• Published 16th Dec 2011
  • 8,001 Views, 174 Comments

Chaos Descending - Atheron



After reading a strange book, Ash Ketchum goes on a new adventure; in Equestria!

  • ...
8
 174
 8,001

Unexpected Visitors Part I

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon nor MLP:FiM. Those are the property of Nintendo/Game Freak and Hasbro, respectively.

So, for those who actually still read this story, here’s a new chapter of Chaos Descending!

Sorry about the wait! Also, this chapter isn’t really a pony-filled chapter. Next one will be though!

~~~

While Ash was trying vainly to figure out the source of Fluttershy’s behavior, another mystery was unfolding far, far away…..

Kanto

“Hey Misty!” a voice called out into the near-empty gym.

Another trainer responded, her bright orange hair whipping around her head as she turned to face the newcomer. She was fairly attractive, and often had many trainers come in and offer her a date. She politely refused (well except that one time, but that was different. Well, that’s what she told the police afterwards, anyways).

The Cerulean City gym leader waved a ‘hello. “Hey Brock! I see you’re still wearing that outfit from our journeying days. Show some creativity, man!”

“Eh, I’ve changed before! Plus, I felt nostalgic for the good old days,” reminisced Brock fondly, looking down at his vest. The tall, brown and spiky-haired breeder had worn an orange shirt with a green vest over it, along with brown pants and sneakers. “I mean, it’s kind of weird now that I think about it, having gone this long without traveling with Ash…”

Misty paused in thought. “Hmm….you know, now that you mention Ash, I have an idea!”

And before Brock could react, Misty disappeared into the back of the gym.

“What-?” Brock thought confusedly as he followed Misty’s path to the back of the gym. Passing by her Gyrados and Pysduck, he waved hello and threw a few pieces of food to each one. They accepted his gift gratefully, although Psyduck managed to almost choke himself on it.

Anyways….

“Mist? Hey!” called Brock, looking around for the gym leader. “Oof!”

He turned around and noticed he had bumped into Daisy, Misty’s older sister.

“Who-? Oh, hello Brock-“ Daisy began.

“Hello Daisy, your name is perfect for you, as you are an uncontested beauty, much like the flower itself,” Brock said, his eyes momentarily changing into hearts.

Daisy sighed. She’d been through this act already, and seen how Misty handled it. She reached over his head, grabbed his ear, and yanked hard.

“OW!” yelped Brock.

“Better,” Daisy said, nodding. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh, I was looking for Misty. She ran back here once I mentioned Ash during our conversation earlier…”

Daisy mused silently and nodded. She stepped out of his way as Brock continued on his search. He pushed in a few doors, knocked on some locked ones, got kicked out of the ladies room, checked around some corners, got kicked out of the ladies room a second time….but nothing.

He sighed and sat down in a nearby chair, wondering where Misty had gotten off to, when all of a sudden, his chair tilted forward and knocked him to the ground.

“Ouch! What the-?”

He turned and realized his chair was set in front of a door. And to make him feel more like an idiot, he noticed it said “Gym Leader” across the top.

“Oh gosh Brock! Are you okay?”

He glanced up and noticed Misty extending a hand to him. He grabbed it thankfully, and pulled himself up.

“Thanks Misty….Hey, nice clothes!”

Misty had dressed, like Brock, in the same clothes they had while in Kanto and Johto so long ago. She twirled around in glee and said “Thanks! I haven’t worn these in so long, I almost forgot I had them until you walked in!”

Brock laughed and said, “Now all we need to finish our amazing trio is Ash!”

Then silence.

“Hmm….have you seen Ash lately Mist?” asked Brock after a moment of thinking.

“Now that you mention it….no, I haven’t.”

Hall of Legendaries

Arceus panicked, flipping through his book of spells and random nonsense he used on humans for his own amusement.

“Where is it, where is it.... shipping spell...banana summoning spell...Wait, what's Celestia's spell doing in my book? AH! Here it is!”

He opened the book to a spell called “Prohibuisti memoria” and quickly skimmed through its lengthy description.

“Binds memory until further notice……Blocks memory from entering mind…..There aren’t any loopholes in this stupid spell! How the heck are those two remembering anything?”

He slammed the book shut in annoyance, neglecting to notice a small torn piece flutter down from the book.

Not effective on those who are truly important to the subject of the spell.

