• Published 19th Aug 2012
  • 1,311 Views, 59 Comments

Twins in Equestria - RagingDemonSlayer

  • ...
6
 59
 1,311

Ch. 9: Dragons and Mountains and Cliffs! Oh my!

Twins in Equestria

Chapter. 9: "Dragons, Mountains and Cliffs, oh my!"




Matthew was having a good dream. He was Asura from "Asura's Wrath" and began pummeling One of his most hated heros of all time. Superman. It was going really great for him, until he was harshly woken up by a bucket of water splashed on his face.


SPLASH!!!!!!


"What the hell!!!" Matthew yelled.

"Wake your ass up Matt. It's your turn to get the groceries." Mark smiled.

"You're such an asshole. you know that, right?" Matt said.

"Love you too, brother."

Mark then left to his room and closed the door, leaving a wet Matthew laying on his bed.

"Fucking douche. It's ALWAYS my turn to get groceries." Matt grumbled, switching his clothes to one Rarity had made for him. He then made himself some pancakes, because let's be honest, who doesn't like pancakes?

'He could've gave me at least a paper with all the things they needed.' Matthew thought. He then heard someone knocking softly on his door, and went to see who it was.


"Yes?" Matthew asked, looking down to see Fluttershy looking up at him.

"Oh hey Matthew. Sorry for disturbing you, but something bad, really bad is happening, and nopony will listen to me." Fluttershy told him.

"Well what's the prob-" The boy began coughing, before looking up to see smoke, covering almost the whole sky.

"Oh crap. I forgot about that." Matt murmured, practically shaking with fright.

"Umm...Fluttershy? That smoke. Is th-that the problem?" Matthew asked, nervously.

"How did you know? If you don't mind me asking..." Fluttershy said.

"Well, maybe because there's lots of smoke flowing around the town." Matt fearfully pointed to Ponyville.

"Oh dear. That's horrible!" Fluttershy cried.

"We got to do something about it. I'll go get Mark up, and you gather all the girls." Matthew ordered.

"Alright. I'll try..." Fluttershy mumbled. She then took off, as for Matt....


"Mark!!! Open the damn door!!!"


"What's the password?"


"Open the fucking door you self-centered jackass!!"


"Whatever problem you got your dumbass into, leave me out of it."


"What?! Shutup and listen! There's smoke! LOTS of it! I think you know what this means!"


"Someone was stupid enough to leave their oven on?"


"No you dumbass! Dragon! As in the episode 'Dragonshy'!"


"So?"


"So?! That means you need to get off your lazy ass and open this door to help me and the girls get rid of it!"


"I'll believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet."


Matt then began banging on the door. "Goddammit Mark open the fucking door!" There was no reply.

"Matthew! What's going on?" Twilight ran up to him, with the other mane 6 in tow.

"I'm trying to open the door, but Mark locked it, so I can't get in." Matthew told Twilight. Her horn began glowing, and you could hear something unlock near them.

"Alright. I unlocked it." Twilight said. The twin then began opening the door.

"Wait no! Don't come in!" Mark yelled, but it was too late as they already came in and saw what he was doing.

Matt and the girls came in to see all these boxes and furnitures stacked up on eachother, revealing Mark all the way on the top, trying to get through a window. The rest of the time was spent in awkward silence.


"You can't see me!" Mark grinned nervously, waving his hand around his face.

Matt sighed at his brother's stupidity.


—————————


"Let me go!! You can't do this to me! I have rights! When I get out of here, I'm gonna SUE ALL OF YOU!! YOU TOO MATT!!! THEN Y'ALL WILL BE FUCKING BROKE AND BECOME BUMS AND HAVE TO BEG FOR FORGIVENESS FROM M-"


Mark voice was muffled by a spell the purple unicorn casted.

"There we go. All better." She smiled. "You said it." Matthew agreed.

They had been walking, having to resort to force in bringing both Mark and Fluttershy along with them. Through a lot of talking, Fluttershy reluctantly agreed to help them, but Mark had to be contained in a magic barrier, in order to bring him as well, which right now he was banging on it as hard as he could.


