• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 956 Views, 7 Comments

A New Life; An Old Demon - dragovin08



In Equestria ponies liveout their lives normally but what happens when an unknown vistor enters.

  • ...
 7
 956

Chapter 6

It's been just a couple days now and today Aeon was heading to Zecora's to help out Twilight. Walking in the forest he was a bit lost eventhough he had a map with him. Twilight had sent him to get some ingredients from Zecora's. Looking at the map and continuing to walk Aeon started smelling something and it was a familiar smell. He started looking around at the trees for the smell was of ashes.

Could it be them, He started thinking, looking around towards the trees and even behind himself to make sure nothing followed him. Feeling a tense paranoia thinking now that they found him, he felt like moving quickly. So he started fast walking trying to get out of the forest, yet his paranoia made him end up back at Twilight's, rushing iniside he slammed the door behind him.

"Oh you're back did you get the ingredients?" Twilight asked.

"No."

"Why not?"

"It's just I- I think something is following me that's all."

"Well that's no reason."

"It is for me," Twilight could tell in his voice he was afraid of something," I just think something is out there waiting for me."

"What is?"

"I don't know... I just hope it's not them," He walked to look out the window. For some reason he just had this feeling that he's being watched. He stood at that window for a few minutes looking out it as if he was paranoid," Maybe it's just my imagination. "

"What did you mean by them Aeon?"

"The things that made me leave my home."

"What? I though you said you left your home to start a new life."

"I did but to also escape the demons of the past, to forget that my home is now dead and I have no reason to go back."

"What do you mean by that?" She began to feel concerned.

"I have no home to go to my home is gone," He sighed in regret," gone along with my people."

Twilight gasped," Are you saying that you're the- the last of your kind," All he did was nod his head not even saying a word," Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"Cause I didn't think had to tell anyone," He moved away from the window to the door," I need to go," opening the door and walking outside. He started to walk to Shoeshine's thinking about that they were here in Equestria and what they would do to the ponies. Making it to her house he reached for the door knob, but the knob didn't twist. Aeon immediately knew she wasn't there. So he went looking around town to find her, walking through town that same feeling kept creeping up his spine and now Aeon was Just terrified that they were here to finish the job and that he should leave cause he didn't want to put the ponies in danger of suffering the same fate of the zenthains.

"Aeon," Applejack said to him.

"Woah! Hey Applejack."

"Sorry did I scare ya?"

"No just a little confused about something."

"You sure? Cause you look really tense. You okay?"

"Yeah... anything you need help with."

"Hmmm. Nope just wanted to say hi," Aeon looked away for a second," Well see ya later sugarcube," Applejack started trotting off to her home.

A couple of hours have past and Aeon started growing worried and that death smell returned to him cause him to get to the brink of panicking. The sun was almost set now almost becoming night, near the bridge at the river Aeon saw Shoeshine.

"Shoeshine!" Aeon quickly went to her.

"Aeon," She saw the tense look in his face," Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fi..." His pupils shrunk and his eyes widened in fear seeing that they did find him. There were tens of red eyes staring towards him and the red orange eyes staring directly at him," Shoeshine, run," Aeon closed his hands into fists.

"Why," Shoeshine saw his hands.

"Just run!" He yelled, behind him a bunch of winged figures tackled him down trying to scratch at him. Aeon was holding back.

"Don't you remember, we said we would find you," one of them said with its sickly light sounding voice close to his face. Its red eyes glowing over his face and its bat like face showing its sharp teeth.

"Get off me!" He kicked it off him. Aeon jumped up on to all fours with his tail raised and his frill fanned letting out a huge roar.

"Oh scary zenthian, I hope your bite is bigger than your bark," Aeon jumped and tackled the gargoyle. Slamming it to the ground Aeon punched its face with full force, his fist caved into its face and when his fist hit the ground the gargoyle turned in to ash.

"Huh?" Another one landed on his back stabbing his claws into it. Aeon let out a yelp of pain; reaching behind himself he grabbed the gargoyle throwing it off his back. The gargoyle stopped in the air and saw Shoeshine standing there scared to death.

The gargoyle rushed towards her but Aeon grabbed it by its tail and pulled it towards him putting it into a headlock," Go now, run!" He yelled again and this time Shoeshine ran into town to try and get help. Pulling the gargoyle out of the headlock, it slashed him across the chest with its claws and Aeon grunted from the pain.

"you can't win no matter what you do," flying with it wings spread out in front of Aeon. Aeon looked up at it hold his chest. Its bright red orange eyes and small stature were above him laughing at him. Aeon tried to jump at it but he couldn't move since two other gargoyles had his legs. A gargoyle in front of him kicked him in his face, then another one grabbed his neck from behind. The two gargoyles holding his legs let go of him, letting the gargoyle holding his neck lift him into the air. The gargoyle swung Aeon throwing him at a tree as he hit the tree's trunk he became dazed.

