• Published 11th Apr 2020
  • 2,256 Views, 10 Comments

Attack on Titan - Gojizilla54



When humanity is pushed to the brink of extinction, they live behind walls, protecting them. A group of friends join the military and go on adventures to take back on what was theirs.

  • ...
10
 10
 2,256

PreviousChapters Next
Smile: Assault on Stohess, Part 1


Outside a misty forest, a younger Annie Leonhart was punching and kicking a punching bag as a man watches her at her close combat skills.

"That's it, Annie!" shouted the man.

Annie continued to punched and kicked the punching bag.

"I'd expect no less from my daughter!" scolded the man.

Annie raised both her fist up and panted heavily, exhaling the cold air.

"What are you doing, Annie?!" scolded the man. "Not resting!"

Taking her father's words, she continued to punch the punching bag, furiously.


Annie’s eyes fluttered open as she sat up in her bed, she looked off into her room, which was about as messy as her untied hair. There were clothes strewn about, hanging from drawers and the bunk beds, books on the floor and a doughnut on her table.


Wall Sina

Eastern fortified city

Stohess District

Inside the Stohess District, there were beautiful buildings along the district. Multiple story buildings were across and the color was formal. The civilians that lived in the Stohess District were wearing formal clothes. The news of Eren's summoning was spread like a wild fire.

"What? You mean you haven't heard?" asked a male civilian. "The Titan boy and the big shots in charge of him are apparently being called to the capital. And they're passing through this city today."

"I see," said a male civilian wearing glasses. "Sounds like he'll get dissection for sure this time around. Whatever tha case might be, I just hope he passes through without a hitch and has the gate shut firmly behind him."

A pastor walked behind them and dropped his bag in shock.

"Did you just mention sealing the gate?!" asked the pastor. "You would suggest that we defile the walls even further?!"

The male civilian looked to see that it was a pastor.

"Maria! Rose! Sina!" named the pastor. "To define the three goddesses is to commit an unpardonable transgression!"

The pastor continued to talk to random civilians on the streets about the walls.

"They love and worship the walls as gods," stated the man with glasses. "Don't get involved."

"Man. They're still around?" asked a male civilian with a black mustache.

"Damn," said the male civilian quielty.

All three of the male civilians started to walk away from the pastor.

"Our only protectors are the walls!" continued the pastor.


Stohess District Military Branch

Annie descended down the stairs with her Military Police uniform. When she reached the ground floor multiple MPs were standing in a line.

"You're finally up," said a female MP with large amber eyes and wavy light brown hair with a goofy smile. "You look so totally scary when you're asleep that i couldn't wake you up. Sorry, Annie."

"You've been slacking a lot lately," said a tall male MP with black hair style of a bowl cut.

"What's this? Are you mad?" asked the female MP.

"She's antisocial, alright," said the tall male MP.

"Just leave her alone. She came from Trost," said Boris. "She's the only one here who's seen real action. It'll take her time to recuperate. She's just been through hell."

"Oh! I get it," said the female MP. "You have a thing for her! What can you possibly like about this girl?"

"Hitch, there's only one way to ditz like you could only get into the Military Police," said Boris.

"Oh? Whatever do you mean by that?" asked Hitch. "Say it to my face."

"Enough you two," said the male MP.

"Say it to my face," Hitch repeated.

Then, a male MP with medium-length messy brown hair, sporting a slight stubble, and tannish-colored eyes walked down the hall of the MPs. All of them saluted as he walked by them. He looked at the rports he had in his hand and started reading it off.

"Oh take it easy, guys," said the MP. "I have actual work for you today, instead of the usual odd-jobs. That's why I called you here. It's to do with the Scout Regiment group being summoned to the capital. They're passing through this town's main street today. Military Police HQ will be serving as their security escort, so we only assist while they pass through. Omni-directional mobility with city limits is temporarily authorized. You'll follow beside the convoy and help bolster security. You'll also head to the starting point by barge. That's it."

"Mat I ask something, Dennis?" asked the male MP.

"What is it, Marlo?" asked the MP.

"What are we supposed to protect the convoy from?" asked Marlo.

Dennis looked at Marlo with confusion.

"I've never heard of anyone inside this defying the royal government," said Marlo. "There may be petty criminals, but I can't imagine actual organization trying anything unless they're based outside the wall. I'm not even sure what motive they'd have."

"Oh, so you're a serious one," said Dennis walking up to Marlo. "You're in charge now. The details are all in here."

Dennis gave Marlo all the reports and started to leave the room. Marlo looked at Dennis with utter confusion.

'We officers are busy enough as it is," said Dennis. "Prove that you can handle this yourself."

