• Published 16th Dec 2011
  • 8,001 Views, 174 Comments

Chaos Descending - Atheron



After reading a strange book, Ash Ketchum goes on a new adventure; in Equestria!

  • ...
8
 174
 8,001

Enter Ponyville Part I

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon or My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. They are owned by Nintendo and Hasbro, respectively. (Hurts to say every time.)


“No….Mom, five more minutes…..yes I want pancakes...” muttered Ash as he turned on his stomach in his sleep the next morning.

“Rise and shine, sleepyhead!” said a voice. Ash’s mom, perhaps?

Ash grunted as he sat up, finding it a little difficult, and rubbing his eyes with his two front hooves.

Wait, hooves?

Ash did a double-take, first staring at his hooves, then at his body, then back at his hooves.

“Huh, so this wasn’t a strange dream…I actually am a pony in a land without Pokémon….whoa,” murmured Ash. “Even
I’m still finding that hard to believe…and I’m right here! And if that voice wasn’t my mom, then it must’ve been…”

But before he could finish his sentence, a yellow and pink pony walked back into the room, with a plate of pancakes and a grinning Pikachu on her back. Pikachu had managed to nab a bottle of ketchup, and was happily chugging the thing down like there was no tomorrow. Fluttershy walked to Ash and set the plate in front of him as he stared in confusion.

“How’d you know I wanted pancakes?” asked a confused Ash.

“Oh that was easy! I already made breakfast for the animals here, and some are particular to pancakes. Your friend Pikachu here kept pointing at the pancakes and your room, so I guess he knew you liked pancakes. Also,” continued Fluttershy with a slight blush. “I heard you talking in your sleep about pancakes, and how tasty they are, so I thought
they’d be perfect. Do you like them?”

Ash picked up one of the pancakes with his mouth and inspected it. Deeming it worthy, he tossed it into his mouth and began chewing. His eyes grew wide as he ate, surprised at the taste.

“Do I ever! I love these things! I mean, normally, the pancakes I eat are good, but some are too doughy, or buttery, etc, but these…these are brilliant!” praised Ash as he eagerly dug through the pancakes. “I mean –”

But alas, the end of his sentence was lost due to the fact he had attempted to inhale about half a pancake which ended unsuccessfully and had lodged itself in his throat, resulting in his imminent choking and hacking.

“Oh no, Ash!” shrieked Fluttershy as she ran to him, wrapped her hooves around his waist, and began rapidly pulling her arms in an effort to force the food to remove itself. And with a final heave, the pancake flew from his mouth and out
an open window.

“Phew…that…..wasn’t pleasant….” wheezed Ash slightly.

“That wasn’t one of my favorite things to do either,” agreed Fluttershy, falling back onto her four hooves.

Pikachu meanwhile, had been simply drinking ketchup, too engrossed to really care.


After Ash had recovered, he waited while Fluttershy ate. And as Ash, he hated waiting. Yet he stayed silent, out of politeness.

However, this didn’t stop him from cheering when Fluttershy finished.

“Huh?” wondered a surprised Fluttershy, staring at the cheering brown colt who was running around in excitement.
“Wonder what he’s so happy about?”

As Fluttershy walked to the kitchen with her plate and placed it into the sink, Ash eagerly asked, “So, Fluttershy, we off to Ponyville now?”

“Yes Ash, we are going now. My, you’re very excited, huh?”

“I’m always excited when I get to go to a new place! I mean, there are new people, new experiences, and new robots attacking from Team Roc-” His eyes narrowed.

He motioned Fluttershy to come near him. She looked confused, but walked anyways. Ash leaned towards her and whispered, “Have you seen any giant robots or a suspicious looking trio around here recently?” while stealing glances left and right.

“What? No! Should I be worrying about a giant robot? Oh, what do I do, what do I do?” squealed Fluttershy, going into a miniature panic attack.

“Oh its fine, the gang and I can handle that. It’s just that wherever I went, there was always an annoying trio called Team Rocket after me. They were obsessed with Pikachu, and always tried to catch him.”

“He’s that powerful?” asked Fluttershy curiously, ruffling Pikachu’s head and earning a sigh of contentment.

“Totally. Barely after I got him, to protect me, he basically took down a whole flock of Spearow who were angry at me! And to think, I might have never gotten him…” reminisced Ash.

