• Published 4th Sep 2019
  • 510 Views, 5 Comments

The Wraith - Therisinghero



A vigilante of the city of newport falls is yanked from his world and into the world of colorful talking ponies...

  • ...
3
 5
 510

The Turn Around

The group all cheered as if this was something they have been planning for awhile.

“Tis great news Headmaster, how do we plan on doing this?” asked a cloaked pony.

The cloaked pony who was at the center of the room smiled as he held out something in his hoof. It appeared the be a vile of purplish liquid.

How is he doing that without fingers…. You know what, forget the impossible I need to focus on this, I will worry about the smaller things later. The Wraith thought to himself.

“This vile of venenum was made by me, we will use it on Princess Luna as a drink to congratulate her reinstatement as princess ” Chuckled the headmaster.

A newspaper hovered over to the Headmaster and floated there in front of him. The Wraith watched this in awe but noticed a color radiating off the paper he also noticed that there was an identical color radiating from under his cloak.

They must be connected somehow. the Wraith mused.

“There will be a press conference held tomorrow night being hosted by Princess Luna herself the paper says she is going to make a big apology to her subjects” the Headmaster continued

One cloaked pony asked aloud to the Headmaster.

“What should we do if your plan doesn't work?”

The headmaster chuckled.

“Good question brother, I’m glad you asked.”

“I will put a magic nullifying ring on Princess Luna and we in turn will use our daggers on her until she has drawn her last breath.”

The group seemed satisfied with that and all gave The Headmaster a cheer.

This doesn't sound good, I could just stop this right here and now but I don't think that will work in my favor. However, if I were to stop them at the press conference Id get them with their pants down metaphorically speaking of course. Id’ better leave now before I get spotted by one of them
The Wraith thought.

The Wraith made his way back to the house that Twilight lived in. when he arrived he had the chance to really take a look at it, it was a tree house like an actual tree carved out to form a house while impressive it wasn't a concept he hadn't heard about before. He remembered a book he read back in his childhood called the berenstain bears that had a similar concept but he didnt wanna think too much into it.

He walked quietly into the house, fortunately Twilight was still asleep so he headed back to the couch and closed his eyes.


As he fell asleep what he thought was another dream turned out to be Helios and Mira again.

Helios spoke first.

“Hello again James, we have come back to hear your answer regarding the safety of Equestria.”

James stood there for a bit thinking it over and then with a deep breath he answered back.

“Ok I’ll do it, but only because you haven't given me much choice.” James exhaled after saying this.

Both alicorns smiled at this, However James wasn't finished.

“There is also something that I want to ask the both of you.” James started

Mira responded back.

“Oh, and what is that?” Mira asked.

“It is another promise I made to you but in order to follow through with that I need to know how to use this staff and its abilities” James asked and continued.

“The disguise function for example.” James finished

There was a brief moment of silence before helios cleared his throat and began.

“On the top of the staff there are symbols that react to touch the disguise function is the one with an earth pony and a line through it.” Helios explained

“Before you touch it you have to think in your mind what you want to look like then you can activate it.” Mira added in.

“The spell applied to the staff only works towards others not through your eyes though.” Helios continued on.

“Wait what do you mean not through my eyes?”James inquired.

“Allow me to explain, after the spell is applied it will look like nothing has changed but look in a reflection and you will see the difference.” Mira took a brief pause and the continued. “This also applies to others that will see you, while you may have your human form in your eyes you will still blend in with other ponies, this is to prevent disorientation from the user of the staff.” Mira finished.

“So how do I turn it off?” James asked.

“All you have to do is touch the symbol again and the spell will cease” Helios answered.

“Ok then, is it safe to assume that we will see each other again?” James asked.

“Yes” both alicorns answered in unison.

“Ok, so until then I will see both of you later.” James said as the vision began to fade.


The sun had begun to rise over the town and as the sun came shining into the library the Wraith was already up and carefully looking over any book he could find in the library about the anatomy of ponies, anything regarding weak spots that he could deem useful for tonight's activities, so to speak.

So far the results were actually surprising his human anatomy compared to pony anatomy were not too far apart only differences being stature and size.

The only thing that stumped him was what the book referred to as magic. He did remember hearing the term used a few times but it had to mean more than just a sleight of hand. That was going to have to be something he was going to have to ask Twilight about.

Speaking of which twilight could be seen making her way down stairs. Her mane was disheveled, which made him chuckle a bit at her state.

Heh, I remember my first bed head! The Wraith chuckled at the thought.

Twilight Heard this and gave him a glare.

“Oh ha ha very funny, at least I am able to show my face after I have woken up unlike you!” Shouted an annoyed Twilight.