Dennis then opened the door, but before leaving he turned around.

"But no screw-ups. Got it?" he asked.

He then entered the other room with a bunch of MPs sitting, playing cards, and drinking wine.

"Sorry to keep you waiting! Shall we continue?" he asked. "Whose turn is it?"

Dennis then closed the door, leaving the MPs on the other side, standing.


The MPs were all stationed on a large, spacious courtyard of the headquarters. Most of them were gathered near a monument. All of them had muskets strapped on their backs. Many MPs were still bitter that Dennis gave the work to Marlo.

"Damn! This is messed up!" grunted Boris.

"Yeah, this organization's way more rotten than I imagined," said Hitch. "Well, that is why I chose it, but you get stuck doing all the work when you're a rookie here. Many, why didn't anyone tell me?"

"Bastard," whispered Marlo. "All he can think about is himself!"

"What are you talking about, Marlo?" asked Boris. "Choosing to join the Military Police makes you no difference from him."

Marlo seized up, taken aback by the response.

"No. I'm nothing like you degenerates," said Marlo. "I came to fix the Military Police!"

'Wow, Marlo," teased Hitch, clapping. "I never took you for that sort of guy!"

"How are you going to fix it?" asked Boris.

"By getting to the top, of course," responded Marlo. "Once I'm at top, I'll fix the rules and make the dishonest pay fairly for their injustices. It's that simple."

Marlo balled his hand into a fist and held it up.

"I'll simply turn them back into normal people, that's all," stated Marlo. "Back into the people they're supposed to be."

Hitch then broke out in laughter, crumpling to her knees and slapping the ground with her hand.

"Oh man! You're the real deal!" laughed Hitch. "Sorry! I originally took you for a stick-in-the-mud!"

"That's quite the noble goal," complimented Boris. "Good luck with that."

"I wonder," Annie finally spoke. "If a do-gooder like you took charge, I think that would spell the end for us."

"Oh, so you can talk," said Marlo.

"I think you're an honest person," said Annie. "Because you say honest things. I know there are people like that. It takes a lot of courage to go against the flow. I respect that. It could just be that you're all fools, though."

"No, maybe they are, but don't lump me with them," said Marlo. "Enough with this chit-chat. Let's go!"

With that, every MP got up and started to follow Marlo.


Marlo and the other MPs walked along the city's river in a straight line, ready for the Scot's arrival.

"The escort wagons will pass through the outer gate in forty-five minutes," Marlo stated. "Understood?"

"Yeah," said Hitch, lazily.

Marlo stopped in his tracks, while Hitch was yawing and unaware of Marlo stopping. She bumped into the back of Marlo.

"Hey, now!" shouted Hitch.

She then saw ferry was stopped on the side of the river, a man in a green jacket inside of it and a man in a red jacket, talking to two Military Police . Between the officers and the other man, a couple of crates with the Military Police emblem were being loaded inside.

"What's that?" wondered Hitch. "That's our equipment?"

"Must be taking it into the interior," guessed Boris.

"Still, it's strange for the merchant association to be involved," observed Marlo. "Just what are they doing?"

Then, the man in the red jacket offered them a small bag. The MPs reached inside the bag and took out a bronze coin inside the sack were indeed genuine, making their purchase complete. Marlow gasped, immediately seeing what was happening.

"They're illegally selling government-issued equipment!" Marlo realized.

Marlo, his sense of duty boiling deep inside, walked up to the MPs, leaving the others dumbfounded by his actions.

"Hey, now! What about our assignment?" asked Boris.

"Oh, man! He's the genuine article!" shuddered Hitch, excitedly.

"Well, for better or worse, we do have time," said Boris, crossing his arms. "This'll make for some nice entertainment."

The others watch as the ferry started to sail away and Marlo about to confront the two MPs.

"So, how about a drink?" suggested the MP.

The two MPs turned around to see Marlo in front of them.

"What do you want, rookie?" asked the other MP.

"I-It's against the law to sell government property," stated Marlo.

"So?"

"Government property is paid by the citizens' hard-earned tax money," stated Marlo.

One of the MPs started laughing out loud at his stupidity.

"Wow, a rookie blackmailing his superior officers," said the MP, taking out a coin out of the bag. "You got a bright future in store, you do."

He then placed the coin in Marlo's uniform jacket and patted it.

"Go and get yourself a girl or something and refresh yourself," advised the MP.

As the officers walked away, expecting the confrontation to have ended, Marlow was surprised not only by their lack of empathy for their actions.

