• Published 20th Aug 2012
  • 2,725 Views, 100 Comments

Guitarist in Equestria - Superswag420

  • ...
7
 100
 2,725

Chapter 5 - Lyra’s wise words of wisdom Part 1

Guitarist in Equestria
Chapter 5 - Lyra’s wise words of wisdom Part 1

“Ugh, how come I keep waking up with a terrible headache...” I try to get out of my bed while I’m still half asleep, being quite to prevent anyone from hearing me go down stairs. And right as I walk out the door to my room I see the mane six all asleep on the floor, Either they stayed here all night worrying about me, or these mares know how to party!

After deciding that it was time for everyone to get up (8:17 Eh, close enough...) I started cooking breakfast. And let me tell you, when you don’t have opposable thumbs/fingers in Equestria it’s bucking HARD to cook decent food. I was planning on making the simplest thing I could, fried potatoes and eggs. There is no way these ponies wouldn’t like this, this breakfast is GODSEND! Now... To get them to wake up... I could either wake them up myself or let the scent of breakfast wake them up. To bad the only person that woke up from that last reason was Spike.

Bucking perfect, Tactical jealousy inbound...

“Hey! What are you doing cooking.” He said with face filled with rage, well not rage... maybe anger? I don’t know not really a difference.

“I didn’t want to wake up the girls myself so I thought the scent of cooking would wake them up, but it only worked with you” I laughed, unfortunately my laugh managed to wake everyone in the room up. They would have been pissed too, but breakfast kind of solved that issue.

“Hey who’s makin’ breakfast?” Said Rainbow with a tone of voice that represented to me ‘ Where is the breakfast, I’m going to eat it all!’

They all looked over to see who was doing the cooking, and of course they see Spike and I making some fried potatoes and eggs. Now don’t get me wrong, mares love it when you cook for them. Except for when you fainted the night before and hit your head on a hard wooden floor, and is walking around freely like nothing happened.

“Strings!” Fluttershy screams at me.

Oh shi-

“Now you listen here, go back to bed and get some rest to let your head recover from your performance last night. NOW!” Geez, talk about assertive... Figuring it would be best if Fluttershy didn’t go rage on my ass, I walked back to my room with a plate full of food on my back.

“Enjoy my breakfast you guys” I manage to say before you-know-who Fluttershy Slams my door, surprisingly enough not breaking it...

“WE WILL!” I hear them shout through door.

Dear celestia I hope this day gets better... As I drift of to sleep.

Later mid-day...

I was getting attacked by all the mares in ponyville for being a guitarist...
And then I woke up...

“OH MY GOD THEY’RE GONNA’ KILL ME!” I shout at the top of my lungs. Then I realize it was just a dream, as I’m about to plop my head down back on the pillow Fluttershy slam through the doors with a frying pan. Assuming it’s midday from the Sun, I figure I can stand up. After I explain to Fluttershy that I was having one of the best/worst nightmares (hehe night-mares You see what I did there) of my life.

“Well alright now, but you take it easy ok?” God it’s like her personality converts to being assertive when someone is either hurt or been hurt, I’m gonna’ have to make a note about not to get hurt near Fluttershy again...

As I walk out the door to my room, I see Derpy chillaxin’ on the couch eating a muffin. I see her smile at me before she tells me I’ve got mail. Mail? I didn’t order anything...

“It’s from... a... Lyra Heartstrings. It’s a letter” Either this is going to be the worst day of my life or the best... “Oh and Strings, could we maybe. I don’t know... Go on a date later?”

I had never been on a date despite me being a great guitar player, and I was really bad at talking to girls. I bet you could guess why. “Um.. I-uh ah” Well at least that statement earned me a cute laugh.

“Oops, I can’t be late for another mail delivery. I talk to you later Stringy” Unbelievable. I just got asked out on a date, while getting a death sentence letter from Her... With all of these thoughts racing through my head, I realize Fluttershy is still standing right next to me.

“Strings, I’m going to give you five seconds to RUN.”

Dear Banana Queen of Trolling why have you cursed me?

With that last sentence from Fluttershy, I grab the note and bolt out the door as fast as I can into the nearest ponyville alleyway. I unroll the scroll with my magic reading the letter.

Dear sam
As you may have already noticed half the mares in ponyville are crazy for guitar players such as yourself, for your own protection I recommend that you come to my house immediately. I also have some stuff I want to show you about playing the guitar, my last name has Strings in it too you know... Anyways good luck getting here without being swarmed by mares.
From your new coach - Lyra Heartstrings

GREAT, so my greatest nightmare is actually true... Buck you universe.

FLASHBACK ENGAGED

“Hey Shy, I found a spell that I think you would like to learn. It’s fairly basic and perfect for your personality” Twilight happily said. Eager to teach me as many spells as she could fit into my brain.
“What kind of spell” I ask questioningly. Hopefully even for a basic spell it takes a short amount of time. “It’s an invisibility spell” she said.

FLASHBACK DISENGAGED

Well here we go, first time is the charm right? RIGHT? I perform the spell and realize what twilight said after I learned it and I quote ‘ It only last for 30 seconds ‘ OH CRAP!

I run as fast as I can till I see a house with Lyra’s cutie mark on it, and as soon as I knock on the door guess what wears off... “There he is!’ I hear one mare scream. As mares are about to surround me and completely rip me to shreds, a cyan-green colored hoof pulls me inside.

“Oh thank the Banana Queen...” I say relieved of what had just happened. “The invisibility spell only worked for 30 seconds...” As I finish saying this, she slaps me. HARD.

“OW! , what was that for!” I ask like I have done nothing wrong.

“For nearly breaking my door down!”

“Oh, sorry about that.”

“Now come, we have much to learn” Lyra says in a Yoda style voice, Nah I must be imagining things, it’s like she was talking like Yoda...

The end, hope you people enjoyed!
Comment below, Yo!