“Oh you wanna play that game eh, fine then!” The Wraith said Accepting her little challenge.

He closed the book he was reading and proceeded to take off his mask. As he undid the little mechanism lock on his mask it opened up and he revealed his face to her.

Twilight soaked in every detail that his face had, his small snout , his short brown mane, and his blue eyes.

The Wraith took full advantage of this moment and began to tease her again.

“Take a photo sweetheart it will last longer.” The Wraith said mockingly.

Twilight realizing what she was doing scrunched up her face and turned around and walked towards the kitchen, unknown to the Wraith twilights face was beet red from the embarassment. She got herself a cold glass of water to ease her nerves. She returned back to the library after her face went back to its natural color.

Wanting to avoid any more embarrassment she magiced a book off the shelf and covered her face with it. The Wraith tried to get her attention again but failed each time as she nonchalantly turned a page. The Wraith swallowed his pride and cleared his voice.

“Listen I’m sorry I laughed at you, I am also sorry that I mocked that cute look you had on.”

Twilight’s book dropped to the floor revealing a slightly red faced Twilight.

Did I really just say that? The Wraith realized.

“You think….. I’m cute?” Twilight stutterd

Think think think how can I get out of this without looking like an ass… The Wraith panicked.

“Uh…” The Wraith stammered

You know what screw it, if I find myself in this situation again I’m walking the other direction, fuck this!
The Wraith thought.


“Yeah I mean I’m surprised you aren't already in a relationship I’m sure any stallion would be lucky to have you!” The Wraith said pulling himself back together.

That was not a smooth save dumbass! The Wraith deadpanned.

The whole library was dead silent, to say that one could hear a pin drop would be an understatement you’d probably be better off hearing a butterfly’s wings beating in the air.

To kill the tension The Wraith changed gears in this conversation and asked…

“Twilight, I want to ask you about magic.” The Wraith stated.

Twilight shook herself out of her stupor and cleared her throat.

“What about magic do you want to know?” inquired Twilight.

“Humor me, what is magic exactly?” The Wraith asked back.

“Well, the easiest way to describe it is an energy found in all living things, it surrounds us, penetrates us, it binds Equestria together as a whole. For example unicorns like myself can harness it and use it towards anything we put our minds to. Pegasi while they don't have horns, use magic too, their wings allow them to fly and their hooves allow them to move clouds and help with forming weather. Earth ponies magic lets them be in touch with the ground below them their magic makes them strong.” Twilight finished.

Oh great, I've found myself in an obscure Star Wars reference. He thought to himself

“Fascinating so everything is done by you ponies, like the weather and such?” The Wraith said intrigued.

“Yes.” Twilight replied


“That's kinda funky, things just work by themselves where I’m from, like the weather for instance the only work my people do is make predictions on what will happen, but even with that accuracy it’s not one hundred percent. Though if we could control the weather we could save countless lives and prevent several natural disasters!” The Wraith said as he started to ramble.

“Interesting so how does magic work in your world?” Twilight asked.

“it doesn't, it's nothing like this place, the only magic that exists there is cheap tricks and gimmicks.” The Wraith answered.

Twilight magiced a quill and parchment paper and began jotting down notes on the conversation. The conversation began to move in another direction as Twilight began getting more and more curious.

“so... do you wear that outfit often?” asked Twilight.

The Wraith felt the conversation shift and went along with it.

“Only when the need arises.” The Wraith answered back.

“So, what are you out of that?” Twilight asked

“Out of uniform, I am a rich boy with too much time on his hands...” The Wraith sighed

“You’re wealthy?” Twilight asked surprised.

“I was where I came from, but I am no longer there so no.” The Wraith replied

Twilight thought for a short while before coming up with her next question.

“How old are you?”

“Twenty one”

“That's interesting so am I”

The Wraith raised an eyebrow at this but left it be.

“Do you think that your parents are worried that you are gone?” Twilight asked nonchalantly.

“Ask another question.” the Wraith said as his tone shifted.

“Why?” Twilight asked Bewildered.

“I’d rather not talk about them, that's why!” The Wraith said anger present in his voice.

Twilight saw that this was a touchy subject and left it be, for now.

“What is that thing on your sides” Twilight asked pointing her hoof towards his waist.

The Wraith took a deep breath in and calmed himself down.

“This is my utility belt, this carries all the necessary tools and items I need to get around and fight crime” The Wraith said back in a calm voice again.

“Like this for example!” The Wraith pulled out his grapple gun as he continued to show off to Twilight.

“What is that?” asked Twilight eyeing the device like candy.

“This is my grapple gun it allows me to reach high places in short periods of time!” the Wraith explained.

