• Published 16th Aug 2012
  • 2,933 Views, 90 Comments

Ace Combat - Battle for Equestria - Lonewolf78



War has broken out between the Solar Empire, New Lunar Republic, and Legion of Discord.

  • ...
5
 90
 2,933

Chapter 16: Final Stand

Discord's Palace
8 October 2017
11:30 hours.

"It is time your highness."

"Well let's get going then."

Discord left the palace and headed out to a helicopter that was waiting to take him to the location of the project they had been working on for the last several months.

"Will these tests be painful?" Discord asked.

"They shouldn't. All we'll do is connect everything to you and get it set up."

"Very well. Let's do this. I'm in the mood for some grand scale chaos."

____________________



Whitemare AFB Conference Room
13:10 Hours.

Both sides had been up since 6AM going over stuff and readying the peace accords and the plans to jointly go after Discord. The plan was to attack his forces in and around Gracemareia, as well as taking him out. Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy spent the time getting caught up. As soon as Pinkie heard they were together she made a bee line for the base, and was also talking to them.

"I can't believe we're back together! Well we are missing Twilight and Applejack but they probably had other stuff to do so that's fine, as soon as I heard the two of you were here with Dash and that the war was over I had to run up here to.."

She gasped for air, then continued.

"see for myself this is so great I need to get a party set up, I can get the Shadowbolts..."

"Settle down Pinkie," Dash said. "We're still at war with Discord, we need to get that out of the way before we celebrate."

"Then what are we waiting for let's do it!"

Rarity just shook her head. "Yep, you haven't changed any."

"What do you do now anyway?" Fluttershy asked Pinkie.

"Oh I keep the troops entertained. I go around to bases and front lines and throw parties and stuff, you know, to keep morale up. I don't think I can top the war between us ending though."

"I'm actually worried about that," Fluttershy replied. "Most ponies on both sides still have hate and distrust towards each other. It will take awhile for everypony to start trusting each other again."

"Well hopefully the speech that Luna and Celestia will give tonight will solve that problem," replied Dash.

Nearby the princesses were still going over stuff and making calls. Celestia did take some time out to talk to Maverick, who was a little worried considering his squadron caused some of the worst grief for the Empire.

"So you're Maverick?"

"Y-Yeah," he replied.

"Needless to say I've heard a lot about you, and what you've done, but there is one thing I've been wondering."

"What?" he replied softly.

"During this war, with all of the hate and distrust between the two sides, you broke off from your engagement with those missiles to shoot the one heading for Tall Tale down,and give us warning about the stealth ones. Why?"

"Because Discord wasn't attacking a military target with those. He was targeting civilians, and you had no knowledge of them. I wasn't about to watch more die in front of me." Celestia looked pleased.

"If only more ponies had thought like this," she replied. "So when did you see civilians die before?"

"During the war..." he stopped talking when Celestia's horn started glowing. Soon a scroll appeared.

"Hey is that from Egghead?" Dash asked Celestia.

"Yes. She is our counterpart of Moonstone." Celestia started reading it. Suddenly she dropped it with a gasp.

"What is it sister?," Luna asked.

Celestia read the scroll out loud.

"Dear Princess Celestia. I have some extremely important and dire news. Through an informant we have just discovered the Legion of Discord is getting ready to try out a superweapon called the Ray of Chaos. Apparently they have been working on it for months, and have managed to keep it tightly under wraps."

Everypony started talking amongst themselves until Celestia spoke again.

"Details are sketchy but it appears to be something like a transmitter that Discord himself will connect to to amplify his power. A beam will shoot from it up to a satellite once owned by the Griffin Empire that has been re-purposed. It will reflect Discord's power over a huge area at whatever country it's pointed at. This weapon poses a threat not only to Equestria, but the entire world."

"We have located the base that houses it. It's built under a mountain Southwest of Los Alicornes in Gracemareia. It is highly fortified and may only be accessible from underground. We must focus all of our resources towards destroying the site. It is scheduled to be operational by midnight as the satellite approaches it from the Northeast."

The room fell silent until Luna spoke.

"We must destroy it together."

"Yes. If this base is that fortified Discord will have all of his best defenses guarding it," replied Moonstone.

"Let's get a feed going to Twilight," Celestia said. 15 minutes later the feed was set up, and Twilight appeared on the video screen, and the planning started.

"So what about this base? This is the first I've heard of it," asked Shining Armor.

