• Published 13th Sep 2019
  • 1,545 Views, 46 Comments

Fifteen Pages - NaiadSagaIotaOar



A princess from a magical land, with fiery hair, ruby lips and eyes that could melt stone. Rarity's diary reads like a fairytale. But something we tend to forget as we grow is how rarely fairytales end happily.

  • ...
5
 46
 1,545

V

The fourth page, when looked at with sufficient distance, would not seem so noteworthy. Indeed, if that page were the only one to discuss, the tale of the diary’s pages would not be a tale at all. It would be an anecdote on a footnote, dismissed by all but a very rare few.

But it did not stand in isolation. It was one of a set, and so it deserved mention.

Two weeks, the letters spelled, across the top of the page. Two weeks until the Spring Fling. How did that happen? It always felt so distant, but now it’s right on top of me.

It feels so… trite, now. I suppose that’s to be expected; I’ve met a girl who’s a stone’s throw from being an actual princess. Why should I care so much about being a pretend one?

I haven’t even put my name on the ballot yet. Sunset says I should—I might. But I don’t know if I can see myself winning. I’ve heard people talking. It feels like half the school wants Lyra to win, and why shouldn’t they? She’s such a delight by herself, but oh, think of how lovely it’d be for her and Bon Bon, the sweetest couple of CHS, to get the spotlight for just one night! I’m getting excited just thinking about it!

Even Sunset seemed to like the idea. It’s so hard to know what she’s thinking—all part of the thrill, I suppose; she’s so mysterious. But she was smiling, even, and how often does she do that?

(Not often, though I think she has gotten better at faking it—I’m such a bad influence)

But Sunset also said she’d like to see me getting that crown. I suppose it couldn’t hurt to put my name forward, could it?