• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 957 Views, 7 Comments

A New Life; An Old Demon - dragovin08



In Equestria ponies liveout their lives normally but what happens when an unknown vistor enters.

  • ...
 7
 957

Chapter 7

It was early morning and Aeon woke up laying next to Shoeshine in her bed, she was still sound asleep. Yet that's what he wanted to be cause he was going to leave Equestria for it was the only way he would know that the ponies wouldn't suffer the same fate as the zenthians. Aeon got out of the bed and walked out of her bedroom, he walked down the stairs he grabbed his satchel that was resting by the front counter and tossed it over his shoulder opening the door he looked back inside thinking was he doing the right thing by running again. He turned his head back forward, he walked out the door closing the door closing it behind him. He turned heading the way into the forest leaving a place that now felt like home to him, a place where he found love. Trudging down the road he past the buildings, he looked at it knowing he was leaving the friends he made here, he was going to be alone again seeing an empty world in front of him. Passing Twilight's house the mane six were all there at her doorstep discussing something and Spike noticed Aeon crossing the bridge.

"Aeon!" Spike yelled and he turned towards them, the six plus Spike walked over to him.

"Where are you going?" Rarity asked.

"Leaving," He answered.

"What why?" Twilight asked.

"Because they found me and if I leave they might as well follow me out of Equestria."

"What do you mean by them?" Twilight asked again," Cause you talked about that yesterday."

"The gargoyles, I know they're here for me and the longer I stay, the more they'll be tempted to make you all suffer the same fate as my home did," He sighed regretfully under his breath," And I don't want to be the reason why the ponies are gone."

"What if we use the elements of harmony," Rainbow Dash suggested," It will make them go away just like Discord and Nightmare Moon."

"That won't do a thing or even work on them because they feed on death and they are driven by madness... using something that will give them the advantage by draining the life out of something will make them stronger."

"Then why don't you do anything?" Twilight asked.

"Cause my people fought agianst them and paid the price with their lives."

"So you're just going to run and not stand up agianst them," Applejack said.

"I have no other choice but to, because fighting them would have no point."

"So you really are just going to leave and run with your tail in between your legs and not stand agianst the obstacles not even caring that you made a home and friends here. So you're just going to throw that away," Twilight told him in almost a harsh tone.

"I don't want to leave but they've forced me to," He turned around," So goodbye."

"Twilight," Spike said," Aren't you going to."

"No," Twilight stopped spike from finishing his sentence.

Aeon walked into the forest walking the trail of a coward, showing that he would rather run from the things that kept him from being happy than to face them. Walking through the forest he looked to the sky and saw the rainbow that was always there was fading into thin air. There were clouds of grey covering the sky pulling it into darkness. He looked down and kept on walking through the forest; after walking for a couple of hours he found a log and sat on it. Sitting on the log he started to think about what Twilight told him and that he was looking like a coward for what he is doing. Seeing that they cared about him and he found much joy being here in Equestria, the friends he made and the mare he fell head over heels for and now he was leaving all that behind cause of his past demons. Aeon's eyes began to tear up and he put his hands over his eyes sobbing cause he didn't want to leave, he wanted to stay.

Then a noise came from the trees above; Aeon hand's moved from his eyes and he saw the trees and grass were dying now. The leaves becoming brown and the trunks shriveling up, the grass was turning grey now Equestria was suffering the same fate as Lacerta his home.

"Awwwww... shedding tears are we," The gargoyle king said walking towards Aeon from his right.

"Well I'm leaving aren't you going to be following me," Aeon responded.

"Oh yes I will," He chuckled," After I take all life from Equestria."

"You wouldn't!" Aeon quickly stood up.

"Ah yes I will did you actually think that your departure would cause me to leave too. Oh you are very naive zenthian."

"Just leave them alone, they have no part in this!" He lashed at the gargoyle king.

"Hahahaha. See now that's where you're wrong, you lead me here and now you're going to pay the price of the ponies destruction. Can you live with that burden on your soul?"

He was hesitant," I don't, I can't."

"I'll make sure to have something special for that one special to your heart; now what was her name?... Shoeshine was it."

"If you lay a hand on her I'll kill ya!" He lashed out in anger.

The gargoyle king laughed hysterically," you?! Your lowly people couldn't kill me and what difference do you think you'll make," He spread his wings and flew into the air," And now Equestria shall fall!" He flew away laughing. Aeon sat back down on the log, opened his bag and pulled out his parents locket and opened it.

In the distance the gargoyles flew into Ponyville in attack, the gargoyle king stopped above the center of the town with the gargoyles stopping around him.

"Attention all ponies of Ponyville!" Every pony looked up to the sky seeing the gargoyles above them," We have came to make ourselves at home here."

"So what are you going to do then?" A stallion asked.

"Easy, wipe your kind off the face of this pesky land."

"Not while the princess is still around."

"Oh, Now where is this powerful princess?"

"I won't tell you."