"We don't know much about it except from recon photos. There are two large openings on each side of the mountain, each 15 miles from the center. There are train tracks running into both ends. We are in the process of getting more info from our contact."

"That could be a death trap for troops," replied Lightning.

"So what do we do?" Rarity asked.

"Let me see if I can pull up something," replied Microchip, who was still gathering data from the LoD laptop Glory brought back. He had managed to access the LoD's network. In the meantime Twilight had put up a recon image of the top of the mountain.

The crowd conversed loudly about what to do until Maverick spoke up.

"I know all about that base."

Everyone looked at Maverick.

"I was with the Crystal Empire Air Force for 7 years before Discord took over. The base was a response to the war we had with the Griffins. Our plan was to create an entire underground base and city and that would be safe from any and all attacks. The tunnels are big enough for the largest helicopters and our C-130 transports to fly into. It is possible for a plane to go in one end, land, then exit out of the other so turning wasn't necessary."

"So what about the interior?" Twilight asked.

"There are no defensive weapons inside unless the LoD has added them. Instead there is a series of large steel doors that close to keep intruders out. They are controlled from small facilities at the openings of both tunnels. The place gets it's power from a pair of reactors which are located close to the entrances to the main room. Should something happen to the reactors, the doors will close automatically."

The group was stunned.

"What is the stuff located at the top of the mountain?" Twilight asked.

"that thing on the right is a direct entrance to the main part of the facility. Those large doors wern't there before though. If they have added a weapon that might be where it shoots from."

"I am so glad you joined us," Moonstone said to him.

Then someone handed Twilight some papers which she looked at for a bit.

"OK we've got some more info. Maverick you're right. Except they have built the control centers for the weapon next to each reactor."

"If those and the reactors are destroyed it would kill his weapon and cause an overload that will make the reactors go critical. The place was designed so if the reactors overloaded or were damaged for any reason, the doors would close to prevent any radiation from leaking out. When it happens, the only way out of the main room is the entrance at the top."

"So what you're all saying amounts to, two pilots have to go inside each end and destroy the controls, then fly out the other side?" asked Dash.

"Yes. And it must be done at exactly the same time. If you don't one set of doors will close early, which means somepony will die."

Then the big question came up.

"So who is going to do it?," Starshine asked.

"I will.," replied Maverick.

"So will I," Whiteblaze announced.

"Guys are you sure?" Glory asked.

"Yes. I know the ins and outs of that place, and the two of us can utilize our plane's mobilities to theirs fullest," he replied.

"But we will need all of you for cover and take out whatever forces Discord throws at us." added Blaze.

"We also need ground forces to seize control of the door control centers," added Twilight.

"You've got my squadron's support," yelled Dash.

"Same here," replied Fluttershy.

"Us also," added Shining Armor and Lightning.

Soon every branch of the military on both sides were agreeing to it. Then Rarity brought something up.

"But how do we get the other forces on both sides to agree? We haven't even publicly announced the cease fire yet. And you know how much distrust is still among both sides."

"Then we must arrange something imeadiately," replied Celestia.

"Since we're near Applewood we can get a film crew here in maybe 30 minutes," Luna said.

"Do it. They have to see us side by side announcing the cease fire and our plans for Discord."

"Very good," Twilight Replied. "Shining Armor, Lightning, Roseluck, we need you to get some battalions together and get them to the control centers for the doors".

"Already doing it," Armor replied. "We still have forces near the LoD border."

"Same here," replied Lightning.

"I will get our fleet of Ospreys and heavy lift choppers heading to where our forces are at," added Roseluck.

"Larkspur and Kimono. What can your forces do?"

"We will get as many planes airborne as possible and arrange a massive cruise missile strike from the Pacific, Sea Demon, and all other missile ready ships in range," Larkspur replied.

"Same here with the missiles," replied Kimono.

"OK Air Forces. That leaves you".

"How many more squadrons we can get depends on how fast we can get the ponies to trust each other again," replied Wigwam.

"Alright then. Let's get it done everypony!" The room erupted with cheers and the brass started getting on their phones.


___________________


Underground base
Southwest of Los Alicornes, Gracemareia
15:02 hours


"The tests are complete your highness. You can relax for a bit now," replied the project head.

"Aww. Just when that chair was getting comfy," replied Discord.

His 2inC showed up.

"Your highness. Something is going on between the Republic and Empire."

"Like what?"

"We're picking up unusual radio traffic which seems to indicate both sides are planning a massive attack."

"On each other?" the project head replied.

