• Published 1st Jul 2020
  • 2,684 Views, 96 Comments

Forever Lasting Bonds - SonicSpeed Kaleb



A fanmade reboot of Friendship is Magic with Spike as the main character. Be warned, as it can get quite dark every now and then.

  • ...
20
 96
 2,684

The Magic of Friendship Part two

Spike popped up onto the screen as he explained what happened in the first part. "Previously, on Forever Lasting Bonds. Twilight and I got sent to Ponyville to check out the decorations for the Summer Sun Celebration, and Twilight was a total butt when it came to making friends."

"Spike, you can't just roast me in the recap." Twilight reminded Spike as she chimed in with a teleport. "Tell them about what happened at the Summer Sun Celebration, and what happened with that thing you got zapped with."

"I was getting to that." Spike assured Twilight, and then he finished the recap. "Nightmare Moon came along and zapped me with this weird beam that filled me with dark energy, and somehow I was able to survive it. I can't explain how, but I'm sure you'll find something that'll fit in this part. (Gives a peace sign) Let's do this!"


Everyone in the area was watching in fear at what Nightmare Moon was doing as Twilight headed off with Spike. As the mayor had some of the residents attack Nightmare Moon, she swatted their projectiles back at them with Rainbow Dash noticing Spike and Twilight heading off. Wanting to know what they were up to, she dashed after them with Lightspeed right behind her, hoping the two of them were okay.


Spike and Twilight arrived back at the library and started searching as Twilight told Spike what they needed to find. "Alright Spike. We have to find the book on the Elements of Harmony, and fast. No time to lose."

Spike nodded in response, looking for the book as Rainbow Dash burst through the door, seeming quite suspicious as Lightspeed walked behind her. "Easy Rainbow. They could be looking for something to help us out with."

"That's just it though. She knows something about this! Her AND her brother." Rainbow dash pointed out just as the others came along with Rainbow Dash pinning Twilight against a wall, which she wasn't too fond of. "Now. Just what are these Elements of Harmony I heard you mention when I got here? And how did you know about Nightmare Moon, huh? Are you a spy?"

Applejack pulled Rainbow Dash away by her tail, confirming that Twilight was perfectly safe to be around. "Simmer down, Sally. She ain't no spy." She had to admit however, she was just as curious about the Elements of Harmony as Rainbow Dash was. "But she sure knows what's going on. Don't you, Twilight?"

Twilight started the explanation, hoping she could get some help with this. "I read all about the prediction of Nightmare Moon. Some mysterious objects called the Elements of Harmony are the only things that can stop her."

"Problem is we don't know where to find them here." Spike chimed in, continuing the explanation and why they were so frantic about finding the book. "We left our copy in Canterlot, and now we're hoping there's one here."

"The Elements of Harmony. (Pinkie Pie is shown looking in the E section) A Reference Guide." Twilight instantly got the book from the shelf as Pinkie Pie spoke in a singsong voice where it lied. "It was under E!"

"Of course it was." Spike responded as Twilight then started reading the book to find out where the Elements of Harmony were.

"Okay. There are six Elements of Harmony, but only five are known;" As Twilight stated the elements, Fluttershy was shown first, then Pinkie Pie, then Rarity, then Applejack, and finally Rainbow Dash. "Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Honesty and Loyalty."

Spike snatched the book from Twilight, continuing the read in his own verse. "The sixth is too mysterious for the common eye. So you'd better hope you have a rare one on ya. Only once the last five are located can we see how awesome it truly is, if your eyes don't die from looking at it." Twilight rolled her eyes while smiling as Lightspeed laughed a bit at Spike's over the top phrasing. "There's only one location in all of Equestria we can find them in."


A dark and gloomy forest was shown with lightning flaring as Spike announced the location. "The Everfree, forest!" Spike was excited, leading the group as he spoke with confidence. "Keep haste new friends, and awesome elder sister, we have magical elements to find, and we won't give up until we find them."

