled at the sight and took out his controller grips, but much to his surprise when he push the top trigger nothing fired.

"A malfunction! Now?!" Jean thought.

Jean attempted to push the top trigger over and over again, but nothing worked. Then, a smaller Titan appeared behind Jean. The Titan attempted to grab Jean, but he got out of the away.


On the other side, Conny and Annie latched on to the wall. Both of them got on top of the wall.

"Jean!" called Conny.

He looked around to a Titan chasing him on the streets.

"What is he doing?" asked Connie. "And why the hell isn't he using his gear?"

He then realized something.

"Hang on! Don't tell me it's not working!" yelled Conny.

"I'm not going to die today!" Jean exclaimed.

Jean then got into a nearby house. He entered the house and hide below a window.

"Way to go," said Jean to himself. "Dragging everybody down. Great job."

He looked at the window to see the Titan was near him. He looked outside to see dead soldier, who had been crushed a piece of debris.

'Huh, maybe I won't die to today," Jean realized.


On the other side, Rarity and Fluttershy were on the ground running for dear life from three Titans behind them, while Pinkie Pie, who was having fun with all three of the Titans.

"This is the worst idea ever!" yelled Rarity.

"What are you talking about this a fun game of tag!" smiled Pinkie Pie.

"Is this the time to play games now?!" yelled Rarity.

"Of course!" replied Pinkie Pie.

Then, a Titan swiped at Rarity, who jumped and started running faster and screaming her head off and started heading towards the wall.

"That was a close one, I thought she was going to be it," said Pinkie Pie.

Fluttershy looked back to see a giant hand coming at her way. Fluttershy screamed and started to catch to Rarity.

"Pinkie! Hurry up!" yelled Fluttershy.

"This is fun," said Pinkie Pie.

"Pinkie look out!" yelled Fluttershy.

Pinkie Pie behind to see a giant hand coming at her direction. The Titan attempted grab Pinkie, who then hopped up.

"Miss me," said Pinkie Pie. "You three need to be good at this game."

All three of them started running towards the wall. When they got to the wall, all of them latched on and landed near Conny and Annie.

"We are never doing that ever again," said Rarity panting.

"Please don't," begged Fluttershy.

"That was fun, being chased by a Titan," smiled Pinkie Pie.

Rarity and Fluttershy sighed and fell on their backs panting her exhaustion.


On the other side of Trost, Armin started telling Eren about their dream.

"Eren," called Armin. "Remember when we were kids? All we talked about was the world outside."

Eren then remembers the dreams of it.

"You know, beyond the walls," said Armin. "Frozen tundra that stretches to the skies, sand dunes, oceans, forest. The world outside my parents wanted to see. I'd always thought you'd outgrown that dream. I as kind of sad it didn't come up. But then I realized you let it go because you didn't want me to join the Scouts.

'No, I just..." said Eren, getting up.

"Tell me. Honestly," said Armin. "Even though your first step beyond the wall meant hell on earth? Gambling against the possibility of dying like my parents. Why? Why throw caution to the wind and venture outside?"


In the dream, Eren turned around.

"What kind of dumb question is that?" he asked. "Don't play dumb. You know damn well why."

Mikasa, his mother, and father looked at him.

"BECAUSE THE WORLD BEYOND THE WALL IS MY BIRTHRIGHT!!!" yelled Eren.

His dream caught on fire and everyone in the dream burned, turning into dust.


In reality, Eren's Titan started to wake up and started to regenerate his face.

PreviousChapters Next