• Published 16th Dec 2011
  • 8,001 Views, 174 Comments

Chaos Descending - Atheron



After reading a strange book, Ash Ketchum goes on a new adventure; in Equestria!

  • ...
8
 174
 8,001

Arrival of Change

Here's Chapter 2....that's all.


"Urgh…what happened?" groaned Ash, lying on the ground in front of a large expanse of woods. "What…? Did I land in Hoenn or something? Is this Petalburg Forest…or maybe Viridian Forest….? Ow…..the ground hurts…. A lot….ouch."

He stretched out his legs and winced.

"I should get up now, shouldn't I….but….argh! …..forget it, LET'S DO THIS!" bellowed Ash, leaping up off the ground and landing on all four legs.

"HA! Take that ground! You may be able to hurt me, but I'll always land on my four feet ….four…Oh Arceus, what is this?”

For Ash, the lovable, dense, kind-hearted trainer, had become…what he considered a Ponyta colt. A brown-furred, average height, black maned colt. Well, at least from what he could discern. He couldn’t really see anything by turning around except for his back, mane, and tail.

“Whoa, I have a tail! This is so cool! Maybe I can be like those Ponyta on TV and whip flies and mosquitoes with it!” Ash attempted to flick his tail, only to watch his tail pathetically flail and accomplish nothing. “Wait, is my mane on fire too?”

He glanced at the mane hanging off his head in his face, and saw only dark black mane, no fire. “Aww man. Maybe Pikachu or Charizard can help me with the tail thing later. Wait, where are those two? And everyone else for that matter?”

Ash frantically searched around him in the surrounding bushes and trees, but could find no sign of his beloved Pokémon friends. That is, until he heard a familiar battle cry and a feminine squeal of pain and surprise from the woods behind him.

"PIKACHU! I'M COMING BUDDY, HOLD ON!" yelled Ash, rapidly dashing towards the squeals and cries. He ran into the woods full tilt, nearly tripping multiple times over tree roots and rocks, stumbling through brush and tree branches, until finally, he ran into Pikachu.

And another Ponyta, only this one fainted and slightly quivering. But this one was yellow, with a pink mane and a strange symbol on their flank. Looked like a bunch of Butterfree to Ash.

"Huh, a yellow and pink Ponyta….Must be a Shiny Pokémon! But Professor Oak never mentioned anything about yellow and pink being a Shiny color change…and what's a Ponyta doing all the way here in Hoenn? Well, that means two things!" wondered Ash. "One, I’m most likely not in Hoenn or Kanto…and two, it must belong to a trainer! Now, whose trainer is it though…."

Pikachu happily bounded to his trainer after defeating the strange other Pokémon, only for Ash to ignore him completely. Pikachu made a noise to get his attention, but it was no use as Ash continued in his thinking.

"….maybe they dropped their Pokeball and it got released by accident?.. or maybe…"

"Pika!"

"…..they could've released it…but why release a Shiny? Those are rare…"

"PIKA!"

"AHH!" screamed Ash, as electricity coursed through him. "Oh….sorry…..Pikachu…"panted Ash. "I….forgot….that you were….there.."

Pikachu nodded triumphantly, before realizing there was something…off about his trainer. He poked Ash with a questioning look in his face.

"Oh, this?" responded Ash, having recovered. "I'm not exactly sure. Maybe this is an island where only Ponyta live and you have to be a Ponyta to be here!"

Pikachu facepalmed and pointed at himself.

"Oh yeah, you’re still you. That kinda blows a hole in that idea," muttered Ash sheepishly, turning away. He turned back to Pikachu with another question. "Hey Pikachu! Do you know where any of the others are?"

Pikachu ran towards a nearby bush and pulled out Ash's belt with all 6 Pokéballs intact.

"Phew! Can't imagine what would've happened if Charizard was let out here…..I can already imagine all the grass type Pokémon here wailing….and the burning smell….and…well let's just stop there, huh Pikachu?" said Ash.

Pikachu solemnly agreed, also imagining a roasted Shroomish or Caterpie and shuddering slightly.

"Ok well come on out guys!" yelled Ash, throwing his hooves in the air, throwing…..nothing into the air.

"Wait, I don't have hands…...and that means I can't open my Pokéballs! Oh no!" moaned Ash, not noticing Pikachu walking up to the balls.

Pikachu leaned forward and touched each of the Pokéballs, releasing their inhabitants. And then his jaw promptly fell to the floor in shock.

“Arceus, why?” wailed Ash, his forelegs raised dramatically in the air towards the sky. “What have I done to deserve this punishment?”

Pikachu with his mouth still half-open began headbutting Ash.

"Why?" whined Ash still, ignoring Pikachu's continuous headbutts to his side. Well, until he got headbutted with a Quick
Attack.

As Ash walked back from his brief stint as a Flying Pokémon, he turned to Pikachu and angrily said, "What Pikachu!
Can't you notice I'm grieving the loss of hands and opposable thumbs! I can't open Pokéballs or eat sandwiches now! Why don't you leave me alone, and go play with that Charmander or Squirtle or Larvitar or something!” Ash snapped. He then did a double take. “Wait, what?”