Twilight wasn't exactly fond of being in a group like this with Lightspeed walking up to Spike to discuss it. "Your sister isn't much of a friend lover, is she."

"She's been beyond focused on her studies for years now. She barely interacts with her friends in Canterlot." Spike explained, hoping Twilight's interest in friendship sparked soon. "It's not like this'll last forever though."

"I sure hope not." Lightspeed agreed, knowing that friendship could help anyone in a dark place. "This trip could do her some good."

Twilight could overhear Spike and Lightspeed talking about her, rolling her eyes while smiling as Rainbow Dash started a conversation. "So Twilight. You know why no one knows how this place works, right?" Twilight gave a sly grin to Rainbow Dash, being quite familiar with the reasons with the cyan Pegasus whispering to her. "Because everyone who came here, died. On the spot."

Twilight was about to start laughing as the platform suddenly vanished, making her almost fall before Applejack caught her. She looked up at Applejack, being pretty well aware of how this place works now. "I think I have a good idea as to why no one made it out of here alive!"

Applejack saw Rainbow dash and Fluttershy waiting down below, looking at Twilight as she spoke up. "Let go." Twilight raised an eyebrow with Applejack assuring her that it was okay. "It'll be alright sugarcube. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are right below you. Just let go, and you'll be fine."

Twilight took Applejack's word for it, letting go and getting caught by Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, just as expected. Fluttershy did struggle a bit, hoping to get her down safely. "Sorry. I'm not used to carrying more than a couple of bunnies." Just then, an animal was heard in the background, giving the group the indication that they should continue onward.


Rainbow Dash was talking hyperactively about how she saved the non-Pegasus ponies, excluding Applejack, since she got her own way down. "And once Pinkie and Rarity were saved, whoosh... Me and Fluttershy loop-de-loop around and WHAM! Caught you right in the nick of time."

"I couldn't be any more grateful for that." Twilight assured Rainbow Dash, and then she something that concerned her. "Guys, look out! Manticore!"

The manticore jumped out at everyone, roaring violently after they all dodged with Lightspeed helping Spike up, since he didn't get the best timing. The two smiled at each other just as Spike noticed Fluttershy trying to say something. "Um...guys? Can we stop for a moment?"

Everyone else was trying to fight off the manticore with Spike walking over to Fluttershy and assuring her that he's got this. "Everyone shut up!"

Everyone looked at Spike, Lightspeed, and Fluttershy with Fluttershy thanking Spike for his efforts. "Thank you Spike." Fluttershy walked over to the manticore with a calm, caring smile, leading to the manticore revealing the thorn that made him go berserk. She reached closely, startling the manticore a bit, but then she pulled it out slowly, which led to him smiling with gratitude. The manticore licked Fluttershy affectionately, leading to her giggling and then comforting him. "Aw you're just a little ol' baby kitty, aren't you? Yes you are, yes you are."

Twilight was astonished by how well Fluttershy was tending to the manticore with Rainbow Dash having expected it. "That's Fluttershy for ya." Twilight was starting to warm up to the group, glad they came along to help her.


Spike and Lightspeed were talking about the forest as Spike was shown to be getting exciting vibes. "And then when we meet Nightmare Moon for the final battle, I'm gonna go (Punches the air) wham; and she's gonna go (Mimics crying) wah; (Points to the sky) and we'll all be praised for having saved the world."

Twilight giggled a bit at her brother's love for adventure as she started talking about where they currently were. "That ancient ruin could be right in front of our faces and we wouldn't even know it. "

"So it's like a ghost?" Lightspeed asked with concern, not knowing if he would be able to go up against a ghost. "Not really my style."

"Relax Lightspeed. All you need to tame a ghost, is a bottle." Spike stated, leaving Twilight to scoff at his lack of knowledge with Spike then noticing a tree with a creepy face on it. "Hey, do ALL the trees here have faces, or is it just this one?"

Everyone looked to see the tree, only for it to growl and creep out Fluttershy, who hid behind Rainbow Dash. "Okay, this place is weird."