"We're not sure," he replied.

"Hmmmm." Discord thought about it.

"Get every last warplane we have here and try to scrape up some mobile defenses also."

"Yes your highness."


________________

Whitemare AFB
17:38 hours.


Meanwhile back at Whitemare, Lightning and Shining Armor had left to meet up with their armies, and the pilots of all of the squadrons were getting ready. Maverick and Blaze's planes had each been loaded with air to air missiles and 2 of the largest air to ground missiles the Terminator and Nosferatu could carry. A few more NLRAF squadrons had shown up also.

"You guys are all set", the ground crewpony said to them.

"Alright," replied Maverick.

"You ready for this colt?" Blaze asked.

"Absolutely."

"I can't decide who I want to cover," piped Glory.

"Neither of us. It would be too dangerous for more than one plane to fly into the tunnels" replied Maverick.

"But..."

"He's right Glory. Just keep watch over one of us until we enter the tunnel."

"OK."

Meanwhile Fluttershy was talking to Dash next to her plane.

"Dash. Do you think they can pull this off?"

"I've seen Maverick's flying skills. Few pilots I've known can make a plane move like he can."

"So what are we going to do?"

"We've got to counter any threats to them, the other planes, and we've got to watch out for each other."

"Um.. Dash. Could you watch out for me?"

Dash didn't know what to say.

"You know we have to watch over our wingponies first. But if the worse happens, you know the bearers of the Elements stick together til' the end, and I'll be there."

Fluttershy welled up before squeeing and hugging Dash.

Unbeknownst to them; a colt had captured the moment with a camera. It wasn't long before the picture was in the hooves of Luna and Celestia.


40 minutes later all of the aircraft were ready. Lunar took off first, followed by Dash and Fluttershy's squadrons, and the Eagle and Razor squadrons. They were soon joined again by the Blazeghost, Nightstalker, and Ocelot squadrons, which had spent the night at Appleloosa Air Force Base.

"Sentry 2 to all planes. We are designating Lunar 1 as the leader of the attack."

"Roger. Lead us to victory Ace of Spades," Dash said.

Maverick couldn't believe Dash knew about his nickname.

"How did you find out about that?"

"I won't say who but somepony was spreading it around," she replied.

Back on the ground, the cameras had been set up, and the princesses were ready for their speech.

"We're live in 3-2-1."

News stations in both the Empire and Republic interrupted their broadcasts with the feed. The citizens saw Luna and Celestia standing together for the first time in years.

Celestia started the speech.

"Citizens of Equestria. For nearly a year the country has suffered from the war between us and the Republic. I stand here now with my sister to say, as of now, the war between the Solar Empire and New Lunar Republic is over. We are ending the hostilities between us."

Then Luna spoke.

"You are no doubt wondering why this has happened. Yesterday our Air Force uncovered evidence showing the distrust between us was all the work of Discord. He planned it all, including the bombings of civilians using the two planes you see behind us. They are painted for the Republic and Empire, but belong to the Legion of Discord."

The two took turns talking.

"Discord had us fighting each other to make it easier for him to take over Equestria. We may have stopped now, but we are on the verge of losing the war. Discord has made a superweapon called the Ray of Chaos that he is planning on unleashing as early as midnight tonight. This weapon, if used, will cause the end of Equestria as we know it, and can be used on the rest of the world also."

"To the militaries of both sides: We know your hatred and distrust for each other still exists, but we are asking you to forget about all of it. As we speak, a joint force of Empire and Republic aircraft and troops are heading to the Crystal Empire to attack and destroy the base housing this weapon. But their numbers are small compared to Discord's. We need the rest of you to put your distrust aside," and the picture of Fluttershy and Dash hugging, in the flight suits of both nations, appeared on the screen.
"Like these ponies have done, and join them in the fight to protect Equestria, and defeat Discord."

The picture returned to them.

"The time is now," Celestia said. And the broadcast ended.

The group was approaching Ghastly Gorge when they heard a call on the radio.

Lunar lead this is the 17th Tac' fighter squadron, we're coming up on your right." They looked and saw the MiG-29's of the Warpony squadron form up beside them.

"Roger 17th. Welcome to the party," Maverick replied.

Soon there was another call.

"This is Thunderbolt squadron. We're coming up too." The 7 big FA-29 Thunderhoofs appeared on the left side of Dash's squadron.

And another.

"This is the Shadowbolts. We're coming up on your six." The purple and gray SU-47's positioned themselves behind Fluttershy's squadron.