While they were talking, a tired voice got both of their attention

“Twilight is it ok if I come out now?” called a young voice.

Twilight thought for a second before answering then cleared her throat.

“Sure spike you can come down.” Twilight responded

Footsteps could be heard as spike walked down the stairs. When he was in full view of the both of them The Wraith got a good look at him. What he saw was a small purple lizard but that couldn't be what he was, he had been in this world for four days, it had to be something else. He processed his thoughts carefully until he came to a conclusion.

“You’re a dragon, aren't you?” asked The Wraith.

“He's a baby dragon actually” Twilight answers.

“Spike this is The Wraith” Twilight introduced the two.

“Hi.” greeted spike reaching his arm out to shake.

“Hey.” The Wraith said returning the gesture.

The Wraith put away his grapple gun after hearing the dragon was a kid. While doing this The Wraith noticed spike went from neutral, to looking like he was about to barf.

“Hey you ok there?” he asked concerned.

“Hang on a sec...” spike said holding his gut.

It was then that a loud belch followed by fire came towards The Wraith. He took immediate action and jumped out of the way. When he got his berings back he noticed a scroll on the floor, this scroll wasn't there before and had a wax seal on it the markings on the seal made him think it was important, he grabbed it and analyzed it.

“Would you give that to me, please?” Twilight asked knocking the Wraith out of his stupor.

“Oh… sure.” he said handing her the scroll.

“Its from Princess Celestia.” Twilight exclaimed.

So that's why it was important. The Wraith thought.

“What does it say?” The Wraith asked as twilight unrolled the scroll.



My dear student Twilight Sparkle, I am unfortunately unable to see you in Ponyville due to my sister’s public apology that I am helping put together. However, I would like for you all to attend this event to give my sister the support she needs. That includes your new friend. We can all talk once it is over so we can figure out what to do next.

Princess Celestia

Once the scroll was finished being read, The Wraith realized he had a big problem on his hands if these mares went anywhere near the announcement,this would cause trouble. In the scroll were eight train tickets so he also had to assume that spike had to come along too. He stood there for a moment weighing his options he still had to put a stop to that assassination but he couldn't in good conscience endanger civilian lives, so he had to tell Twilight but he had to be vague.

If she were to tell the princess what was going to go down the event would be canceled, while sounding good would not prevent them from trying again. The event had to continue as planned so he could foil it before any damage could happen whether it be tonight or some other day.

“Twilight?” The Wraith said while carefully thinking about his words.

“Yes?” Twilight replied wondering what he had to say.

The Wraith got to eye level with her so he wouldn’t come across as mean.

“I need you to do me a big favor.” The Wraith said.

“What’s going on Wraith?” Twilight asked wondering where this was coming from.

“I need you spike and the girls to stay away from that event!” The Wraith said as he exhaled.

“Why, the princess says she wants us there to support her sister, where is this coming from?” Twilight said worry evident in her voice.

The Wraith took a deep breath in and looked her in the eye.

“All I can tell you is something bad is going to happen there which is why I want you to stay away” The Wraith said with a sincerness in his voice.

Twilight wanted to object to this but before she could the Wraith had grabbed his mask then put it back on and began to make his way out the door, however, before he left he asked Twilight…

“If your going to tell the princess anything, which I know you will, tell her I am allergic to punch.” The Wraith said as he left.

Twilight tried to go after him but when she left her house she couldn't see him anywhere.


As The Wraith left Twilight’s house He made a quick one eighty around and towards the Everfree Forest. It was still kinda early in the morning to where not all ponies were up yet so he made the most of it and ran as fast as he could out of the village. Once he past the last house he could see a cottage on the horizon near the Everfree that had to be the cottage that Fluttershy lived in when she brought him in. Once he was at the front door, he knocked hoping to hear back.
He waited there anxiously until a quiet voice answered the door.

“Hello, who's um there?” Came Fluttershy’s voice.

“Fluttershy it’s me, The Wraith I’ve come by to pick something up that I left here.” The Wraith said trying to sound as non threatening as possible.

“It's a golden staff that should be next to the door.” The Wraith explained.

There was a small rustle behind the door as it sounded like she grabbed it and was trying to open the door. As the door opened Fluttershy held the staff in her mouth, when the Wraith held his hand out she let it fall from her mouth into The Wraiths hand. Though for as long as that moment lasted he could help but find her holding the staff in her mouth adorable almost like a puppy bringing back a stick for his master for the first time. Though he remained neutral, it was a good thing he had his mask on.


“Thanks Fluttershy!” he said and began to make his leave.