Pinkie Pie was right in the tree's face when it roared, laughing and surprising everyone with Spike laughing right alongside her. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy found Pinkie Pie's sudden laughter to be pretty hilarious and joined her, leaving Rarity to chime in as well, and even Fluttershy and Lightspeed started laughing with them. Twilight found this charming enough to start laughing herself, after a shrug anyway, and the trees saw them all laughing and joined in, leading to all of the faces vanishing with Pinkie pie wiping a laughter tear from her eye.

Everyone stopped laughing and continued walking with Pinkie pie bringing up the helpfulness of laughter. "Ya really never know when laughter is gonna lighten up a mood as scary as that." Twilight was glad to see Pinkie Pie keeping her spirits, knowing that in this place, it wasn't anywhere near as easy as she made it look.

Spike was quite impressed by this, knowing full well that Pinkie Pie wasn't showing an ounce of fear the whole way. "I never thought I'd find someone like you in Ponyville Pinkie Pie. You make laughing in the face of danger so easy. Well, I haven't gotten the chance to do that, so..."

Pinkie pie laughed a bit at Spike's words, knowing he would get his chance one day. "Everyone will get their chance at that someday Spike. They just have to know when the right time is."

Everyone then heard crying coming from nearby as they came across a giant river of sorts. Spike found the crying to be quite annoying, since it was coming from what sounded like an adult. "Okay. How do we cross the big baby?"

A sea serpent rose up, knowing that his random crying could annoy anyone out of context. "I'm terribly sorry to intrude upon your journey. I know it must be embarassing to see a grown up cry."

"Why are you crying anyway?" Spike asked, figuring he should at least know the cause of the sea serpent's tears.

"Well I was just sitting here, (Wipes eyes) minding my own business, and a purple smoke cloud just whisked past me, tearing half of my beloved mustache clean off!" The sea serpent explained, leaving Spike to give him a blunt look.

Rainbow Dash wasn't too impressed by this either. "Oh, give me a break."

And neither was Applejack. "That's what all the fuss is about?"

"Why of course it is. How can you be so insensitive?" Rarity asked in disgust, walking up to the sea serpent and ripping one of his scales off, much to his surprise as she explained her reasons. "There's no way that set of luminescent scales and expertly coiffed mane could match as well with a half beautiful mustache." Rarity cut most of her tail off, surprising everyone as she then handed it to the sea serpent. "Allow me to providde a substitute."

The sea serpent was incredibly grateful for the service, smiling as he put the tail on and found it to be perfect. "Oh, thank you!"

"You're quite welcome my dear." Rarity then saw the others looking at her with confusion. "Oh, tails are short this season. And it'll grow back anyway." The sea serpent looked over the river, knowing what he could do to repay Rarity.


The sea serpent was carrying Spike and the others over the river with Rarity thanking him after getting off. "Thank you good sir. I do hope your new mustache is treated right."

The sea serpent waved goodbye to Rarity and the others, heading off as Spike suddenly felt a burst of dark energy inside of him. This concerned Twilight greatly, having her look at where Spike was clenching, which was his heart. "Spike, maybe you should've stayed home. I don't think this is worth the risk."

"Relax Twilight, I'll be fine." Spike assured Twilight, actually taking somewhat of a liking to this power of his. "I...actually kinda like it. Makes me feel strong knowing that I survived it."

Lightspeed took out a bottle of painkillers and handed them to Spike. "Make sure to take these when you feel the need to, just in case. That blast from Nightmare Moon might've taken a huge toll on you, and I'm sure none of us would want to lose you now."

Spike appriciated the concern and put the painkillers into his bag, assuring Lightspeed that he'd be safe with them. "I can't promise anything, but I'll do what I can." Lightspeed nodded in understanding with everyone heading off and finding a giant cliff, making Spike feel more than daring. "This could be fun."

"I can guess what you're planning." Twilight assured Spike as she stopped him from jumping down. "You wanna jump down there, randomly grab until you get a rope, and then climb back up with the rope to climb across."