~~~

Daisy Waterflower sat in her favorite chair in the kitchen, sipping from a large cup of coffee and sighing in pleasure.

“This is nice….” she murmured to herself.

Suddenly, Misty and Brock barreled through the kitchen door and confronted her, asking “Have you seen Ash?”

Daisy had no idea what she was talking about and tried to comfort her little sister, but the two had already disappeared after grabbing a quick snack on the way out.

“Wait Misty! What about the gym? MISTY!”

“On the way to Pallet Town, probably not back till’ nighttime, bye!”

Daisy sat back in her chair. “Well, hopefully, there aren’t any challengers today…”

As if the gods decided to mock her, she heard a voice call out for a gym battle.

“Oh Arceus, I haven’t actually battled anyone in forever!” thought Daisy, panicking. “Coming!”

She strode out, expecting a fierce challenger, but was met with a little boy.

“Oh, thank Arceus, it’s just a little kid. He’ll just lose and I’ll tell him he should train for a few more days until Misty gets back!”

“Are you the gym leader?” yelled the little kid.

“No, I am filling in for the gym leader,” she responded. “But I’m still just as good! Go, Dewgong!”

The Sea Lion Pokémon came out in a flash of light, barking eagerly as it faced down its challenger.

The kid snickered and reached for his belt, and threw his Pokémon. “Go, Magneton!”

Daisy sweatdropped. “This isn’t going to end well….”

~~~

Brock and Misty ran all around town, asking questions about Ash, only to get little or no useful information. It was like everyone remembered Ash as he was a month ago, and had no idea about what’s happened ever since.

“This is stupid! How can no one know where he is?” exclaimed Misty indignantly.

“Calm down Misty, I’m sure we’ll find him,” placated Brock.

“I hope so, because when we do find him, Ash won’t forget about not telling us anything for a long, long time!”

Brock thanked Arceus and the Legendary Gods silently that he was not in Ash’s position right now. He’d seen enough to know Misty’s threats were real enough, and that she could actually back them up.

The duo knocked on the door of the Ketchum house again for the fifth time this hour, but once again received no answer.

“ARGH! Where is Ash?”

Brock sighed and leaned against the door. All of a sudden, the door moved inwards and Brock was left clutching at air before falling backwards and landing in a heap on the floor.

“Ow….seriously? Stupid doors…”

Misty however, was more serious as she noticed the door seemingly opened and unlocked. She slowly stepped in and peered around.

“Psst! Brock, get up!” she hissed.

“Not until my head stops hurting!” he insisted.

Misty sighed in annoyance and yanked him up, and the duo began methodically searching the house.

The two met up in the living room, after realizing that the search was in vain, as neither Ash nor his mother was there. The only occupant of the house was silence.

“Huh….I’m actually starting to worry Brock…” said Misty nervously, wringing her hands together.

“It’s fine, it’s gonna be fine…” said Brock, although it seemed he was trying to convince himself more than Misty.

They walked back outside and shut the door. “Hey, we should check out Professor Oak’s place!” suggested Misty.

Brock nodded in agreement. After all, Ash was like Oak’s surrogate son after his father left so long ago.

~~~

One moderately uneventful walk later

Misty rapped on the door with her fist, only to receive silence as her answer.

“HELLO!”

Brock shrugged, and the two of them began to walk away before hearing a thud against the door. They turned, and saw a clearly disheveled Gary Oak stumbling to his feet.

“Gary!” said Brock in surprise. He thought Gary was in Hoenn for a convention. He steadied Gary on his shoulder as Gary muttered his thanks.

“What happened to you?” asked Misty, concerned.

“I….went out last night…” slurred Gary. “…and got wasted as hell.”

Misty sighed in exasperation, thinking that Gary may have known something useful. Brock propped Gary against the wall, which Gary happily slumped.

“Urgh, we’ll never find Ash now!” Misty complained, crossing her arms.

“We will, we just have to try a little harder!” Brock reassured. “Let’s look inside the lab and see if we can find anything.”

The two pushed past the snoring Gary and crept into the apparently empty lab.