For in front of Ash, was a Charmander, Squirtle, Larvitar, Starly, and Turtwig.

"Um….do I know you guys?" asked Ash, surprised at their sudden appearance.

His mane catching on fire and Turtwig latching onto his head answered that question fairly quickly.

"What happened to you guys? I mean, you're not a Ponyta like me, but you're not the same either…I mean, except for Pikachu, you've all gone back to your first stage of evolution." said Ash rather unnecessarily, after running and screaming into a nearby river to dunk his head in.

The Charmander sullenly agreed, with the others nodding in morose acknowledgement.

Pushing the button on the Pokéballs to return Turtwig, Larvitar, Squirtle, and Starly, Ash nosed each ball back into his belt and said, "Well, I guess it's time to go out of this forest and find Professor Oak or Birch and figure out what is going on here. Come on." He dipped his head and got the belt over his neck, and slung it over his shoulder like a sling.

He then prepared to return Charmander when…

"A BABY DRAGON!" screamed a voice in delight from behind Ash.

"Whoa!" yelped Ash, spinning on the spot to find the fainted Ponyta from before adoringly hugging and nuzzling an increasingly annoyed Charmander.

Now, let’s get this straight. Charmander did not enjoy being nuzzled. He did not enjoy being thought of as cute, or adorable, or lovable Unless it was by Charla his mate, of course, because for some reason, she refuses to call him drop-dead gorgeous.

“Females are weird and mysterious,” thought Charmander. “Definitely weird though….definitely.”

However, he was not in the mood for cuddling. First, he went from being a powerhouse to pint-sized, and now he was
getting nuzzled and adored by another Pokémon (or so he thought). No way! He prepared to charge up one of his most powerful attacks and unleashed an Overheat on the weird Ponyta. It would never see it coming.

"Charmander, NO!" yelled Ash, knowing how Charizard charged up his attacks and knew this would be dangerous.

The shiny Ponyta then coughed slightly as some smoke flowed out of the open Charmander's mouth and got in its face.

Charmander stood, dumfounded with his failure at an attack and the Ponyta continuing as if nothing had happened. As if he wasn’t a force to be reckoned with!

Ash and Pikachu looked at him, and promptly began rolling on the ground, laughing at his predicament.

"Haha Charizard! Not so tough now huh, as a little baby dragon," laughed Ash, tears streaming from his eyes.

Charmander grumbled. It didn't take the smartest person in the world to recognize Charmander's threat to Ash's life later. Well as soon as he evolved….again….and again..

After a few moments of laughing at Charmander's expense, Ash went up to the strange Ponyta and nudged it in the shoulder with a hoof.

"Ahh!" screamed the Ponyta, falling backwards and releasing Charmander while simultaneously squeezing its eyes shut with its four legs sticking up in the air.

Surprised (and begrudgingly impressed with the Ponyta’s reflexes), Ash muttered,"…What?"

He then decided to take the more direct approach and nudged the Ponyta multiple times until its eyes opened again.

He looked into its eyes, and it looked back into his.

He looked into the wide blue eyes of the Ponyta, and saw fear behind them. Not wanting to scare it away, he tried to show how he wasn’t going to hurt it. “Just like with Charmander and Damien, all those years ago,” thought Ash. The Ponyta eventually relented and stood up, not so afraid, but not so accepting either.

"Hi, my name's Ash Ketchum!" greeted the boy trainer/colt, trying to show he didn’t want to hurt it and extended a hoof with an attempt to establish a friendship. Or something.

He wasn’t sure if he would be able to speak with the Ponyta, but since he was one (or something similar to it) the rules would change and he’d be able to.

"erm…..My name's Fluttershy," mumbled the yellow and pink pony almost imperceptibly.

“Cool, I can speak with it! Awesome!” thought Ash gleefully. He responded-

"Sorry, I couldn't hear you, could you say that again please?"

"My name's…um…. Fluttershy," mumbled the Ponyta again, even quieter than before while nervously sliding her hoof back and forth, hiding her wide blue eyes behind her mane. At least, from what Ash could hear, it was a her. He didn’t even know anything could speak that quietly before.

"Okay …Fluttershy…? Hello! The Pokémon you were hugging before was my Charizard. Well, was my Charizard. Now he's a Charmander, as well as all my other Pokémon. Well they're not all Charmanders, but…well it's a long story."

"What's a Pokémon?" asked Fluttershy again, almost indiscernibly.

"What's a Pokémon? What? I mean, how do you not know, you're one of them!" spluttered Ash disbelievingly. He also took note of his amazing hearing now that he was a Ponyta to be able to still hear her. "I mean, although you are a Shiny, you are a Pokémon, so how do you not know?"

"I'm a pony…" mumbled Fluttershy.