"And just how did you predict that?" Spike asked with his arms crossed and a grin.

"Because I know you." Twilight informed Spike as she rubbed his head, and then she became cautious. "But we have a couple pegasi on our team, so it's not mandatory. We should also see if there's a rope on the other side first."

"On it!" Rainbow Dash flew over to the other side and found the rope, getting ready to take it over to the others as she felt a bunch of dark energy around her with black clouds doing the same. "Who's there?"

Rainbow Dash set the rope down and saw a bunch of ponies appear from behind her, getting defensive as they all chuckled. The leader spoke up and walked up to her slowly. "Don't worry girl. We're just here to make you an offer." The leader put his hoof underneath Rainbow Dash and spoke to her seductively. "We want you to join our very special fliers team."

"Hmm. Does sound tempting." Rainbow Dash swatted the leader's hoof away, not getting into any sort of relationship with him. "And I'm into girls, so no dice in any romance."

"Fair enough." The leader continued to speak to her in an attempt to convince her to join them. "We heard you're the bravest, swiftist flier in all the land." Rainbow Dash nodded in response proudly with the leader continuing to speak to her. "The best flier in all of Equestria. (Gets close to Rainbow Dash) Just ditch your friends and join us. The Shadowbolts. (Whispers into Rainbow Dash's ear) Your life will be complete, and we'll even get you a wife to settle down with. Whatya say hot stuff?"

Rainbow Dash considered her options, but then shoved the leader to the side and scoffed at the idea of him trying to persuade her from saving her friends. "Sorry buddy, but not only did you act seductive again, knowing I'm gay, but you also tried to convince me to let those people over there die. I've been friends with Fluttershy for fifteen years now, and I'm not leaving her for anything. And I'm especially not leaving my brother."

Rainbow Dash picked up the rope with the Shadowbolt leader calling over to her. "You'll regret this Rainbow dash!"

The Shadowbolts vanished with Rainbow Dash rolling her eyes as she tied the rope on the other side. "Can you believe that creep? I told him I didn't like boys and he still acted all seductive."

Lightspeed consoled Rainbow Dash as Spike took a list out. "Tell me about it. (Spike writes down a name on a list of people out of his chance of dating) The world we LGBT members live in.


Spike and the others arrived at the tower with Spike noticing that his claw was glowing a dark shade of purple. Twilight noticed this and showed concern for him, hoping he wasn't giving into Nightmare Moon's magic. "You okay Spike?"

"I will be after we get those elements. Hopefully." Spike replied, and then they went to the top of the tower. When they got there, they spotted the Elements of Harmony and Spike got excited. "Yes! (Notices something) Wait. Guys, do the math."

Everyone counted how many Elements of Harmony there were with everyone being confused upon seeing this as Rainbow Dash commented on it. "Only five elements? Did someone forget to put the sixth one here?"

"I don't think so Rainbow Dash." Twilight took the book on the Elements of Harmony out as she re-read the page that mentioned the sixth element. "Only once the first five elements are located, shall the sixth one be revealed. (Puts the book away) Obviously something has to happen in order for the last element to appear.

Spike's claw started hurting a bit, causing him to clench it as he expressed how annoying the pain was to deal with. "Well whatever's supposed to happen, it better happen quick, cause I don't think the rest of my body is gonna wait."

Just then, maniacal laughter was heard with everyone looking in the direction of the elements upon hearing it. Nightmare Moon came down from the ceiling and spoke proudly about the failure of Spike and the others. "Did you really think finding the Elements of Harmony would be enough to stop me? Not even close!" Nightmare Moon shattered the Elements of Harmony, shocking the others as she then glared at them. "And now, it's time to kill you!"

Nightmare Moon charged a massive blast and launched it after five seconds with Spike refusing to let his friends get hurt. "Leave...them...alone!" After Spike finished his demand, he jumped in front of the blast and a massive shield appeared that blocked it. His eyes were closed when it spawned, but when he opened them, he was amazed by what he saw and whispered his word of awe. "Wow."

