• Published 4th Sep 2019
  • 510 Views, 5 Comments

The Wraith - Therisinghero



A vigilante of the city of newport falls is yanked from his world and into the world of colorful talking ponies...

  • ...
3
 5
 510

Knight in black shining armor

Celestia was making her way towards the event room where her sister should be done with her speech by now. Celestia really hoped that her subjects would welcome her back with open whooves. As Celestia reached the double doors something struck her as odd, there were none of her solar guards, standing at the front of the doors.

However she dismissed these thoughts thinking that maybe Luna got through her speech early and she would be encentaily walking into an empty room. That was not the case at all, not even close, as Celestia opened the door with her magic she was greeted to the sight of several ponies on the ground, each pony that was down had a dagger next to their body.

Her attention was brought to the center of the room where She saw her sister on the ground with a black being standing over her. Her blood went immediately cold as she ran towards her sister as she was about to confront the black being. However one of the elements named Rainbow Dash saw her and stopped her.

“Princess it's not what you think.” Rainbow Dash explained to her.

Celestia was about to inquire what happened, when the black being spoke up.

“Her vital signs don't look good, twilight can you do something with your magic that can tell me what that bastard hit her with?” The Being asked.

“Yes I can!” Twilight answered back, wasting no time starting up a magical scan of her body.

The Being kept touching parts of her sister, she wanted to intervene but held back and watched as her curiosity peaked.

Twilight had finished her scan, but she wasn't happy with the results.

“She was hit with a stun spell, a really nasty one!” Twilight said.

The being turned around and looked like it wanted to reply but a beeping noise stopped it.

“SHIT her pulse is dropping and she's not breathing, Twilight can you reverse the spell?” the being yelled.

Twilight tensed up, time seemed to pass at a very slow rate as she tried to think of every possibility she knew of.

The being stopped what it was doing and grabbed twilight by her shoulders and shook her out of her stupor.

“Can you do it?”

“I…. I….. I… Think so...” Twilight stuttered.
“Then do it, I believe in you!” the being said to Twilight.

That seemed to work as Twilight’s confidence began to rise and her hesitation diminished as she came up with a spell.

The being rolled Luna on her back and put both of its appendages on her and began pushing them on her chest. The being would occasionally put one of its appendages on her neck only to return to pressing on her chest.

Then the being spoke up.

“Screw it, I may go to hell for this but I don't care!” the being said stopping his actions and bringing both of his appendages to the back of its head and doing some sort of weird motion with them only to take off what was actually a mask.

This being’s skin wasn't black at all, it was a pale pinkish color and when the mask was off the being brought one of its appendages to Lunas muzzle opened her mouth and inhaled and put its mouth to Luna's and blew into it. The action made her blush a bit but she continued watching anxiously. The being continued the action again and again till Twilight announced.

“I did it, it's reversed!” Twilight stated with excitement.

The Being stopped the action he was doing prior and moved its right appendage to her neck and nodded.

“Good job Twilight, her stats are improving!” The being patted her on the back.

Just as everyone took a sigh of relief Luna started to cough as she began to wake up.
The being went to her side as she opened her eyes.


Luna as she opened her eyes had trouble seeing at first because her vision was blurry but when her vision became clear her eyes saw two faces, one that was familiar to her as one of the elements that helped her, named Twilight Sparkle. The other face was unfamiliar it was nothing like she had ever seen before.

“Princess Luna can you hear me?” the being asked her.
Luna looked at the being closely as she studied each feature of its face from its muzzle to it’s ears to its blue eyes.

“What happened to us, who are thou?” Luna asked
The being looked at her strangely for a second before answering.

“My name is The Wraith, and to answer your first question… there was a plot made against your life.” The Wraith said to her.

Luna's eyes widened to this revelation.

“I Put a stop to it though, I wasn't going to let them kill something as beautiful as you are.” the Wraith said, only to stop and realize what he just said.

“Shoot I’m sorry, I didn't mean to step over any boundaries!” the Wraith said trying to fix what he said prior.

Luna could feel her cheeks warming up a bit.

“Thank you!” Luna said.

A small cough caught both of their attentions.

Luna looked over to where the cough came from to see her sister standing there smiling.


The Wraith looked over to see an Alabaster Alicorn standing there with a smile on her face. She began to walk over towards them, as the Wraith began to help Luna back on her whooves.

“Here you go princess, easy does it!” he said helping her up.

When Luna was back on her whooves Luna and the other alicorn embraced each other.

“Oh Luna when I walked in and saw you on the ground assumed the worst but thank faust you’re Alright!”

When both alicorns had finished embracing each other. The alabaster alicorn looked at The Wraith..

“If it hadn't been for you I would have lost my sister again, thank you!” she said.

“No thanks necessary, I was only doing my job!” The Wraith replied.

“Your being too modest, you went above and beyond to save my sister and for that you should be rewarded!”

The Wraith broke eye contact from the alicorn and scratched the back of his head for a moment.
This is a new feeling… he thought as the flattery was starting to get to him.

“You don't have to do that you know…” The Wraith said trying to back pedal.

“Nonsense.” she stated.

The Wraith looked into her eyes and could see the metaphorical gears turning in her head.

“I have noticed you haven't said my name once, so I can only assume that you do not know it, allow me to introduce myself, I am Princess Celestia.”

“It’s an honor to meet you Princess, it really is.” he said giving a generous bow to her.

He could have said more but a noise interrupted the conversation, that noise being his stomach rumbling. A feeling of embarrassment washed over him while the princess smiled.

“I believe I have found your reward; come, we will all get ourselves something to eat.” Celestia motioned for them to follow. Some guards came in soon after, Celestia looked like she was filling them in on what happened and they went to work arresting the cult members and hauling them out. Luna approached the Wraith again before they all left to go get a bite.

“Thank you for saving us!” Luna said.

The Wraith waived his right hand nonchalantly

“It's no problem your highness, like I said to your sister you don't have to thank me.” The Wraith said modestly trying to brush it off.

However, he was caught by surprise when Luna gave him a peck on his forehead. His eyes went wide and he felt his cheeks getting a little too warm for comfort. He also could feel the girls stares from behind him, he turned around and he could see all but one of them giving him that look that screamed “way to go!”

“What are you looking at?” the Wraith said trying to keep hold of what little pride he had left.

“Nice going, stud!” said Rainbow Dash giving him a nudge on the shoulder.

“I have no Idea what you’re talking about...” The Wraith said after picking up his mask as he started following after Luna and Celestia.


The walk towards the dining area went about as well as you think it could. The girls walked around The Wraith asking him question after question.

“So what were all those fancy moves yall were doing?” Apple Jack inquired.

The Wraith smiled and replied with.

“Some basic combat, though since I was fighting quadrupeds I had to improvise a few moves while still making them effective.” The Wraith explained.

“Your smarter than I thought you were when we first met.” Twilight said not realising the opening she gave the Wraith, which was too good to pass up.

“Thanks for calling me an idiot Twilight!” the Wraith said smiling.

“Wait I didn't mean…”

“I’m kidding!”

A few of the girls chuckled at this but Twilight didn't hold it against him since she knew it was all in good fun.

“Yes I am smart, kinda have to be given the job.”


“What I wanna know is how did you get here so quickly, we all know you didn't take the train!” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I flew here.” the Wraith said nonchalantly.

Rainbow chuckled thinking he was joking.

“Yeah right, I don't see any wings” Rainbow nudged him.

“I do have wings, they’re outside, though I don't expect you to find them.” the Wraith said.

Rainbow looked to Apple Jack who simply said.

“He ain't lying.”

All of them reached the dining area and took their respective seats. Though the questions still continued after all of them got comfortable.

One question that was asked, he did not expect to hear coming from Fluttershy.

“Um I want to know if um, you have a um….. Marefriend?” Fluttershy asked as polite as she could.

The Wraith sighed.

That must be this world’s equivalent to girlfriend. He thought to himself

“No I do not, nor have I ever had one.” the Wraith said.

All the girls including the princesses seemed to get something out of this question.

“I know all of you have a lot more to ask me but why don’t we save them for later.”

It wasn't long before some ponies came around and started giving out menus, though the Wraith had some difficulty getting his menu due to the mare that was holding it in her magic was frozen in place at the sight of him. The Wraith took a deep breath and then sighed as he approached the mare in a calm state. He went down on his knees and looked her in the eye.

“Do not be afraid, I mean you no harm at all, I am just her for a friendly dinner with the princesses and these girls. Look I know I may look scary on the outside but if you get to know me I am a very nice guy. My name is the Wraith and you are?”

“Ro... Ro... Rose Bud” she answered.

“That is a very beautiful name from a very beautiful flower.” The Wraith complemented.

This seemed to work as her unease diminished and she began to smile.