“Huh. It’s empty,” remarked Brock, rather unnecessarily.

They continued to the back of the lab, and made their way into the Pokémon habitats. They were promptly met by an eager Bulbasaur and Bayleef, as well as a few of the other Pokémon.

“Hey guys!” cooed Misty, rubbing their heads as they wriggled happily.

Brock flipped his bag off his shoulder and pulled out some treats for them, throwing them into the air as the Pokémon caught them.

“Hey! What’s going on over there!”

Both Misty and Brock turned at the familiar voice and saw the figure racing towards them.

“Hey Tracy!” they called out eagerly.

“Misty? Brock? Is that you?” he asked, hugging Misty and giving a warm handshake to Brock. “Huh, it is you! How are you guys?”

“We’re fine-” started Brock.

“We can’t seem to find Ash! Also, why are you here if the Professor or the assistants aren’t here?” asked Misty, effectively shutting Brock out of the conversation.

“Well I’m here because they need someone to feed the Pokémon! Remember, Oak left to the Sevii Islands a while ago. Who do you expect to feed the Pokémon? Themselves?”

“Oh….”said Misty, understanding. “Well, we’re just searching for Ash. Have you seen-“

Before she could finish her thought however, a loud explosion caught her attention.

“That’s from the grass Pokémon habitat!” yelled Tracy, already throwing Scizor, his large insect Pokémon and running towards the source. “Let’s go!”

Brock and Misty nodded and each enlarged their Pokéballs.

“Go, Forretress!”

“Staryu, I choose you!”

The Bagworm Pokémon and Star Shape Pokémon popped out in a flash of light, and they all began sprinting to the explosion. Upon arriving, they found a large hole in the ground, and unsurprisingly, Team Rocket.

“Ahahaha!”

Misty and Brock sighed. Tracy looked on incredulously. “What are you guys doing? Attack! Those guys are going to steal the Pokémon!”

“Tracy…remember? It’s Team Rocket,” said Brock, tapping his head to emphasize. “Think about it.”

“If you don’t get it, just remember that they suck!” chimed in Misty.

“Hey! I heard that!” yelled a female voice.

“And I did too!” a male voice yelled.

“And you knows dat I did toos!” a Jersey resident (or talking Pokémon) responded.

“We know you did Jessie!” yelled Brock. “That’s why we said it!”

“Oh yeah? Well, prepare for trouble!” said Jessie, the red-haired female of their trio.

“Make it double!” responded James, the purple-haired male and fairly idiotic member of the group.

“To protect the world from devastation!”

“To unite all peoples within our nation!”

“To denounce the evils of truth and love!”

“To extend our reach to the stars above!”

“Jessie!”

“James!”

“Team Rocket, blasting off at the speed of light!”

“Surrender now or prepare to fight, fight, fight!”

“Meowth, that’s right!” added the feline Pokémon.

“Wobbuffet!” the large blue blob of a Pokémon said, not willing to be forgotten.

The four stood proudly and faced Brock, Misty, and Tracy.

“Why’d you go back to using that one?” asked Brock curiously. “I seem to recall you were using a different one when I heard you guys in Sinnoh…”

Jessie shrugged. “Felt nostalgic for the old days.”

Misty sighed. “Seems everyone’s missing the times when Ash was around…”

Caught up in her thinking however, she failed to notice that James had activated a giant robot in the shape of a rather large Dusclops.

“-and we’ll capture all the Pokémon with this, our new Pokémon….uh….well, it catches Pokémon! Is it really necessary to know the name?” James pondered. Jessie smacked him in the head.

“Just start the machine!”

“Fine, fine…”

The robot began with a whir and began moving slowly towards the Pokémon.

“Tracy! Get the Pokémon out of here! Me and Misty can handle this!” demanded Brock. Tracy obliged and threw out his other Pokémon to shepherd the Pokémon to safety.

Brock looked at Misty. “You ready?”

Misty nodded. “Let’s do this.”

“Forretress, Rapid Spin!”

“Staryu, Water Gun!”

Forretress flew towards the machine in a rapid twirl, spikes jutting outwards as it collided with the Dusclops’ arm. The Water Gun barreled under the arm directly into the head of the machine.

“OW!” yelled the three inside the robot.