Spike touched the shield with everyone else looking at it until it vanished, leaving Nightmare Moon in amazement. 'Amazing. It seems as if the dragon was able to consume my powers rather than be harmed by the blast.' Nightmare Moon refused to back down, only for the elements to reform around her, stunning her in place by the flash. "What is the meaning of this!?"

Twilight saw everyone else stepping up and looked back to every moment they had in the Everfree Forest. From Applejack giving her the trust to let go on the ledge, to Fluttershy taming the beast, to Pinkie Pie literally laughing in the face of danger, to Rarity granting her tail to the sea serpent, to Rainbow Dash giving up a once in a life time opportunity to help them, all of these moments showed her that friendship did have meaning to it. "It IS worth something."

Twilight looked at Nightmare Moon with confidence as she spoke about the failure in her plan. "You think you can destroy The Elements of Harmony just like that? Well, you're wrong, because the spirits of The Elements of Harmony are right here."

The Elements of Harmony respawned, much to Spike and Lightspeed's amazement with Nightmare Moon looking in horror. "What!? Explain this!"

Twilight proudly did so, knowing they could win now as everyone she mentioned shined with their respective element. "Applejack, who reassured me when I was in doubt, represents the spirit of... honesty! Fluttershy, who tamed the manticore with her compassion, represents the spirit of... kindness! Pinkie Pie, who banished fear by giggling in the face of danger, represents the spirit of... laughter! Rarity, who calmed a sorrowful serpent with a meaningful gift represents the spirit of... generosity! And Rainbow Dash, who could not abandon her friends for her own heart's desire represents the spirit of... loyalty! The spirits of these five ponies got us through every challenge you threw at us."

Nightmare Moon was impressed by this and chuckled devilishly upon hearing it. "So you can. But you still lack the sixth element! And I doubt the dragon is capable of mastering that power of his yet!"

"Maybe not. But that's fine for now." Twilight responded, finishing her words with pride. "The spark that's happening now. I felt it the very moment I realized how happy I was to hear you, to see you, how much I cared about you. The spark ignited inside me when I realized that you all... are my friends! You see, Nightmare Moon, when those Elements are ignited by the... the spark, that resides in the heart of us all, it creates the sixth element: the element of... magic!"

A rainbow got ready as an instrumental version of Friends from My Little Pony Equestria Girls was heard in the background. Nightmare Moon tried to escape, but she was still trapped by the Elements' beam, causing her to take the rainbow head on. "NOOOOOO!" Nightmare Moon got hit directly with the rainbow with an explosion coming up and causing the night to turn back into day. When it vanished, everyone descended, and Rarity even had her tail back.

Fluttershy was the first to take notice to this and was more than happy to speak up in regards to it. "Rarity! Look!"

Rarity saw her tail and admired it while replying to Fluttershy's words. "I know. I'll never part with it again!"

"No. Your necklace! It's incredible!" Rarity took notice to her necklace, as did Rainbow Dash and Applejack when they finished rubbing their heads. Twilight and Pinkie Pie also noticed their necklaces with all of them being admired to a great deal.

Spike and Lightspeed walked up to Luna, who was waking up from her slumber as Spike reached his claw out. Luna took notice to this and also Spike's smile, making her amazed to see that such a young child was mature enough to forgive her for all of this. Lightspeed watched with a smile, glad that Spike wasn't holding any resentment towards Luna for what happened. Luna started crying tears of joy and hugged Spike, much to his surprise as she spoke up. "Thank you."

Spike smiled and wrapped his arms around Luna, knowing she needed all the comfort she can get. "No problem Luna."


As the screen faded to black, it rose to light again with the sun being shown and Pinkie Pie jumping up while playing a party horn. "The Summer Sun Celebration is back on everypony! LET'S PARTY!" Pinkie Pie blew the party horn again and everyone started socializing and having a blast with Spike walking up to Lightspeed as he looked at his claw.

