• Published 27th Dec 2019
  • 934 Views, 51 Comments

Midnight Sun - FluxFeather

  • ...
6
 51
 934

Chapter Nineteen - The Birthing

"How can you even do this to your own son?!" Luna demanded to know. "Just leave him be Sombra! This has nothing to do with him! This is between you and me alone!"

"Oh, but he is Princess. As I no longer have a body as you can see… so with his gifts and mine he'll make a fine and powerful king." Sombra said. Luna glared at him angrily. "Oh Luna you're still as beautiful when you're mad, it's a shame you and I never got our happiness… We could have gotten our dreams together. I still think of you and what we had until we lost everything because of your sister!"

"No! The only thing you lost was yourself when you choose to harness darkness as your ally, instead of I who could have been yours forever...but no you choose your desire that destroyed the one I loved..so I will spare you once but if you cross my family once more I shall be the one to end you! And give you permanent release! Leave!" Luna threatened.

"Oh, come now, Luna!" Sombra said, putting his hoof to her face, but she smacked it away.

"Leave!" She exclaimed.

"Fine," Sombra agreed. He then disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Starlight sat in her room, thinking about the possibilities. How she could die before even seeing the baby's face. She was trying to sleep but was woken up by the baby that startled her to wake by kicking her really hard by her ribs making her sit up weakly as she leaned her head against the bead stand so she'd be able to not fall.

Starlight gasps looking down with a small smile "Hey you be nice I'm trying to sleep we have a long trip tomorrow morning. So do me a favor and let me sleep okay?", she grunts chuckling when it kept kicking "Hey why are you so mean huh? You're probably just excited to see me don't know why I'm pretty lame...Ow! Fine, I'm..um..functional?"

Quietly she looks down waiting but nothing happened, she smiles softly placing her hoof on her belly gently "Oh now you quiet..sorry mommy is okay I guess..although your daddy is very handsome and a prince so that means one day you'll be a prince or princess...and one day you'll be here...and...um…" She sniffs, crying. “You probably don't even understand what I am saying but…I just want you to know that even though I may not see you, at least you’ll know that I loved you just…"

Weakly she began to sing a soft lullaby to her baby, her goodbye, and the love she had for it. It was final words to her baby alone, letting it know that she would always be there, even after she dies, and that this was the only way to be with the baby, the only way to feel it, where she was still breathing, and alive.

She covers her mouth in tears unable to hold back her emotions knowing that she was dying, and may not live to see her baby, not even its face. She whispers in tears "I love you so much my little bundle of joy… always."

Filled with sorrow Rainius leaned his head against the wall after hearing her lullaby, and her last words to their child, he couldn't fight the tears any longer. He begins to cry as he says a prayer whispering to himself. "Please… spare her… she deserves to be alive after all she's done for me… for her sake please don't let her die let her see her baby… take me instead… If anypony deserves to go it's me… I destroy everything I touch… don't take her away from me… I'll do anything to keep her heart beating… just tell me and I'll do it… please… spare her… both of them…"

Tears fell down his face ashamed, and broken "I love them… so much it kills me to see them suffer… don't punish them for my mistakes… my sins… they don't deserve it… it’s my fault… it's all mine… let her live… let her and my baby live..." He cried to himself.

Trying to be strong he opened the door that was barely closed, he goes to her bedside, touching her shoulder. "I truly can't tell you how sorry I am, for how angry I've been," Rainius said as he kissed Starlight.

"I probably would be too." Starlight admitted after she wiped away her tears.

"I’ve left you alone in this. There's no excuse for that." Rainius said.

"Marriage!" Starlight laughed.

"Well, they say the first year is the hardest," Rainius replied. Then all of a sudden he heard an unfamiliar voice. "What was that?"

"What?" Starlight asked, curiously.

"I thought I just heard…" Rainius said before he put his hoof on Starlight’s stomach. "Just say something else."

"Like what?" She asks. Rainius smiles. Rainius what’s going on?"

"She likes the sound of your voice," Rainius said.

"You can hear her?!" Starlight asked, amazed.

"In mind. She likes my voice as well." He replied. Starlight began crying tears of joy. She and Rainius both giggled at each other.

Sunburst watched from a distance. He glared at the happy couple only thinking of how he plans to kill Rainius when Starlight dies. "Sunburst!" Celestia called out to him.

"So, what's going on?" Sunburst asked Celestia and Luna.

"We're going to be heading to the Crystal Empire today," Luna said.

"What?! Why?!" Sunburst blurted out.

"The earliest Starlight will deliver is this afternoon. It would be better if we delivered the baby in the Crystal Empire. There's more protection there." Celestia said. "More defense against Sombra."

"Alrighty then," Sunburst said. "Let's get this show on the road."

Everyone was wearing bags on their backs minus Starlight who was pregnant with a foal, she was laying on one of the thrones exhausted. With magic, Rainius was looking through the Alicorn transformation spell one last time before he looks at Starlight, saddened by her suffering that he wished to take from her. In the distance, his friends were saying their goodbyes to their families before leaving for the Crystal Empire.

"Hey, you okay?" Rainius asked Starlight.

"Yeah, I’m just the one who's carrying a demon that's trying to kill me." She replied.

"This is pretty important, Starlight. Why don’t you tell Rainius what you’ve decided?" Rarity says.

"What…what now?" Rainius asked, confused.

"Rarity is trying to talk Starlight out of her baby names," Sunburst said.

