• Published 15th Dec 2011
  • 3,192 Views, 40 Comments

More than a Galaxy Away - Sundancer



A Miralukan finds herself in a new world as she runs from the Great Jedi Purge

  • ...
2
 40
 3,192

Awakening

Damaya grunted in pain as she slowly awakened, her vision slowly coming into focus. She looked around the room, seeing herself tucked into a small bed, and what appears to be two... small horses... in the room with her. One was asleep in the bed across the room and the other was slumped down in a chair next to her bed. Upon trying to get up she was met with an intense pain shooting through her side, causing her to involuntarily collapse back onto the bed into a coughing fit.

Fluttershy slowly opened her eyes, realizing she fell asleep. Upon waking she immediately noticed the creature awake and in pain. She quickly got out of her chair to grab a glass of water, and slowly lifted it up to the creature's mouth.

Damaya was at first surprised this creature just offered her water, but was in too much pain to question it and graciously drank the water. She slowly lowered her head back to the pillow, drifting back off to sleep.

Damaya slowly awoke, the light of the sun dancing across her face. She glanced around the room and noticed that both of the creatures that were in the room are gone, and she can hear a faint clatter downstairs. With much effort and grunting, she managed to stand up, before quickly realizing she was naked. After frantically looking around for a few seconds she found her robes folded in a near pile on the chair next to the bed. She quickly put on her robes, before realizing her lightsaber is nowhere to be found. After shuffling her way downstairs, she can now see that the winged creature was in what appeared to be a kitchen, making a meal.

“I'm not sure if we speak the same language, but I wanted to extend my gratitude for so graciously caring for me. I would most likely be dead if not for you.” Damaya said as she looks around the room for her lightsaber.

“Eep!” Fluttershy was startled by the sudden voice across the room, as she quickly cowered into a small ball on the floor, before cautiously peeking her eyes over her foreleg and seeing the creature smiling at her and taking a seat at the table.

“Forgive me, where are my manners? I am Damaya Tadro. I assure you that I mean you no harm.” Damaya assured as she grunted from the pain of sitting down.

Fluttershy quickly lifted herself back up, finishing the meal and carrying in two plates, sitting them on the table before taking a seat across from Damaya. “M-my name is... F-fluttershy...”

“Then I thank you greatly for saving my life Fluttershy, I am forever in your debt. Say... Fluttershy, have you seen a... shiny metal cylinder that was strapped to my waist when you brought me here? It means a great deal to me and I would be devastated if something happened to it.”

“O-oh yes... Twilight was examining it w-when she... accidentally sliced my other table in half. I... left it outside... because I thought it was d-dangerous... I'm so sorry... I-i didn't know that it was so special to you...”

Damaya reached out with the force, raising her hand as she lifted the hilt through an open window, strapping it to her side. “I thank you again for your help Fluttershy, but who is this Twilight? Is that the other... uhm... horse that was sleeping in the other bed last night?”

Fluttershy gets over her initial shock of seeing the hornless creature use magic, but quickly brushes her fear to the side. “Uhm... w-we're ponies... but um... y-yes, that was Twilight.”

“My apologies, where is she now?”

“O-oh... s-she went to get our other friends about an hour ago... she should be back any second now...” Fluttershy muttered as she nibbled on her sandwich.

Damaya smiles and nods as she carefully picks the sandwich up, taking an investigatory bite, before smiling wider and devouring the sandwich in 10 seconds flat. “Oh look, it seems your friends are almost here.”

“W-what how do you kn-” A knock came on the door as Fluttershy was questioning Damaya. She jumped a little, before flying over and opening the door. Almost immediately as it's opened a pony shaped blur sped through the door and was bouncing on the table in front of Damaya asking a nonstop barrage of questions.

Damaya's headache worsened as she waved her hand in front of her face. “Hush now, and stand quietly by your friends.” Oddly enough, the pony complied and silently walked back to her friends, who's jaws were now resting on the ground.

Immediately another pony flied up and got in Damaya's face. “Hey what's the big idea? What did you do to her? If you hurt her-”

“Do not fret, I merely silenced for a few minutes, as I have an intense headache. I assure you no harm was done.” Damaya gently pushed the pony out of her face as politely as she could. “I'm sure that all of you have questions for me, and I know what most of them are: 1. You are correct, I am not from around here. 2. I am indeed not a pony. I'm a species known as a Miraluka. 3. Yes, I know I have no eyes and yes, I was born without them. I suppose that about settles all of the major questions, please let me know if I missed any. My name is Damaya Tadro, as I was telling your friend Fluttershy before you all arrived.”

