• Published 3rd Dec 2019
  • 382 Views, 15 Comments

Quills and Sofas Warehouse Sale - Zontan



Bulk rates on Quills and Sofas speedwrites. Now open to the public.

  • ...
2
 15
 382

Nostalgia

Author's Note:

Second place in a PANIC! Fiction. Written in twenty minutes. The prompt was "Reunion."

Tags: Celestia, Luna, Drama

“My sister, I understand that thou hath missed me, but if thou could remove thyself from thine person, please.”

Celestia let out a little ‘oh’ and released her hold on her little sister. “I’m sorry, Luna. I’ve just missed you so much these last thousand years. It’s been so lonely without you—”

“Yes, yes, we understand,” Luna said frostily. “But tis only a thousand years for you, mine sister. For Us, ‘twas yesterday. And while the elements may have removed the dark influence from Our mind, they have not erased Our memories.”

“Oh,” Celestia repeated, her voice small. “I didn’t realize. I… I suppose you’re still mad, then.”

“You banished Us to the moon. You took the most glorious part of Our night, the night We hoped ponies would appreciate further, and turned it into a symbol of the monster We became! You turned the jewel of Our night into a prison! Yes, We are still mad! Luna boomed out in the Royal Canterlot Voice, making Celestia wince.

“Luna…” she whispered, folding her wings close and becoming as small as she could make herself. “I was wrong. I neglected you, and I didn’t see that you were hurting. And for that, I will apologize every day for the next thousand years, if that is what you need me to say. I… I felt I had no choice, that day when we fought. I didn’t know what the Elements would do, and… I couldn’t let the Nightmare hurt my little ponies. I am so sorry for what happened that day, but… I just want my sister back. Please.”

Luna’s gaze remained stormy. Even with Celestia trying to make herself smaller, she still had to look up to see her older sister’s face, the Elements having robbed her of her stature, as if to add one final insult to her injury. She opened her mouth to snap out another retort, but then she paused, seeing the look on Celestia’s face. Her ears were drooped, her mane lying flat against her neck, rainbow colors hardly flowing at all. Her eyes watered, tears threatening to flow but just barely being held back. Luna found her voice dying in her throat, and she looked away.

“Damn you,” she finally muttered. “‘Twould be easier to fight. We betrayed thou. Thou should be furious.” She fell quiet for a moment, before murmuring, “It is easier to be mad when thou are furious.”

Celestia reached one wing forward, instinctively reaching out to wrap Luna in an embrace, but she stopped before it got there. Finally, she pulled back, and spoke again. “Being mad was what pushed us past the point of no return. I gave you a target for your anger, and it consumed you. I am done being angry. I don’t want to fight you, Luna. I never did.”

Luna sniffed, and suddenly she was the one crying. “Not even for old time’s sake?” she asked, but as she said it, she had turned back, smiling softly through her tears.

Celestia dared to smile. “Perhaps one day. But… it’s too early to be nostalgic. After all, it was only yesterday.”

Luna let out a snort, before clamping a hoof over her mouth. But it did nothing to quell her laughter, and a moment later, she had embraced Celestia. Her sister, once again.