"She hates them." Starlight said.

"Well, then I’m on your side no matter what you pick," Rainius said.

"They’re not that bad. If it’s a boy, Rainius. Named after his father." Starlight said with a smile shot towards Rainius.

"Okay, fine. That one’s not awful. Why don’t you tell them the girl’s name?" Rarity said.

"Me and Rainius were discussing girl names earlier and there was one that we decided on… Galaxy Swirl." Starlight said. "Too weird?"

"No, it's not too weird, in fact, it's beautiful. Which would certainly fit for her since she's going to be as beautiful as her mother." Rainius's comment made Starlight blush lightly.

"He likes it." Starlight said. She tries to pick up something for Rainius but her magic fizzles out. And she broke her back trying to pick it up. Rainius grabs her before she completely falls to the ground. She was now thrown into labor. They rush her to the castle library where Spike prepared a bed for them to lay her on.

"Rarity, pass the morphine," Rainius commands her.

Twilight shows up to the scene. "The placenta must have detached!" She said. Rainius gives Starlight the morphine shot. "Celestia's coming as fast as she can.

"We’ll have to do it." Rarity says as she takes a scalpel to cut Starlight’s stomach open but Rainius stops her.

"No! Let the morphine spread." Rainius said.

"There’s no time. The baby’s dying!" Rarity exclaims.

"Just get it out, now!" Starlight shouted at both of them. Rainius let's go of the scalpel. Rarity cuts her stomach.

"Look at me, Starlight," Sunburst said, holding her hoof. She screams in pain. As Rarity cuts Starlight’s stomach the sight of the blood disgusts her.

"Ow!" Starlight screams in pain.

"Save her! You gotta change her!" Sunburst yells at Rainius.

"I can’t! Not whilst the baby’s still in there. I gotta get it out first." He replies.

"Stay focused. Keep your heart beating." Sunburst says to Starlight who’s screaming in pain.

"The baby is suffocating!" She exclaims.
With magic, Rainius rips the embryonic sac and pulls the baby out, causing Starlight to scream again.

"It’s Galaxy Swirl," Rainius said as he showed Starlight their baby. Galaxy was a white Alicorn with bat wings just like Rainius, she had her father's bright blue eyes. She had a dark red dragon-like tail with fur on the end of it. Her mane was long and wavy and greatly resembled Starlights. Purple with cyan streaks through it.

"She's Beautiful." Starlight said.

Rainius gives the baby to Starlight, the baby bites Starlight which Rainius takes her back after that. Starlight then becomes unresponsive and doesn't appear to be breathing. "Starlight?" Sunburst tried to get a response out of her. "Starlight?!" He shook her body. Still no response. "STARLIGHT?!" He began to perform CPR on her.

"Sunburst, take the baby!" Rainius tells him.

"You keep that thing away from me!" He exclaimed. "I'm only trying to save the mother of that thing, not the thing itself!"

"Here. Rainius, I'll take her." Rarity says as Rainius gives her the baby.

Rainius then gets out a scroll and reads it over. "What's that?" Sunburst inquired.

"The Alicorn transformation spell," Rainius answered. He charges up his horn and with magic he zaps her. But nothing happens. "It's supposed to be working."

"Perform CPR. Get the magic flowing through her veins." Twilight suggested. He does just that.

"Come on, come on!" Rainius screamed as he continued performing CPR on her.

Sunburst looks up at him in tears. "I won't kill you. That'd be too easy. You deserve to live with this." He said harshly before he left the room. Rainius is still desperately trying to revive Starlight.

"Come back to me, please! Please! Starlight! Starlight! Please!" Rainius cried.

Meanwhile, on the outskirts of Ponyville, Sombra was approaching in his shadowy veil. "RAINIUS!! YOU HAVE SOMETHING THAT BELONGS TO ME!!" Sombra called.

Rainius, who was still in the library with Starlight, stopped as he heard Sombra's voice. "Rainius, it's time," Twilight said. He nodded.

He kissed Starlight's forehead. "You're gonna be okay." He whispered to her before leaving to fight Sombra.

All the mane six, but Rarity rushed out with Rainius to assist in the battle with Sombra. "We're here fer ya, Rainius." Applejack said.

"I won't let him hurt my family." He said.

"You won't have to worry about that!" Celestia said as she flew down from the sky, along with her sister, Luna.

As Sunburst watches the conflict outside he goes into the living room of the castle where Rarity was with baby Galaxy Swirl. And as Sunburst and Galaxy met eyes, suddenly everything changed. His words about imprinting that he told Shining Armor suddenly replayed in his mind. He suddenly felt moved by this notion. He felt lighter than air. He was to be her friend, her brother, and her protector. It was then he knew. Sombra couldn't harm her, not on his watch. He wasn't gonna allow it.

"If you kill her, you kill me!!" Sunburst announced as he rushed out the door to Sombra. The rest of the mane six, Celestia, and Luna looked at him strangely. Since when did he suddenly care about Galaxy? Rainius knew why from reading his mind, though the idea disgusted him.

"I'm sorry, everypony." Rainius said. They all looked at him confused. In an instant, he tackled Sombra, teleporting him and himself. Everypony gasped as they disappeared. But where did they go? No pony knows. This was Rainius's fight, and he was going to face it alone.

Author's Note:

The baby is finally here!! EEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHH!!! 😂😂😂 anywho, enjoy. 🙃