'Those bastards! How dare they do this to me! They'll get what's coming to them! And Matt! I'll make him suffer last! And boy will it be satisfying to see the look on his face when he realizes it!' Mark smiled coldly as he thought up the perfect plan.


"Alright girls. Are y'all ready for this?" Twilight asked.

The ponies nodded their heads, except for Fluttershy, who cowered in fear.

"Matt? Are you sure you wanna help? Its okay if you want to leave. I'm alright with it." Twilight told Matt.

"I'm sure. We'll help you with whatever we can." Mark, seemed to be extremely angry, as he began trying to tear his way out of the sphere in order to run away.

"We're helping them no matter what Mark, so quit your whining." Matt sternly said.

Mark stopped and sat down, flicking him off.

"Why don't you sit on it." Matt replied.

This seemed to really agitate Mark, since he started swearing as much as could, even though they couldn't hear what he was saying.

"Alright. Let's begin shall we?" Matthew told Twilight, thus beginning their journey to save their town.


The ponies and humans (save for Mark, who was still in the magic bubble sleeping.) walked most of the way up the mountain, but still had a long way to go.

"Grr...why don't we just fly up there?! This is way too slow for me." Rainbow Dash fumed.

"Because Rainbow, not all of us have wings." Twilight informed the anxious pegasus, which she moaned of pure boredom.

"Just endure it for the time being, we'll soon be up at the top." Matt said. Rainbow huffed, before continuing along.

"I hear the only thing that sparkles more than a dragon's scales are the jewels they use to build their nests. Ooo, if I play my cards right, I might be able to convince him to part with a few!" Rarity said, smiling as she imagined herself showered with all sorts of jewelry. "Welcome to my cave, Rarity. Care for a diamond?"

Pinkie then roared, making everyone laugh, except for Twilight.

"Girls, this is no laughing matter! Fluttershy, you're the expert on wild creatures. What do you think the dragon will be like? Fluttershy?" The then turned to see Fluttershy far behind them, shaking in terror.

"Hey! What are you waiting for! An invitation?!" Rainbow yelled.

"Ooh! I think I have one in my bag." Pinkie then looked through her bag.

"C'mon Fluttershy, you know we can't do this without you." Twilight said.

"I-it's so... so... steep." Fluttershy shuddered.

"Well, it is a cliff. You could just, oh, I don't know, fly up here?" Rainbow said.

"Come on, Fluttershy, you can do it. Flap those wings!" Pinkie cheered.

"Oh... okay." Fluttershy muttered. She began flying, when a loud snore came from up top. Fluttershy's wings instantly snapped tight on her sides, making her fall back down, cowering in fear. Rainbow Dash groaned.

"Uh, we don't have time for this. What are you doing?" Twilight asked.

"I'm going to take her around the mountain another way." Applejack stated.

"Around the mountain? That's going to take them forever."

Another snore came from up top, making Fluttershy flip over and bleat like a mountain goat.

"Don't worry, Twi. We'll be there lickety-split." She assured.

"You know I could just carry her on my shoulder, right?" Matthew told the group.

"We are aware of that, but we'll let Applejack take her around the cliff. That pony would probably have a heart attack having to hear more of that dragon's snoring." Twilight informed the boy.

"I guess that makes sense....." Matthew rubbed the back of his head.

---------------------

"Whoo-hoo! I win again!" Pinkie jumped for joy.

"Ugh. That's thirty-five games in a row. Best of seventy-one?" Rarity asked.

"We. *huff* Made.*huff* It." Applejack panted.

"I Told you it was going to take them forever." Rainbow Dash grunted.

Soon, the party made it to a part where they would have to jump across a chasm in order to continue on. One by one, each pony leapt across, Matt being the last person to cross before it was the shy Pegasus's turn.
Fluttershy gulped.

"Your turn, Fluttershy." Twilight yelled.

"But..it's so... wide." Fluttershy whined.