Lightspeed saw Spike walking up to him and asked him about his claw as he noticed that it was still glowing. "Your claw's still glowing, huh? At least it's not as big as before."

"Yeah, but now it's got this symbol on it. It's cool, but kinda weird too." Spike showed Lightspeed the symbol, and it was shaped like a black heart, concerning Lightspeed as Spike commented on it again. "I guess we'll find out what the black heart thing means on a later date."

Twilight was sitting on a water fountain as she looked in despondence with Celestia flying down to her. "Something wrong Twilight?"

Twilight flinched and looked at her mentor, wondering where she was the whole time. "Where have YOU been?"

"Oh, I was watching from above." Celestia replied, making Twilight raise an eyebrow towards her as she chuckled a bit. "Don't worry Twilight, I didn't bring Nightmare Moon back myself. I just knew that if you did this yourself and discovered who the Elements of Harmony were, you would finally see the joy of friendship. So I decided to stay out of it."

Twilight snorted, finding Celestia's methods to be quite damaging. "Thanks for almost letting me die." Celestia noticed that Twilight's sarcasm wasn't as natural as usual, putting a hoof on her shoulder as she sighed and explained it. "It sucks that Spike and I are leaving tomorrow. I finally see the value of friendship, and now it's just taken away from me. I can always visit, but I doubt my friends in Canterlot are up to reconcile."

"I doubt that." Celestia assured Twilight, and then she thought for a moment and came up with an idea that she knew Twilight would love. "Ya know, you could always move here." Twilight was stunned by Celestia's suggestion, looking at her with shock as she went into more detail. "You'd be missed in Canterlot for sure, but I know we can make this work. I'll tell your friends that this is for the best, and you can send me one letter a week stating something new you learned about friendship."

Twilight thought about her chances, and looked around at all of her new friends. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie pie. And also Lightspeed, but he was more of a friend to Spike. She smiled as she made her response with full confidence that it was the correct decision. "Yeah. I'd like that."

Spike and Lightspeed were walking over to Twilight and Celestia as Spike spoke about something crazy that happened in Canterlot. "So then she turned back to normal, and she said she didn't wanna move because of how much fun she was having with me, and (Sees Twilight) oh, hey Twilight."

Twilight got down from the water fountain and walked over to Spike with a huge smile on her face. "Spike, I have amazing news. Celestia said we could move here, and that's exactly what we're gonna do! (Thinks for a bit) If you're okay with it that is."

"Are you kidding!? That'd be awesome!" Spike hugged Twilight, and then after a couple seconds, he pulled her away as he said something else. "Does that mean you're serious about this whole friendship learning thing?"

"You bet. And this is the best place I'll be able to do that." Twilight confirmed, making Lightspeed give a massive smile as he knew this would be his chance to continue hanging out with Spike. Twilight then realized that she'd have to make some arrangements. "We'll have to head back to Canterlot to pack up and bring all of our stuff here, but I just know we're going to fit right here in Ponyville."

Spike nodded in agreement, knowing that life in Ponyville was going to end up being some of the best times of his life. "This is gonna be the best time ever."


Spike and Twilight were moving their stuff into the Golden Oak Libary with the help of Queen Celestia and the recently returned Queen Luna. Luna was glad to see that Spike, Twilight, and their new friends forgave her for the crimes she's committed, and she was more than ready to atone for her actions. "I'm so glad Twilight and her friends were able to forgive me dear sister. I'm especially glad YOU were able to forgive me." Luna then sighed, knowing this wouldn't apply to everyone. "I just hope everyone else eventually feels the same way."

Celestia embraced her sister, looking at her with confidence as she spoke about what could happen. "I'm confident everypony will forgive you soon enough Luna. Even if it's not always as fast as we hope, everyone is capable of adaption." Luna smiled upon hearing those kind words with Celestia then giving a smug grin. "But if you turn into Nightmare Moon again, get ready to face the wrath of Daybreaker." Luna flinched, but then shared a laugh with Celestia at her cracking wise.

