• Published 25th Aug 2019
  • 2,708 Views, 48 Comments

My Little Isekai - Chancegunnett

  • ...
13
 48
 2,708

Chapter 2: Mission Start

I had been lead by Celestia to a small room, containing a tea table, four cushions, and a tea set.

During he walk, I had gotten a better look at Celestia. Her body proportions were a little weird. Wide hips, thick thighs, and proportionally short legs and arms. She looked like a cartoonish pony that had suddenly sprouted hands, and decided to start walking upright. More pony than human,she wasn't neccisarially a furry, more Anthro than anything (and yes, there is technically a difference, even though the terms can be used interchangeably in certain circumstances). She also looked a little pudgy, not fat, just... plump.

"Please sit, I'd like to discuss some things with you."

I sat down, wanting desperately to stay on her good side.

"Tell me about yourself," said Celestia, dainty pouring two cups of tea.

Wasn't expecting that, well alright.

"What do you want to know?"

"Where you're from, what you did for a living, from whom you're descended from, I want to get a grasp on what kind of person you are Jackson Krul. And don't think about lying to me, I'll know."

Celestia used Scary Face.

Jackson is paralyzed.

I gulped nervously again.

"W-well, as you know, my name is Jackson Krul, I'm nineteen years old, I'm an American of Romanian-Irish decent. I used to work as a cook at Mg Ronalds partime, going to a trade scool to get a Business Degree. I get my hazel eyes from my mom, and my black hair from my dad..."

While I was going on my tangent, Celestia simply nodded politely, passed me my cup of tea, and began elegantly sipping hers.

"Tell me about this 'America,' is it your home country?"

"Yes it is," I replied happily.

"What's it like living there?"

"Depends on where you live, Middle America tends to be very calm, the only thing that most people need to worry about is wild animals, maybe a stray storm or two. On the coasts however, it's a little different. The cities are a major factor in this difference, higher population density leads to a higher crime rate. Taking into account the incompetence or corruptness of many police and politicians in these areas makes the whole ordeal worse. But, all in all, there are worse places to live."

Celestia nodded her head, humming softly.

"What about your parents, what were they like?"

"Amazing actually, my Mom's side of the family has lived in the States since the eighteen-hundreds, my dad is a second generation Romanian immigrant, my mom was as sweet as can be, always making sure I was happy and well fed. My dad was a bit old fashioned, always dragging me outside to play catch, or taking me to baseball games, it was amazing."

"Do you also get your pale complexion from one of them? Because the last human I met had... much darker skin? Is it hereditary?"

"My mother is Gaeilic, Irish to be exact, so I get it from her, and yes, it does tend to be hereditary."

Celestia nodded politely again.

"Tell me more about you as a person Jackson, I apologize if I'm coming off as impatient, I'm actually very curious is all."

This lady has one hell of a pokerface, I can't read her at all.

Fucking politicians. (Is joke, please don't freak out)

"I like to think of myself as a kind person, I'm the kind of person that'd go out of my way to help someone."

"Anything else noteworthy?"

"I also tend to be a very bad lier, the guilt eats away at me, before to long I burst."

That actually got a giggle out of her. Progress.

Her passive gaze shifted to a much more mirthful expression, I could even see a little bit of solemn sadness in her large purple eyes.

Her mask is slipping, and she knows it.

"That's quite the relief, I'm sorry if I scared you, but the current situation is quite dire."

"I was kinda worried you'd order my execution with how... I don't know, blunt you were being."

"I'm a Princess, I have greedy nobles, and self-righteous zealots hounding me at all hours of the day, after all this time, I've learned the best way to make progress, is to take a step back and be "blunt" as you so eluquently put it."

"So, what kind of situation will I be dealing with," I asked nervously.

"My sister is returning from her imprisonment on the moon, I want you to help reform her," replied Celestia.

I gulped nervously.

"Is she as strong as you?"

"Under the influence of the Limelight, she is actually slightly stronger, but far better trained in terms of combat than I," said Celestia seriously.

I'm boned.

"Thus why you are not fighting her alone, you will accompany my young student, and assist her in defeating Nightmare Moon."

"Does she know about this plan," I asked, sweat dripping from my brow.

"No, she doesn't, I am leaving it up to her to formulate a 'gameplan' to defeat Nightmare Moon."

"Why do I have the sneaking suspicion you're actually a raging sadist?"

Celestia giggled softly.

"Well, at least I know you'll behave yourself, you wouldn't want to upset me, would you?"

Is it me, or is the room suddenly fridgidly cold?

"Of course not, ma'am, I'll behave," I said nervously.

A message suddenly flashed in front of my face.

New Mission: Harmony Returns

(Warning: This is a Primary Mission and thusly cannot be denied)

Rewards: 75,000 EXP, 2000 Bit's, and a Random Spell.

Failure: Enslavement or Death.

Goodie, this mission is going to be insanely difficult, but hey, that's a lot of good rewards.

"Good, Twilight will be notified of your accompaniment, you will set out in two days, until then you will be provided lodgings in the palace, breakfast is served at Eight Thirty sharp, and dinner at Nine."

Celestia stood up and motioned for me to follow.

She lead me down a flight of stairs and to a much more "moody" part of the castle. The lavish whites, yellows, golds, and purples of the brighter parts of the palace were replaced by dark blues, grays, silver, and the occasional splotches of red. It was a near complete reverse of what I've seen thusfar. And it was beautiful.

"Canterlot Palace, much like the Everfree Castle, is divided into two parts. The right side is the Day Court, it is where I reside, and the left side is the Night Court, it is where my sister will reside once she's freed from her curse."

"You seem really sure if our success," I said thoughtfully.

"Of course, if my mother sent you, she must be confident in your abilities, so I will be as well."

Shortly after you stopped in front of a large oak door, a crescent moon emblazoned on the front.

This will be where you'll be sleeping, there is an en suite bathroom, a bed, desk, and many other things that'll no doubt make your stay pleasant, have a lovely night."

Celestia gave me a wave as she left.

Good God that mare is scary.