• Published 16th Aug 2012
  • 867 Views, 22 Comments

A Rush of Blood to the Hooves - LittleBoyBlue

  • ...
6
 22
 867

The Birthday Performance

The Birthday Performance

"So? What do you think Guy?"
Rarity turned around, revealing her new attire. A black shirt, with a pocket. It looked quite similar to Jonny's, yet a bit more feminine. She had the blue watch on her right hoof.

Guy gave a grin. "You look stunning. I absolutely love it."

"Thank you darling." She came closer and nuzzled him.
Chris smiled. The Royal Green Room was quite lush, and fancy.

A Royal Guard opened the door. "You are all on 30 seconds. Good luck." The door closed.

Chris closed his eyes and exhaled. He then looked up.
Jonny had just finished putting his jacket and his cap. Will grabbed his drumsticks. Rarity, leaning close to Guy. "All right. Let's do this."
~~~~~
Vinyl had been doing an opening act for them while they were in the Green Room.
The Princesses had taken their seats close to the front extension of the stage.

"I feel that this birthday will be special, Luna." Celestia said, looking at the enormous crowd around her.

"Me too! We can't wait!" The sisters then stared at the stage, as the song ended.
They listened carefully, as a fanfare started playing. Everypony was cheering loudly for the start of the concert. They all had these Coldplay bracelets, even the princesses had them on their front hooves. The fanfare was exciting the crowd, as the princesses eagerly anticipated the band's arrival.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rarity took a peek out on the stage. "Oh dear! There's more than seven out there!"

Chris stared in amusement. "Miss Rarity, you told a joke!"

Rarity giggled. "I did, didn't I?"

"Yes...." Chris got set up on the piano. "Not an original joke, but a joke nonetheless." Rarity rolled her eyes, as she grabbed her acoustic.
~~~~~~
The crowd cheered loudly, as they saw the band appear on stage, getting ready. The fanfare then ended, leaving the crowd cheering. The princesses waited in silence for the band. Then, the xylophone played, as the stage lit up. Fireworks were going off in the air, further exciting the crowd. Then, one final burst of fireworks, a colorful, pixelated shape of a pony walking was seen in the background, the song started.

"Written in graffiti on a bridge in a park,
"Do you ever get the feeling that you're missing the mark?"

It's so cold, so cold,
It's so cold, so cold.

Written up in marker on a factory sign,
"I struggle with the feeling that my life isn't mine."

It's so cold, so cold,
It's so cold, so cold.

See the arrow they shot trying tear us apart,
Took the fire from my belly and the beat from my heart.

Still I won't let go,
Still I won't let go.

You-Oooooooooooo!

Yes you do...
....
Oh you, use your heart as a weapon, and it hurts like heaven!"

Jonny then played his guitar in a short solo. The crowd was loving this new, bouncy song. Jonny's short solo ended, as Chris sang more.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The crowd cheered, as the song ended. Then, Rarity began playing her guitar. The notes were instantly recognized by the fans. Chris got up to the mic.

"One! Two! Yo! Yo!"

Jonny burst in, starting Yellow. Chris began to sing.

"Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah, they were all yellow

I came along, I wrote a song for you,
And all the things you do,
And it was called 'Yellow'

So then I took my time.
Oh what a thing to've done,
And it was all yellow

Your skin, oh yeah, your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know, you know I love you so?
You know I love you so."

Jonny played again, as the song progressed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the song, Will started beating his drums. The crowd recognized the song as In My Place. Eventually, Jonny chimed in with his chords. Chris returned to the microphone.

"In my place, in my place, were lines that I couldn't change.
I was lost, oh yeah.
I was lost, I was lost, crossed lines I shouldn't have crossed
I was lost, oh yeah."

Chris then motioned for the crowd to sing with him.

"Yeah!
How long must you wait for it?
Yeah!
How long must you pay for it?
Yeah!
How long must you wait for it? Oh for it."

Will and Jonny were stirring them up, as they continued playing to the end.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris took a seat at the piano. He played some notes to get adjusted. Then the time came to start the song. Suddenly, he began to play a familiar tune. He was already used to playing the piano with his hooves. Then, the drums kicked in, as Paradise was being performed. Chris vocalised into the mic, then sang.

"When she was just a girl, she expected the world
But it flew away from her reach, so she ran away in her sleep
And dreamed of para-para-paradise
Para-para-paradise,
Para-para-paradise,
Every time she closed her eyes."

The drums stopped, as Chris started vocalizing again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~