All Maverick and the others could do was smile and acknowledge their arrivals.

Near Everfree Air Force Base more joined.

"This is SEAF squadrons VF-13 and VA-6. We want in on this." The 5 SU-30's and 4 Tornadoes formed up.

"This is the Black Diamonds. We're coming too."

"This is the 33rd Tac' fighter squadron reporting for duty."

"Dragonrider squadron reporting for duty."

And they just kept coming the further North they flew.

"Firebird squadron here. Are you in there Dash?"

"Yep. Good to see you guys", Dash replied.

"Hey Maverick. It's Geoffrey. My ship happened to be with the Sea Demon when we got the word. I Flew over there and volunteered to go. There's no way I was missing this. I've brought the Demon's two squadrons plus the 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, and 10th Navy ones. We've brought some jammers too." The assortment of Navy planes found their spots. "And as we speak, our ships and some Empire ones are launching a swarm of cruise missiles to soften up the defenses around the target."

Out in the ocean 50 miles East of Manehattan, 21 ships and subs from both navies launched missile after missile towards the Crystal Empire. The targets were anti aircraft sites and radars.

"This is the Razgriz. We're coming up from your left." The assorted fighters of the 15th TFS took up position.

"This is the Great and Powerful Trixie of the 1st Special Fighter Squadron. I will not let Discord destroy my country. I have also brought the 4th, 9th, and 10th special squadrons with me".

"Sunfire. Do you believe this?", Dahlia asked.

"It hurt when I hit myself so I'm not dreaming."

They were now in the Solar Empire's airspace.

"SEAF squadrons VF-23, VF-14, and VA-5. We're joining up." The Typhoons, Mirage 2000's and Jaguars fell in behind the rest.

"This is the Wonderbolts. We have arrived." The blue and yellow F-2's pulled up alongside the Shadowbolts.

"Hey Maverick. How does it feel to be commanding 3 air forces?" Ice asked. He couldn't say anything.

"Dash, we're gonna win aren't we?" Fluttershy asked with glassy eyes.

"Yes we are," she replied.

Glory looked back. She could see light from the setting sun glistening off of dozens and dozens of canopies as far as she could see, with more appearing.

"It's like a bunch of diamonds glistening in the sky," she thought.

Discord and his helper were going over a few things when a Griffin barged into the room.

"Your highness! We have a problem!"

"Like what?" Discord replied, drinking some chocolate milk.

"Air command is picking up over 200 aircraft entering our airspace from the South!"

"Discord spit his milk out. "WHAT? How... Who..."

"Early reports indicate the flight is made up of both Empire and Republic planes, and on their current course they will be coming here!"

"OK we've got to do this now. Get me strapped in, and point the transmitter as low as it can be aimed. As soon as the satellite is within range fire it. And get every aircraft and mobile anti aircraft weapon we have here!"

"Yes your highness!"

___________________


Near Prairie City, Crystal Empire

19:15 hours.


The group was passing Prairie City when Sentry came on.

"Sentry 2 to all planes: The bandits are wall to wall and tree top tall ahead. I'm having trouble counting them but it's well over a hundred."

"That's not gonna' matter!" Yelled Rainbow Dash.

"Let them throw their entire air force at us!" Replied Geoffrey."

"We aren't backing down!" said Fluttershy.

"We're sending him to hell where he belongs!" Shouted Sunfire.

Soon the radio was buzzing with pilots agreeing. Maverick only had one thing to say.

"Lunar One to all planes. ENGAGE!"

"YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!" Was the only thing heard over the radio as the squadrons began breaking off from the formation.

"Legion of Discord pilots. Do your best! Fight them til' the end!" One member of the enemy said to the others.

The skies Southwest of Los Alicornes near the target were in complete chaos. In what was later called the largest furball in the history of the world, planes from the two sides engaged each other. Missile trails and explosions lit up the night sky.In the first missile exchange the Morgans of the Blazeghost squadron fired their burst missiles, destroying 19 planes in one shot. At the same time the Thunderhoofs' fired their storm cannons, taking out 12 more. In just that opening salvo alone the LoD lost 32 planes. The allies only lost 4. Trixie's squadron launched a second barrage that took out 5 more. 10 minutes into the fight the score was already 7-47 in favor of the allies.

"This isn't looking good," one LoD commander said over the radio.

