• Published 23rd Dec 2019
  • 1,172 Views, 46 Comments

An Apple Wedding - xd77



Nathan and Apple Bloom get married!

  • ...
 46
 1,172

Part 1

PRESENT DAY

Nathan was standing in the throne room beside his aunt as she was signing documents containing courses and plans for the next royal wedding involving Nathan and Apple Bloom for tomorrow which was Friday, two other guards stood below at the bottom. Once Twilight got the last document signed, she then neatly stacked them up and put them into a bin as Nathan lit up his horn and tied them with fresh rope. They had already made the decorations, now all that was left was rehearsal.

"Thank you Nathan." Twilight said.

"Yes, your majesty." he said, Twilight smiled and put a hoof on his shoulder, "You don't have to call me that, I'm still your aunt you know."

"Ah' know." Nathan said, "Ah'm just practicin'."

"Practicing for what?" asked Twilight.

Nathan faced his aunt and gave a sly smirk, "One answer, respect towards mah' fiance."

Twilight giggled, "Oh, I see what's going on, you're just wanting to make a good first impression when you and Apple Bloom get married tomorrow."

"Naw, Ah' just like to look respectful to mah' handsome reflection." Nathan teased as he pointed his reflection in the window to her.

"Well, I can say you really are ready for all of this aren't you?"

"Obviously."

Twilight pondered over all of this because not only was it a similar wedding to Cadance and Shining Armor, but she had an exciting role of being the main lead in it all just like Princess Celestia did all those years ago. The bridesmaids, which would be Yona, Silverstream, and Ocellus would stand by Apple Bloom while Gallus, Sandbar, and Spike stood beside Nate, a filly named Cinnamon Swirl would be the flower filly, while a colt named Frostbite would be the ring barer. Apple Bloom would have Smolder as her best one while Nathan would have a now grown up Flurry Heart and Skyla as his best mares.

"Do you still have one other pony you would like to have in your wedding?" asked Twilight as she and Nathan walked out of the throne room and into the corridors of the castle.

"Hmm, how about Luster Dawn?"

"What role would she take in it?"

"She could take role in helping Pinkie and Cheese make the snacks."

Twilight thought of that for a moment, "Hmm, I'm not sure about that."

Nathan put a hoof on her, "Come on Aunt Twilight, Luster told me that she's just as good of a cook."

"Well, I'll have to find that out myself." said Twilight, "In the meantime, you go and see how Apple Bloom is doing."

"Yes ma'am." Nathan said as he and his aunt separated down different hallways.

....Elsewhere in the castle....

Apple Bloom was in the room she was staying at for the night, her sister Applejack and her brother Big Macintosh were in there helping her get her dress ready for testing as she stood in the mirror. She had never been more delighted to wear this beautiful dress that Rarity had made for her, it was a pink and white laced dress with flowers around it, it also included a floral neck tie that fit around her just right.

"Ah' can't believe it." said Applejack, "Mah' little sister's gettin' married."

"Eeyup." answered Big Mac who was shedding tears of joy at seeing his little sister not only grown up, but seeing her in this beautiful apparel was a big thing for him because it was just like a father seeing his daughter going down the aisle into a new life, and that exactly what was about to happen. Big Mac then walked up and hugged his little sister.

"Oh Apple Bloom, it just seems like yesterday you were just a filly, now here you are ready to become a wife." he said. Applejack then walked and stood beside Big Mac.

"Big Mac, can you believe Nathan is going to be our brother-in-law tomorrow?"

"Eeyup." he answered.

"Thanks y'all." Apple Bloom said as she hugged her older siblings, suddenly, they heard a knocking at the door.

"Hold on a second!" said Apple Bloom as she quickly took off the dress and floral tie. Once all of it was off, she hung it in a closet and closed the door on it as Big Mac went to the bedroom door and opened it. When it was opened, it was nothing more than a couple of royal guards sent by Nathan.

"Yes guards?" asked Apple Bloom.

"Captain Cadenza sent us here to inform you that Princess Twilight said that rehearsal starts in five minutes."

"Thank you, where is Nathan anyway?" asked Applejack.

"He is making some final inspections, he'll be in the throne room pretty shortly."

"How 'bout Ah'm here for the next five?" asked Nathan who appeared out of nowhere.

Apple Bloom giggled as she walked up to him and they kissed on the lips.

"Ah' was hopin' you'd be approaching this direction." she said.

"I'm just lookin' forward to seeing yer' dress."

"As Ah'm lookin' forward to seeing you in that same outfit yer' Dad wore when he got married."

"Ah' think we should get goin' now."

Meanwhile in the throne room.......

Luster Dawn and a group of five friends of her own had managed to make this wedding one for the books. Luster was proud to actually record and cherish every moment of this because not only was it the first wedding she had ever been to, but also it would be one in which she was actually a part of, her mentor Twilight had told her that she would be helping in with Pinkie Pie make the cakes and treats. Anyway, she was striking a pose as one of her friends held a camera.

"Okay, are we ready Storm?" she asked.

"Yes." said Storm as she turned on the camera.

"We are live in three, two, one."

"Good evening everypony, and welcome to a special broadcast of 'Equestria Live' I am your host Luster Dawn, you may know me as Princess Twilight Sparkle's most faithful student sent out to learn friendship. But I bring to you something very exciting, I am reporting to you all live from Canterlot in part of a momentous celebration. As you all may have heard in the fliers, tomorrow morning at 11 AM, Captain Nathan Cadenza and Apple Bloom are getting married, it will be the second biggest wedding event in all of Equestria since the royal wedding of Princess Cadance and Shining Armor, and the best part is that I will be helping Pinkie Pie with the foods."

"As you can see behind me, Gallus and the other students from the School of Friendship are preparing for the very first rehearsal, and here he is Gallus!"

Gallus stared at the camera with an annoyed expression, but waved.

"So Gallus, tell the viewers, what is it like to participate in a wedding for the very first time?"

"Well, it is quite the experience considering weddings are portrayed quite differently in Griffonstone."

"Yeah." interrupted Smolder, "Dragons usually do their weddings under mountains of magma."

"Yaks do weddings differently too." replied Yona.

"Well, from the looks of it, it seems our newest of friends are getting a different experience with being in a foreign wedding, plus it........." Luster was soon interrupted by the sound of the throne doors opening, Storm turned the camera to see that Princess Twilight Sparkle, Nathan, and Apple Bloom had entered.

"Oh look, it's the bride and groom themselves, Nathan and Apple Bloom." said Luster as she and Storm approached them.

"So Nathan, Apple Bloom, tell the viewers what is it like being a future couple?"

"Well that's kinda personal, and we need to wrap this up because we are getting ready for rehearsal." said Nathan.

"Well that's all the time for today, catch us tomorrow on another special edition of 'Equestria Live." said Luster Dawn as Storm turned off the camera.

"Luster, why do you want to record this?" asked Twilight.

"Because I want this to be a cherishing moment for myself, I've never participated in such a big event in my life."

Nathan smiled and put a hoof on her shoulder, "We understand, but just don't get too excited okay."

"Yes captain." said Luster Dawn.

"Now, let us get ready." said Twilight, and she, Nathan, and Apple Bloom walked up to the stands. Nathan stood by Gallus, Spike, and Sandbar, his sisters were also standing with him. Apple Bloom stood beside Silverstream, Ocellus, and Smolder while Applejack stood to her left.

Author's Note:

In the next chapter, Big Macintosh will talk to Nathan that with being married, he will be giving up fun stuff. This will make Nathan nervous, that he will end up doing "one last fun thing".