“You really think so?” Rose asked.

“I know so.” the Wraith replied.

The Wraith brought out his hand to shake.

“Friends?” he asked.

Rose Bud looked at his appendage strangely before remembering that the griffons did a similar gesture called a tallon shake, Rose Bud assumed this was the case here. She said moving her front right hoof to shake.

“Friends.” she said, returning the gesture.

“Can I have that Menu now?” the Wraith asked nonchalantly.
Rose Bud realized that she was still holding the menu in her magic and floated it over to him.

“Thank you!”

Rose Bud left the room after that. The Wraith went back to his seat only to see all of them looking at him.

“What?” He announced.

Princess Celestia smiled and said.

“You handled that quite well.”

“Well yeah, I can't blame her for being afraid of me, so I had to get on her level and tell her she has nothing to fear.” The Wraith replied.

The Wraith then opened his menu only to see something he didn't recognize, until he remembered that everything was in latin not english.

Looking over the menu he saw several items of interest, however while looking each item over he noticed the items with fancy words either had grass as a main ingredient or hay, none of which he knew would agree with him.

There were some options for meat such as fish but he didn't want to upset them by doing that, so he came up with a generic order in his head and hoped for the best. When it was time for everyone’s order to be taken Princess Celestia went first, by ordering the summer sun salad.

Princess Luna went next by ordering, a dark chocolate cheesecake. Twilight went next and ordered a hayburger. Pinkie went next and asked for a sundae. Rarity ordered some sort of fancy sounding salad with balsamic dressing.

Applejack ordered a harvest salad with apples and almonds. Fluttershy kept it simple and ordered a regular garden salad. Rainbow Dash Ordered a hayburger but instead of pickles she asked if they could substitute jalapeno instead. Then It was The Wraiths turn.

“Excuse me sir, what would you like to order?” asked the waiter pony.

“Hmm, after looking over the menu I think I will settle for a big bowl of french fries.” the Wraith said, though the moment he said that the whole room turned quiet. He put down his menu and he could see not only the waiter was giving him a questionable look but so was everyone else.

Rainbow Dash spoke up.

“What the hay is french fries,do you mean hay fries?”

The Wraith was stunned that this was not a thing here but nonetheless he sighed and asked.

“Do any of you know what a Potato is?”

All of them nodded.

“French fries are slices of potato fried in oil and topped with certain spices.”

All of them seemed to understand now.

“I may need to reconfigure my order since none of you knew what I was talking about at first glance. It's possible that other things that go good with fries may not exist here also, so I may have to do cheese fries then…” again this resulted in him being stared at again so he put his right hand to his face.

“You know what, why don't you lead me to the kitchen so I can show you how it's done.”

The waiter pony seemed hesitant at first but allowed the Wraith to follow him to the kitchen.
When they arrived the cooking staff were alarmed at his presence there, but he assured them as well as the waiter that there was nothing to be alarmed about.

“Is there any potatoes in this kitchen?” he asked

One of the cooks nodded and brought over a sack of them.

“We hardly even use these except when griffins are visiting, they like their potatoes baked.” the pony cook explained.

“Alright then I’m going to need a few things followed by some help on a few steps.” he announced to the staff.

Two chefs that were curious in what he was planning stepped forward. The first was a lime green unicorn stallion and the other was a brown reddish unicorn mare.

“Good I have two volunteers, what are your names?” he Inquired.

The lime green stallion spoke first.

“I am chef Oregano”

Then the brown reddish mare spoke.

“I am chef Paprika”

That's a very interesting combination, I may have to try that sometime… he mused.
“Ok first up let's pull out six potatoes and place them on a flat surface.”

Paprika and oregano each brought out three potatoes and placed them on a table.

“Next we need something to cut them into thin slices.”

However they were stumped as to how they could do that.

“Could we use a knife?” oregano asked.

“No, a knife would take too long.” The Wraith replied.

It was then that he got an idea.

“Do any of you have paper around?” he asked

Paprika used her magic and gave him a notepad and feather pen. The Wraith then drew a six by six grid on the notepad and ripped the paper from the pad and showed it to paprika and oregano. He then motioned on how it would be used to cut the potato.

“Oh, I can do that.” exclaimed Paprika.

She closed her eyes and her magic began to glow and before their eyes a six by six structure was visible to both of them as paprika opened her eyes.

“Like this?” she asked.

“Just like that.” the Wraith assured.

“Oregano, I'm gonna need you to use your magic to hold those potatoes straight up as Paprika slices them one by one.” The Wraith asked.

Oregano did as he was told as paprika sliced the potatoes. Once they were long thin slices the Wraith looked around when a familiar sight greeted his eyes, it was a fryer.

“What's this used for?” he pointed at the machine, he knew what it was in his eyes but he had to be sure.

“Making hay fries” Oregano answered.

“That will do for frying the potatoes” he said.

“Paprika could you put these fries in that fryer over there and cook them for about five minutes shaking them every now and then?” The Wraith asked.

“Sure.” she said.

“Ok oregano while she is doing that were going to need a medium bowl with a lid, some salt, pepper, garlic powder, a stick of butter, flour, milk, and a medium block of cheese.” the Wraith listed off.

Oregano used his magic and brought out a medium mixing bowl with a lid attached, vials of salt pepper and garlic powder, going through the pantry he pulled out the flour butter and milk.

“What kind of cheese?”Oregano inquired.

“Do you have cheddar?” the Wraith asked.

“Yes.” oregano replied.

“That will do just fine.” The Wraith said.

The Wraith grabbed a medium pot and placed it on the stove across from him and set the stove between medium and high.

“Ok oregano here is what I need you to do, put about a cup of butter into that pot when the butter melts. Put about a tablespoon of flour into the melted butter then poor about three cups of milk into it. Then stir it for three minutes until its thick then add the medium slab of cheddar into it. Then stir it for another three minutes till the mixture has the consistency of a sauce.” the Wraith explained.

The Wraith while oregano and paprika were busy grabbed the medium mixing bowl and poured the salt, pepper, and garlic powder Into the mixing bowl where it was enough to fill the bottom of the bowl. It was at that time that paprika had finished frying the fries, the Wraith motioned for her to pour the contents into the bowl he was holding. When paprika finished poring the fries into the bowl. The Wraith put a lid on the bowl and shook it around for a bit until he was sure that it was mixed correctly. It was then that oregano had finished the cheese sauce but before he could pour it in the Wraith stopped him.

“Ok this is the last thing I’m going to ask, I am going to give both of you a fry each but that fry is going to be split in half one half to show what the fry tastes like with the spices alone and the other with the cheese sauce draped over.” So he pulled two fries from the mixing bowl and split them in half. He then handed each of them the plain fry side which both of them seemed to enjoy.

“That's not half bad.” Paprika exclaimed.

“Yeah, I wasn't expecting much but this is pretty good” Oregano said.

Then the Wraith dipped the other two fries into the cheese sauce and handed it to them. They liked it even more.

“I’m glad both of you like it, you can keep the recipe that I gave you since it's not that big of a deal and its not hard to make.” the Wraith said to the both of them.

He poured the remainder of the fries into a decent sized bowl and pour the cheese sauce over top.

He could also see that the orders that the princesses and the girls made were ready as well so he decided to walk out with them.


5 minutes earlier.

After the Wraith left the dining room Celestia decided to ask the girls a few questions of her own.

“Girls, I would like to ask all of you what transpired when my sister was giving her speech.”

Twilight started off.

“Well before we arrived Wraith told us to not go at all. All he told us was something bad would happen, he also told me to tell you he was allergic to punch, which I am sure you got the message.”

Rarity picked up where Twilight left off.

“When we all arrived all of us were wondering what it was that Wraith was warning us about.”

Pinkie Pie followed up after Rarity.

“Yeah and three meanie bo beanie stallions came by and sat in front of us. We didn't think much of it at first.”

Apple Jack went next.

“Then some stallion walked up to the podium where princess Luna was at and said something about this clan called the lunar eclipse but then took a bold step and said yer reign as princess ends here. That stallion calling himself head master stood there for a moment while nuthin happened then said he had to do it himself.”

Rarity spoke up again.

Princess Luna was trying to get the two solar guards at the front door to remove him. However they just stood there, then the headmaster fired his stun spell at Princess Luna where she fell to the floor. All of us were stunned and tried to help but the moment we tried to move past the three stallions in front of us we all hit the shield wall that they made to stop us. All we could do was watch in horror as all of them approached Princess Luna with daggers.

Rainbow Dash cut in.
“Before they could do anything there was a clang noise and then a huge wall of smoke. Then Wraith got ahold of the headmaster and slammed his head to the ground. When Wraith stood back up all of them tried to stop him, one charged him but Wraith bucked him in the face. then two charged him but Wraith got them and slammed both of them to the ground. Two more tried firing spells at him but all they did was slow him down. When he was close enough to them he knocked their heads together and they fell to the ground. All that was left was the three stallions holding us Wraith threw three boxes at them and did something with his thing and the three stallions screamed before falling to the ground.