The pony Damaya observed as being the one sleeping in the bed last night stepped forward, clearing her throat. “How did yo- nevermind. My name is Twilight Sparkle, the one you just met was Rainbow Dash, the one you uhm... silenced was Pinkie Pie, that is Applejack, that's is Rarity, and you seem to have already met Fluttershy.” Twilight pointed at each of them in turn, each of them giving their own greeting, the one known as Rarity took the chance to step forward when her name was called.

“My my, darling, your clothes are utterly ruined. You simply must let me design you some new clothes! I would absolutely love to design clothes for an entirely different species!”

“I would be delighted, but I'm afraid I won't be doing much moving around for at least the next two days. How bad were my injuries?”

Fluttershy walked up. “W-well you had a lot of cuts and bruises... and a metal pole impaled in your side...”

“Well then, I should thank you again Fluttershy, I would not be alive without your help. I don't mean to be rude everyone, but I'm going to get some rest...” Damaya slumped her way back up into the bedroom.

“So uh Twi', do you think this here 'Damaya Tadro' is somepony to worry about?” Applejack spoke up as Damaya moved out of earshot.

“Well, she does have that strange... device, it could be a weapon. Let's keep an eye on her, I still want to know how she got here.”

“Well alrighty then, ah gotta git back to the farm. See ya later everypony!” Applejack waved off her friends as she trotted back to Sweet Apple Acres.

Eventually they all returned to their duties, leaving Fluttershy alone again in her cottage. She decided that she should continue to watch Damaya in her sleep, to make sure she was ok. She trotted upstairs quietly, expecting to sit down quietly until Damaya woke up, however Damaya wasn't asleep. She was sitting on the floor, legs crossed and arms resting on her thighs, taking deep, steady breaths. Fluttershy wasn't sure what she was doing, however her interest was piqued as Damaya started slowly lifting off of the ground, until she was levitating about 2 feet. Fluttershy noted that she seemed to be giving off a faint glow of some sort, until suddenly Damaya collapsed, her limbs splaying out as she slammed back into the ground. Fluttershy immediately flew across the room, mustering all her strength she looped her forehooves under Damaya's arms and lifted her back into the bed. Damaya's breathing seemed less raspy and all of the smaller cuts on Damaya's face were gone. Fluttershy pondered if she had used some sort of healing spell, which was confirmed when she gently removed the bandage around Damaya's abdomen to reveal a perfectly healed wound. She smiled warmly as she once again took a seat next to the bed.

A few hours later (or what felt like a few hours to Damaya at least) she awoke, greeted by the sight of the bedroom once again from the perspective of the bed. She noticed Fluttershy slumped once again in the chair next to the bed with dark bags under her eyes and an unkempt mane, almost as if she hadn't slept for days. Damaya couldn't help but smile at the immense kindness from a complete stranger as she gently lifted Fluttershy with the Force into bed. Damaya decided to take a stroll outside, pulling her hood over her head and stepping outside into the cool air of a late Winter night. She reached out with the Force, trying to determine the direction of the crash site, and walking off into the Everfree Forest, hoping she could salvage the reserve memory core in the ship's main computer (a sort of “black box” if you will) to try and determine the cause of her crash. She's was secretly hoping that it wasn't the doing of someone she had been running from for so long.

As she arrived at the crash site she could tell that something seemed off, there were hoofprints all over the crater and all of the smaller debris had been cleared. She reached out with the Force once more, making sure she was alone while also hearing the faint hum of the computer clinging on to the last bit of power from it's ruptured power pak. Once again this seemed odd to her, as the power pak had more than enough power to last for days, even when damaged. She raised a hand and concentrated, grunting as she bent the metal plating out of the way, revealing a faintly glowing sphere. She walked up and carefully pulled a small object from a port located under the sphere and placed it in one of the pouches fastened to her belt.

Her ears perked up as she could make out the faint sounds of rustling in a nearby bush, turning her gaze on it as a strange reptilian creature with the head of a... chicken... pounced out of the bush. The creature fixed it's red-eyed gaze on her, almost as if it expected something to happen. Damaya was intrigued by this odd creature, walking up to it and dropping to a knee, matching it's gaze with one of her own. She reached out with a hand and stroked the creature's scaly back. The creature, while at first surprised by it's prey's apparent lack of fear, melted into putty in her hand, a look of satisfaction spread across it's face as she stroked it's back.

“Greetings little one, I apologize for intruding upon your territory, but I required something here. I promise not to intrude again.” Damaya said as she stood back up again, and turned towards the cottage.

The creature gave her a quizzical look, but turned and eagerly dived into the wreckage, intent on turning it into it's new home.

Damaya returned to the cottage and silently slipped inside, hoping not to wake Fluttershy. She quietly slipped back into her bed, descending into her dreams.