"Come on, Fluttershy, we should be much farther along by now." Twilight said. "You could just leap on over." Applejack calmly told her.

"I--" Fluttershy was cut off by the dragon's snore. "I don't know." Pinkie Pie jumped back over to her friend.
"There's nothing to be afraid of. It's just a hop, skip and a jump. See?"

(Random short song)

"It's not very far, Just move your little rump. You can make it if you try with a hop, skip and jump"

"We don't have time for this." Twilight facehoofed.

"A hop, skip and jump, Just move your little rump, A hop, skip and jump, A hop, skip and jump, A hop, skip and jump, A hop skip and jump, A hop skip and jump!"

Fluttershy then built up as much confidence as she could, preparing to jump. "O-okay. Here I go. A hop." Applejack and the others cheered on. "That's it."
" You've got it."
"Almost there."

"Skiiip....."

"Just don't look down." Twilight said, Matt sighing at how ridiculous it was when she said that. Fluttershy looked down almost fell, if it weren't for the way being so small. "I guess I forgot to jump." Fluttershy smiled sheepishly.

"Let's keep it down. According to my map, we're entering an avalanche zone. The smallest peep could cause a huge rock slide." Twilight stated, effectively shushing all the ponies. "An... an ava... ava..." Fluttershy mumbled. "Shhh!" Twilight yelled quietly. It wasn't very long for Fluttershy to scream when a leaf fell on her back. "AVALA--!"

Everyone sighed at the bashful pony's fail. Suddenly, the rocks above them began falling down. "Avalanche!" The whole party cried.



Mark right then woke up still inside his prison, only to see boulders slowly coming down on him. "Well back to dreamland for me." Mark then fell back to sleep.


Oh no! Help! Ooh!" Twilight screamed, where she was pushed away by Applejack from a giant that would've crushed her entire body. Eventually the landslide stopped, and the dust finally settled.

"Oh my! Everypony okay?" Applejack called out.

"Thanks to you I am." Twilight smiled.

"Whoo-hoo! Let's do it again!" Pinkie yelled excitedly.

"Uh! This is why a girl always packs extra accessories. Oh, please tell me I brought the tiara that goes with this." Rarity moaned, looking through her bags.

"Uh, think we got bigger problems than making sure our hair bows match our horseshoes." Rainbow Dash snapped.

"Sorry." Fluttershy sighed.

Applejack waved it off. "Aw, no big whoop, sugar cube."

"Yeah, we'll just have to-" Twilight looked at the new wall they had to climb and groaned.


"-climb over."


It wasn't long for the heroes to finally get over the boulders.
Rainbow Dash went up to Twilight.

"Still think it was a good idea to bring Fluttershy along?" Twilight continued onward.

"We're about to find out. We're here. Rainbow Dash, you'll use your wings to clear the smoke." She told the fast cyan pony.

"Mm-hmm." Rainbow agreed. Twilight then turned to Rarity and Pinkie Pie.

"You two will create a diversion to distract the dragon if things get a little hairy in there." She ordered. She then looked at the country mare.

"Applejack, be ready with the apples in case he decides to attack. But it shouldn't come to that, because Fluttershy will do what she needs to do to wake him up, and between the two of us, we should be able to get him to understand why he needs to go. Is everypony ready?" The mares cheered.

"And you." She looked at Matt.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I need you and your brother to get everypony out of here in case we fail." Twilight Sparkle told Matt.

"Got it." The boy nodded his head.

"Okay then, we're goin' in. So, what is the best way to wake up a sleeping dragon without upsetting him? Fluttershy? Oh, come on! Come on!" She then started pushed Fluttershy.

"We have to do this! Now! Every second longer that dragon sleeps is another acre of Equestria that is covered in smoke. Ooh!" She then fell flat on her face making Pinkie Pie laugh.

"I-- I-- I can't go in the cave."

The ponies groaned. "Oh, great. She's scared of caves now, too." Rainbow Dash said.


"I'm not scared of caves, I'm scared of..."

"What's that, sugarcube?"

"I'm scared of..."

"What?"

