• Published 16th Aug 2012
  • 867 Views, 22 Comments

A Rush of Blood to the Hooves - LittleBoyBlue

  • ...
6
 22
 867

In My Place

19 days until Birthday Performance

After their first concert, they thought since that first concert was Parachutes era, it was time for the AROBTTH Era. But, before they could start, they had to ask Rarity to give them some clothes though. Soon enough, they were at Rarity's Botique. And let's just say that Guy's presence has had some effect on her...

~~~
"How is that darling?"
The four stallions stood, looking over themselves. Every one of them had their Viva La Vida attire on. Chris's Jacket, Will's tie, Guy's suit, and of course, Jonny's hat.
"It's excellent!" Will said.
"Oh good!" Rarity said. "I'm still confused as to why you chose this attire though."
"Oh, it's just some nostalgia." Jonny said, adjusting his cap.
"All right, enough talk. We've got to practice." Chris said.
"Thank you Miss Rarity."
"Oh. You're quite welcome." She said.
Before they left however, Guy remembered something.
"Wait! How are we going to practice with no acoustic, and no place to stay?"
"Oh. Right." Chris went into deep thought.
"Ummm, all of you can practice here!" Rarity said, excitingly.
"Are you sure? We wouldn't want to be a bother Miss Rarity." Will said.
"Oh, it's no problem at all! I'll even help you move your instruments!" Rarity then opened the door.
"Come on gentlecolts, let's go."

~~~

Two hours, and the piano was still stuck. And yet, Rarity refused help.
"I can handle this!" She said to Jonny, who offered assisstance. The piano barely fit through the door. Just the right wiggle wil get it in. But it was awfully heavy. Rarity was having a hard time lifting it up with her magic.
Still, she rejected help from anypony....until Guy touched her shoulder.
"Here. Let me help." He then focused with her on the area she was having difficulty with.
Rarity let him help, mostly because well, let's face it, she has a small crush on Guy.
Finally, with a big shove, the piano squeezed through.
Guy smiled at her. She smiled back. They then proceeded to bring the instruments to the basement.
Rarity was ahead, leaving the guys behind. It was then that Will spoke to Guy.
"Told you she would let YOU do it."
"So? She let ME help. Doesn't mean she has a crush on me."
"What about that smile you two shared?"
"Well....I....I was just....." Guy stared at Will sternly. Will got him at that point.
Will laughed, as they carried their instruments.

~~~

"Are you sure you want to practice with us? We don't want to impose." Jonny said to Rarity, anxiously grabbing the acoustic with her magic.
"Oh yes! I absolutely adored the music you gentlecolts played yesterday! I would enjoy it thoroughly to be a part of your ensemble!"
"Well, what do you think Will?" Jonny asked.
"Well, we DO need an acoustic."
"It's settled then!" Chris said.
"Congratulations Miss Rarity! You are now a member of Coldplay!"
"Oh Fabulous!" Rarity was excited. A chance to play in a superfamous band. A chance to show her talent. A chance...to be with the one she liked.
"Ok. Now the song we are practicing is called "In My Place". Everypony ready?"
They all nodded, even their new member Rarity.
"All right." They all set up.
"1...2...1, 2, 3, 4"
~~~