The Wraith had everything he needed all he had to do now was get to the castle and put a stop to the assassination. The Wraith activated the Night hawk’s recall signal and within seconds the Night Wing was over head and The Wraith grappled up to it and took off towards Canterlot castle.
As the Jet roared away most of the residents came outside to see it go past and immediately went back in their houses. After about a half hour of flight the Wraith looks for an opening around the castle till he sees a balcony with its doors open.

He immediately hops out of his jet as it continues flying and dives into the direction of the balcony, as he falls he signals the aircraft to return to the temporary landing zone he set there. Having one of his hands ready to grab his Grappler he pulls it out and he fires it at the balcony pillars and when the hook latched on he swung from the grapplers rope and went full circle from under until the balcony till he landed on top. He enters the room that the balcony leads to, no one seems to be in there so he pulls out his staff from behind and begins to think what he wants to look like.

I need this to be convincing so no one suspects a thing. It was then he decided what he was going to go as he thought of a white stallion with a brown mane and a service tuxedo. He kept his thought and touched the disguise symbol.

There was a small white flash and then nothing he looked himself over seeing if anything changed then he saw a mirror with the stallion he thought up. The disguise was set all he had to do was find where the event was being held. He made his way out of the room and walked down a hallway seemingly aimless. After awhile he bumped into a guard who was on their way somewhere else.

“Sorry about that I’m kinda lost Im supposed to be over helping set up princess Luna’s Public apology and I kinda got lost.” The Wraith said trying to sound as convincing as he could.

The guard Exhaled but then began to speak.

“Go down this hall, make a left then follow that hallway, then make your first right, then you should see the double doors, then your there.” The guard said stoically.

“Thanks!” The Wraith said to the guard and then made a mad dash for the room.

When he made it to the double doors he took a quick breather and went inside. When he entered he could see that the room appeared to be already set up, however there was no pony in sight. This was good news to him so he could put together a battle plan. He looked up and saw a good few places to hide so he kept note of that.

He looked around the room some more and thankfully there was no punch bowl in sight, looks like the princess took heed about his “allergy to punch” and decide to not provide any. The only thing he had left to do was wait for the event to start.


After several hours had gone by and the sun was in the evening position. Ponies began to enter the room some with some old fashioned cameras which he believed were press ponies. A few more ponies entered which the Wraith kept his eye on.

Unfortunately the six mares that he told Twilight to stay away from the event where there as well, minus spike though which was odd. He wanted to get them out of there but it was then that he saw a unicorn teleport from the floor to one of the perches and then move a loose brick to pull out a crossbow. The good news was that he didn't notice the Wraith nearby him which still suited him well.

Two guards in gold plated armor opened the door revealing Princess Luna. she casually walked down the center of the room towards the podium where she was going to start her speech. The unicorn that was on the perch pulled a syringe from his mane and loaded it in the crossbow.

“This is great, she's not going to see this coming.” the unicorn said to no one in particular.

“Yeah, and neither will you!” came a voice from behind.

“Wha…” was all he could muster out before something from behind grabbed him and his vision went black.

That's one assailant down. The Wraith thought to himself.
“My dear subjects, I've gathered you all here tonight to give a formal apology for the actions of Nightmare Moon!” Princess Luna began.

Meanwhile

The mane six were all together listening to what princess Luna had to say, however, a few of them were curious as to why the Wraith told them to stay away.

“Twilight, darling, do you know why that Wraith fellow told us to not to come here?” Rarity asked Twilight.

“I’m not sure Rarity the only thing I got out of him was that something bad would happen” Twilight answered.

Three unicorn stallions made their way towards the mane six and sat in front of them. The girls didn't mind this but unknown to them something more sinister was about to happen.

Half way through Princess Luna's speech there was a unicorn stallion that made his way towards Princess Luna and cleared his throat.

“Princess Luna I as the headmaster of the lunar eclipse clan welcome you back from the moon but your reign as a Princess ends here.” said the Headmaster.

The room went quiet unknown to the others, the doors were magically sealed shut. This silence lasted for a few seconds before the headmaster turned his head to where the pony he instructed to shoot Luna, was not there. The headmaster huffed.

“Looks like I am going to have to do this myself.” the headmaster said
Luna looked to her guards who were sitting there grinning as well.

“Guards seize him!” Luna ordered but they sat there and did nothing.

What they did do was change from the guards to cloaked ponies.

The headmaster charged his horn with a powerful stun spell while Luna was occupied.
When the spell was ready the headmaster fired it off. Luna's attention was brought back to the headmaster who she saw fire a spell at her but before she could come up with a counter she was hit and she fell to the ground.