“Is that all that happened?” Celestia inquired.

Twilight spoke up however she was unsure how her mentor would take the news.
“No princess, the headmaster came from behind me and put his dagger at my throat. I was really scared but Wraith stopped him before he could hurt me.”

Celestia got up from her chair and hugged her.

Before anything else could happen Rainbow Dash blurted out.

“Does anypony else smell that?”

There was a smell in the air that was foreign to them but something about it made all their mouths water.

“What do you think that smell is?” Rarity asked.

“I don’t know but whatever it is it smells super duper good!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

It wasn't long after that the doors opened and out came the servers with their meals with the Wraith following from behind. However their eyes all looked to what the Wraith was bringing over to the table.


The Wraith was on his way back to his seat. He placed the bowl of cheese fries on the table but as he sat down a pink blur rushed by his bowl. Knowing who that was he narrowed his eyes as he looked over to where pinkie was sitting to see her put one of his fries in her mouth.

“Wowie is this what you called cheese fries they’re super duper good!”

“PINKIE, THAT WAS MINE!”

She only gave him an innocent smile.

Then a blue blur rushed by his bowl. He looked over to where rainbow was to see that she was trying some herself.

“You’re right pinkie, these are good!”

“RAINBOW!”

He went back to his bowl and then three more cheese fries disappeared.

Looking around he saw that Rarity was holding them then took a bite.

“A little messy for my tastes, but good nonetheless.”

“You all suck!” the Wraith said a little flustered at the thievery going around.

The Wraith sighed while Celestia chuckled.

“ I didn’t take your subjects for thieves.”

“Oh hush, they’re only messing around.”

“If you say so princess, however before any more of my fries get swiped is there anyone else that wants to try one?”

Twilight, apple jack, Fluttershy, luna, and even celestia asked. The Wraith rolled his eyes and handed each of them one fry with some cheese on it.

Each of them took a bite and each of them seemed to enjoy it, Luna making it very clear.

“Huzzah we never haf tasted a treat so divine in many moons.”

Celestia remained neutral at this.

“I can see that my spell has worn off on you sister.”

The Wraith shrugged at this, he could say something about it but he was a little more hungry then curious so he left it be. He began to remove each of his gauntlets off his arms so he could then remove his gloves so he could eat. However in doing this he drew more attention to himself.

“I didn't know you had claws.” Rainbow Dash said aloud.

The Wraith looked at her funny for a second before looking at his hands and realising what she meant.

“These are not claws, these are my hands, both hands have five fingers each and on the back these are finger nails, kinda similar to hooves but not really.”

“Wraith, if you wouldn’t mind me asking what knew about the plot against my sister?” Celestia asked.

“That’s fine, I knew you would ask eventually!” The Wraith said while taking a deep breath in preparing his explanation!

“ Only recently found out last night, I had a hard time falling asleep that night on twilights couch so I left her place to clear my head. Not sure if you haven't already guessed but I am not from around here I was born and raised in a city called New Port Falls and having more quiet then I knew what to do with was driving me a tad bit crazy.” The Wraith exhaled and tried to recomposed himself for the next part of the explanation, which was promptly halted by twilights question.

“How, I thought I locked all the doors in my house!” she said confused!

“Everything, except the shutter window that sat above the front door!”

“I forgot about that!” she said realizing it herself!

“Anyway, as I walked around outside I saw three hooded figures entering a building Now I knew that could have been nothing, it could have been some sort of custom in this world that I am unaware of, however something didn't feel right about it so I tailed behind and I was right!”

”They were all excited over some ‘good news’ as I heard turns out the headmaster as he was called developed a new type of poison that was meant to temporarily render some form of paralysis however they planned that she wouldn't go down so easy so they talked about a magic dampening ring.”

“The idea was going to be set in phases first offer her a drink as a guise to her reinstatement as princess and then she falls to the ground then put a magic dampening ring on her then stab her to death when I told twilight I was allergic to punch that too was a guise to prevent beverages to be served so they had to alter their plan to what it is that you were told!”

“Once the headmaster hit luna with that spell of his I intervened and proceeded to mop the floor with his goons first I knocked out the headmaster at least at the time I thought I knocked him out then one goon after another then the headmaster came to and held twilight as a hostage at knife point so I made sure to knock his lights out for good!”

“I know I’ve said this before but , I can’t thank you enough for saving my sister!”

“Then I will repeat the same answer I was only doing my job!”

Half way through the meal, the Wraith started having thoughts on what he was going to do for the rest of his life, since he was stuck her because of a stupid prophecy. The Wraith, as he was finishing his meal, decided to ask these questions to Celestia.

“Excuse me, Princess Celestia, mind if I ask a few questions of my own?” he said from across the table.

“Go ahead,” she replied.

“Well since I am stuck here until I can find a way home I am going to need a place to stay and somewhere I can get a change of clothes and some way to support myself financially, I hate to burden you by asking this but do you know what I can do from here?”

“It’s no burden, I believe it would be nice if you would stay in Ponyville with the girls, I think they could learn a few things from you.”

The Wraith wasn't expecting this answer, he wanted to ask her again to see if there were any other options but he was cut off by Rarity.

“ I think it's a fabulous Idea, I certainly wouldn't mind making clothes for you to wear, darling.”

Well… she does have a point there. I should have guessed she was a seamstress when she was asking about the fabric used in my armor…
The Wraith mused.

“ I wouldn’t mind having you to meet mayor mare for you two to find a house for you to live in, you could also stay at my place till you find a house.” Twilight added in a little more perky then normal.

Something about how she voiced that seems a bit suspicious I’ll play along but I’ll keep my eye on her! The Wraith thought.

“I guess that's fine” the Wraith said.

“Then it's settled, you will leave tomorrow morning for Ponyville!”


After everyone had finished their meals Celestia had her guards show them to their rooms for the night.

The girls decided to make a “roommate system,” where the two of them would share a room each.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack paired up and took one room. Fluttershy and pinkie paired up and took the next room. Then it was down to Twilight, The Wraith, and Rarity which came along with some issues.

“So... Wraith would you like to share a room with me?” Twilight asked innocently.

“well ...I…um….” The Wraith wondered why he was acting this way, this had never been an issue before… and why did he feel his face getting warm.

Damn those eyes! He internally cursed.

The Wraith could have voiced that it would be best to sleep by himself. However in the walk that took him to this room he didn't realize that he was now “sandwiched” between Rarity and twilight both giving him pleading looks. In the midst of all this an alarm went off in his head which simply read.

“You have trapped yourself, congratulations, the exit door is now open!”

Sucking in his pride, he went into the room with Rarity and twilight. As they entered the room The Wraith saw the room only having two beds which made the Wraith nervous, which was also a new feeling he was experiencing. Sleeping even nearby a girl was hard enough, sleeping in bed with one would be a whole new minefield to cross.

The girls each chose a bed to sleep in Rarity chose the bed on the right side of the room while twilight chose the bed on the left. Now he could sleep on the floor but He knew neither of them would accept that! They would use their magic to put him in one bed or the other so he was really trapped.

Both twilight and Rarity looked at the Wraith both of them could see he was deep in thought. Rarity eventually put two and two together and a smile reached her face as she came up with a way to entice him.

“Now darling, are you seriously debating which bed you will sleep in.” Rarity asked innocently.

The Wraith looked at her, while he didnt say anything his eyes told her everything she needed to know.

“Well I can say for a fact, if you choose my bed you get all this to sleep next to…” Rarity said swinging her flank back and forth seductively…

Twilight picked up on what Rarity was implying and her face turned as red as a tomato.

“Rarity, really???” Twilight said shocked.

Before she could say anything else Wraith butted in.

“Twilight, move over!” the Wraith said with a little a anxiety in his voice.

Twilight was also a little red in the face but clearly not as much as the Wraith.

“Wraith if you don't want to sleep here I can….”

“Okay twilight listen, just because I am in bed with you does not mean anything, we are just going to sleep on each of our respected sides, ok?”

“Ok...” twilight replied.
It didn't take long for all of them to fall asleep, and once they did they all started to dream, even the Wraith.


Luna was uncharacteristically excited tonight, Celestia picked up on this and decided to talk to her about it.

“So lu lu, what's got you happy all of a sudden?”

Luna looked at her sister and replied.

“Dost we needeth a reason to be Jubilant?”

“Oh lu lu I am your sister, don't you think I would know if you are up to something?”

Luna kept her muzzle shut not wanting to say anything else

“It's about him, isn't it?”