"Wait!" he called, grabbing a MP's shoulder. "It's against the law to sell-“

Marlo was cut off by the other Mp, ramming the butt of the musket into his gut. He then whacked Marlo in the head with the barrel. His knees buckled as he fell to the ground, convulsing and hacking as he struggled to get back up, cringing in pain.

The MP then kicked Marlo in the stomach, causing everyone behind expect Annie to cringe. The MP continued to kick Marlo until he had enough and was on the ground, clutching his stomach. Annie then started walked towards the scene.

"Wait! Annie!" called Boris.

"You're under arrest for a treasonable offense against a superior," said the MP.

"Don't be stupid," cringed Marlo, getting up. "Such disrespect for the law..."

"...is acceptable," finished the MP.

The MP was about to ram the butt of the musket against Marlo's head. Then, the MP was stopped mid-strike by Annie grabbing his arm.

"I think that's enough, don't you?" she asked.

The MP looked at Annie angrily, but she failed to show him any signs of fear or stepping down.

"Sorry about that!" apologized Hitch, running up to them and putting her hands together. "It seems our idiot has caused you trouble. We'll teach him a lesson, don't worry!"

Marlo was shocked at her statement, but Hitch continued going.

"Or, would you prefer to have an even bigger problem on your hands?" she asked.

The MP looked at the civilians looked at them.

"Just this once," warned the MP to the rookies.

"Yes, sir!" yelled the rookies.

"Now, let's get that drink," said the MP.

"Yeah, I'd say we earned it," said the other MP.

Hitch lets out a sigh of relief, glad that they're situation didn't worsen. Marlo, on the other hand, was too devastated to stand. When he found his rifle still lying upon the ground. With anger and rage in his soul, Marlo reached for his weapon slowly, unsure if he should go through with it.

"Go on," said Annie. "You're going to make the dishonest pay for their injustices, right? I'm not against helping you out with that."

Marlo, still fighting himself over whether to grab the rifle or not, looked as the two MPs were escaping his grasp. He then pulled back his hand and slammed the ground.

"Damn it!" yelled Marlo.

Meanwhile, Hitch was appeasing two civilians

"You're certainly a hard worker, Missy," said a male civilian.

"Oh, no, you're too kind," said Hitch.

Annie looked at Marlo, who supported himself on all fours, unable the lose of his dignity.

"Those people you know," said Marlo. "Those fools you mentioned earlier. Would they done it?"

Annie then looked straight ahead.

"They might have," said Annie.

"You mentioned going against the flow," said Marlo. "I guess I'm just another piece of shit being swept away by it."

"i don't know," Annie answered, looking up at the sky. "But maybe that's just the way ordinary people are? Personally, even if it means being weakling swept up in the flow, being seen as a person is all I want"


Later on the day, the Scouts had arrived in the capital. Nile Dawk led the line of wagons carrying the Scouts. As the wagons rode down the street, the MPs were on the side of the street saluting with their ODM gear. As the wagons began to leave the MPs started leaving and Annie started following, passing by a figure in an alleyway.

"Anne," whispered the figure.

Annie recognized the voice and stopped in her tracks. The rest of MPs started to run off and Annie was left standing. Once the MPs left she went into the alleyway, finding it empty. She looked found another alley and Armin was standing in front of her with, fully coated.

"Hey. Looks like you're a fully-fledged MP now," observed Armin.

"Armin," whispered Annie.

Armin gave a little smile to Annie.

"Why are dressed like that?" Annie asked.

"I'm cargo carrier," answered Armin. "I'm hiding ODM gear under this rain gear. Look."

He lifted the rain coat and his ODM gear on the side of his body.

"What is this about?" she asked.

Armin then pulled back his hood.

"Annie, could you help us let Eren escape?" asked Armin.

"Escape to where?" she asked. "Defying the government's orders. Where is there to run inside these walls?"

"We just need to hide him for a while," he responded. "We won't be overly rebelling against the government. It'll basically be an act of defiance by part of the Scout Regiment. We're going to buy enough time to gather some things that will unquestionably overturn the council's say in the matter."

"Overturn it?" she asked. "There's really something that handy? How are you so sure?"

Armin squirmed trying to come up with whatever answer he needed to sate Annie and have her join him while not giving much away.

"I'm sorry. I can't saw," he answered.

"Sorry, but I can't accept," sighed Annie. "I won't tell anyone, though. Good luck."

Annie turned around and started to walk away from Armin.

"Annie! Please!' called Armin. "They're going to kill Eren!"

Annie then stopped walked as she heard the last words.

