• Published 23rd Oct 2019
  • 569 Views, 48 Comments

I Love You - Inferno demon Dash

  • ...
5
 48
 569

Spread Your Wings (Rainbow Dash/Night Glider)

Rainbow Danger Dash flapped her wings harder, pushing herself to exhilarating, intense and nearly painful speeds as she gritted her teeth, her mane racing behind her along with her tail flailing in the breeze as she took a long, deep breath and with one more enormous flap of her wings, rocketed towards the finish line.

She passed it by at least a few yards, and looked behind her to see the pegasus who had challenged her to the race, Night Glider, fly with what little strength she could muster, before crossing the finish line.

Night Glider took quick deep breaths, not used to flying at such speeds. Her snow blueish-white mane was a mess, her moderate azure colored coat was heaving from the air in her lungs, her cerulean colored eyes glaring at Rainbow in rage, though her playful if not arrogant smile already told her opponent that it was nothing personal.

“Buck you, I almost had you, ‘fastest flier in Equestra’.” She mocked with a roll of her eyes as the two floated down to a cloud beneath them.

“Hey I am the fastest. Gotta admit though, you’re getting much better. In twenty years or so you might, emphasis on might, be able to beat me. But don’t get your hopes up.” Rainbow teased as she swung her hips into the mare with a smirk causing Night Glider to roll her eyes.

“For a pony, maybe. But a phoenix could still beat you in a race.” She replied as she stuck her tongue out to the mare beside her who could only scoff.

“Well duh, phoenixes are the fastest creatures in the world when they fly. Even I can’t reach their speed, not unless I do a Sonic Rainboom. When Spike told me that Peewee wanted to race, I was outmatched. AJ and Fluttershy won twenty bits when they bet against me. That part stung, but I’m glad to help the little fire bird out.” Rainbow admitted as she gave a sheepish grin and rubbed the back of her neck with a hoof.

“Can’t win them all, Dash. At least you can admit when you lose.” Night Glider said with a wink, causing Rainbow Dash to snort as she rolled her eyes.

“Buck you.” She retorted as the other pegasus had laid down and gotten comfortable, before opening one eye with a wicked grin on her face.

“I mean we can, if you want…” She trailed off as Rainbow’s face exploded in a sea of red as the Element of Loyalty didn’t meet her eyes.

“I-I didn’t mean...well we could, but I don’t think we’re far enough away from...and anyway we only been dating for two weeks so even for me-” Her stuttering was cut off as Night Glider gave a full bellied laugh, she was laughing so hard she was crying as Rainbow glared at her in anger.

“I was kidding, Rainbow Dash, gods. We agreed to take it slow, remember. I know you love going fast, but dating is different from a race, you know?” She teased as the mare could only huff, cross her forelegs and mutter words to herself that the pegasus could not hear.

“But unless you have Wonderbolt training tonight, we could go out and have some fun.” Night Glider spoke as she opened both eyes and saw Rainbow looking at her with a smile.

“Nah, I’m free. What are you thinking?” She asked as she laid down next to the mare with a yawn, placing her tail over her mate’s who smiled and slowly nuzzled her.

“I got tickets for us to go see Carriage on Fire in Canterlot tonight. Then maybe we can go grab some Hayburgers and a six pack of beer, sound good?” She suggested as Rainbow turned her head with a huge grin on her face.

“You got tickets for Carriage on Fire? Holy bucking shit, you’re the best girlfriend ever!” She screamed as she reached over with both front hooves, wrapped them around her neck and squeezed as she squealed like a filly while Night Glider laughed.

“And don’t you forget it.” She whispered into Rainbow’s right ear as she chuckled and rolled her eyes.

“Buck you.” Rainbow answered with a grin before leaning over and giving the pegasus a soft kiss as the two snuggled together, high up in the clouds and content with each other as they both peacefully fell into a deep and much needed sleep.

Author's Note:

This might be the shortest chapter I have ever written. I was going to write more but did not know where to really go with out going into a full blown story, if I ever do such. I like this pairing though.

Hope you like it, next up is a request by morion87, so this should be fun.