She still stayed silent, she didn't want to admit it to her sister but there was something about Wraith that she wanted to know more about whether it was curiosity or just how nice he treated her when she woke up.
Though if she was sure of anything, she was sure that she like being called beautiful by him.

Luna could see her room not to far away so she tried to make a quick get away, while she could.

Celestia could only smile.

“I hope Wraith decides to stay here, seeing my sister happy like this is something I hope I don't lose.” Celestia said to herself.


When Luna got back into her room and closed the door she took a sigh of relief.

“Thank faust, I thought she would get to you before I could...”

Luna’s blood ran cold she knew that voice but where was it coming from?

“Where are thou, show thine self!”

“Look behind you.” it mocked.
Luna looked over to a mirror, there in a reflection was…….

“Nightmare Moon! We thought the elements destroyed you!”

“Afraid not ‘lu lu’ the elements only trapped me inside of you!” Nightmare smirked.

“We can changeth that!” Luna Looked at her, fire in her eyes.

“Oh hush I am not here to cause trouble.” Nightmare exhaled.

“Then why are thou here?” Luna asked curious herself.

“I am here to know more about your black knight too.” Nightmare said.

Luna's eyes shot daggers at Nightmare Moon.

“I won't let thou corrupt him as thou corrupted us!” Luna defended.

“Who said anything about corruption?” Nightmare stated

Now luna was really confused.

“If not corruption then what are thou’s intentions?” Luna asked.

“You know the answer as well as I do!” Nightmare chuckled.

Luna was still drawing a blank.

“Allow me to spell it out for you, I am what the new ponies call…..” Nightmare said leaving room for suspense to fill luna’s mind.

“Interested?” Luna said off the top of her head.

“Turned on!” Nightmare smiled.

Luna’s cheeks flushed red.

“You are too, you should not deny it, yet you do!” Nightmare teased.

“That's foolish we've only just met him.” luna said denying it more.

“Ah, but that's where the answer lies, you may have just met him, but in that time you two shared he has treated you better than any other stallion you have ever known!”
Luna couldn't hold it in anymore.

“Tis true...” she sighed in defeat

“Luna you don't have to fall into bed with him, although….. if you did, mind if I could jump in?” Nightmare said wiggling an eyebrow.

Lunas face flushed red again as Nightmare Moon laughed.

“Oh I am just messing with you, how about we go and talk to him together?” Nightmare asked.

Luna looked at Nightmare Moon very unsure.

“Oh fine I’ll stay in the shadows and you can talk to him then.

Luna carefully accepted that and went to her bed and started her spell


Luna and Nightmare Moon walked through the endless void that held the dreams she watched over.

While they were walking Nightmare noticed something out of the corner of her eye while luna was looking for Wraith’s dream.

“You might want to talk to him soon because we are not the only ponies with our eyes on him.”
Nightmare pointed to one of the element's dreams, the one known as Rarity. In the dream she could be seen making out with Wraith.

Luna taking the warning decided to look faster, until she found it unlike the last strange dream she saw with mist covering the dream’s window. This dream she could see moon light shining into a room of some sort.

Both of them entered the dream unsure of what he was dreaming about.

As they entered the room they looked around to see several things they had never seen before. The two things that both got their attention was a medium sized box with glass on one side and several lumps under it. Then there was a rather strange looking rectangle with a very strange symbol on its front with the colors of red green and blue with a little yellow on the top. they couldn't read what the letters were but they could read the number underneath it, sixty four.

It was at that time the door opened and out came two bipeds that they didn't recognise.

“I don't Like this Rebecca with what's been going on, I hope it’s not connected to what I think it is.”

“Oh hush, John we don't want to worry him, let alone wake him.”

But it was to late for that…

“Mom? Dad? What's going on?”
Said a very tired voice.

“Oh nothing sweety, your father is just worried about something is all.”

Nightmare looked at luna

“Is this a dream?”

Luna only shook her head

“Tis a memory from what we can sense.”

“Worried about what mom?”

“Nothing that you should worry your little head about” she said giving the small being a nuzzle

“How about I sing you a lullaby to help you fall back asleep...”

“Ok mom!”

when you lay your head to sleep

don't be scared, don't you weep

I am right here by your side

holding you tonight

I will stay

while you rest

nightmares can't come haunting you

don't you cry

don't you fret

I will always love you

here we are in peaceful sleep

you are here

next to me

promise you'll stay by my side

for you make me bright

quietly

stars will sing

us into a lovely sleep

you and i

always find

a sweet dream waiting

when you lay your head to sleep

don't be scared, don't you weep

i am right here by your side

holding you tonight

When she finished singing something felt very off, the white moon light was now crimson red and the room they were standing in began to spark as the cackling of fire engulfed the room.
The world then shifted to a white void.

“That was a memory too?”

“No, that was a dream.”

“He knows we're here.”

Then there came a voice from behind.

“Yes and I am not very happy about it!”

Luna and Nightmare turned around to see Wraith behind them. Before either of them could utter a word the Wraith spoke again.

“I don't know why I keep dreaming of you luna but hopefully this will be the end of that.” the Wraith said as he was doing a weird gesture with his ‘hands’ and closed his eyes.

When he opened his eyes, nothing had changed.

“Ok that's odd…”

“Usually that works.”

Luna spoke up

“We art not an illusion we art real”

The Wraith wasn't buying it.

“Yeah right, if you are real then My hand shouldn’t pa-.....” The Wraith said stunned Luna was solid.

“This can't be possible? how are you here?” The Wraith said shocked.

“Magic.” Said Nightmare Moon.

The Wraith practically slapped himself in the face with that answer.

“Of course, why didn’t I think of that…”

The Wraith looked at the pony next to luna very carefully.

“Who are you supposed to be, Luna’s evil twin sister?”

Nightmare chuckled at this.

“Something like that..”

The Wraith kept his eyes on her, then composed himself before asking his next question.

“So why are you here?”

Luna took a quick breath and replied.

“We wanted to know more about our knight in black shining armor.”

The Wraith thought for a bit before coming to an answer.

“Ok then, However instead of telling you more about me, how about I show you.”

The white void shifted as the world molded into several tall structures. When all was said and done several unfamiliar sounds greeted Luna’s and Nightmare’s ears.

“Where art we and what art those sounds?”
Luna said rather surprised at her surroundings.

“This is the city of new port falls, it is currently ten o'clock at night and those sounds are the nightly car traffic in the city or self propelled carriages as you would call it.”

Luna and Nightmare looked at each other trying to digest what he had just told them.

“Also you are gonna need these very soon.” the Wraith said holding two cylindrical objects in his hands.

“What are those?”
Nightmare asked

The Wraith held in a chuckle then composed himself quickly.

“Please don't tell me you don’t know what an umbrella is…”

Both of them shook their heads.

The Wraith sighed and unwrapped the objects.

“Here hold these in you magic.”
He requested.

“Why?”
Nightmare asked

The Wraith sighed again.

“Five”

Both luna and nightmare looked at each other.

“Four”

A roaring noise could be heard nearby.

“Three”

Luna and Nightmare looked up to see dark clouds approaching over the city by themselves.

“Two”

A flash of lightning lit up the sky for a brief second.

“One”

Heavy rainfall began to hit the city.
Both Luna and Nightmare began to get soaked while the rain poured.

The Wraith opened the umbrellas and handed them over to both of them.

“Put them above your head if you want them to work.”

Luna and Nightmare did this and felt a little better.

Luna felt compelled to ask about the weather.

“Wraith who controls thine weather in your world?”
Luna asked curiously.

The Wraith gave her a blank stare before speaking.

“No one.”
He replied.

“WHAT?”
Luna and Nightmare said in unison.

“It works by itself.”
The Wraith said unamused.

“Twilight asked me the same question.”

“However that is besides the point now, if you really want to know who I am, then you might want to look to the street below.”

Luna and Nightmare looked at the Wraith with questionable looks.

“Just follow me…” The Wraith deadpanned

As they walked the Wraith started speaking.

“So… since you want to know so much about me, I guess the first thing I should tell you is that I am a vigilante.”

The Wraith took a quick breath and continued.

“Vigilante by definition is someone who takes the law into their own hands and acts upon it.”

“For example.”
The Wraith paused.

Luna and Nightmare both gave Wraith questionable looks until a female scream broke the night silence. All of them looked down to the street to see what luna and nightmare seemed to believe the human equivalent of a mare running down the street with about seven others in orange chasing her.

“Let's take a closer look shall we.”
With a snap of his fingers they were at ground level.

The female ran past them and into an alleyway. It was obvious she was trying to lose her pursuers but as fate would have it her shoe got caught in a pot hole which the rain had hidden from her eyesight. She fell to her face and gripped her ankle in pain.
She tried to get up and run but by that time her pursuers had already caught up to her.