Spike was setting up a games console underneath a Tv with Twilight taking notice to the placement. "Ya know, it just occurred to me. This place is able to do everything it needs to with only the bare minimum of magic, unlike Canterlot, which was all about magic. I wonder how they'll react to seeing this kind of level of technology being used here."

"I don't think it'll be an issue." Spike assured Twilight, having high doubts that anyone here would go to the witch levels of calling out. "I think they'll even be okay with it if I open up a game store here." Twilight was glad to see Spike being so loving to the idea of moving to Ponyville, knowing the two of them were going to love it here without question.


Spike and Lightspeed were walking across a bridge in Ponyville as they talked about all that recently went down. Spike was still looking at his claw as he wondered what it was going to do to him. "What do you think the symbol on my claw means? (Lightspeed looks at Spike) I was able to protect all of us the other day by spawning that shield, but I didn't have any control of it. I just felt you guys getting hurt would be worse for me than myself getting hurt, and I jumped. I didn't even think about it, I just went in there and I made an awesome shield out of it. That can't just mean anything."

Lightspeed liked seeing Spike's loyal side, giving a soft smile as he started his reply. "The dragons need a representative like you." Spike smiled back with Lightspeed then stating what he thought about the symbol. "And I'm not sure what the symbol is about, or what your power is going to come to." Lightspeed took a step closer to Spike as they continued walking and assured him that he wouldn't leave him. "I know we only recently met Spike, but no matter what happens, I won't abandon you because of this."

Spike was grateful for that, wrapping his arm around Lightspeed while hoping it wasn't awkward for him, which it wasn't, much to his relief. He then saw a good looking pizza place, hoping they had some flavors that sufficed for both him and Lightspeed. "Hey, you wanna get some lunch at that pizza place? I'm not exactly vegan, but I don't think pepperoni is horse meat."

"It's not, and as long as we don't eat it in front of Applejack's pigs, I don't think we'll ever have any problems." Lightspeed assured Spike, going into the pizza place with him as both got ready for a good time.


Twilight was filing some papers as Spike and Lightspeed came into the house with an extra large pizza box. "Hey Twilight! We brought home lunchies! We've got all kinds of different flavors here, ready to go straight into your mouth!"

Twilight smelled the pizza and giggled a bit, knowing that Spike was one for his meats. "Spike, I've been a vegetarian for like, a month. (Spike hands her a vegan slice) Oh, thanks."

Twilight started eating her slice as Spike got a good look at what she was writing on, finding that it was an application to the school in Ponyville. Lightspeed took a liking to this while Spike was a bit skeptical on the matter. "School? I don't know Twilight. Seems like a target for boredom."

"Trust me Spike, you'll love our school!" Lightspeed assured Spike, having a massive fondness for it himself. "I won't spoil anything, but I WILL say that everything you do will feel like an adventure of a lifetime."

Spike looked at the sheet and then at the symbol on his claw, smiling as he figured he would be able to adapt. "As long as someone I know is attending, I guess I'll be fine." Spike wrapped his arm around Lightspeed with Twilight smiling at how close they were as a rainbow flew past the screen with an instrumental version of Friends playing during the credits.

The song then started playing the lyrics as Twilight's voice was heard singing them. "For every day, I look around me, for every time I see you near. I thank the stars, whose light surrounds me, I thank the earth that keeps you here. Cause I will only follow, my true heart. And I can see it clear now, right from the start. You were my little pony. I used to wonder what friendship could be; my little pony. Until you shared it's magic with me. My little pony. I used to wonder what friendship could be. My little pony. Until you shared it's magic, with me.


The song ended with a post credits scene with a defeated wasteland being shown as the footsteps of a black dragon child were walking on it. The dragon was revealed to not be wearing anything, or protecting his eyes from the sandstorm. He then felt something on his right claw, looking at it and finding what he found on it to be incredible. It was the same symbol Spike had gained, making the dragon clench his claw as he looked in the direction he was being led to. The dragon ran off with determination, ready to find out who had the matching symbol to his.