Lunar squadron then got it's first kills with Maverick, Glory, and Sunfire each getting one. Blaze got two, then Dahlia and Ice shot a couple of J-10's off of the tail of an Empire Typhoon.

Fluttershy was engaging a Flanker when two SU-35's got on her tail.

"I need some help!" she said over the radio. Soon Derpy and two members of Fluttershy's squadron were behind them and drove them off. She banked around and suddenly had a 3rd on her tail and got a lock warning. Before the Lod pilot could fire his plane exploded. Rainbow Dash and Nightshadow had dropped behind them, and Dash got him.

"Told you I'd be there," she said.

"Thanks dash," replied Fluttershy with glassy eyes.

25 minutes later the score was 16-79 and climbing. The furball was getting closer and closer to the underground base, and attack aircraft started bombing the various defenses and other targets around it that hadn't been taken out in the cruise missile strikes. Fighters gave them cover. Though more LoD aircraft were showing up, even more NLR and SE ones were also, and they continued to be outnumbered.

"Sentry Two this is the strike force. We are entering the area. Keep us covered," Shining Armor said.

"Roger, you heard him pilots," she replied. Soon they had 5 squadrons protecting them.

"I've never felt a rush like this before," Sunfire said as she shot down a Flanker.

Meanwhile Discord was once again strapped into the chair and being hooked up as he asked his 2inC for an update.

"What's it like up there?" he asked the Minotaur.

"Not good. All of our defenses have been wiped out, and we've lost close to 90 planes," he replied.

"Where's the satellite?" he asked the project head.

"It's getting close. About 30 more minutes," he replied. "There's no way they can get in here. We have all of the doors closed."

"Good. Do what you can to delay them," he replied.

The Army and Marines had arrived at the base, and soon they were filing out of the choppers and Ospreys towards the control buildings.

"Strike Force to Lunar Squadron. We are working on getting the control buildings secured. Stay close and be ready to fly in."

"Roger Lightning," Maverick replied.

The score was now 23-117 when Derpy found herself in trouble.

"I'm out of flares and I can't get these two off of me!"

Both of the LoD planes fired, but an Empire plane dived down behind her and took the hits. Soon the Wonderbolts sextuple teamed the two bandits.

"Thanks Spitfire. Did that pilot get out?,"

"Yes. And no problem Derpster," she replied.

Lunar Squadron had split into two teams. Maverick, Glory, and Sunfire were near the South end, and Blaze, Ice, and Dahlia at the other. The two were waiting for the signal to go in, shooting down any LoD planes that got close.

"I wish we had some of those ADMM's. Imagine what you could've done with them Maverick," Glory said.

"I wouldn't use them in an environment like this. Too high of a chance for a friendly fire incident," he replied.

On the ground the strike force had defeated the last of the guards, and had control of the doors.

"Let's get them open!" Armor yelled. After a couple of minutes of figuring it out, they started opening them

"What's going on?" Discord asked the project head.

"AAAH! They've gained control of the doors. They're opening them!" he yelled.

"Can't you stop them?"

"Not from here! The satellite is 6 minutes away though, there's no way they can make it here," he replied.

"Maverick we've got them open. Get in there!" Lightning yelled over the radio.

"Good luck guys," Glory said.

"OK Blaze are you ready?" Maverick asked.

"Yes. Let's do it Ace of Spades!" And they dived down and flew in. Unfortunately both had enemy planes fly in behind them. Maverick's tail was a J-10 and Blaze a pair of Mirages.

"Damn they're idiots!" Blaze said. Soon Maverick had to drop a flare to avoid a missile.

"I'm not an idiot. I'm just good."

"DAMMIT NIGHTSHADE!" Maverick yelled.

"Fancy flying isn't going to help you here Spade. I've got you."

"We'll see about that," he replied, and he increased the throttle.

"I've sped up 5 percent Blaze."

"Roger, I have too." Soon both had cleared the first rooms and were now 8 miles from the main one. Maverick and Blaze jinked around as much as they could to avoid missiles and bullets, all the while avoiding the occasional crane or lift.

"Do you even care about what this weapon will do to Equestria Nightshade?" Maverick asked.

"No why should I? It's not my country," she replied.

"So you don't give a fuck about anything but revenge then right?"

"No I care about my country, which you're attacking right now," she said as she fired another missile.

"I give up. You're head is filled with more shit than a politicians," he replied.

"Maverick switch to Winchester backup," Blaze said. And they switched to a secure radio channel.

"When we pass in the tunnel between the two rooms, let's shoot them off each other."