The mane six saw this all unfold and tried to rush to the aid of Luna but they all hit their heads on an invisible wall. It was discovered by twilight that three stallions that sat in front of them had made a shield around them to prevent them from interfering. The headmaster drew a dagger from his mane and began to get closer to Luna.

“Celestia is the only princess fit to rule!”

However before he could even reach the stage where she was, a metallic clang hit the floor.

At the headmaster's whooves was a black ball. The Headmaster didn't know what to think of this, it was until that ball began to hiss and a large wall of smoke came from nowhere.

“I am the shadow that stalks the night!”

A strange mass emerged from the smoke and grabbed him by his throat and lifted him up.

“My eyes cast fear into evil’s might!”

Two white lights materialized from the smoke and the figure exited the cloud with the headmaster in his grasp.

“My fist will deliver judgement as I fight!”

“You will not escape my sight!”

“Fear my name!”

“Know my name!”

I

Am

The

Wraith!

The girls saw him with shock on their faces, The headmaster looked the figure in the eyes as he tried to remove himself from the figures grasp.

“You will pay for what you have done!” The Wraith said with a very threatening, very angry voice!

The Wraith slammed the headmaster to the ground and knocked his lights out with one punch.

“What is that thing?” yelled one stallion.

“I don't know but it just took out the headmaster, Get it! ” yelled another

One stallion charged The Wraith but was knocked Flat on his back as the Wraith delivered a powerful uppercut.

Then two stallions charged and jumped to try and knock The Wraith to the ground but each were grabbed by their throats and slammed to the ground and both knocked unconscious.

Two unicorn stallions tried to stop the Wraith by firing off some spells, Trying to Knock him down but all the spells did was push him back a bit as each spell ricocheted off his armor. The Wraith continued forward and grabbed each stallion by their head and slammed them together, knocking them unconscious and they fell to the floor.

The girls changed from their shocked expressions, to ecstatic as they were cheering him on as he took on opponent after opponent without stopping or slowing down. The Wraith was now making his way towards the three stallions holding the girls in a force field.

The three stallions stood their ground but they wouldn't last for long. The Wraith had pulled out three taser charges and threw them at the three stallions each one hitting their mark. The Wraith then pushed a button on his right gauntlet and the three stallions looked down to their chest to see the charges beeping before being tased all of them screamed in pain. Each one of them fell to the ground and the shield dispersed. All the girls ran towards the Wraith all except twilight who the Wraith could see was being held by the headmaster who had recovered and was holding a dagger next to twilight's throat.

“You may have stopped us but I will still win this day, what do you say.” the headmaster gloated.

The Wraith had put himself in front of the girls and said one word.

“Catch!” The Wraith said firing his grapple gun.

The headmaster managed to move his head before the hook could hit him so he decided to gloat again.

“HA, you missed me!” The Headmaster chuckled.

However, it was the Wraiths turn to gloat!

“I wasn't aiming for you!” The Wraith said as he pulled hard on the rope and removed a brick from the wall and it hit the headmaster in the back of the head where he fell to the floor unconscious.

Twilight rushed towards him, tears in her eyes at what just happened.
The Wraith bent down on his knees and gave her a hug, she returned the gesture.

“I should have listened to you, I shouldn't have brought the girls here this is my fault.” Twilight cried into his shoulder.

“Hey that doesn't matter right now, what matters is that you all are alright.” The Wraith said comforting twilight and patting her on the top of her head.

“Perhaps I misjudged you thanks for saving us.” Applejack said thanking him.

“That was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen, they were all like you can't stop us and you were like yes I can, pow, wham, smack!” Rainbow Dash said, trying to recreate the moment herself.

Fluttershy gave the Wraith a hug too, while also keeping to herself.

“I do concur with rainbow here. I've never in my life seen anything so magnificent, so brave, so dashing!” Rarity said off in a tangent.

“I get it Rarity no need to flatter me, it's what I do!” the Wraith said not used to all this praise.

Rarity on the other hand looked at him with a rosy hue to her cheeks.

“THIS CALLS FOR A PARTY!” Pinkie Pie said hovering above him for some reason.

The Wraith held up his hand and stopped Pinkie.

“Not yet, we still have to get Princess Luna back on her whooves again.” said the Wraith.

The Wraith looked towards the press ponies who seemed unaffected by all this, instead they were taking pictures of him and writing down all that happened.
The Wraith motioned the girls towards Luna. However, as the Wraith tried to wake her she wouldn't move! Something was wrong, very wrong!

Author's Note:

I feel as if there are some things that I should have improved upon here in some cases I did and others I didn't and it kinda fell apart after chapter 5 but the whole story is being redone and will be more intricate then I could do here!