"A bunch of people who know nothing are unwittingly pushing humanity toward the brink of self-extinction simply to save their own necks! I realize it sounds less than convincing. But, even so, we have no choice but to bet on everything now! Or course, we'll try hard not to cause you trouble. But we absolutely need the Military Police's help to sneak him through Wall Sina's security checkpoint. This is our only option left.

Annie turned around to Armin, still concern about his trust in her.

"Tell me. Do I look that good of a person to you?" asked Annie.

"A good person... Actually... I've never been fond of phrasing it that way," he stated. "Because, to me, it feels like it's only used to refer to people you use for your own convenience. And I don't think there's anyone who's convenient to everyone. Which is why, if you do say no to this, that'd make you a bad person in my eyes."

Annie turned to face Armin with her icy-blue eyes. She then took of her musket and placed it on the ground.

"Fine," said Annie, turning away and placed a ring on her finger. "I'll do it."

Armin took her hand and lead her out of the alleyway. Armin tried so hard not to blush as he grabbed her soft hand, while Annie tried her hardest not to blush, considering this her first time holding Armin's hand.


After the got out of the alleyway, Annie lead the way. Annie walked Armin and the hooded and concealed Eren, Mikasa, Indigo Zap, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Starlight Glimmer, and Sunset Shimmer through the empty streets of the city, each one of them looking for anything suspicious that could expose them.

"We got through surprisingly well," whispered Eren.

"Shh!" hissed Mikasa.

"That's the mighty Military Police for you," stated Eren. "Goes to show what kind of work they do."

"Don't look around at everything," whispered Mikasa.

"You're gonna make us obvious," whispered Starlight Glimmer.

"Let's just hope they haven't realized Jean took my place," whispered Eren. "That definitely won't last for long. He and I don't look alike."

"Hey, he kinda looks like you," whispered Indigo Zap.

"It'll be fine," assured Armin. "You all have the same sort of nasty look to you."

"I don't have his horseface!' stated Eren.

"Say, where are the other girls and how are you planning to get over the wall if I'd hadn't agreed to help you?" asked Annie.

"Twilight, Sunny Flare, Sour Sweet and Sugarcoat are in the plan, while Rarity, Fluttershy, Lemon Zest, and Pinkie Pie are somewhere else," answered Armin. "To get over the wall, we were going to barge through using ODM."

"That's crazy," said Annie. "Couldn't you just escape before reaching Stohess to avoid all this trouble in the first place? Why'd it have to be here and now?"

"I felt this town's complex layout would make our body-double ploy more likely to succeed," said Armin. "Plus, acting dutifully and keeping their defense down will buys us some time to escape than head-on opposition would."

"I see. Good point."

Eren and Mikasa looked at each other, while Sunset Shimmer, Starlight Glimmer, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Indigo Zap continued to follow Armin and Annie.

"Oh, over there," Armin called, going to the right.

Protected by a flat awning, a stairway that lead to an underground passage underneath the buildings that surrounded it from both sides and behind. Twilight Sparkle, Sunny Flare, Sugarcoat, and Sour Sweet were waiting for them in front of it. Annie looked down into the unknown darkness from behind them with suspicion and slight fear.

"Took you long enough," groaned Sour Sweet.

"We walked so we didn't get caught," stated Starlight Glimmer.

"Oh sorry," apologized Sour Sweet, kindly. "I didn't know, sorry."

Everyone rolled their eyes expect, Sugarcoat, Sunny Flare, Indigo Zap. The ones that rolled their eyes knew that they would have to get use to her mood swings.

"Come on, let's go," said Sunny Flare, walking down the stairs.

"Here?" asked Annie, looking down.

"Yeah. We're going through here," said Armin. "It's what left of an underground city they were planning to make.

"Wow, I never knew that," said Twilight. "Did you know about this Sugarcoat?"

"No, I don't live in the inner city," responded Sugarcoat.

Armin, Mikasa, Eren, Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer, Starlight Glimmer, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Indigo Zap, Sour Sweet, Sunny Flare, and Sugarcoat started to descend down the stairs, leaving Annie on top.

"It leads to the vicinity of the outer gate," explained Armin.

"Really? That's amazing," said Eren in amazement.

Eren then stopped and looked back to see Annie above them and not following them. Mikasa, Armin, and the rest stopped and turned around.

"Annie?" called Eren.

"You scared of the dark?" teased Indigo Zap.

"Or cramped spaces?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Yes I am," answered Annie. "I doubt a brave, suicidal manic like you would understand how to delicate damsel feels."

Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and the others gave Annie a harsh look, not believing her.

"Any damsel who can flip a grown man upside down isn't weak at all," said Eren. "Cut the crap! Let's hurry!"

Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and the others continued to descend down the stairs.

"No, I'm not going," replied Annie.