"Got it Blaze," he replied.

"Satellite will be in position in 2 minutes," the project head said.

"Don't open the transmitter doors until the last second," replied Discord.

They were now in the final 2 mile stretch of tunnel. Both of them had their missiles ready, and Maverick was down to two flares.

"It's over Spade," and Nightshade fired her last missile.

"You're right. It is. NOW BLAZE!," he replied as he reached the mouth of the main room. He dropped the flares and fired both of the air to ground missiles at the targets, then jinked right. Nightshade's missile missed and hit the reactor along with his two. Blaze's connected also.
The resulting explosion and overload sent a huge pulse of electricity down the conductor to the chair and nerve center, electrocuting Discord, and stunning him like a taser. Soon equipment around them was exploding. His helpers got him out of the chair and headed for the elevator to the surface. But when they tried operating it, it didn't work.

"What's wrong?" The Minotaur yelled.

"It's not working!" replied the project leader. Unbeknownst to them, Cloud Dancer of the Razgriz had dropped a couple of bunker busters on the elevator head house, and the door covering the transmitter. Other squadrons with bombs also started dropping whatever they had on it also.

"Confound those ponies," Discord said. Soon the reactors exploded, leveling the control room and sealing his fate.

While this was going on, Maverick and Blaze were approaching each other in the final tunnel.

"Get ready to pass Spade," Blaze said. He started counting.

"3-2-1- NOW!" Both of them turned sideways, doing a knife edge pass and firing their guns. All three of the LoD planes got hit. Maverick was no longer getting lock warnings from Nightshade.

"Did you get her Blaze?"

"Yes I did," he replied. Maverick didn't dare look back as one slight move could put him in the wall.

"Oh and watch out. There's a couple of overhead cranes at the other end,"

"Roger, he replied. The final door were already a third of the way shut when Maverick reached it. He barely squeaked by it, then dived under the cranes and flew out of the entrance. Blaze got out also. Both turned and watched the mountain shake from the explosion and fire come out of both ends.

"THEY DID IT!" yelled Glory. The radio erupted with cheers from both the air and the ground.

"HELL YEAH! BEST RAID EVER!" Yelled Dash.

"YAHOO!" Fluttershy shouted.

"Sentry Two to all units: The Ray of Chaos and Discord have been destroyed. OUTSTANDING JOB MAVERICK AND BLAZE!"

"Our pleasure, replied Blaze." Maverick's mood was a little more somber.

"Why did you have to do that Nightshade?" he said to himself.

Back at Whitemare the princesses got the word.

"It's over sis," Luna said.

"Yes. And we have your pilots to thank for it," replied Celestia.

"I will deck them out with every medal I have when they get back," added Wigwam.

"We all will," replied Luna.

Meanwhile the squadron had formed back up. They flew over the ground troops, and could see them cheering and waving at them. Squadron leaders were pulling up alongside to wave at them and congratulate them over the radio.

"You guys rock," Geoffrey said.

"I've been witness to the best flying ever," Whirlwind said.

"Are you heading back home now?" asked Nighshadow.

"Yeah. We're low on fuel and ammo," replied Maverick.

"OK. We're gonna' stay around and mop things up here. Again congrats on ending the war," he replied.

"Sentry Two to Lunar squadron. There will be a couple of tankers waiting for you at the border, and probably some kegs waiting at your base."

"God I hope so, replied Ice. "I'm ready to party!"

"All units. Join me in congratulating the Lunar squadron!" And the radio erupted with more cheers.

"I can't believe you two ended the war," Glory said.

"Not just us two. We all did," replied Whiteblaze.

"Exactly. We all played a part in this," added Maverick.

"I wish Angel had been here too," Sunfire said in a slightly down voice.

"Well Spade said ending this war would be the best way to honor her, and we did," replied Dahlia.



A while later they had finished topping off from the tankers at the Crystal Empire/Equestria/Griffin Empire tri point when they got a call on the radio.

"SEAF control to Lunar squadron do you copy?"

"Yes, go ahead," replied Maverick.

"You are being asked to divert to Mareimar Air Force Base near Canterlot."

"Really? Who wants us to go there?"

"This comes from Princess Celestia and Luna themselves. Apparently they've got one more mission for you."

"Okay. Give us a vector," he replied.

"What do you think this is about?" Glory asked.

"I don't know, but I don't like it."

"Guess we'll find out," added Blaze. And the squadron changed course and headed for Mareimar.