The gargoyle king grabbed the stallion's throat and started choking him," Yes you will," He tried to move but it only made the king's grasp tighter. The stallion pointed his hoof towards Canterlot and the king released his grasp off the stallion," Now was that so hard," The stallion only nodded," Now what is that place called?"

"Canterlot sire." A gargoyle told him.

"Canterlot hmmm, take them their so they can witness their all powerful ruler fall."

"Yes sire, but sire?"

"Yes."

"What about this one?"

He chuckled deceitfully," kill him," The gargoyles holding the stallion drained the life out of him until only dust remained.

"To Canterlot!" The king yelled. The gargoyles made the ponies walk towards Canterlot watching them like hawks to make sure no pony tried to run.

Aeon where did you go? Shoeshine wondered.

The gargoyles stopped and the king came towards them,"Why did you stop?"

"Sire, we can't get through this shield."

The gargoyle put his symbolized arm on the shield, it began to glow red absorbing the shield causing it to fade. The gargoyle pulled back his arm after the shield was completely gone," Now we can," Flying down the king opened the castle door he landed walking to Princess Celestia. The castle guards tried to get him but using his powers a red tentacle like appendages came out of his symbolized arm absorbing the guards to dust.

"Well a celestial being this place is full of such surprises."

"What are you here for?!" Princess Celestia asked defensively.

"I'm here to take over Equestria."

"Not on my watch," The princess used her magic and shot a beam of power at the gargoyle king. He raised his arm up doing the same thing. The beams clashed the king's power easily overwhelmed the princess' and his power hit her horn knocking her down and out of her throne. Her horn was black and smoking and her crown was by the king's foot.

He picked it up and crushed it in his hand. The ponies were coming inside the castle saw the princess already defeated and gasped in fear. A flash of lightning came and it started to pour rain; after the last pony was in the castle the doors closed.

"Make sure none come out and if any that didn't come try to play hero, kill them," The king told the gargoyles inside by the door. Outside the rest of the gargoyles were circling the castle watching inside at the same time.

Down in the forest Aeon closed his locket raising his head he knew what he had to do," If you can't escape the past. You can surely face it," Aeon quickly jumped to his feet, reaching into his bag he dropped his locket and pulled out and unwrapped his sword and shield. Strapping his sword to his back and his shield to his his left arm. He rushed himself to Canterlot since he can see the gargoyles circling it. Aeon wasn't going to let Equestria suffer like his home, as his fear was now overwhelmed by his drive for redemption.

He began climbing the mountain, even though the rocks were slippery his gecko like feet prevented him from slipping off the rocks but that just made his climb to Canterlot much easier.

Inside the castle the gargoyle king was setting his plan in motion," what are you going to do with us?" Princess Cadence asked.

"What I want is not to negotiate but to lure you all and you greatly complied," Quickly laughing," Now any volunteers?"

"We will not let you do this!" The princess told him.

"Oh we can and we will my pretty and you will be the first to go if you keep talking," He walked towards Cadence.

Aeon finally made it to Canterlot, hanging on the edge he ducked his head so the gargoyles passing by wouldn't see him. After they passed by he lifted himself up to the ground on Canterlot. Pulling out his sword he lifted his shield to his chest and banged his sword agianst it. The gargoyles looked towards Aeon now lifting his sword in the air.

"Alright! Who's first!" He yelled. A flash of lightning happened again, lifting his shield ready for attack.

"Wait I thought he left?" One gargoyle said.

"It doesn't matter let's kill him!" The gargoyles charged at Aeon and he started moving himself also. He swung his sword striking gargoyles and bashing his shield to push them back. He used every once of his energy to fight the on coming and what seemed like endless gargoyles.

Inside the castle Cadence was now getting under the king's skin and he was going to kill her first," Well if you're so eager to really aggravate me," Grabbing Cadence's neck," then you're eager to die first," he lick her cheek.

"Let her go!" Shining Armor was standing just a couple feet from the king ready to fight him.

"Oh, it looks like you're off the hook pretty one," He dropped her, Shining Armor tried to ram him but the gargoyle king quickly grabbed Shining Armor lifting him off the ground by his neck.

Aeon lifted his shield up again, the gargoyles though he was going to bash them again. Then he lifted his sword holding it like a spear and began running with every bit of strength he had. He rammed through the gargoyles until he made it to the castle doors bursting them open and killing the two gargoyles guarding it.


"Well my first volunteer ready to die. Oh I'm so flattered," his right arm was glowing," now prepare!" Then a sword came flying down striking the king in his arm holding Shining Armor. The gargoyle king let out a grunted scream dropping Shining Armor to the floor, he turned his head and saw Aeon.

"Enough!" The gargoyles behind Aeon stopped," this is between you and me."

"So you came back," He pulled the sword out of his arm and quickly healed it, he stabbed the sword into the ground in front of him and they stood ready to do battle with one another. Now Aeon was now truly fighting the demon of his past.