• Published 27th Dec 2019
  • 935 Views, 51 Comments

Midnight Sun - FluxFeather

  • ...
6
 51
 935

Chapter Sixteen - The Wedding

"No… no… NO!" Sunburst exclaimed in fury as he thoroughly read the wedding invitation for Rainius and Starlight's wedding. He ran outside, taking on his timberwolf form and was determined to run as far away from Equestria as he could. Or maybe he'd go to Yak Yakistan.

Meanwhile, Starlight was with Rarity in her shop. Rarity was having her try on her wedding horseshoes. The shoes were a little too tight though. "You just have to break them in, darling." Rarity said as she watched Starlight try to walk in them.

"I've been breaking them in… for three days." Starlight replied a little annoyed. "Can I just go barehoof?"

"No! Absolutely not, darling!" Rarity said. "Now, come on, we got to try on the dress!!"

Starlight rolled her eyes. "Ugh… great." She muttered under her breath. She then saw Rainius outside waiting for her. "Um, Rarity, I've gotta go. I'll see you later."

"But darling, you haven't even tried on your dress-!" Rarity said. Before she could say anything, Starlight was gone. "Well, make sure you at least get some beauty sleep!!"

She went out to Rainius. "So, what are you so nervous about?" Starlight asked her fiance.

He stopped. "Starlight, I haven't told you everything about myself…" He began.

"What, you're not a virgin?" Starlight teased. They both shared a laugh. "What it's not like you can scare me away now."

"No." He replied. He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "After my mother had transformed into Nightmare Moon and my aunt Celestia banished her to the moon… I rebelled against her. I was angry at her. She could've saved her, but instead, she just imprisoned her."

"I can't imagine how hard that must've been on you." Starlight said sympathetically.

"It was then I had joined the bat syndicate. Thinking it would help. But it didn't. I just felt worse." He explained.

"Why are you telling me this?" Starlight Inquired. "Did you really think this was going to change my mind about you?"

"No, but I was thinking it might change your mind about yourself and who you wanna see when you look in the mirror a year from now," Rainius said.

"When I look in the mirror a year from now, I wanna see somepony just like you… somepony capable of courage, sacrifice, and most importantly… love." She tells him. He immediately grabs her and starts kissing her. Deeply and passionately. She hears Celestia's voice. "What's going on?"

Rainius chuckles. "I'm late for my bachelor party." He laughed.

"Go ahead. I've got my bachelorette party to go to." She said, letting him go.

"I'll meet you at the alter," He said.

"I'll be the one in white." She giggled.

"That's very convincing." He replied before he left.

The next morning was the big day. Everyone from far and wide had come. Including Starlight's father. Who was still in uncertainty about the whole thing. Rarity was doing Starlight's make-up for the wedding. She was carefully applying blush to Starlight's cheeks. And was putting mascara on her. "Do you need some help? I could do her hair?" Lylac suggested.

"Really?" Starlight smirked.

"Please," Lylac scoffed. "I'm not offended by your choice of groom."

"Just my blatant lack of respect for mortality." Starlight said mockingly.

"Essentially," Lylac commented.

"Weddings… they bring everyone together." Rarity said as she wrapped all of them into a group hug. "Okay, now time for… the dress!" She showed them the wedding dress she made for Starlight.

"You ready?" Firelight asked as he and his daughter Starlight were about to walk down the aisle. Starlight nodded. As they walked down the aisle Starlight could see all her family and friends looking at her with smiles on their faces. She could also see Rainius's family there as well. Soon they were at the altar. Firelight let go of Starlight's hoof.

"Mares and gentlcolts. We are gathered here on this glorious day to witness the union of King Rainius Songbird and Starlight Glimmer." Luna, who was officiating the wedding began. She turns to her son. "Please, repeat after me. I, Rainius Songbird."

"I, Rainius Songbird." He repeated, looking deep into Starlight's indigo eyes.

"Take you Starlight Glimmer," Luna said.

"Take you Starlight Glimmer," Rainius said.

"To have and to hold," Luna said.

"To have and to hold," Rainius said.

"For better, for worse." Starlight said.

"For richer, for poorer," Rainius said.

"In sickness and in health." Starlight said.

"To love," Rainius said.

"To cherish. As long as we both shall live." Starlight said.

"I do," Rainius said.

"I do." Starlight said. "I love you."

"I love you," Rainius said. She grabs him and kisses him.

"You may kiss the… groom?" Luna said. She and everyone else clapped and cheered as the newlyweds broke off their kiss.

After the reception, Firelight stared at the beautiful gigantic wedding cake. "How did she get the cake done so quickly?" He asked.

"Some say there are many things about her that are supernatural." Stellar Flare said.

"Hi, guys!!" Pinkie greeted them. Cheese Sandwich had her wrapped in his hooves.

"Oh, we were just saying how pretty everything is," Firelight said.

"We were all just saying." Stellar Flare joined in.

"Oh, why thanks so much! You don't think it's too much is it?" She asked.

"No!" Firelight answered.

"No. Not at all." Stellar said.

"We've heard so much about you, Starlight." Said Flower Blossom.

"Welcome to the family." Said Coral Treat.

"Thank you." Starlight said.

"Diamond, come meet Starlight." Said Bow Ribbons, gesturing for Diamond Sparkle to meet Starlight.

"I can't do this." Diamond replied.

"You promised." Bow said.

"She's friends with a timberwolf…" Diamond said, her voice a bit shaky.

"Diamond, he's our friend," Rainius said.

"They killed Latenighter!" She exclaimed.

"He tried to kill Starlight." Rainius intervened.

"I don't believe that!" Diamond raised her voice at Rainius. "He wanted to live in peace with ponies… with me." She ran off, tears falling from her cheeks.