"...I'm scared of dragons!" On cue, the dragon snored.

"But Fluttershy. You have a wonderful talent dealing with all kinds of animals." Twilight said.

"Yes, because they're not dragons." She replied.

"Oh come on! We've seen you walk right up to a horrible manticore like it was nothing." Rainbow Dash growled.

"Yes, because he wasn't a dragon." Fluttershy said to her. Pinkie popped up next to her.

"Spike is a dragon. You're not scared of him." Fluttershy looked at her as if she were crazy.

"Yes, because he's not a huge, gigantic, terrifying, enormous, teeth-gnashing, sharp-scale having, horn-wearing, smoke-snoring, could eat a pony in one bite, totally all grown-up dragon!"

(Dragon snore)

Fluttershy whimpered.

"But, if you're so afraid of dragons, why didn't you say something before we came all the way up here?"

Fluttershy looked down.

"I was afraid to."

Rainbow Dash covered her face fustrated. Applejack went to comfort the yellow pegasus.

"All of us are scared of that dragon.-"

Rainbow Dash faced them.

"I'm not!"

Applejack continued her speech.

"Almost all of us are scared of that dragon, but we've got a job to do. So, get in there with Twilight and show her what you're made of."

Fluttershy had her back facing the group.

"I-- I-- I just... can't."

"Oh, Fluttershy." Twilight sighed, watching her go.



"I'm goin' in. He... probably just doesn't realize what he's doing. Right?" She said to herself as she headed into the cave.

"Most likely he does!" Matthew shouted.

----------------------

It took a few minutes for her to run out, screaming. Same with the other ponies, except for Pinkie trying to do.....whatever a pinkie does.

"That's it! I can't take it anymore!" Rainbow Dash flew straight in.

"Rainbow Dash no!!" Twilight yelled, but fell on deaf ears. Rainbow Dash flew right up to the dragon's snout and bucked it with all her might.

"WAKE UP!" Rainbow Dash yelled.

The dragon, enraged at her, roared in her face.

"Uh oh." She muttered.


Mark woke up to the frightfilled screaming of the mares and the sound of Matt trying to wake him up.

The bubble surrounding Mark had vanished, and he quickly took the opportunity to flee the scene.

"Mark! "Get your fucking ass back here!" Matt yelled, but to no effect as Mark already climbed down the mountain and ran straight back to Ponyville. He then looked forward to see the dragon give him a smug look.

Matt glared at it.

"Alright you asshole. You must feel so strong, picking on those weaker than you huh? You're a coward, you know it and I know it. Hurting small ponies and such. You must feel so good right now." Matthew yelled.

The dragon growled before launching Matt into the boulder where the girls were with it's tail.


CRACK!! (random sound effect)

"F-fucking pus-s-sy." Matt mumbled before falling unconcious. Fluttershy heard the rock behind her break so she quickly turned, only to see her friends hurt. She immediately looked up to the dragon.


"How dare you...."


the dragon snarled at her.



"HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!" Fluttershy then flew right on his muzzle.

"LISTEN HERE MISTER! JUST BECAUSE YOUR BIG DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO BE A BULLY! YOU MAY HAVE HUGE TEETH AND SHARP SCALES AND SNORE SMOKE AND BREATHE FIRE! BUT YOU DO NOT -- I REPEAT! YOU DO NOT HURT MY FRIENDS!!" She looked the dragon in the eye.

"You got that?"

The dragon looked as if it were sorry.

"Well?" Fluttershy asked.

"But that rainbow one kicked me."

The dragon pointed to Rainbow Dash's sleeping body.

"And I am very sorry about that. But you're bigger than she is, and you should know better. You should also know better than to take a nap where your snoring can become a health hazard to other creatures." Fluttershy informed him.

"But I-"

the dragon was stopped by the assertiveness of the yellow pegasus.

"Don't you but I me mister. Now what do have to say for yourself?" The dragon was on brink of bawling.

"I said, WHAT do you have to say for yourself?" The dragon finally broke down.

