• Published 13th Sep 2019
  • 1,550 Views, 46 Comments

Fifteen Pages - NaiadSagaIotaOar



A princess from a magical land, with fiery hair, ruby lips and eyes that could melt stone. Rarity's diary reads like a fairytale. But something we tend to forget as we grow is how rarely fairytales end happily.

  • ...
5
 46
 1,550

VII

The sixth page bore signs of a distracted hand—before there were words pressed onto this page, there were drawings of glittering crowns. It was understandable; one such object had been sitting close by the page while it was filled. And the writing, while still neat, wobbled just a bit, for it was difficult to giggle and keep a steady pen—but it was important to preserve the night’s events before memory faded, so diary and pen had been snatched up swiftly after the bedroom door closed.

That was the best. Night. Ever!

I’d never have guessed Sunset was such a good dancer. She seemed… competent, when I was showing her the basics a little while ago. Did she practice by herself? Just for me? Oh, she shouldn’t have, but of course she did!

Hearts marked the margin of the page around there. Perhaps there were more minutiae of the night to describe, but the basics had been put down, and once that had been accomplished, lounging and daydreaming seemed more than adequate.

For a while, anyway. This page was written in two intervals. Both came from realms of emotion, but the second was slightly tempered, time ushering in little slivers of logic.

But something about the people there, it just bothered me. The way they looked at each other—I spotted a few girls whose names had been on the ballot, and they were all glaring at each other.

I’ve never seen that before. Not at CHS. People there are always so friendly, even when it’s time for a little competition.

Sunset said I shouldn’t worry about it.