• Published 13th Sep 2019
  • 1,547 Views, 46 Comments

Fifteen Pages - NaiadSagaIotaOar



A princess from a magical land, with fiery hair, ruby lips and eyes that could melt stone. Rarity's diary reads like a fairytale. But something we tend to forget as we grow is how rarely fairytales end happily.

  • ...
5
 46
 1,547

X

The ninth page was one of the wordiest. There had been many thoughts to sift through, and many conclusions sought.

Well. I suppose that didn’t go awfully.

It took me most of the day to work up the nerve to speak to her about it—is there ever an easy way to tell someone you love you’re worried about them? I hope not, else I’ve clearly done something wrong.

“Have you seen Lyra recently?” I’d inquired as we were leaving school. The sidewalk’s quiet, but not quite intimate.

Sunset said she’d seen her around, she supposed, but only from afar. Nothing to fuss over.

We talked about it a bit more. And, eventually, I asked her if she knew what happened the day of that ghastly lover’s quarrel.

It took Sunset a moment to answer. She asked why I was interested. I told her I was curious and loved to gossip—which is entirely true, not that that helped.

Sometimes I wish I could read her better. Goodness knows it’s a thrill to always be surprised, but just once, I wish I could’ve just peaked in her head and had all the answers right in the palm of my hand.

But when she’s such a mystery to me, I suppose it’s only fair I hold something back myself now and then, is it not? Of course it is.

I digress.

She said she didn’t know what happened. That she hoped it was nothing too serious, and that they were doing well. That she’d thought about talking to them, but wasn’t sure she’d be wanted—neither of us knew them very well, all things considered.

At the time, I felt so happy. So relieved. Maybe that’s to be expected. I was with her, after all.

I told her we should still perhaps try talking to them, though. It’s the least we can do, is it not? I would not be myself if matters of the heart brought someone pain and I did nothing but watch.