The Wraith pointed to the girl holding her ankle.

“That lady over there, her name is Jasmine Rodrigo.”

Then the Wraith pointed to one of the individuals in the orange group.

“The guy over there with a crowbar in his hand is her abusive boyfriend Andrew Hertz”

“He is a known affiliate and leader of a gang known as the Rileys.”

Nightmare thought to ask him a question.

“Why do they call themselves that?”

“Because they are always looking for a fight! They will get riled up over anything.”

“Also if you are wondering why they are all wearing orange its because it is their gang color.”

“Anyways the reason why they are chasing her is because she was sick of her abusive boyfriend and went to the local authorities and agreed to testify against not only her boyfriend but the whole gang.”

The Wraith took a quick breath and continued.

“Jasmine had information that could wipe the gang out of the city, so the police and city attorney's office had her put up in a safe house to wait until the trial.”


Luna was curious about what was so important about what she knew.

“So what did she know?”

“Weapons smuggling, drug dealing, and there were rumors that they dealt in sex trafficking which was proven to be true through her testimony.”

“unfortunately, a dirty cop had leaked the information to one of the gang members and it all went to hell after that.” The Wraith said while massaging his temples.

“So here we are now and luckily this is where it all ends, now watch and listen!”

“You Bitch, I trusted you and loved you and this is how you repay me by snitchin to the fucking pigs.”

Jasmine was clearly an emotional wreck but it was hard to tell if she was crying because she was soaking wet from the rain.

“You never loved me! For the three years we've been together, all you ever did was beat me and humiliated me in front of all your friends.”

“Well that's a shame, but I am sure I will find another girl who appreciates me more than you ever did.”

Andrew said holding her hair to the back of her head while drawing a brass knuckle from his back pocket.

While Andrew was beating Jasmine’s face in, they had no idea what was coming for them.
One of the gang members minding his own business felt what seemed like a pebble hit him in the back of the head. He turned around and headed out of the alley to see who did it. However he wasn't going to be seeing much anything when something from behind struck him and he fell to the ground. One of the gang members noticed that one of them was now missing!

“Uh, boss?”

“Can't you see I am busy here!”

Andrew said as he was beating the snot out of Jasmine.

“It's just, one of our guys is missing.”

That got his attention.

“The cops must be here, everyone grab your guns, it's gonna get messy.”

Two members pulled out smgs the other three pulled out pistols.

One of them went to investigate where he could have gone but before he could go far something wrapped around his ankles and before he knew what was going on he fell flat on his back and was dragged screaming into the dark abyss.

“JONNY!”
Andrew screamed.

No response.

There was a sense of fear setting in as now two riley gang members had vanished into the dark. The four remaining tried to cover their corners who or what ever was picking them off could be anywhere. A flash of lightning lit up the alley and at that time one of the gang members saw a dark figure standing behind Andrew. In full panic mode the gang member with the smg fired off several rounds at the figure.

Another flash of lightning lit up the sky and the same member saw the dark figure standing there seemingly unfazed by the gunfire.

Andrew also saw it but realized something.

“THAT'S MY SHADOW YOU IDIOT!”
Andrew said very annoyed.

“Sorry boss I wasn't…..”
Before the gang member could finish that sentence, something came from the darkness and hit him in the chest!

“What the hell!?”

Was all he could say till a wave of pain washed over him Instantaneously till he fell flat to the pavement.

Andrew and the other three gang members watched in horror as they saw him scream and fall face first to the pavement.

Now things had just gotten ten times worse they were nervous at first, now there was a feeling of dread setting in with the only security helping maintain their sanity was the weapon in their hand!

“Uh... boss ..., maybe we should cut our losses and get out of here. I don't wanna be next…”

A menacing chuckle could be heard but no one could tell where it was coming from.
“That's the smartest thing any of you have said all night...”

Andrew didn’t like being laughed at, so his fear turned to anger.

“WHERE ARE YOU!”

“SHOW YOURSELF!”

A slight pause of silence happened for that moment.

“That is the dumbest thing I have heard any of you say all night.”

“MY MEN WILL FIND YOU!”
Andrew said his anger was still in play thinking he still had control.

“Doubt it, also speaking of your men you might want to consider doing another headcount.”

Andrew turned around and to his regret he now noticed another one of his men was gone.
Thinking quickly Andrew grabbed Jasmine and held her in a lite choke hold with his arm around her throat.

“You two form on me were getting the hell out of here.”
Andrew said determination present in his voice.

“Actually how about this, I am going to give your men a counter offer, leave now from your boss and you will walk away unscathed.”

Andrew looked at each of his men guarding him, he first looked to the guy behind him both of them looked at each other. Without saying a word he knew the guy behind him had his back. However the guy in front of him was a nervous wreck and looked like he was having second thoughts.

“Are you with me Tyrone?”
Andrew asked.

The guy in front of him hesitated to answer him.

“You better not!”
Andrew said his anger started to rise.

“I’m sorry boss, I can't do this anymore...”

The guy dropped his pistol and ran like his life depended on it.

“YOU BASTARD!”

With Andrew’s free hand he picked up the pistol that the coward dropped and aimed it at him while he was fleeing.

However, before he could even pull the trigger out of nowhere something sharp flew by and cut his hand and he dropped the pistol and screamed in pain.

Footsteps could be heard coming from behind them the guy behind Andrew raised his pistol and fired at where he believed they were coming from. His first shot hit something because he could see a spark. He didn't know what he hit, but he fired again. Only this time the spark was closer to him than it was last time. He then fired off four more rounds then a new sense hit ears, not only did the sparks get closer every time he fired, but he could have swore he heard what sounded like coins hitting the ground. He tried firing again but the pistol made a clicking noise.

“Six shots, you’re out!”

Lightning once again lit up the sky revealing to luna nightmare and the others the Wraith, however something was very different about the Wraith in the memory he was sharing compared to the Wraith standing next to them, like his voice, his mask, the lack of the thing around his midsection and the strange article of clothing that resembled a cape while it waved in the wind but wasn't. Both Luna and Nightmare picked up on this but decided to hold off on this question until it was necessary to ask it!

“I’m screwed, aren't I?”

“Very.”
The Wraith slugged him hard with his right hook and he fell to the ground unconscious!

Andrew was now the only one left. He was extremely pissed, he knew he wasn't gonna leave with Jasmine in tow and that irked him but his only choice was to let her go. He was now face to face with the freak that took all his men down and that pissed him off even more! He reached into his back pocket and retrieved his brass knuckle he used to beat Jasmine. He wasn't going to let this freak of nature get the best of him. Putting on his brass knuckle he charged the Wraith running at his opponent at his full speed which would be his downfall.

As Andrew got closer charging up a running punch, the Wraith in a fluid motion moved his torso to the left to avoid Andrew hitting him from the right while also managing to use his right foot to trip up Andrew, causing him to fall. The Wraith quickly spun around and grabbed Andrew by the back of his head and forced him to the pavement. Andrew screamed as his face hit the ground! He was in too much pain to get up, unfortunately it wasn’t over yet. The Wraith had one foot resting on Andrew’s back as he picked up Andrew’s left arm.

“That wasn’t very smart now, was it!”

Andrew was in too much pain to answer.

“Who leaked Jasmine’s location to your gang, tell me the truth as I have ways of making you talk!”

Andrew got the message and replied.

“On…. Ontario, Officer Ontario told us.”

“Thank you…”

Andrew took a sigh of relief.

“By the way, are you left or right handed?”

Andrew was confused by this question and answered him absentmindedly.

“I am left hand….. Oh shit...”
As Andrew realized what he was saying but it was too late.

The Wraith had twisted Andrew’s left arm till he heard it pop out of place. Andrew screamed his lungs out till the pain was so intense that he fell unconscious.

“Is…. he dead?” Jasmine asked from behind the Wraith.

“No… I only hurt him hard enough to knock him out, I didn't kill him.”
The Wraith said while he was still focusing on Andrew.

The Wraith felt around the body of Andrew till he pulled out a burner phone.

The Wraith dialed a number into the phone and waited while the phone rang.

“Hello, Rachel Heinz speaking.”

The Wraith pulled up a portion of his mask took a small device from his belt and and put it to the bottom of the phone

“This is Detective Rachel Heinz, is it not.”

There was a moment of silence before she replied back.

“Who are you, and how did you get this number?”

“I am a friend, and it doesn't matter how I got this number!”

“What matters is that there is a traitor among the officers you are working with, on the Jasmine Rodrigo case against the Rileys.”

“I’m listening…”

“Officer Ontario tipped them off where you put up Jasmine and she was chased from the safe house into an alleyway.”

“Is she alright?”

“She's alive, however her boyfriend did a number on her face.”

“That bastard!”

“That's what I said.”