Everyone stopped in their tracks in shock.

"I'm afraid to go down there," said Annie. "I'm not helping unless we stay above ground."

"Annie, quit horsing around, we need your help," said Applejack.

Annie didn't move, she just stayed on the ground. Everything was quiet until Eren broke it.

"Quit being stupid! Just get down here!" yelled Eren. "Quit screwing around!"

"Eren! Don't shout!" ordered Mikasa.

"i'm sure it's fine, Mikasa," assured Annie. "Because, for some reason this whole area has been completely deserted for a while."

Out of Annie's vision, several Scouts were hiding on the rooftops with their ODM gear. Several Scouts disguised as civilians were hiding behind some crates.

"Man, that really hurts," said Annie. "At what point did you start looking at me that way."

Behind Armin's back, he tightly gripped a signal flare, shaking and looking at Annie with fear in his eyes.

"Armin," called Annie.

"Annie," called Armin back. "Why did you have Marco's ODM gear?"

Eren gasped in horror learning several things at once with this statement, Armin kept his gaze tight and focused.

"It had the same scrapes and bumps," stated Armin. "I could tell, because I'd helped him do maintenance on it."

"Yes..." Annie answered simply. "I found and took it."

"Then, those two Titans we captured alive," said Armin. "Was it you that killed them?"

"Who knows," said Annie. "But, if you suspected one month ago, why didn't you do anything then?"

"Even now I can hardly believe it," answered Armin. "I just wanted to believe I had it all wrong. That's why I didn't... Still... Back then... the fact that you didn't kill me back then... is why we're here in this situation now."

Annie, knowing that he was referring to when the Female Titan unveiled him during the expedition days ago, stood still and silent once again.

"Yeah," she finally responded. "I agree with all my heart. I never imagined you'd end up cornering me like this."

Then, a small break occurred.

"Why didn't I kill anything then," she whispered.

"Hold on, Annie!" shouted Eren. "There's still a chance you're going along with all this as part of some horrible, idiotic joke! Just get down here! There's something you can prove just by coming down here! Come down and prove it!"

"I can't go down there," said Annie. "I'm a failed warrior."

"I'm being serious here!" yelled Eren. "This isn't funny!"

"We can still discuss this as..." yelled Armin.

Mikasa then took a step and took off her hood.

"Enough," said Mikasa, revealing only a white blouse and her harness underneath it and letting her sheaths fall to her waist. "I can't listen anymore of this."

Mikasa then attached a blade to her handle and drew out it out.

"It's pointless," said Mikasa, ready. "I'm going to carve you up again... Female Titan!"

And just like that, Annie's identity had been revealed and nothing anyone could say could deny the truth any longer. Annie knew this as much, shutting her eyes and bowing her head down. She then threw it back up, her face flushed and an odd, uncharacteristic smile upon her face and lets out a couple chuckles.

"That isn't her," whispered Sunny Flare to Rainbow Dash.

Armin looked in fear as Annie broke into a full-on laugh, her body bending like a tree in a storm as she seemed unable to keep her composure. Eren and Mikasa were far too angry and determined to care about this. Annie breathed heavily to calm herself down as she focused again.

"Armin," Annie spoke. "It's nice I could be a "good person" for you. For now, you've won your bet, but..."

Annie’s smile contorted until it became deranged and psychotic.

"...my bet... begins now!" she declared.

Annie then opened her mouth and was about to bit the ring. Annie knew what was going to happen, drew out the signal flare gun. He pulled the trigger, firing a loud bang.

With the loud bang, the disguised Scouts started to charge towards Annie. Couple of them got off the roof, while others came from alleyways. Everyone gabbed Annie's limbs to immobilize her. Eren was about to help, but to be only stopped by Mikasa.

"Eren!" she called.

A disguised Scout then pulled out a cloth and placed it over her mouth, unable to bite down. With her options running out, her thumb flicked over the ring upon it, revealing a sharp hook. Mikasa and the girls saw the hook in her ring. Mikasa grabbed Eren and Armin by their bags and sprinted down the stairs. Sunset Shimmer, Starlight Glimmer, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Indigo Zap, Sour Sweet, Sugarcoat, and Sunny Flare all sprinted down the stairs as quickly as possible.

"Mikasa?!" called Armin.

"It's too late!" shouted Mikasa.

With Annie’s hands completely uninhibited, Annie brought her thumb down on the hook, slashing the flesh and drawing blood out. A giant lighting bolt struck down, killing the Scouts holding Annie down. Everyone in the Stohess looked in horror as a giant pillar of light towered over the city of Stohess.

PreviousChapters Next