“Spearow? What do you mean? I thought you found and chose him?”

“Well, a Spearow’s a kind of Bird Pokémon…so it’s a bird. It looks different though…wish I had my Pokedex with me. And me choosing him? Nah, that didn’t happen. You see, it was a long time ago when I was 10….about 3 years ago in fact. You see, when a child becomes 10 where I’m from, they get to choose a Pokémon to be their partner. Not everyone has to be a Pokémon trainer though. Some kids just don’t want to have Pokémon, and just go into things like business, working in museums, and a whole lot of other jobs. In fact, there’s a whole family where every girl is a nurse! Well, the night before, I had been up all night, too excited for my Pokémon the next day. I wasn’t even sure which one I wanted that day. It could’ve been a Charmander like the one you saw here….a Squirtle who is here as well or a Bulbasaur-“

“What’s a Bulbasaur?”

“It’s a Pokémon, similar to a Squirtle standing on all four legs. However, instead of a shell, it has a bulb, like a flower, and Bulbasaur’s body is green with the occasional spots. Oh, and it’s a little bigger than Squirtle here,” said Ash, patting the ball containing the aforementioned Pokémon fondly.

“Oh. Well, could you continue your story? I mean, if you don’t mind, it’s okay if you don’t want to...”

“Oh it’s no problem at all! Anything for a friend!” remarked Ash cheerfully. “Well, continuing my story. Well, I fell asleep pretty late that night, and as a result ended up waking up really late. Like, very late. So I rushed over to Professor Oak’s lab (He’s the Pokémon professor, and an expert. He’s also a poet, but I never got it) and asked for a Pokémon. Unfortunately, he didn’t have any of the three starters I wanted. I was almost crushed- my dream of becoming a Pokémon Master was dying before it could even begin! But then, he said that he had one more, but it was a feisty and a little wild one. Naturally, I accepted without hesitation, and I got my little buddy here!” said Ash, rubbing Pikachu’s stomach. “Well, he wasn’t my little buddy back then. He wouldn’t even listen to me though at first- I even had to wear rubber gloves!” laughed Ash. Fluttershy laughed as well, but not understanding the concept of gloves due to her lack of thumbs and fingers, but understanding the use of rubber after seeing how Pikachu could harness electricity.

“But it all changed when I was stupid enough to throw a rock at a Spearow cause’ I was mad that Pikachu wouldn’t listen to me.”

“Ash! You’re not stupid! Do not call yourself that!” scolded Fluttershy. “Although that was kind of unnecessary to do…” she thought.

She then slightly blushed. “Why do I care so much? I haven’t even known him that long,” she thought. “It’s probably just me being overprotective. Yeah, that’s it,” she told herself.

“And the hug?” her mind asked.

But she was jolted out of her thoughts when Ash responded.

“Well, I was then Fluttershy. Anyways, this Spearow had gotten a little annoyed, and called all of his other bird friends and they all ganged up on us. So, me and Pikachu ran for it, and jumped into a river, where we were fished out by a girl named Misty. However, the Spearow found us again, so I “borrowed” Misty’s bike and took Pikachu and me to the Pokémon Center, which is like a hospital for Pokémon. Boy, she wasn’t happy about that. Arceus, she even followed me afterwards because of it! Well, I think it was because of the bike…she may have just enjoyed traveling with me and Brock…but that’s a story for another time. Anyways, the Spearow caught up, and I tried to protect Pikachu from them, and Pikachu, being brave and awesome, releases a Thunder attack that wipes out the whole flock! We then rush to the Pokémon Center, where Pikachu was healed.”

“And here’s where Team Rocket comes in. Let me just tell you that Team Rocket? They’re thieves, no-good crooks. They broke into the Pokémon Center to steal all the Pokémon and give them to their boss, Giovanni. But Pikachu here foiled them by letting of another Thunder so big, it sent them flying and destroyed about half the building! We also destroyed Misty’s bike, but it was fixed later, so it’s all good. And, that’s the story of how Pikachu and me met!” finished Ash.

“Wow…” was all Fluttershy could say. She was confused and slightly jealous of this 'Misty' pony Ash kept talking about, but she ignored that for now. She looked down at the little yellow creature beneath her with newfound admiration and respect. “I can’t believe he actually did all that! Wish I had that great of a story…”

“You probably do! Let’s see, how did you meet your bunny, Angel?”