“Listen, before we get off topic I need you to get the new port PD and a few ambulances over here right now!”

“Over where?”

The Wraith with his free hand reached and grabbed an absurdly sized pistol and aimed in the air.

“Look outside your window!”

“My window…..?”

The Wraith pull the trigger and a red ball of light went into the sky.

“How do you know where I live!??”

“You know I would like to stay and chat but I gotta go.”

He hung up the phone before she could respond.

“Who are you?” Jasmine asked.

“You are probably the first person I will tell this to, so consider yourself lucky.”

“I am, The Wraith!”

The scene began to fade around them as the focus was brought back to them.

“That's pretty much me in a nutshell.” the Wraith said.

However before the Wraith could say anything else, he heard what sounded like an evil cackling. The Wraith and Luna looked over towards Nightmare, where they saw her on her back laughing up a storm.

“Oh sweet faust that was too good...” Nightmare said, wiping a tear from her eye.

“Well I’m glad you got more enjoyment out of that then I did.” the Wraith said, looking at her a bit amused.

“Oh, that I did…”
Nightmare looked over to Luna.

But nightmare wasn't done yet.

“You know Luna I might have a change of heart after witnessing that, it looks like fun!”
She said recovering from her laughing fit.

“We’ll discuss it later in Nightmare.”
Luna said, sounding like she was trying to brush it off.

A mental click went off in the Wraith’s head.

“Nightmare, as in Nightmare Moon?”

“Correct.” she said like she was proud of that name!

“Well good, at last I have a face to tie to that name.”
The Wraith said.

The Wraith began to walk towards Nightmare and as he approached her, he stopped and began to walk around her.

“You know….. I don't see what the big deal is, I mean your kind of spooky but That's it. However everything about you is otherwise stunning the green pupil and the blue of the eyes is a very nice touch. According to the paper I read, you are a reflection of Luna in some way and the one thing I find very fascinating about the both of you is even in the night the dark can get even more darker with the transition of Luna’s navy blue to your midnight blue…. “

Luna was absolutely speechless Never could she remember a time she received such an honest compliment not just towards her but towards Nightmare Moon the being that caused her to be sent away to the moon.

While Luna was in shock Nightmare was as red as a tomato.

“Oh my, what a Gentle Colt….”

But she didn’t stop there

“If you are available tomorrow night perhaps you and I could have a little fun…”
Nightmare said licking her lips revealing her sharp jagged teeth to the Wraith.

GOD DAMN IT why do I always find myself in these situations I know tend to go on rants but I went too far that time…. Why is it that I can't shut up around the females of this world…..
AND WHY THE HELL AM I TURNED ON BY WHAT NIGHTMARE DID….
The Wraith thought trying to hide how flustered he was.

Good thing I can suppress my emotions in my dreams
He thought again.

He had to think of a way to change the topic before anything More awkward happened.

Come on, what can I say to switch this around… The Wraith thought.

Then an idea hit him.

“Luna and Nightmare Moon!”

Luna and Nightmare looked at him.

“Something has just come to my attention!”

“That assassination attempt on your life was an inside job.”

Both of them looked surprised as he said this.
“While ponies started showing up to the event I watched a LEC member pull a crossbow from behind a loose brick in the wall.”

“Someone planted that there to be used, so until you find out who I would request nothing less than a full investigation of all the castle staff and guards!”

“Also please forward my concerns to your sister, so you two can investigate this matter together.”

Luna had a determined look on her face.

“We shall look into this matter thoroughly, thank you for sharing that!”

At that time the world around them began to pulsate.

“It looks like I am about to wake up, Luna stay safe I should come back soon to check up on the investigation.”

The world and everything else faded away.



The Wraith had opened his eyes to the unforgiving light of the sun to immediately shut them again.

“Agh It burns.” He said to himself.

“Oh good morning Wraith how did you and Twilight enjoy sleeping together.”

“What are you on about the both of us sle….. Wait a second.”
The Wraith said thoroughly confused.

The Wraith remembered being on his back when he fell asleep but now he was on his side.
He could also feel his hands had a hold of something so he moved them around trying to figure out what it was it was soft, smooth, and squishy? A thought occurred to him something was missing here.

“Where's Twilight?” The Wraith asked.

The only thing the Wraith saw was a lump on the other side of the bed.


“Wraith could you let go of me please.” came a voice that the Wraith recognised all too well.

“Oh my god, I can not express how sorry I am for doing that.” the Wraith said quickly removing his hands from her rump.

Twilight exited the other side of the bed and quickly made her way towards the door!

“What the hell is wrong with me, did I do that in my sleep?” he asked himself though Rarity chipped in.

“I wouldn't have mind you know, if you were in my bed.”

The Wraith wasn't going to even respond to that, he left the bed grabbed his mask and darted out of the room like a bat out of hell.

Once he knew he wasn't being followed he slowed his pace down to a simple walk.

Towards the end of the hall was a set of doors without a second thought he opened them and there sat the girls and Princess Celestia with twilight included but he tried to avoid her gaze the last thing he wanted the Princess to know was that he groped her number one student’s ass.

That thought alone made him feel disgusted and also confused why he found that (cen) arousing (cen) it was a turn on for him. What the hell was wrong with him.

“Oh good Morning Wraith I was just about to have somepony call you.” Celestia greeted warmly.

“Thanks!” was the best thing Wraith could think of as a response after Celestia pulled him from.

“I’m guessing you slept well?” Celestia asked.

The Wraith almost cracked up there but regained his composure.

“You could say that!”

“That's good to hear!” Celestia replied.

The Wraith helped himself to a seat and sat down.

“We were about to have breakfast before all of you departed.” Celestia explained.

“Great don't mind me I tend to eat lite.” The Wraith replied.

“Hey hold on a sec where's Rarity?” Rainbow Dash asked.

As if on cue the mare in question opened the doors dramatically.


“Good morning girls Have I the most interesting thing to tell you.”

The Wraith as quick as a flash made his way towards Rarity since he knew where she was going to go.

“Hang on Rarity before you say anything may I interest you in some perfume.” the Wraith asked.

All the girls including celestia were fascinated at what was occurring.

“You carry perfume? Sounds very unlikely dear.” Rarity tried to reason.

“Hardly, You do know I've worn this suit for the past six days since my arrival you dont think this thing smells all I gotta do to mask the odor is spray a little on my suit and it's as if the odor doesn't exist.” the Wraith was going full poker face not even flinching as he delivered this bluff and Rarity appeared to be buying it.

“Really, may I take a smell of it.” Rarity asked.

“Absolutely!” the Wraith replied.

He took a canister from his belt shook it a bit removed the lid and pressed down on the white nozzle for a quick spray of the ‘perfume’ for Rarity to smell.

“It's got a sweet smell to it what’s the fragrance called?”

The Wraith said one word.

“Chloroform.”

Just like that Rarity fell to the floor and was out like a light.

“Well that's over and done with let's get back to breakfast!” the Wraith said putting the container back on his belt. Then he looked over to the faces of shock looking right at him.

“Ok; before all of you ask, yes Rarity is fine, no I didn't hurt her, and no that wasn't perfume that was sleeping gas I sprayed her with, she’ll wake up in an hour.”

“Why did yall do that for?” Apple Jack questioned.

“Well to be honest, to keep her from blabbing about something I wanted to keep private, I’m sure Princess Celestia could understand that.” the Wraith explained.

“You don’t have to be so formal Wraith just Celestia is fine, and yes I do understand, over the thousands of years I've been around on this planet rumors are inevitable.” Celestia replied.

The Wraith after hearing this explanation felt like his head was upside down by the amount of confusion hitting him all at once.

“I’m not buying that, you over a thousand years old? Don't sell yourself short sweetheart it ain't working for ya.” the Wraith said raising an eyebrow.

“Oh, well then how old do you think I am then Wraith?” Celestia asked him.

“Oh that's easy, lets factor in everything that I know about you so far from the way you carry yourself to your maturity and your proper use of vocabulary and phrasing and the overall look of you, leads me to believe you are in your late to mid thirties at best.” the Wraith said.

Celestia not expecting that answer at all fell from her chair at the table and began to laugh to her heart's content.

“I don’t get what's so funny?” Wraith asked with his eyebrow raised.

Celestia after finishing her fit of laughter calmed herself down.

“Oh I would love to be that age again, your answer caught me off guard there I honestly thought You would say like a hundred or something to that nature.” Celestia explained
It was at that time the waiter ponies came in with menus and some familiar faces.

The Wraith found his way back to his seat as the same mare he talked to last night walked over to him.

Probably best to continue that conversation later…. He thought.

“Ah Rose Bud was it? Good morning, how are you doing this fine day?” The Wraith asked her.

“I’m doing well. Thank you for asking.” Rose Bud replied with a smile.

