• Published 13th Sep 2019
  • 1,545 Views, 46 Comments

Fifteen Pages - NaiadSagaIotaOar



A princess from a magical land, with fiery hair, ruby lips and eyes that could melt stone. Rarity's diary reads like a fairytale. But something we tend to forget as we grow is how rarely fairytales end happily.

  • ...
5
 46
 1,545

XI

Only a day after the ninth page had been filled, pen was put to paper on the tenth page.

It’s been a few months since Sunset talked about that offer she’d made me, but she brought it up again today. She asked me how I was feeling about it now, if I’d changed my mind since that first talk.

“I don’t want to pressure you,” she’d said. “But I can’t wait to go back, and there’s so much of that world I want to show you.”

I didn’t answer, not right away. I said I’d been thinking about it. Asked what it was we’d be doing once we got there. Anything but give a straight answer.

And she gave the most Sunset answer she could have given.

“Right now, there’s only one princess in charge, over there,” she said. “But you know what they say about two heads...”

She didn’t even need to spell anything out, and already she made it all sound so wonderful. Goodness, she makes me feel so bubbly and… young.

Of course she does—she’s making me want to be a princess. And the way she talked about it, it was like it was just around the corner, that all I had to do was take her hand and there’d be a crown on my head.

We didn’t talk about it much more, that day, but I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I was hoping we’d get a chance to speak again on the walk home, but, well… it was so sweet of Sunset to walk with Lyra that afternoon instead, so I resigned myself to waiting a little while.