"Yeah, I know you're a Ponyta, but I'm still trying to get over the fact that you don't know what a Pokémon is!" said Ash, throwing his hooves up in the air for emphasis, and then falling flat on his face. As Ash pulled himself up from the ground, trying to save some of his dignity, he accidentally leaned forward and hit Fluttershy with his outstretched hoof.
From what he'd learned so far, her reaction to screaming and jumping 5 feet in the air somehow was not unexpected. What was unexpected however was Fluttershy colliding with him on the way down, causing him to fall again and hit his belt where his Pokéballs were. As he fell, the other four Pokémon he had were released.

Hearing their cries of their names, Ash fully expected the Ponyta to run away again. He however did not expect her to squeal excitedly. "MORE? Ohmygoshtheyareallsocute!'-" squealed Fluttershy excitedly until Ash cut her off.

"Wait Fluttershy, so you seriously don't know what a Pokémon is? Fluttershy, please, I'm asking you a question!" said Ash exasperatedly as Fluttershy ran up to Turtwig and Squirtle and began cuddling them while putting Starly on her back. Understandably, Larvitar stood far away from the proceedings.

"Oh I'm so sorry Ash…Ash is it? But these…Pokémon as you call it…are SOO cute!" gushed Fluttershy. "They're cuter than those parasprites, and they don't look like they'll eat our whole town either!"

"Seems animals bring out the best in Fluttershy," thought Ash. "Makes her more….sociable. At least as sociable as one like her could be. Not very much, I’m thinking.”

"Er..Fluttershy, can I ask you a question again?" inquired Ash. “Actually, can I ask you two?”

"Sure!" said Fluttershy, trying and unsuccessfully attempting to pull Larvitar into a hug. With a sigh, she moved back towards an increasingly panicked Squirtle and cuddled him harder.

“Okay, first, what’s a parasprite?”

“Oh! Those were these cute little bugs that I found one day, and I brought them to Twilight’s house, where she and the others all loved them. Then the other ponies in town all saw them and wanted one, but they turned out to be really really good eaters and almost ate the whole town before Pinkie Pie drove them off!” recited Fluttershy.

“Huh…Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy….these Pokémon have weird names…” He remembered Fluttershy denying she was a Pokémon. “Well, whatever she is, although she may be scaring my Pokémon out of their wits, she’s talking. Maybe I can find out what happened to me,” thought Ash. "Well, you don't know what a Pokémon is, right?" he asked.
Fluttershy shook her head.

"And you're not a Ponyta...are you?"

"By Ponyta, do you mean pony? Because I'm a pony…well a Pegasus pony actually...which means that I can fly and have wings. But I like staying on the ground much more, with all my animal friends, like Angel Bunny and the birds and squirrels and snakes and…oops, I got carried away ," responded Fluttershy sheepishly. “What’s a Ponyta?”
“Huh, without the horn and if she was bigger, she would be just like that thing I saw in the Professor’s book,” observed Ash keenly. He remembered Fluttershy’s question. “Well, back where I’m from, a Ponyta is like you, but without the wings and bigger. It also had a fiery mane and was really fast,” said Ash.

“Wow, those sound scary,” whimpered Fluttershy slightly.

"They’re nice Pokémon, I wouldn’t worry about them hurting you,” responded Ash calmingly. “So are there only Pegasus ponies here?"

"Oh heavens no! There are earth ponies, and unicorns, and other animals in the forest, and my friend Twilight Sparkle has another dragon that lives with her!" said Fluttershy. "Do…do you wanna come meet her? She might be able to help you better than I can…" she asked timidly.

“I’d love to meet your friend as well," responded Ash, eager to learn what exactly was going on here. "But one more question. Where exactly am I?"

"Oh, you're in the Everfree Forest in Equestria….the land of ponies ruled by the Sun Princess Celestia and the Moon Princess Luna!" responded Fluttershy somewhat brightly. "Now then," she said, hoisting a resentful Squirtle onto her
back, “Let's go! I mean, if it's okay with you, I guess…"

“Equestria, huh? A whole country inhabited by these….ponies?” thought Ash. “Well….I guess another adventure is at hand.”

He shook his head to clear his thoughts, and turned to Fluttershy, yelling “Onward Fluttershy! Let us be off into the new land of Equestria!”

He returned the rest of his Pokémon, and as Pikachu leapt onto his back, the duo charged out of the forest. It wasn’t long though before Ash noticed Fluttershy was lying on the forest floor back where he’d started. Sighing, he trotted back to her and nudged her back to consciousness. She opened her eyes to see his face directly in front of hers. She gave out an ‘eep!’ and leapt up, wings spread and ready to fly away before Ash called out to her and she realized who it was.

“Sorry Ash, you startled me...” said the pony abashedly.

“Nah, it’s cool. So, this time when I yell, can we charge out of the forest dramatically again?”

“Wha-“

“ONWARD FLUTTERSHY!” bellowed Ash as he ran ahead, Pikachu barely clinging to his shoulder.

“Ash! Wait up!” shrieked Fluttershy as she frantically flew after the boy trainer-turned-colt pulling farther away.

And on that enthusiastic note, Ash Ketchum, his faithful Pokémon team, and his newfound friend Fluttershy ran out of the Everfree Forest into the bright sunlight of a completely new world.