“What can I get you this morning?” Rose Bud asked.

The Wraith was about to say something but then stopped before he could say anything and lowered his menu to look at all the girls including celestia looked at him with anticipation.

“What are you staring at?” He asked.

“We’re waiting for you to pick something silly.” said Pinkie Pie.

I’m beginning to sense a trend here if my suspicion is correct...
He thought to himself.

“Ok the…. Do you guys have waffles here?” The Wraith asked.

“Yes!” Rose answered.

“Is it hay based or batter based.” The Wraith asked her again.

“We have both” rose answered back.

“I’ll have two batter waffles and if I could get a canister of strawberry Jam, and a canister of peanut butter, a spoon, and a glass of milk that be fantastic!” The Wraith said.

“Ok, do you want syrup with that?” Rose Bud asked.

“No thank you.” The Wraith said.

“I’ll do the same.” Twilight said.

“Me too.” said Pinkie Pie.

“Me three” said Rainbow Dash.

“Um me four…” said Fluttershy
“Ah will do the same as well!” apple jack said.

“As will I!” celestia said.

There are times I hate being right, though I have the oddest feeling that they are doing this to either tease me or they found my cheese fries delicious and now they are wondering what other good food I know of……. God damnit…...

The Wraith Dead paned.

“I guess while were at it give sleepy head over there the same thing.” the Wraith said pointing to Rarity sleeping next to the wall.

“Same for my sister luna except instead of strawberry could you do blueberry instead?” celestia asked.

Ah, so luna has a thing for blueberrys- wait why does this concern me…?

“Yes princess!” Replied rose bud as she finished up the order and headed back to the kitchen.

“So what's your game here girls?” The Wraith announced.

“What do you mean silly?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“I think all of you know what I am talking about, no one pulls a fast one on me and gets away with it!” The Wraith said with a smugness evident in his voice.

The Wraith looked around the room not one pony said a word other than Applejack looking like she was about to bust up laughing and Celestia with a small grin on her muzzle.

“You know what forget it…” The Wraith said metaphorically throwing up his hands.

It was at that moment in time Luna walked in the room and sat in the chair next to celestia.

“Morning luna, I’m guessing you slept well?” The Wraith asked.

“Indeed!” She replied.

About ten minutes later without another word said the servers brought in all sixteen waffles and served to each pony accordingly, including the Wraith.

“What is this, no syrup what logic is this?” Luna said confused.

“Don’t worry Luna you’ll like this!” The Wraith said smugly.

As he grabbed his spoon, while also looking at the ponies around him who were watching him with anticipation wondering what he was going to do next.

This is getting too painful to watch…
He thought to himself.


“You know what, how about instead of watching what I do I’ll tell you what I’m going to do.”
The Wraith said with a tad bit of annoyance.

“I mean all you have to do is ask, is that saying too much?” The Wraith said.

“Alright!“ the girls said in unison.

“There was that so hard?” The Wraith said cocking a smile.

“Ok then, what you do here is rather simple, first have both waffles sit adjacent to each other then take the peanut butter and put it on one waffle and then the same with the jelly on the other once that's done put the peanut butter waffle on top of the jelly waffle and there you go it's a PB and J waffle sandwich.”
The Wraith explained.

All the girls after taking a bite from the creation, all sounded off with approval of the delicious concoction.

“Wowie this is good, could I have a copy of the recipe?” Pinkie asked.

“Sure that’s fine, it's not all that hard to make.” The Wraith replied.

“What sorcery is this wonderful treat?” exclaimed Luna.

“It's nothing really, when I don't have time for cereal or maybe oatmeal I do that when I have to run out the door, though if you think that's good try doing the same with a blueberry waffle or chocolate waffle.” the Wraith said nonchalantly.

Luna's eyes widened at the revelation brought before her!

Celestia chuckled and replied.

“I think you broke her…”

“That seems to be a trend around here wouldn’t you say?”
The Wraith said.

Celestia nodded in approval.

The rest of breakfast went by without a hitch, the next train to Ponyville wouldn’t arrive for another half hour. So to kill some time the girls showed him around Canterlot as they meandered their way to the train station.

“So Wraith, Twilight has told us that your world is way different to ours, how different is it?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“My world is nothing like yours, some things that you depend upon here do not exist there, like magic for example.” the Wraith explained.

“Then how do yall get things done then?” Apple Jack asked.

“That’s easy good human ingenuity and elbow grease.” The Wraith answered back.

“Bet it's nothing like what we could come up with.” Rainbow Dash tried to brag while flying by his side casually....

“Ooh you’d be surprised hot shot, in fact there's this thing we call a jet, that has many uses some are commercial airliners while others are high speed fighters that keep our air spaces safe.” the Wraith replied.

Twilight on the left was keeping notes as the conversation continued. Rainbow Dash on the other hand attitude shifted as she felt she was being challenged.

“Oh yeah, the’re probably not as fast as I am!” Rainbow Dash challenged.

Oh is she in for a big surprise!
The Wraith thought to himself chuckling internally.

“That's where you’re wrong again, we have jet fighters that could keep pace or even surpass you!” The Wraith challenged!

“Name one then” she said getting in his face.

“I’ll name two!” the Wraith said with a smug little smile on his face!

“The first one is the USAF or United states Air Force F15 strike eagle which could probably keep up with you while the pilot takes a sip of his morning coffee, while he flies at about three thousand seventeen miles an hour” The Wraith stated.

“The second one is an experimental aircraft called something I only know as the USAF 1227 Night Hawk which has been stated to be a thousand miles faster than the F15 so I say about four thousand seventeen miles an hour .” The Wraith said.

Rainbow Dash seemed to be backing down the shock of what he told her appeared to sinking in, but Wraith wasn't quite finished with her yet so he went ahead and added the cherry on top of the absurd sundae!

“However there is one craft faster than all of them put together, something we call a rocket that is fast enough to leave my planet’s gravitational pull and out into space or orbit around the planet!”
The Wraith finished.

Rainbow Dash at that moment in time fainted, mostly in part due to her ego not being able to fathom something faster than her!

The Wraith chuckled at his little win there but he had to get her back up because lugging two passed out ponies would be a little excessive since pinkie for whatever reason decided to carry Rarity while she happily bounced along happily with the group.

I can't help but think of pepe le pew when she does that…
He thought to himself.

“Anyone know where I could get a bucket of water to wake her up?” The Wraith asked.

“I have one!” Called Pinkie Pie as she appeared from under The Wraith’s legs.

Which surprised The Wraith a little more than she probably intended as he lost his footing and he fell backwards which also triggered one of his instincts as he fell back to perform a reverse somersault. When The Wraith finally regained his footing he looked over to pinkie who was sporting a cheeky smile on her face.

“Where did you get that?” The Wraith asked surprised.

“I always have a bucket of water on me for bucket related emergencies.” Pinkie simply explained.

How... is that a thing?

He thought to himself.

“You know what nevermind just throw it on her…” The Wraith said with a sigh.

Pinkie did so with and dumped the water onto Rainbow waking up out of shock.

“AHHH THATS COLD!” Rainbow Scream.

The Wraith couldn't help but chuckle at the circumstance happening in front of him, though he calmed back down and composed himself.

“Oh you think that's funny huh!” Rainbow Dash angrily looked look Wraith square in the eye.

“Absolutely, though it wasn't my Idea to throw ice cold water on you, it was hers!” the Wraith said pointing to pinkie giggling and snorting.

Rainbow sighed and gave up.

“Do you two have to be so loud” said Rarity just now waking up again.

“Ah morning rares” Apple Jack said.

The Wraith just sat there taking all of this in and began to get lost in thought.

This whole ordeal reminds me of an old anime I watched a while ago, what was it called…?
Ah; that's right, the war on geminar, the spin off that never got a second season, that was a damn shame…
He thought to himself.

“Hey Wraith?” Twilight said nudging his leg.

The Wraith returned to reality and looked down to twilight, who was trying to get his attention.

“What is it twilight?” The Wraith asked back .

“I’ve been meaning to ask wh-” before she could finish that thought another voice caught the Wraiths attention.

“Please just leave us alone, we’re only going to the castle!” said one female which by the sound of things sounded like she was in distress.

“Not without paying a toll you’re not!” said a male voice which sounded like a voice of authority.

“Hold that thought twilight, I’ll be right back.” He said to twilight as best he could before walking into a dark alleyway putting his mask on.

Curious the girls followed him and observed what was going on.
“The toll to walk in Canterlot is five hundred bits, so pay up.” The male voice said with an aggressive tone.

As the Wraith came around the corner there was a unicorn pony in golden armor and a mare and small foal by her side shivering in fear.

“We don't have that type of money!” she tried to explain to him.

“If you don't pay the full amount I’ll.”

