• Published 27th Dec 2019
  • 935 Views, 51 Comments

Midnight Sun - FluxFeather

  • ...
6
 51
 935

Chapter Twenty - Confrontation

"Where are we?!" Sombra growled. His bright red eyes glaring at Rainius, full of hatred and fury.

"Somewhere you can't hurt anyone." Rainius said. "It's over! It's time you and I end this once and for all, Sombra!! You will not hurt my family! Not as long as I'm breathing!" Growling the Alicorn attacks hitting Sombra across the face leaving a scratch that healed by his magic without using his horn, laughing the unicorn quickly charged up his horn and blasted Rainius into a rock. And with his magic and holds him up by his neck.

"You fool! I should've taken your magic the day when I faced you in that war long ago. I would have made this world free from love, that is made by lies and betrayal! Just like your pathetic family who took everything from me! And now I'm going to take away the one thing they hold dear by destroying you!"
Rainius tried to break free, then he looked at him and saw himself, a stallion that was hurt, a path he could have chosen long ago… one he almost did. But thankfully, he didn't.

Understanding his thoughts Rainius realized that this stallion who hurt him gave him the very thing he needed, a family, love, and peace to live a life he dreamed, and hoped for after years of searching. Trying to breathe he spoke "Don't you see? You can't win. Not even darkness can cover the world because even the smallest amount of hope and love can create a light strong enough to overcome all darkness! Because no one deserves to be alone… And you shouldn't be either. Please. End this madness. Stop this Sombra. Let me help you." He says extending his hoof out to him, wanting to give the stallion peace and a chance at redemption.

Sombra looks at him shocked, his pupils soften that he lets him go, backing up "No I can't after all I have done no one would want me! You might as well kill me! It's what you want!" He said, looking up at Rainius. His son.

Slowly the stallion rose up, standing as he spoke. "That's where you're wrong. Everyone deserves to have someone in their life, no matter how bad they were. I didn't realize that until now. I hated you, so much that I wanted revenge by destroying you! But with the help of my family and friends, they showed me a new way." He walked forward extending his hoof, trying to forgive and create peace "Please Sombra. You can be happy again you don't have to do this. You can be free. You can be my dad again if you just open your heart, and with friendship, things will get better, and you'll receive peace."

"No! I. Will. Not. Bow to you. Or anyone else!" He replies, then flies up becoming a shadow with only eyes in the dark mist and then starts to use more of his magic to create more clouds making the world darker than before.

Rainius looked down "I'm sorry Sombra but you leave me no choice…" Quickly he flies up and teleports, flying in the air to face Sombra to end him once and for all by shooting magic at one another as the rest could only assume the worst. Helplessly afraid.

"I'm worried about him!" Twilight said. "What if he doesn't kill Sombra, but instead Sombra kills him?! What if-!"

"Twilight, stop! You'll scare the baby!" Celestia said, cutting her off. "I'm worried about him too! But all we can do is just hope he's okay, and that he makes it through this… alive."

As the battle rages on, Sombra grows tired and annoyed. He yells growling "ENOUGH! This ends now!"

"You're right it does!" Rainius said as he glared at Sombra while creating a golden ball in his hoof and throws it at Sombra that begins to make small holes that shined in areas of his shadow body "It's over Sombra and no longer will you harm anypony else with your darkness! I, Rainius Songbird, the son of Princess Luna, the Prince of Redemption, and the future King of Equestria vow you will never hurt another pony, and that you will never exist again!!"

"Noo! Nooooooo!" Sombra screamed as he was incinerated into nothing but clouds that quickly faded away.

Rainius then teleported back to the castle, where everypony cheered for him, celebrating his triumphant victory over the ruthless King Sombra. "Come, Rainius." Celestia said. "I think Starlight is about to awaken from her near-death experience." Rainius quickly followed his aunt into the castle library where Starlight was gonna be waiting for him.

Starlight still appears to be dead. Rainius stands at her bedside as they had bathed her and Rarity put her in a nice dress. She also had wings now, but not bat wings like Rainius, regular Alicorn wings like Twilight, Cadence, Celestia, Luna, and Flurry Heart. She was also a little taller as Rainius could tell. "She shouldn’t be this still." He said, looking at her.

"It’s the morphine, Rainius." Celestia assures him.

"Maybe I was too late," Rainius said, worried.

"No, Rainius." Celestia said. Listen to her heart… she's alive. And it's all thanks to you. You saved her." He smiles elated as Celestia leaves the room, so he could be alone with her for when she wakes up.

Later, in Hollow Shades a young mare brings the three bat syndicate a message on a silver platter, Shadow Mark takes the message.

"Oh, it’s from Celestia. Which is spelt with a C, sweet Moonlight." Shadow says. He motions for his guards who appear beside Moonlight. He reads the message. There's a new Alicorn to her family.

"Ah." Said Crimson Moon as he turned to Shadow.

"Increasing her power." Duke Tail added.
Suddenly Shadow’s guards drag Moonlight away as she screams.

"First it’s the spelling, then the grammar," Shadow said. He gives the message to Crimson.

"It seems our dispute with them is finally over." Crimson Moon said.

"Over?" Shadow questions. Goodness, no. Our dispute goes far beyond the fate of a mere unicorn."

"And what might it be?" Duke Tail asks.

"Why I thought you understood, brother," Shadow said. "... They have something I want!"

Author's Note:

Well, Starlight's an Alicorn now, and the fourth segment of this story is completed. The end is getting near.