• Published 23rd Dec 2019
  • 1,173 Views, 46 Comments

An Apple Wedding - xd77



Nathan and Apple Bloom get married!

  • ...
 46
 1,173

Part 5

It was nearing 10:52 AM and Nathan was inside the passenger seat of some stranger's vehicle, a person he had never met in his entire life. But that was the less of is worries, he was more focused on getting back to Equestria in time for the wedding in hopes that Apple Bloom wouldn't kill him for all he had just done, Big Mac had told him that he would have to be giving up on some things in life, but he never understood what he was truly telling him.

Anyway, here he was in the passenger seat of a Ram 1500 with a man he had never met before taking him back to the only property in town where the portal to Equestria could be activated. As they were riding, they also talked about all the weird things Nathan had discussed.

"So let me get this straight, you are actually a bat-winged alicorn born as a human?" asked the man.

"Yes."

"When you were a kid, you were sucked through a portal into a world called Equestria."

"Yes."

"You went through a series of tests of courage to where you passed and God turned you into an alicorn."

"Very true."

"So, you're about to marry a beautiful earth pony named Apple Bloom after you dated her for six months."

"Yes."

"And last, you wanted to get one last so-called 'adventure' after this Big Macintosh guy told you that being married meant you would have to give up a lot of thing in being single."

"Yes."

This man then started laughing hysterically as Nathan looked puzzled.

"What's so funny?"

"You really expect me to believe all of that?!" he said as he guffawed.

"You won't be laughing once we get to the old orphanage." Nathan said, confident.

"Okay, I'll let you prove it." said the man as the old orphanage quickly came up into view, thanks to Nathan's strong memory all the way back to when he was a kid. Once the man pulled up in front of the old building, Nathan undid his seat belt, unlocked the door, and climbed out. But the anonymous man still had less confidence in believing what Nathan told him was true, because he still had a small smirk on his face.

"Ah' know what your thinkin'."

"Okay prove that this portal works." the man said while snickering at the same time.

"Fine." Nathan said as he hopped out of the truck and quickly jumped over the old fence and into the tall uncut lawn. He then rolled up his sleeve, turned on the wrist remote he had always carried with him whenever he traveled in between worlds and then suddenly a black hole portal opened up. The man quickly went from laughing to shocking as he stared in awe by what he was seeing, Nathan was really not kidding around.

"LOOK WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!" yelled Nathan as he smiled.

"I must've hit my head really hard this morning." said the man.

"WELL, AH' HAVE TO GO NOW, THANKS FOR THE LIFT. OH F.Y.I. DON'T TELL ANYONE WHAT YOU SAW HERE UNDERSTAND!?!"

"YES, THANK YOU NATHAN, HOPE ALL GOES WELL!!!!!!!!!" the man yelled back as he quickly drove off, Nathan then stepped through the portal to head back to Equestria.

....Back in the Crystal Empire....

The Crystal Heart was slowly spinning around in its center when it suddenly beamed a flash of light and out shot Nathan, still in his royal uniform, yet back in his pony form. He quickly looked at a clock tower and saw that it was 10:55 AM.

"Okay, now Ah' just have to get back inside the castle and redo mah' mane!" he said as he quickly dashed into the Crystal Palace and found a restroom to take care of that, once he had his mane fully made well again, he flapped his wings and took off out of a balcony to head back to Canterlot.

"Oh Ah' hope Apple Bloom don't kill me for this!" he said as he flew across the sky.

....Back in Canterlot....

All of the crowd that was inside the reception room were really starting to lose their patience, it was already 11:05 AM, which meant Nathan was five minutes late thanks to his misunderstanding of what Big Mac told him. On the other hand, Kyle and Luke were doing their best to keep confidence in the crowd and percipient group that were part of this big event that Nathan was okay and would be here eventually.

Kyle, Luke, and Gallus were keeping the crowd at bay by making up a little tune and having them follow in on singing it with them.

"You say potato." sang Kyle.

"We say Po-ta-to." sang Luke as he pointed his fingers at the crowd as a sign to repeat the lyrics, the grumpy and annoyed crowd followed in.

"You say potato, we say po-ta-to."

"Potato."

"Po-ta-to."

"Tomato."

"To-ma-to."

"Potato, po-ta-to, tomato-to-ma-to."

As they continued to stall time, Gallus turned to Twilight.

"I don't know how much more we can take."

"I know Gallus." said Twilight, "I'm hoping we don't have to cancel."

"Aunt Twilight, I can't take it anymore, we were supposed to have started seven minutes ago." whispered Flurry Heart.

Twilight cringed in fear, the crowd was getting annoyed, the bridesmaids, groomsmares and best mares were getting annoyed, and Nathan was still nowhere to be seen. Even Apple Bloom was getting irritated as well, for she was now having fear that Nathan had changed his mind about the marriage and ran away.

"Attention everypony, I know it's late into this, but we need to have hope." said Princess Twilight, only to be answered with negative chatter. But before the crowd could do anything, they were interrupted by the sound of the doors slamming open, they soon turned their attention and quickly gasped at what they saw. There at the foot of the opened doors stood Nathan, his mane had been moose back, his uniform firmly pressed and ready, and he had a small nervous smile on his face. But incredibly, the crowd soon went from grumpy to happy as they applauded.

"NATHAN, YOU'RE ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!" said Applejack as she went up and hugged him, but quickly slapped him on the cheek.

"Ow, what in tarnation was that for?!" Nathan asked as he rubbed his cheek with his hoof.

"Are you outta yer' mind, how could you do this on your own weddin' day?!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah Nate, explain how you could just ditch a good part of your life for doing something so dangerous such as skydiving?!" said an angered Luke.

"Well!" said Princess Twilight

"Explain!" said Flurry Heart and Skyla

Soon, Nathan was surrounded by an angry crowd, but they were suddenly stopped.

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!" said an all too familiar voice from the crowd, they soon turned to see that it was none other than Big Mac who was showing a remorseful look on his face.

"Don't blame Nathan for this, he had nothing to do with it."

"What are you talkin' about Big Mac?" asked Applejack.

Big Mac hung his head low in shame.

"Well..........."

Author's Note:

It would seem that Big Mac now knows it's because of him that all this has happened. In the next chapter, he will apologize for ruining everything, Apple Bloom will apologize for slapping Nathan, and the whole crowd will apologize since it was all a misunderstanding. And the ceremony will happen.