Her face immediately darkened, and she turned away.

“I’d- I’d rather not talk about it.”

“You sure you don’t want to talk?”

“Yes, please!” said Fluttershy almost pleadingly.

“Uh, okay Fluttershy…” said Ash. The two sat in awkward silence.

Finally, Ash broke the awkwardness. “Well… off to Ponyville! Er… again!”


The duo walked towards Ponyville, Pikachu lounging on Ash’s back, and his Pokéballs wrapped around his upper body, around his neck and torso. It had been difficult to get on, but with some help from Fluttershy he managed to do it.
The two amiably chatted with each other about their friends and adventures. Finally, they made it to Ponyville after what seemed to Ash like hours (but only about 15 minutes).

Arriving on the outskirts of the town, Ash stepped forward….

And was immediately confronted by a large, fast-moving pink blur.

“Wha-!” yelped Ash in surprise as the pink…thing began bouncing and muttering to itself.

“Eye flutter, knee twitch, ear flop, tail twitch, ear flop? I’ve never had that one before, it must be a doozy!” said the voice, which from what Ash could discern was female. He’d never heard of giant cotton candy blobs, or if they could talk or not.
Or even if they had genders…

He shuddered. That sounded really weird…he decided to store it in the back of his mind and ignore it. Maybe forever.
Hopefully.

“Uh, okay…whatever you are, I’ll be moving along now….bye...” said Ash, slowly edging away from the slightly scary pink thing.

He leaned backwards towards Fluttershy and whispered, “Uh Fluttershy? What was that?”

“You mean who was that? That was Pinkie Pie!” said Fluttershy.

“Pinkie Pie huh? Why was she so…”

“Random? That’s actually her normal behavior.”

“Whoa... wonder what random is to her then?” thought Ash aloud.

Fluttershy just put a hoof to his mouth and said, “We don’t like to think about it.”

Ash laughed and asked, “We? You mean your friends and you?”

“Yes, it’s dangerous territory.”

Ash laughed again, but looked at the seriousness on Fluttershy’s face. His smile soon ebbed away, but just as soon Fluttershy’s face broke a smile.

“Oh Ash, you’re so silly.”

“I’m silly? You’re the one talking about how your friend is so random!”

“No, I was talking about how we don’t think about what she would be like if she was random.”

“Well…uh…” thought Ash, drawing blanks. He grudgingly said, “You win this round Fluttershy.” She smiled. “Well, are
we almost at Twilight’s house?”

“Yes Ash. Now, it’s right…over…here!”

Turning a corner, Ash saw a large tree. “Er, Fluttershy? You sure this is a house?”

Fluttershy then walked up to a door in the tree and knocked on it three times. Then, the door opened and Ash heard a voice say-

“Welcome to the Ponyville Libra- oh it’s you Fluttershy, what’s up?”

“Nothing really Twilight, but there’s someone here who may need your help.” replied Fluttershy.

“Oh, well do come in then! You and your friend…?”

“Ash.”

“Oh, so it’s a colt?” said Twilight, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

“No...it’s not…it’s not like that! He just needs help!” said a blushing Fluttershy.

“Oh okay Fluttershy, I’ll help your “friend”” said Twilight, snickering under her breath when she saw Fluttershy go redder.

Fluttershy turned around and told Ash to come in, her head down.

“Looks like Fluttershy needs me bud. Come on then,” Ash said to Pikachu.

Ash walked over and noticed the purple unicorn in front of Fluttershy.

“Hi, I’m Ash!”

“I’m Twilight Sparkle, nice to meet a new face around here!”

“It’s nice to meet you as well, Ms. Sparkle!” responded Ash cheerfully.

“Please, call me Twilight. Well, cute and polite Fluttershy, looks like you’ve found a good one here!” murmured an amused Twilight out of the corner of her mouth.

Fluttershy just sank her head further into her hooves, vainly trying to shield her bright red face from a puzzled Ash and a giggling Twilight.


And that's all for now! Tune in next time to see:

The elusive specimen of Pinkieus Piecus!

Ash earning his cutie mark!

Blushing Fluttershy!

And more!