“You’ll do what exactly...” The Wraith said from behind the guard with his arms crossed.

“None of…… what in celestia's name are you!” the unicorn guard said as he turned around in shock to what stood behind him.

“I am the Wraith, and I am the new sheriff in town.” the Wraith said.

“This doesn't concern you, you damn dirty ape go back to the jungle where you came from.” the unicorn guard said trying to brush the Wraith off

“On the contrary this does concern me, when a servant of the law harrases and threatens a mother and her child, that is something I will not stand for!” the Wraith said not giving the jackass an inch!

“Oh your going to be a colt scout about this, fine I’ll make quick work of you then!” The unicorn guard said firing off a spell at the Wraith.

The Wraith stood there and didn't even flinch as the spell made contact to his armor and subsequently ricocheted off said armor and into the sky.

“You know technically I could be listed as an ambassador of my people and that just counted as assault dumbass.” the Wraith stated nonchalantly.

The unicorn guard looked at the Wraith, shocked the spell bounced off his armor.

“So.. How about I tell you all the things you have done so far within this short period of time.” the Wraith paused for only a moment and began walking towards the guard.

“Extortion, verbal harassment to a minor as a public servant, verbal Harassment to a civilian as a public servant, threatening to do bodily harm to a minor as a public servant, threatening to do bodily harm to a civilian as a public servant, and assaulting an ambassador of a foreign country.” with each word he took a step towards the guard as the guard recoiled in fear trying to back away from the Wraith.

The Wraith grabbed the guard by his throat and forcefully pinned him against the wall.

“It is your responsibility as a guard to this country to keep all civilians safe from harm, but you squader this for your own political and financial agenda, you are the worst kind of guard in this country, a corrupt one!” the Wraith said to the panicking guard.

The Wraith turned over to the mare and foal who were looking at him with awe.

“You two ok here?” The Wraith asked.

“Yes my son and I are fine, thank you!” she replied relieved.

“Tell me, what was your purpose for being here in the first place?” The Wraith asked.

“My son here button mash wanted to meet Princess Luna.” she answered.

Suddenly the guard in the Wraiths grasp began to laugh at that statement.

“What’s so funny, jackass?” the Wraith stated.

“Might as well pack your bags bitch and head back home, you're never going to meet her ever no one will.” The guard said with a smug smile on his muzzle.

“Pray tell, what's that supposed to mean?” the Wraith asked.

“Read the newspaper she's dead.” The Guard said all fear now gone and replaced with a cheeky grin on his muzzle.

“Ooooh, so you're the bastard that planted the crossbow behind the loose brick in the wall.” the Wraith said to the guard with his anger rising.

“Now Celestia will be the one and only true ruler of Equestria!” his smugness now rubbing off on the Wraith as he began to deliver this message to him in the worst way possible!

“Well have I a newsflash for you dumbass, Princess Luna is alive and well as I put a stop to that assassination plot by the lunar eclipse clan.” the Wraith said delivering the painful verbal blow of reality bringing the guard back to his state of fear.

“So let me say again what you have done; Extortion, verbal harassment to a minor as a public servant, verbal Harassment to a civilian as a public servant, threatening to do bodily harm to a minor as a public servant, threatening to do bodily harm to a civilian as a public servant, assaulting an ambassador of a foreign country, and conspiracy to commit murder of a government figure, I hope you enjoy rotting in jail, by the way what's your name?” the Wraith said.

“Golden Shield, and good luck trying to get any of this to stick I'm highly respected in the solar guard and besides it my word against yours.”

“Actually, it's your word against yours…” the Wraith said.

“SID!”

“Active, ready for command!”

“Play back saved audio from thirty seconds ago.”

“Command Acknowledged!”

“Tell me, what was your purpose for being here in the first place?”

“My son here button mash wanted to meet Princess Luna.”

“ehahahahahaha”

“What’s so funny, Jackass?”

“Might as well pack your bags bitch and head back home your never going to meet ever again.”

“Pray tell what's that supposed to mean?”

“Read the newspaper she's dead.”

“Ooooh so your the bastard that planted the crossbow behind the loose brick in the wall.”

“Now celestia will be the one and only true ruler of Equestria!”

“Pause”

“Command acknowledged!”

A bead of sweat ran down the guards face as he tried to grasp at whatever straws he could.

“Celestia will never believe you!” the guard fired back.

“I wouldn't say that..” came a voice from behind.

“Ah Celestia, what brings you to this lovely neck of the woods?” the Wraith asked.

“Well after Luna recovered from that state you put her in she remembered something and relayed to me what you told her about one of our guards or staff was working to hurt my sister I couldn't believe such an act of hatred possible in my kingdom, unfortunately I came just as golden shield delivered that message to you, he was one of my best guards too!” Celestia said her heart broken.

“I understand princess, by the way did luna come with you?” the Wraith asked.

“Yes she did, she's over there behind the corner of the alley with the rest of the girls.” Celestia replied.



The Wraith looked behind him to see all the girls including Luna peak over from the side and then hid the moment he made eye contact. However Luna seemed to be new to the concept of hiding when she was trying to avoid being caught but her horn was sticking out.

“Alright here, hold dumbass for me!” the Wraith requested.

Celestia accepted and held golden shield in her magic!

“It’s Golden Shield!” he remarked!

“You don’t get a say in this!” The Wraith replied to golden shield!

The Wraith undid the locking mechanism that kept his mask attached to the suit and took it off before taking a calm deep breath in!

“Luna I can see your horn poking out, can you come over here please there's someone that wants to meet you.” The Wraith called.

Luna sighing in defeat revealed herself and walked over to the alley.

“Button mash I present to you princess luna!”

The colt’s eyes lit up and he dashed towards the left hoof of luna and hugged it. Luna's face as he came and hugged her took her by surprise and lit up red to which the Wraith chuckled and replied.

“No more feeling sorry for yourself, keep your head up and held up high, if this colt respects you then there's hope for you yet!”

Celestia herself looked at the display and could help but smile.

“You have such a way with words!”

The Wraith looked at her and replied.

“In my defence, words like that come to me natrually, but not without some help from my inspiration.”

Celestia looked at the Wraith with curiosity in her gaze.

“Oh, and what would that be?”

The Wraith sighed and then composed himself.

“A story for another time, we probably should get going before we miss the train.”

Celestia felt as if an icy breeze blew past her as the Wraith and the girls left for the station.

He's hiding something, something dark, hopefully he’ll come around and share.


Sometime Later
The Wraith and the girls sat in a coach Car as the train made its way to Ponyville. The Wraith was dreading the thought of living there, though there wasn't a whole lot he could do about it otherwise. He had his head resting on his arm as he looked out the window as the scenery went by. He couldn't help but think of a game he played in his childhood that someone introduced him to. All that was missing was a cat named rover asking him if he could sit next to him.

Amanda…..” he absentmindedly blurted out.

“Who?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“Nothing…” he said, trying to avoid the subject.

“Oh ok I just thought you were thinking of having to talk to a racoon about buying a house in Ponyville.” Pinkie said in her bubbly mood.

WHAT!

The Wraith looked over to her in a state of shock and surprise!

“How the hell do you know that!” he demanded.

“Just a hunch!”

There is no god damned way that is just a hunch, she must be able to read minds or something.

He theorized.

The Wraith looked over to twilight and asked.

“Hey twilight how much longer till we hit town?”

Twilight earlier seemed to be distracted by some thought but shaked her head out of her stupor and replied.

“Uhh… oh less than a minute.”

The Wraith looked and replied.

“Alright then...”

We’ve been on the train for just over an hour, probably should have found a safe place to slip away and take the Night wing instead, at least I wouldn’t have to worry about the travel time. Well, I mean I know I used to like train rides when I was young but I grew out of that, but then again having the night wing fly in broad daylight would cause too much of a panic for the townsfolk that don't understand it. I’m gonna have to wait till nightfall to get it to land nearby. I can't have it sit in that cave under Canterlot forever, wait time would be an issue. Maybe when I find a place I can have a shed built to store it for the time being but for now I’m gonna have to find a spot for it to hide till that can come to fruition…

He pondered.

“Oh Wraith there it is!” Twilight said a tad bit excited.

“Oh you know I probably should have done this before but it didn't come to me before now!” Twilight said gleefully.

“Don’t do it...” the Wraith objected.

“Welcome to Ponyville.” she said with pride.

God damn it, there was enough cheese in that statement to make even Wallace envious!

Author's Note:

Yes I know I went overboard with the length of this chapter as it was an extremely difficult time trying to find a way to end it and fortunately I did. In case you want to know yes, to an extent his origin story is similar to Bruce Wayne's uprising with a god few differences to separate the two!

ask any questions you deem fit, and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability
only one more chapter to go!