• Published 23rd Oct 2019
  • 575 Views, 48 Comments

I Love You - Inferno demon Dash

  • ...
5
 48
 575

For Better Or Worse (Rarity/Thunderlane)

Rarity trotted into the Nightlight bar, a rather fitting name she thought to herself, glancing around to spot the one she had hoped would be here, becoming rather frustrated that this was her third stop in Ponyville before she saw him and quickly did her best to fix her mane and coat to look much more presentable, glad that she had showered after she had questioned all of Ponyville for his whereabouts before she frowned, seeing the state he was in, knowing he looked so lost.

The bar was not busy, though some stallions and a few mares were in the far back, away from prying eyes and ears as she grimace seeing a couple getting a little to into their make out session which she ignored as she made sure to wipe her hooves from the small amounts of mud on them, thankful once again that the bar was not crowded on a Wednesday night.

As she walked closer to the front of the bar where the stallion she had searched for nearly all night sat as she sat down, next to the one she had fallen in love with, Thunderlane, the grown pegasus on his third beer as he sniffed and wiped his nose with a hoof, neither saying a word to each other before Rarity let out a deep sigh.

“Thunderlane, I swear to the gods, if you sold your wedding band to get drunk, we’re getting a divorce.” She muttered darkly as he glanced her way with a small chuckle before winking at her as she could only roll her eyes with a hint of a smile before the light humor became more serious as she glanced at the wood in front of her, all traces of playfulness gone from either of them as silence took over.

“I’m sorry.” Thunderlane whispered, his voice cracked and remorseful, the fur around his eyes matted from tears she had no doubt he had cried earlier.

“What you did, darling-”

“Cost me my chance to be a Wonderbolt. I trained so hard and didn’t complain, I...I didn’t know it would mean I would get banned.” He hissed as he lifted up the bottle and took another sip, placing it back down with a small groan.

“I can understand if you’re disappointed in me, if you lost all respect for me and would rather not want anything to do with me after the shit I-”

“I’d be a rather poor wife if I threw in the towel for our marriage just because my husband got fired from a job. Even if what you did was....disrespectful, Thunderlane.” Rarity interrupted, her voice patient and calm, with a hint of teasing.

“You want a family, Rare. And when we found out that I was shooting blanks, I took it out on Soarin. Going to jail while drunk and having you bail me out, not to mention getting kicked out of the Wonderbolts for my rage...I bucked up your image, your reputation. I ruined our chance at a better life-”

“Just because you can no longer be a Wonderbolt, does not mean our lives are going down the toilet, dear. We still have my businesses in Ponyville, Manehattan and Canterlot. Plus we already talked about starting up another shop in Yakyakistan, remember? We are not going to be homeless.” She spoke confidently and firmly as she placed a hoof on his shoulder and gave him a small smile.

“And if we were?” He asked bitterly as she bit her bottom for a second before giving a loud sigh.

“Then we could always move in with my parents, I’m sure they won’t mind until we got back on our hooves.” She whispered as she leaned her head on his right shoulder and used her magic to bring the bottle to her lips, she never cared much for beer, normally preferring wine as she always wanted the finer things in life but for once, she didn’t care.

Placing it back in front of him, she watched him out of the corner of her eye as he ran his hooves through his mane, an angry grunt escaping his muzzle before he reached his right hoof forward and grabbing the bottle, took another drink.

“I don’t deserve you.” He whispered softly as she gave a small smile, lifting her head up to kiss his cheek.

“You say that a lot, Thunder. We’ve been married for two years now. I’m not going anywhere, my love and-”

I can’t give you kids!” He screamed as he slammed his front hooves onto the bar table in front of him with rage, Rarity giving the bartender who looked their way an embarrassed grin before she turned back to her husband and used her left front hoof to have him look at her in the eyes.

“No, not biologically, anyway. But we can always adopt. Thunderlane I didn’t fall in love with you just because you saved my life like in the romance novels you know I love, or because of your dashing good looks. I fell in love with you because you out of all the stallions who wanted to court me looked beyond my physical appearance and saw a mare that needed to be told she’s strong, loved and worth it. Good or bad days. This is a minor set back, my dear. We’ll figure something out.” She whispered as she leaned forward and kissed his lips.

He responded with a fire she had always loved about him before halting his advances to go any farther in pubic with a small kiss on his nose as he let out a soft whimper and turned his body around to wrap his hooves around the mare he loved with all his heart, fresh tears rolling down his face as she buried her head deeper into his neck and stroked his back with a hoof.

“We always do.” She said, so softly he didn’t even hear it, as they held each other as husband and wife and perhaps one day, as parents.

Author's Note:

First chapter, short but I like it. I'm sorry it's not edited, if anyone would like to help edit or proofread it please let me know and I'll naturally give you credit. First three chapters are going to be pairings I want to write about but feel free to put the ones you wish to read about in the comments. Hope you all like it, enjoy.