“Oh, you asked for it now missy!” yelled Jessie as she flipped open a cover on a switch and pressed it.

The Dusclops’ arms suddenly converged and formed a sort of portal in between its hands.

“What the- Holy Arceus, what is that?” gasped Brock.

“It’s our Pokémon catcher!” said James gleefully.

“Yeah, wit’ all de money we didn’t spend on Electric-proofing our robot, we could get da bigger and badder toys!” Meowth put in.

“Why didn’t you Electric-proof it? Don’t you idiots always do that?”

“Hey!” protested James and Meowth before Jessie cut them off.

“Shut it! We didn’t because we noticed the main twerp ain’t around, so we figured might as well!”

“So they noticed Ash was gone too….” thought Misty to herself. “Well whatever! We’re taking your machine down!”

“Yeah! Forretress, Explosion on the arms!”

“Staryu, use Swift too!”

The two Pokémon’s respective attacks flew towards the arms, which subsequently collapsed from the strain. The portal soon blinked out of existence as the machine tumbled to pieces, Team Rocket not exploding, but rather falling to the ground as their machine whirred and whined. After moaning in pain for a minute, Jessie got up and walked to James.

“James, you idiot!” yelled Jessie.

“How is this my fault?” whined James.

“Because-“

But before they could finish their argument and get properly blasted off, Wobuffet accidentally rammed the arm of the Dusclops, and something inside clicked. The portal that had disappeared suddenly reanimated, and it was very much active.

“What!” yelled all four people, as well as their Pokémon in their own speak.

“Oh crap! We’re getting sucked in!” shouted Brock over the din the portal produced as he grasped at the ground. “TRACY!”

“Oh come on, this isn’t how I thought I was going to go!” whined Misty. “I was going to die spectacularly at least…not done in by Team Rocket!”

“Hey! I take offense to that!” yelled Meowth. The other two nodded in agreement before continuing screaming for their lives.

Each one knew however that they couldn’t hold on much longer.

Misty looked towards Brock next to her. “It was nice knowing you Brock.”

Brock looked teary-eyed, but nodded strongly. “You too Mist.”

Misty let go.

She flew backwards into the large purple abyss and disappeared. Brock soon followed suit, his arms too tired to hold on, followed by Team Rocket, screaming all the way.

As soon as they all disappeared, the machine exploded in a large display of fireworks people all over Kanto would admire.

~~~

Misty opened her eyes with a groan to the bright sunlight above.

“Urgh….what the..?”

She shut her eyes again and moaned in pain. “Well, they say if you can feel pain, you’re not dead,” she said to herself. She grunted as she moved to a sitting position. “Still sucks.”

“Misty?” asked a voice.

“Brock! Cool, you’re fine as well!”

“Um….Misty?”

“Where do you think Team Rocket got off to?”

“Um, Misty…?”

“That was some explosion probably, to knock us all out!”

“MISTY!” Brock bellowed. Misty cringed. Her normally well-tempered friend never bellowed.

“Uh, yes Brock?”

“You should probably open your eyes and check this out…”

“But it hurts!” she whined childishly.

“Just do it.”

She sighed and opened her eyes. First, her vision was obscured by blurry images strewn across a bright canvas of colors, then solidified into….what?

She stared at Brock and noticed something…off about him. Maybe it was the new long black hair. Or maybe it was the much shorter posture. Or his skin coloring, which had become a dark brown.

Or maybe it was the simple fact that he was now a Ponyta, without the fiery mane, but a horn instead.

“You’re a Ponyta…with a horn?”

Brock nodded remorsefully. “Take a look for yourself.”

Misty searched desperately for a reflective surface and saw a pool of water. She leapt forward and looked at what she had become. She saw staring back at her a Ponyta with wings expanding from her sides and fiery orange mane, as well as the pure white body to match.

“Aw hell…I’m one too.”

~~~

And that’s it! Dang, I didn't know I hadn't updated for more than a month!

I’m super-duper sorry for not having put this up, but I’ve been so distracted by everything really, and now I have finals, and it’s just a little hectic.

When my summer vacation starts though, be ready, because it's gonna go down. It'll go down like Rainbow Dash goes down in history. Or how Twilight goes down on a good book. Or...well, you should get my point.