In town Shoeshine was search for the guards to ask for help but she could see none in sight. Yet she kept running just to find that sign of hope for help.

Aeon started to get back up, then a hand grabbed from behind and slamming him in to the tree again, holding him against it. He saw a gargoyle coming at him flying at full speed to strike him with his its left hand glowing a red color. Swinging his tail he struck the gargoyle making it hit another tree and its glowing hand touched the tree causing it to set into flames.

Looking out of her bedroom window Twilight could see the light and smoke from the flame since the moon was full tonight," What's going on?" Asking herself. Turning away from the window to go downstairs to go outside.

Aeon pushed himself off the tree, using his tail he wrapped around the gargoyle's neck that was holding him. He whipped his tail swinging the gargoyle slamming it to the ground. As he was about to strike using his foot but a bunch of gargoyles tackled Aeon, hitting the ground he couldn't move, they overwhelmed him from how many were holding him. Most of the gargoyles let go of him leaving two gargoyles holding his arms and another two holding his legs; Aeon was squirming until he heard footsteps coming towards him. It was that same figure from his nightmares. Those beady red orange eyes, those large bat wings, his right arm covered in symbols turned into stone, those bat like ears, and that demon looking face aligned with rows of sharp teeth walking towards him.

"Well, well, well it really is you zenthian," His deep sickly voice said," I was just about to give up looking for you,"

"Liar, I know you wouldn't give up," Aeon lashed back.

The large gargoyle lifted his symbolized arm to the flaming tree, running his claws along the trunk the flames immediately disappeared. He pulled his arm down and walked until he was just inches away from Aeon. He lift that same arm putting a finger under Aeon's chin," Still the same," He chuckled," I thought you would have gone soft zenthian."

"Well if you're here to finish the job I'm right here," turning his head realizing the gargoyles forgot to hold his tail, so he wrapped his tail around the tree behind him pulling on a branch to use on them.

He chuckled deceitfully," So eager to die are we, you make this too easy," He pulled his symbolized arm back to strike Aeon," Minions."

"Yes my king," One gargoyle said.

"Hold him still," His symbolized stone arm started to glow red. Then Aeon let go of the branch, ducking his head it swung around hitting the gargoyles holding his arms. Aeon whipped his tail around striking the gargoyle king's face disorienting him but only for a second. Aeon then swung his claws at the gargoyles holding his legs making them let go, he ran into town.

"Should we go after him?" One gargoyle asked.

"No," He opened his hand letting a leaf land in his palm," With such life in this place we could take it for ourselves, but since he believes that we are just to kill him."

"What are meaning by this my Liege?"

"He'll leave," he used his power abosrbing the life from the tree ," And when he does these ponies won't even stand a chance," He began laughing knowing that his plan will work since he knows Aeon fears them.

Aeon was running through town, stopping near Shoeshine's he sat down holding his chest. The wound was deep but not deep enough to cause major damage. Shoeshine turned around the corner seeing Aeon sitting near her house.

"Aeon!" She ran to him," Oh my gosh you're hurt," She helped him get up. Aeon was a bit dizzy now and was having a hard time trying to stay up. Shoeshine helped him inside her house, helping up the stairs to her bedroom," Sit here, I'll go get the first aid kit," She went inside her bathroom to get the first aid kit.

Aeon sat on the bed still holding his chest," I can't believe they found me, I can't..."

Shoeshine came over with a first aid kit and set it down next to him," What were they?"

"Gargoyles, creatures of the night, creatures of darkness and death."

Shoeshine opened the first aid pulling out some gauss to soak up the blood," We should inform the princess," She put the gauss on the wound on his chest. Aeon sat with his hanging down knowing that if he stayed any longer that he would put the ponies into peril," Do you know why they're here?"

"They're here to finish the job, they're here for me," Aeon was holding the gauss while Shoeshine was getting bandages out to wrap around the wound. Shoeshine climbed on to the bed to wrap the gauss, she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Are you going to leave?"

"I don't know because I don't want to but, I don't want you all to suffer the same fate as my home."

"I hope you don't cause I believe you can stop them," She wrapped the bandages around his chest and back. When she finished, she put everything back in the kit's box and closed it setting it on the end table. Aeon got up off the bed to stand up.

"I should get going," Aeon started to move but Shoeshine grabbed his hand with her hooves and when she did that he looked at her.

"No stay, please" Aeon sat right next to her and held her in his arms all night, never letting her go.