Fluttershy soothed it in a motherly fashion.

"There, there. No need to cry. You're not a bad dragon, you just made a bad decision. Now go pack your things. You just need to find a new place to sleep. That's all."

And with that, the dragon got it's things and left the cave.


The ponies then cheered for her. "You did it! I knew you could do it!" Twilight cheered, while Fluttershy smiled at her accomplishment.


-------------------------------



-----------------------------

In the library, Twilight trotted up the stairs as Spike threw Angel halfway across the room to get the bunny off of his arm. Being the good exemplary student she was, she immediately called spike to
write another letter to her teacher.

"Spike take a letter."

"With pleasure." Spike said giving a smug look at Angel.

"Dear Princess Celestia, I am happy to report that the dragon has departed our fair country, and that it was my good friend, Fluttershy, who convinced him to go. This adventure has taught me to never lose faith in your friends.
They can be an amazing source of strength, and can help you overcome even your greatest fears.
Always your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle."

Applejack then came into the library with a look of excitement.

"Twilight! You gotta come see this! She's just five away from a new pony record!" Applejack exclaimed.

The three went outside to see Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy and Matt watching Rainbow Dash keep a ball bouncing in the air.

"Three hundred forty-seven, three hundred forty-eight..." Pinkie then came up behind her and roared, scaring the cyan pony out of concentration.

"Dragon!" Rainbow Dash fell over like a goat, making the ponies and twin laugh.

"Why are you laughing? That awful dragon is back!" Pinkie Pie then faced her and roared again.

"Pinkie Pie, you scared me! I mean, uh, you... broke my concentration."

Fluttershy put a hoof on Rainbow Dash's shoulder.

"It's okay, Rainbow Dash. Not every pony can be as brave as me." Right then a leaf fell on her, making her jump and do the same thing as everyone laughed.

"Hey guys!" They all turned to see Mark holding a batch of blueberry muffins.

"I kinda felt guilty about ditching y'all, so I asked the Cakes if they could make some muffins for y'all when you came back." Mark smiled.

"Wow, Mark. Thanks." Matthew said, as they all took a muffin. "Don't mention it." Mark smiled. They began eating their muffins.

"Boy, that was good!"

"That tasted marvelous!"

After a while everyone's stomachs rumbled and their faces turned slightly green. One thing led to another, and they all fled straight back to their homes. Matt fell to his knees, clutching his tummy. "The muffins......they-"


"They taste funny? I'm not suprised." Matt looked up at Mark, who bore an evil grin.

"While you guys dealt with the dragon, I got muffins from the cakes, but you already know that." Mark said, walking around Matthew, before crouching down to his level and raised a finger.

"But what you don't know is that I put something in them. I put very little for the ponies, like a little drop, because c'mon, who would hurt ponies? But you, on the other hand, that's a different story. What I did was I stuffed yours with a shitload of laxative." Mark chuckled, while Matthew immediately got up and ran to their house as fast as he could.


"It's fun being me." Mark laughed.

------------------------------------
Back at the mansion, Mark pulled up a chair next to the phone to finally end his long day.

(Back at twilight's library)

Suddenly, the telephone began to ring.

"Seriously, who in the hay keeps calling here at night? Spike, could you answer that please?" Twilight asked getting out of the restroom sluggishly.

Spike walked to the telephone and answered it.

"Hello?" said Spike.

"So does twilight know that you're gay?" The stranger asked.

"Uhhhh........." (Spike didn't know how to answer to this weird question.)

"No?"

"Hahahahahahaha!! Silly faggot, dicks are for chicks!" the stranger yelled before hanging up.

Spike hung up the phone and walked back upstairs to his bed.

"Spike, who was that?" Twilight asked.

"I don't know. Oh by the way, what does gay mean?"

Author's Note:

Well that's it for this chapter! We have recently been in computer contact so maybe the next chapter won't take so long to update next time. Make sure to be on the lookout for the next misadventure of Twins in Equestria in ch. 10: Parasprites and Barfights. See you in the next chapter. - Yours truly, Mark