• Published 24th Feb 2020
  • 498 Views, 18 Comments

The Great and Powerful Trainer Trixie! - Error403HRD



Trixie hadn't expected to be thrown into a different dimension, but she'd take it in stride. If being a Pokémon Trainer was her counterpart's goal, then it wasn't anything the Great and Powerful Trixie couldn't handle!

  • ...
1
 18
 498

Chapter 1: DISCORD!

Trixie rubbed her head, stupid Discord and his stupid portals. She opened her eyes and looked around in confusion, where was she? Discord usually sent her back into her trailer when she annoyed him, this was most definitely not her trailer. And....oh no. She looked around for a mirror and saw one at the other side of the room. She frantically crawled over and spotted an unfamiliar body. Her eyes dilated as she stared at herself. Her coat was different, her face was different, she was wearing odd clothes, and she had weird new appendages....her eye twitched,

"DISCORD!"

A set of what she assumed were hoofsteps ran up to the room. An unfamiliar figure opened the door, on their two hind legs. Maybe that was how these odd creatures stood up. The thing gave an irritated sigh,

"Trixie you have to stop yelling random things! The neighbors aren't going to be happy with all the noise you're making! Go back to sleep or I'm not letting you go on your pokémon journey." The door was then swiftly closed and the stallion walked away. Trixie was struck with an odd sense of familiarity. That stallion's voice had been similar to her father's voice.

Pushing the thought aside, Trixie attempted to stand up as the stallion had, and found that it was easy. Like this body had done so millions of times. She then tried to walk like he had. She did so with great hesitation, not used to being so far off the ground. It too was easy. How odd, perhaps she'd booted some poor soul out of their body.

Spotting a bookshelf at the other end of the room, she figured that she should probably find out as much as possible about this strange place. She walked over, trying not to lose balance like she usually did when she stayed up on her hind legs for too long, but found that it wasn't happening. Like these bodies were built to be on their hind legs for a long time.

She just grabbed a random book off the shelf and attempted to sit down. It took a bit of trial and error, but she eventually found a comfortable position and started reading.


Trixie yawned, putting up the book, and looked outside, balking, the sun was already up!? Well...she had read through several books....she should probably sleep now. Just as she got up to go to her bed, the alarm on her bedside table went off. She growled and swiftly turned it off. Surely it was an unimportant day, it wasn't like there was a calender in her room or anything.

She plopped onto her bed and snuggled under the covers. Not even five minutes later her father knocked on the door and busted in, he frowned at the sight of her in bed, "Come on Trixie, you've been nagging me about going on this pokémon journey of yours for years, get up and get dressed, breakfast will be ready in ten minutes, I expect you downstairs and ready to leave to the professor's lab." Given no chance to reply, he closed the door and Trixie groaned, but reluctantly got up. If this man was anything like her father back home, he'd have some unusual punishment for her if she disobeyed. Probably a tub of her favorite ice cream on her head or something.

She opened the wardrobe with her magic and looked over the odd clothing, she didn't particularly care about what she was wearing, but she had to be presentable. She sighed and levitated out a long sleeved dress, she had figured out what it was called after references to it had popped up in her books. It was much different from the dresses back home, but clothing was clothing. Apparently going without it was very inappropriate here, and illegal.

Pausing, she realized that she still had her magic, if her levitating the dress had been any clue. She suspiciously eyed her alarm clock and commanded it to rise. Nothing. She glared at it and tried again. Nothing. She did not have time for this! All of a sudden, the alarm clock rammed itself into the ceiling. Staring at it, Trixie figured that she should probably stop trying to use her magic and hurriedly attempted to pull her clothing on. To think that her magic had regressed back into its' volatile state was worrying.

After a few minutes of struggling, her dress was on. It looked really bland, so Trixie grabbed a belt, two things that she had figured out were called "fingerless gloves", some really long socks, and what she assumed were shoes. Something was missing. She looked in her wardrobe and smirked, pulling out her hat and cape. Perfect.

Suddenly remembering her father's demand, she darted downstairs, somewhat unsteady, and saw him set down a plate at a table. He smiled, "Just in time Trix, eat up and grab your bag, we have ten minutes until the train boards." She nodded and he disappeared to the kitchen. She stared at her plate and the utensils next to it in confusion....before attempting to grab it with her hands as she'd read someone do in her books.

She struggled for a few more moments before figuring out a good position for the fork, she started to eat the pancakes as quickly as she could. When she finished, she grabbed her dirty dishes and placed them in the sink, like she'd had to do when she was a filly. She sighed at the memory, before going back to the living room. She grabbed what she assumed to be her bag and put it on underneath her cape. Her father appeared out of no where and ushered her out the door, locking it behind them,

"Come on Trix, the train waits for no one!" She ran to catch up with him. She reached a platform, it wasn't particularly large, but there was a train there. Trixie's father showed an employee her ticket and held her back from getting on,

"Remember, you're going to Pallet Town. There's a map in your bag if you forgot the way. I love you, make sure you stay safe. If you ever feel like you made the wrong decision, you're always welcome to return home." Trixie teared up a bit and hugged her father,

"All aboard to Viridian City!" Her father ruffled her hair a bit and pushed her forward, "Good luck my Great and Powerful Trixie." Trixie nodded and raced onto the train. She didn't know why her father showing her support meant so much to her. She vowed to make him proud as she boarded the train and left any semblance of familiarity behind.

Author's Note:

So, welcome to The Great and Powerful Trainer Trixie! I don't know if my updates will be regular, they should come out every Sunday, but we'll see. I'm really really bad about schedules.

Anyway, I chose Trixie because Twilight was too mainstream for me and I don't think any of the Mane Six would've been funny. Starlight was an option, but I'm going to be honest and say that I'm not a fan. Then it turned to background ponies and I realized that I didn't know any of them that well, and trying to write them without their "counterpart" would be hard: Derpy and Doctor, Octy and Vinyl, Lyra and Bon Bon. Then I realized that, hey, Trixie is one of the few ponies I think I can somewhat write, and I don't need to bounce her off anyone specific since her personality isn't boring or too underdeveloped, and not to mention she has one parental figure, that I know of, that I could totally use instead of shoving her into an orphanage or foster home! And she's funny, so there's that. I know she has a mother in the comics, but I don't know if that counts, so :derpytongue2:

I'll try not to swear, and if I really can't work around it, there's this magical thing called censoring! So, I hope y'all enjoy, if you see any errors, please tell me and I'll fix it when I have time!

Please note that I'm writing on mobile, so my formatting may not be the best.