"We're sorry." Bow and Flower Blossom said in unison.

"Let's not monopolize the bride. Congratulations. To the both of you." Coral Treat said.

"Thank you." Starlight said. Coral, Bow, and Flower Blossom chased off after Diamond.

"Well, what's a wedding without some family drama?" Rainius chuckled. "Shall we dance?" Starlight nodded. Rainius took her hoof in his and pulled her closer to him. They danced until it was time for the toasts.

"I’d like to propose a toast, to my new mother in law." Announced Singing Armor. "Starlight, I hope you’ve got enough sleep these last twenty-three years, cause you won’t be getting anymore for a while. He laughs and everyone looks at him awkwardly.

Lylac gives her speech. "Well, Starlight was just like everybody else, totally mesmerized my Rainius. Um…and then suddenly, Rainius is all about Starlight. Even though she’s not the captain of the celestial royal guard." She laughs. "I’m just kidding. I’m just kidding. Or am I?" She creates suspense. "I am."

Firelight gives his father of the bride speech to the guests. "Rainius will be a good husband. I know this because… because I’m the founder of the Sires Hollow Preservation Society, I know things. Like how to hunt somepony to the ends of the earth." He says, glaring at Rainius.

"Rainius, darling, even though you look good in anything… You’ll have to get over your aversion to fashion." Rarity said as the crowd laughed.

"I’d like to thank whoever Starlight's mother is and Firelight for bringing such a wonderful pony into the world and into our lives. We will cherish and protect her forever." Celestia said.

Rainius gives his speech. "It’s an extraordinary thing to meet someone who you can bare your soul to and accept you for what you are. I’ve been waiting, for what seems like a very long time, to get beyond what I am. And with Starlight… I feel like I can finally begin. So I’d like to propose a toast to my beautiful bride. No measure of time with you will be long enough. But let’s start with forever."

After all the toasts, Rainius tells Starlight there's one last wedding gift and that it arrived. He walks her away from the crowd. "What's a wedding gift doing all the way out here?" She asked as they were on the outskirts of Canterlot.

"You'll find out. It's more private." Rainius told her.

"Best stallion didn't have time to get a tux," Sunburst said as he came out of one of the bushes.

"Sunburst!" Starlight exclaimed before she galloped to him and jumped into his arms and hugged him. "This is kind of you."

"Kind is my middle name," Sunburst said.

"I'll go see if Lylac wants to dance," Rainius said, leaving the two alone.

"Dance with me?" He asked her. She steps closer to him and he picks her up to twirl her and then they start dancing. "You know, you'd think I'd be used to telling you goodbye by now. Since this is your last night as a mortal."

"Tonight's not my last night as a mortal." Starlight said.

"I…I thought you…" Sunburst didn't know how to respond to that.

"I just want to have a normal honeymoon with him." She said.

"What’s the point? It’s not like you’re gonna have a real honeymoon with him anyway." Sunburst said, angry.

"It’s gonna be as real as anyone else’s." Starlight said.

"That’s a sick joke." Sunburst replies. Starlight gives him a look of confusion. "You are joking?"
Starlight still looks confused. "What? While you’re still mortal? You can’t be serious, Starlight! Tell me you’re not that stupid!"

"I mean, it’s really none of your business." She said. Suddenly Sunburst takes hold of her arms.

"No! You can’t do this!" He objected. His tone hinted rage.

"Sunburst!" She shouted. She was starting to get angry now.

"Listen to me, Starlight!" He tried to reason with her. But she refused.

"Let me go!" She yelled at him.

Suddenly Rainius appears. "Sunburst, calm down." He said.

"Are you out of your mind? Huh? You’ll kill her!" Before Sunburst could attack Rainius, Luna and Celestia appeared and took him away. With him resisting.

"Sorry," Luna said, taking Sunburst away, along with her elder sister.

"Am I really that stupid?" Starlight asked Rainius.

"No." He replied. Come on, let's go. Everyone's waiting for us." The two then walked back to the crowd.

As Starlight and Rainius are about to leave to go on their honeymoon. She is stopped by her dad. "So he really won’t tell you where he’s taking you?" Firelight asked.

"No, it’s a surprise." Starlight said.

"Well, wear a hat, sunscreen, take care of yourself," Firelight said.
"Dad. You know what we said about treating me like a filly." She reminded him.

"Right. Sorry. I just… I'm gonna miss you." He said. Starlight hugs him. "I love you, Starlight.

"I love you too, dad. Always." She said.

"So much." He said.

"I'm gonna miss you too." She said, letting go of him. "Well, I guess this is goodbye."

"I guess so. Bye, dad." Starlight said before leaving with Rainius.

As Starlight and Rainius are about to leave for their honeymoon they are stopped by Twilight.
"It’s gonna be strange. You’re not living under my roof." Twilight said. "Something me and Spike are going to have to get used to."

"Yeah. It’s gonna be strange for me too." Starlight said.

"You know it will always be your home, right?" Twilight said. Starlight nods her head.

"I love you, Twilight… Forever." She hugs Twilight.

"I love you too, Starlight. I always have and I always will." Twilight said.

"Thank you, Twilight… for everything." Starlight said.

"Of course." She said. "Take care."

"I will." Starlight replied. "Don't worry."

"Everything's packed and ready to go," Luna said.

"Looks like it's time for you to go. Goodbye, Starlight." Twilight said before sending her off. A tear trickling down her cheek.

"Goodbye, Twilight." Starlight said before she and Rainius went on their way. They were now gonna be starting a life together. A life of love… and happiness.

Author's Note:

Yes! It finally happened!! They got married!! And it only took 16 chapters (not including the Prologue). Lol.